Arshi FF: The Valiant Knight - Thread 3 - COMPLETED

Posted: 10 years ago
The Valiant Knight

I am presenting you all Between 2 Strangers Season IItitled as 
The Valiant Knight.   The Valiant Knight has been whirling in my brain for almost 3 months now.  There was never a single day that I haven't thought about it.  Its very special and close to my heart in many ways as I truly wanna show how extreme each character will be, be it enemy, lover, sister or matter of fact a loner. 

While Between 2 Strangers pushed me to realize my passion towards writing, The Dawn of the Dawn made me better writer and I hope I improve lot more better with The Valiant Knight. 

This piece is going to be intense and emotional drama with no or less matured stuff. If you are allergic to tears, sadness, loneliness and emotional outbursts, I am sorry to advice you to not to read further. This will have more emotional battle than happy tears. YOU ARE BEING WARNED. 

Sit back and enjoy the trailer: 

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcTT7DOCPWM[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by deepthiya - 9 years ago
The Valiant Knight

CHAPTER 15

Wedding Special - Part 1

Arnav's bedroom...

Arnav jerked up from sound sleep as boomy resonant tones punched his senses. His brain slowly started to process the fusion of what sounded like someone blowing horn and beating up the wood drumming blood in his ears. The more he concentrated more louder they got and then felt someone vigorously shaking him up. He raised his head from the pool of pillows to see Aman neatly decked up.

Get up...Your wedding remember? He hurriedly opened the drapes off the large windows welcoming the twinkling wedding lights into the dark room.

What the hell is that noise? Arnav mumbled wrinkling his eyebrows sleepily as he checked the time.

Its called...wait Madhu aunty mentioned something..Its called Na..Nadasw...forget it I Dont remember..Typically in telugu wedding, they play this live music all day throughout the ceremonies.

Live music at 4:30AM? Are they fu*king crazy? Arnav sat with piercing ache in his head.

Who your in-laws or guys playing it?

Ignoring his sarcastic remark, Arnav threatened, Ask them to shut up before I kill everyone...

Sorry buddy, Its my Bhabhi's wedding I cant disappoint her. And be ware if she knows that you are planning to kill them, she would take similar action against you. I am sure you wanna live long life with my Bhabhi.

Wha...?

Aman interrupted...Get up..you are already late..She is all ready and waiting for Nalugu and Ma..Mangal..Dammit I got to learn telugu. These are tough..Aman whined referring to the new language that doomed in all their lives.

Now Who are hell are those new as*holes? the old ass*hole being Khushi's friend NK...His mind is not ready to miss his dearest enemy even for a moment.

Aman who was turning on the lights smirked with an instant evil plan. Since you are late, she decided to get married to either gardener or handyman of this complex. Must say they are all ready to woo her.

That did the trick and Arnav shot up from the bed. What the f*ck is she upto now?

Well apparently, she thinks that gardener got amazing smile and handyman got silky hair than any man she seen on this earth.

What? Arnav cried charging onto Aman almost pinning him down to kill.

Dont look at me like that. Thats her words and she also said that they are much more caring than you. Just few mins ago, Gardener gave her jasmine flowers and Handyman gave her screwdriver if she needs to fix anyone's screw. Aman said referring to Arnav's brain.

She better fix hers first.  Arnav turned around to leave to give Khushi some lessons.

Whoaah whoaahh you dont wanna go like this. Just then Nani entered and screamed at Arnav for being late.

What the hell is he saying Nani? Khushi is getting married to.. who are those idiots? Arnav turned to Aman.

Nalugu..and Mangal...Aman said winking at her.

Then what? You keep dreaming, someone will take her away. Nani chided looking for his new clothes she bought yesterday.

Arnav strode towards exit when Nani stopped him. If you go in this dishevelled state, she will definitely marry those old men.

They are old? Arnav's jaw dropped to the floor and soon his eyes turned red. What an insensible lady! He thought in grit.

Experienced is the right word here. You need to give better competition. Aman what is the dress code. Nani asked looking through the piles of clothes she set aside for Arnav.

Aman took out his cheat sheet of Arnav's dress codes of the day and read everyday clothes is fine, preferably bare chest if you are comfortable. These clothes must be discarded so choose accordingly.

I dont have time for this. Before Arnav could turn towards exit, Nani and Aman pushed him inside the bathroom locking him from outside. Get ready first, only then you will be allowed to see your wife.

Aman and Nani gave hi-fi to each other hearing their dear one swearing helplessly in his majestic retreat.

Stop that f*cking music...Its chopping my brains...came another loud cry from the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Khushi's bedroom...

Khushi was given one of the guest bedroom and she was ready sharply by 4AM and was told that her to-be husband has not woken up yet. It was then when she gave left right to Aman, Aman dared to wake his buddy up by opening the doors to the wedding orchestra.

Khushi sat in her room waiting looking at her hands that displayed beautiful shade of mehendi. Payal who stayed with her all the time observed her sister who looked lost and quite anxious.

Nervous? Payal asked teasingly.

Khushi nodded NO closing her hands into fists, her mind repeatedly playing his words I HATE YOU...AND I CANT WAIT TO BREAK YOU DOWN...

Payal took her hands in hers and opened her fists. Amma says darker the color, the more he would love you.

Yeah I know. Khushi smiled sadly disregarding Payal's theory.

Ek baath boloon Jiji[Shall I say something]. Hope you dont mind.

Bol. [Say] Khushi cupped her cheek and asked with smiling face.

Whatever you are doing, I know you are doing it for me. This lifetime will not be enough for me to repay for your sacrifice.

Payal?

Jiji, please let me finish. Remember what you said when Papa died.

Khushi nodded remembering the only man who gave positive vibes and tried all his best to take off the bitterness from her life.

You promised me that you would guard me as good as Papa did. If Papa was alive, I dont think he would have done what you did and doing for me. Payal broke into silent tears.

Khushi hugged her baby sister. Words failed to console the sisters.

I am sorry Jiji. I am sorry for ruining the perfect world you laid for our family.

Khushi took moment to contain her emotions...It was not your fault. You are not the reason why I am here and why I am marrying him. Its meant to happen and its happening. Dont I always say we cannot control our own destiny.

But you got a choice here Jji. You dont have to do what you dont wanna do.

I wish..Khushi said to herself. Ofcourse Payal which is why I opt for this choice. Believe me, this is the best decision for bringing our lives back to track.

I hope so. Payal said guiltily.

Payal, whatever happened that was not in your control. But that doesnt mean that we sit quietly and accept without giving our best shot to fight the circumstances.  Please tell me who is behind all this.

Royally ignoring her question, Jiji, as much as I hate the fact that you took this decision because of me, I am more happy with your choice. He is different Di. Not like the skin suckers you have encountered, nor like the sugar-coated high society wolves I have seen. I have seen men who talk sweet but very hollow. I feel he could be trusted and given a chance if YOU THINK HE DESERVES YOU. Payal walked away leaving Khushi alone to think.

A sky with mountain ego and an earth with boundless insecurities can never meet Payal. You are too young to understand this. Khushi thought looking at her mehendi clad hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arnav's bedroom...

Aman shut up..Dont irritate him any more. Nani tried to calm agitated Arnav as he was hell bent to meet Khushi right at that moment. Aman is just pulling your leg..Khushi is not doing any such thing.

Immediately landed a hard knuckle punch in Aman's abdomen and poor soul couldnt help coughing up badly. Nani before we speak a word, I want that crazy horns to be shut right now.

Beta, its part of their culture. Please understand.

NOO..How does people marry in such noisy surroundings...

Humans generally do Arnie..I understand you are not one of those but seriously I mean you have to..Aman said sardonically but soon interrupted by Arnav.

Knock it OFFF Aman. He roared totally pissed.

Uff shut up you both...Beta listen, this means alot to Madhumatiji. Her husband wanted Khushi to get married in telugu style.

Ofcourse I will marry her Nani following their rituals but not with these midnight hungama.

Aman, tell Madhumatiji that marriage is cancelled. Nani feigned distress and Aman our super actor headed to the door.

You are impossible Nani. Arnav threw his hands in the air giving up in frustration and Aman with his hands on the door knob threatened to oblige Nani if Arnav doesnt bend his ways.

Its all very strange and I understand you dont like such chaos. But for today just let it go. Madhumatiji will be very upset if anything goes out of the norm, and if Madhumatiji is upset Khushi will be as well..I am sure you dont want to upset Khushi.

Arnav nodded in disbelief at the way his nani taking her side brutally needling him with emotional atyachaar. What have I signed up for!!!! He swore under his breath and he heard the perfect answer...

KHUSHI!...Nani said with a smile answering his silent question. Khushi is waiting for YOU and only for YOU for the last 45mins...

His face looked at her in surprise, his eyes softened and his jaw relaxed with that thought of Khushi waiting for him. Without saying another word, He strode to exit, neatly dressed per the requirement.

As the Arnav's bed room doors opened to the living room, he was shocked to see the whole house fogged in the cool breeze wafting the divine smell towards him..the strong savour of incense similar to one you find in temples...That reminded him the first temple that ever attracted him...Tirupati...

As his nostrils savoured their newly found love, his eyes popped open to witness the entire city of ladies and men assembled in his modern contemporary sleek living room that looked nothing short of fish market. And he was astonished to see more entering his house with each passing second. That led his gaze towards the house entrance decorated with plaintain trees on either side of the 20"feet majestic teak door, along with festoons, mango leaves, and screw-pine petals that never fade, reminding her words Thoranam. That caught his attention of people entering the house taking big leaps and he lowered his gaze to the floor that proudly flaunted the intricate design of colors also called as Muggu in telugu (aka Rangoli).

Beautiful isnt it? Bhabhi did it...It took hell lot of time..I think it was around 2 by the time she was done. Aman informed.

Arnav's head shot back to Aman totally flabbergasted. She didnt sleep...was his first thought...Arnav deduced clenching his jaw in an unknown emotion. Concern..again the fact that is miles away from his smart brain.

As Nani and Aman led Arnav, he mentally closed his ears from listening to south-indian classical instruments Nadaswaram (similar to Shehnai) and Thavil (barrel shaped drum) played by 4 men dressed in south indian attire.. dhotis... sitting in the corner of his humongous living room, exactly where his heart thumping expensive home theatre McIntosh once used to be. The sound of the instruments resonated across each item and being present in the living room awakening something in oneself. As each second passed, and note changed, the fusion became too addictive to turn his ears away. Thats exactly happened to Arnav and his ears got tuned by the time he crossed the men.

Nani greeted guests along the way and the ladies couldnt help gape at the groom walking with straight face making his way through the crowd. He followed Nani through the empty hallway towards the loft...Assuming that Khushi is already at the designated place, he failed to see the bedroom on his left that was wide open giving complete view of his bride. Taking quick strides, he reached the loft to find few ladies in pairs pounding the turmeric roots in large stone grinders to reduce it to powder. Then he spotted Payal, Madhumati, NK, and few more ladies. But she was not there and no where to be seen.

His eyes impatienly searched for hers when Madhumati approached with smile...Aao beta jaldi karo [Come son make it fast]..She gestured him to sit on the low stool that were placed infront of priest.

Where is Khushi? Arnav asked in an impatient tone.

Madhumati smiled, She will be here in a min. Payal, go get her.

Per Priest instruction, Arnav took his seat such way that Khushi will take the one on his right.

An idle mind is the devil's workshop...The turmoil of inexplicable emotions began while one part of him wanted to see her, the other part wanted to loathe her for her hatred and opinions of him...After battle of few seconds, the hatred won reminding him her words I HATE YOU MR. ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA... He has very long connection with that word, the very first word taught by his unknown mother whom he had never seen in his life...He hated the word so much so that he embraced it with all his being refraining himself to like or love anything in this world. With that he adorned a blank expressionless face stiffening his jaw...the face of typical ASR...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jiji..He is here..Ready? Payal asked adjusting Khushi's pallu.

Khushi nodded and looked herself one final time in the mirror, not that she dressed like bride but she wanted to see how her life is going to change drastically in moments. Soon her simple neck will be strangled with license, a certification that must accompany a married woman. She never hated herself as much as she is now. A blunder that costed her whole life of independence, self esteem and will be tagged with the man who loathes her.

Its time Jiji...Payal goaded her.

Khushi followed Payal to the loft and found several women seated far with NK, Nani, and Aman listening keenly to Bua explaining something. She looked everywhere except the pair of eyes already rooted to her. Nope not to prove any point, but it took her whole night to come out of those raged eyes and his brutal words. And she knew for unknown reasons she would be massively tormented if she sees the same rage again in his eyes. She decided to do her part whatever she is supposed to do to get over this. She nerved herself and sat next to him quietly.

Arnav was listening to Bua who was explaining that they combined two rituals into one..which is when Khushi walked into the space. His eyes lingered around her face for a brief moment and shifted away with her hateful words still lingering in his mind.

Khushi is no less..She looked at everyone one by one adorning plastic smile. Dressed in yellow chiffon saree, her hair secured tightly at her nape, wearing a simple earring studs coupled with gold chain that ended at her collarbone, she looked at every damn human in that room including NK but him...just not him...

Madhumati leaned to Arnav and said, Beta, We will be doing Nalugu now which is called Making Bride & Bridegroom Ceremony similar to Haldi. The married woman will apply oil and haldi that they are grinding now and then bless you both taking aarthi at the end.  

Amma, where are the betel nuts? Priest interrupted Madhumati...

Madhumati pointed it & got back to conversation and before she could proceed Priest called her again...

Khushi tell him about the vest beta...With that Madhumati rushed to the priest to join Nani to help while Payal, NK, and Aman stood far watching & hearing the proceedings.

She didnt respond. She didnt care. He is grown enough to understand what is happening around..She thought...little did she know that it is the first marriage he is ever attending in his life.

Arnav didnt bother and sat least interested losing his patience rapidly. The fact that she didnt speak or look at him irked him even more.

If Arnav is born with the hate and moulded himself to embrace the hatred, Khushi pretty much all her childhood until she hit her teens was raised with the hatred. Unlike Arnav she couldnt mould herself and till date anyone hating her scares her bringing back her bitter memories with her father. A man who planted startling insecurities in her life which took her several years to let go putting up a strong woman facade for all these years to not to allow anyone getting close to her emotionally. But her every rule, principle and conviction is now massively disturbed by Arnav Singh Raizada, and the words he said last night brought nothing but misery of her own life, the words she heard 18years ago repeated...She sat silent lost like a little child in an unknown place in her own little treacherous world.

Madhumati brought 2 small kids and introduced them Khushi and Arnav saying that little boy will accompany Arnav and little girl will accompany Khushi and informed Arnav that it is part of the custom. And then the kids took their respective places.

A lady came forward to smear oil on Khushi when she rejected. Arnav turned to Khushi with shocked expression when she called Madhumati.

I told you that you should be the one doing it first right? Khushi chided her Bua.

Beta I cant do it. You should understand I am..

Widow? So what? Physically but mentally he is still alive with you right. And you are not widow of emotions..

Arnav was totally blown away, his anger thrown out into the darkness. It may look like her arrogance, ego, or obnoxious attitude but the fact is she stands up for her people no matter where and what she is going through. The respect for her grew to mountain levels and he couldnt help praise her mentally.

Khushi..I ca..Buaji looked at Arnav uncomfortably and Khushi understood her Bua's resistance thinking if his family may not like it..

And before Khushi could turn to him and ask do you mind..as if he understood her Bua's hesitation, he stood up for Khushi..Khushi is right...I dont care and neither should you. He felt quite ashamed that he couldnt say the same thing for Nani. But being better late than never, he asked Madhumati to call Nani and insisted they should be the first ones to start.

As Madhumati turned to call Nani, Khushi mouthed Thank You..

He acknowledged with tight nod and afterthought, he added, She is lucky to have you as her daughter.

Not everyone thinks like that. She spat looking away hurt.

He understood she is upset with him more than being angry. Her tone didnt sound any where like being angry but very mellowed down, as if lost in the battle. That didnt quite please him and he felt disturbed.

Nani joined Madhumati and followed what she did. With their eyes rimmed with tears, the ladies firstly put kumkum between their eyebrows and dipped both their hands in warm oil, and smeared it on bride and groom's head, cheeks, arms, back of the palms, and feet. Arnav initially jerked resisting with the use of oil but his thoughts about her soon made him ignorant of whats happening as he deeply immersed himself with her concern.

And the old ladies repeated the same to the kids as well...And followed line of ladies to do the same..With the way Arnav scowled at Nani for smearing big blobs of turmeric paste, Nani insisted Aman to stand by him and tell every lady to smear just little...But ladies..dil to bacha hain jii...They couldnt help giving him massage here and there...Aman's sadistic soul felt content as his buddy is being tortured. Standing near by them also helped Aman notice the discomfort rapidly rooting up in Arnav and he knew exactly the reason.

He walked towards Khushi and leaned over to the side away from Arnav and whispered to her, Bhabhi I dont know if this helps the situation any bit, this is the first wedding Arnie is attending.

Khushi's face shot towards Aman and she looked at him shocked...Aman nodded positive and further added He had never been to one..He pursed his lips little sadly...But he doesnt need to tell what she needs to do. She is smart enough to know her actions and he saw her already working on it with the way she gaped at Arnav who scrunched his nose irritated and in discomfort. She quickly turned to Aman and asked Why to which he smiled and responded, he is your man for those answers.

Khushi looked back at Arnav and he looked like a lost child for sure. She pitied him and the way he moved his head resisting the smears brought smile on her lips, but what could be the reason...May be he is not social but that cant be true..Atleast as a kid, he must have gone to one wedding. Her mind tried to come up with reasons but failed in attempt to deduce Why he is such a big question mark? Her eyes fell on the women who were literally pouring the paste on his arms...and she couldnt control her temper..Cant they get it if person is enjoying or resisting?

Arnav tried everything he could to express that he is hating it..Aman squeezing his shoulders to control his temper and Nani sighing with her pleas...He shut his temper not because of their pleas but for her who is sitting quietly beside him. He didnt wanted to worsen Khushi's mood anywhere, still thinking about her last statement that said alot about her hurt... But It was getting too much to handle when he heard her call Bua and said...

Bua, I think we should proceed to aarthi...Its getting uncomfortable with the paste..Please...

He felt blessed as the ladies approached and took aarthi of both of them while priest chanted vedic mantras to ward off the evil eyes...

Arnav contained his smile and turned to his right and looked at her but she kept her eyes lowered. She looked like a doll made of fresh yellow color playdough...Khushi...He called her but she didnt turn to look at him.

Before he could goad her, Madhumati came to Arnav where Aman, NK, Devyaniji assembled and said, Beta your nani will take you to Mangal Snanam which means Ceremonial bath...

Bath? No no no I think I can handle it...

I know but this is different...Priest will recite five vedic mantras to sanctify bride and groom in preparation for the subsequent stages of the marriage..

No no..I dont think its good idea..Nani NOO...He shook his head in refusal.

Then came her explanation in her soft tone as if understanding his hesitation, They will just need to pour pots of water over you to wash off this turmeric..You dont have..you..you you just need to sit in the same attire...When priests recital is done, You can then carry on with your regular shower...

Nani gave proud look to Madhumati reminding her that only Khushi can handle him and it just proved right as he agreed to it.

While Khushi was led by Payal and few ladies, Arnav followed them along with Nani, NK, and Aman.

Nani I need to speak to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 2 Next Post

Edited by deepthiya - 10 years ago
The Valiant Knight

CHAPTER 15

Wedding Special - Part 2

While Khushi was led by Payal and few ladies, Arnav followed them along with Nani, NK, and Aman.

Nani I need to speak to her.

Speak..who is stopping you.was Nani's snide remark..

In private..

Now?

Yes...

You will have all night boyfriend..No time now..

Nani NOW...Do something.

You are going to give me heart attack one day..Nani shook her head in disbelief and tried to match upto the ladies accompanying Khushi..She conveniently convinced them that she needs their help at the altar leaving Payal with Khushi.

The ladies along with Nani walked towards living room but not before Nani winked at smirking Arnav. It was not hard to manage Payal..The moment Arnav walked towards Khushi's room at the base of the loft, Payal stepped out saying Madhumati is calling and the other 2 men took charge of gate keeping.

Khushi walked towards her bathroom assuming that it was Payal behind her. Arnav locked the door and in a spur grabbed her hand and cornered her. She couldnt fathom what happened with the way she was twirled and dragged to the corner away from all the open windows.

Standing in his favorite position with his hand on her elbow, other hand against the wall, he waited for her to grasp and come to senses. And when she came, she turned rage..

What are you doing? Go from here..She tried to fight him pushing him away using her arms but she averted her eyes without looking at him.

Look at me Khushi...

She turned her eyes away determinedly as she didnt want look at those eyes which hated her.

Look at me NOW before I do something ...

She didnt budge, she had her eyes glued to his neck and in rage and inner turmoil, her mind refused to register what exactly her eyes are looking..The Taveez...which always remained hidden behind his business attire is now visible for the first time resting at the base of his throat.

He twisted her hands behind her back and pulled her flush to him...

Khushi...

She looked away angrily...

Why are you upset? His voice softened in concern.

She pursed her lips tight controlling her urge to share whats bothering her.

Look, if you think I...

Why is it always about you..you..and only you? Dont I have anything else to think or do other than you? Dont I have a life?

Khushi, I dont like the tone you are using here.

I can do worse than this Mr. Raizada and I have used it before...I had raised my voice lot worse than this to say that I dont need to be hated, I dont deserve to be hated...Suddenly every emotion changed, his enraged eyes turned confused and he looked at her concernedly as she continued...I have and had seen many people in my life who hates me..You are not the only one who hates me for me to feel bad about it...Do you hear that? It doesnt make any difference if people hate or love me...She trembled tremendously with mental anguish and he held onto her strongly...My father hated me because I am fair and my nose is sharp...can you believe how stupid the reason is to kill the innocence of small child...he thought my mother slept with someone resulting me with traits that dont exist in his family...He hated me so much that he decided to sell me for 1000 rupees..My life was worth bloody 1000 rupees and nothing else...Bloody life which gave nothing... She finally shared the painful story of hers to the to-be-first and to-be-last man in her life. The past that no one but her Bua, and her mother knew... He unleashed her hands to embrace her but She pushed him and walked away maintaining distance from him. And she angrily clumsily wiped turmeric off of her cheeks using the back of her palms but not a single tear shed...

He tried to reach her but she took step away refusing him.

The lady who portrayed herself no less than a lioness giving him a run for his money, fighting strong & relentlessly for her family stood infront of him vulnerable, tormented and exhausted with life...His hand retreated disheartened and walked to the door quite shocked to know who real Khushi is and what made her what she is today.

He stopped at his tracks before opening the door and spoke without looking at her...

Sorry...Came his guilt filled words.

Her eyes rounded and she snapped to him instantly...which is when he met her eyes and said apologetically, Really Sorry...

And he walked away without waiting for her response leaving her flabbergasted...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arnav and Khushi were given ceremonial bath in holy water mixed with scented oils and flower petals in their respective rooms but each occupied with thoughts about their counterpart. While Khushi started to glow with unknown happiness, Arnav grew extremely silent and co-operative without cribbing; the reason being she lingering in his thoughts making him oblivious of surroundings and happenings.

After ceremonial bath, Khushi adorned in new clothes, simple jewellery and flowers in her hair with Kalyana Tilakam between her eyebrows in place of bindi...Kalayana Tilakam is an exclusive design drawn using red tilakam (liquid sindoor) without which a bride is not a bride and a groom is not a groom.

With that Khushi has officially become the Bride of Arnav Singh Raizada.

Madhumati and Nani asked Khushi to first receive gifts from the elders and distribute tamboolam (which is betel leaves, betel nuts, fruits, flowers & a coin) to the married women as they bless her.

When Nani gifted her exotic heavily priced jewellery, Khushi refused but she had no reason to back it up. She felt guilty for being in that state to enter into this false relation deceiving the wonderful lady. Just for this day..Khushi reluctantly accepted her gifts promising herself to return it when she leaves this house.

From the moment Payal drew Kalyana Tilakam, Khushi turned restless worrying that he is not aware of this and might totally throw his mood off. She contemplated to call him many times but one led to the other and she was held up with the ladies.

Finally gathering her wits, remembering what Aman said about Arnav's ignorance about weddings, Khushi called him from Payal's phone.

Aman and NK had loads of fun fountaining water on Arnav in the name of ceremonial bath. The men were spared as his mind was not with him..Ever since he came out of Khushi's room, all he could think of is Khushi and how her words and actions affected him. He also being the victim of parent's rejection, he could very well relate to what she must have gone through and that explained why she always sounded so much like him. Moments after he walked out of her room he regretted for not saying anything to console her. But he didnt know how to console and what to say. He never got affected to tears as much as he got to her unshed tears. He knew she was crying inwardly but why are there no tears. Aren't women supposed to be emotional? His mind kept reminded her making him unmindful of what Aman and NK were doing. And NK was totally surprised that the angry groom let him stay near...

Does he ever smile? NK asked Aman as they stood watching Nani with Dhoti in her hand waiting for Arnav to step out of bathroom any moment...

Ofcourse..was Aman's chuckling reply.

I wonder when?

Either when he fires or chucks people out of his life..

Out of his life matlab?

Aman traced his finger across his throat gesturing as murder...Aman's snide remark was far from understanding for NK and he ended his interrogation on ASR for good.

The moment Arnav stepped out of bathroom, Nani pounced on him to tie dhoti, which she learnt few mins ago..courtesy YOUTUBE...

The only other person who knows how to tie is NK but Aman kept him at distance learning how much Arnav is eager to kill the poor soul for reasons unknown...

While one ear concentrated on Nani's impending tantrums and the other ear turned attentive to his phone ringing on the bed..He preferred the latter and answered the call without checking the number...

Before the caller said a word...He was distracted by Nani who started wrapping Dhoti before she could forget the complicated steps...Nani...give me a break, will you..he paused...seeing Nani's pout, he mellowed down and added..after the call please.

He stepped aside taking deep breath and spoke Raizada here...

Uh..Its me! She stuttered.

Khushi? He instantly recognized her voice.

Ji! I wanted to..

Hold On...DO NOT cut the call...He rushed to where Nani, Aman, and NK were standing and commanded...Everybody out for few mins..

Nani tried to reason it out but she was cut off abruptly...Nani this is important...please...I just need 5mins ...

Khushi sat infront of the mirror for the bridal make-up as she heard his commands over phone followed by banging of the doors...

Khushi?

Ji..woh actually I ca

Tum teekh ho? was his impatient question as her painful eyes flashed before him..

Jiii? Her mouth dropped to the floor wondering if she is really speaking to ASR.

I asked if you are OK now?

Ah..Oh...yeah... yeah..yeah I am fine...She was totally taken back by his question and for a moment she didnt know what to answer...Thanks for asking..I..I called to inform you that Payal will be there in few mins to put Kalayana Tilakam...then she will tie..

Why are you doing this?

Doing what?

This call..YOU explaining everything to ME about marriage which probably means nothing to neither of us..

Woh Bua asked me inform you.

Thats the only reason you called?

Thats the only reason I called..

And there breezed an awkward silence between them, which was soon broken by Khushi to put her point across..

I am just informing you that only when you get ready in those traditional clothes and do few other rites for which Payal will be there in few mins, you will officially become groom. I dont get to decide here...The decision is yours either to follow the customs or not... were her polite words with right amount of harshness.

He remained silent, which means he better pull his guards down and take NK's help to wear Dhoti...He swore  under his breath loathing that man when she continued after pause...

There are 2 sets of sherwanis in your cupboard..He rushed to his cupboard to find 2 bags as she spoke...One Sherwani in maroon and the other in cream color...I would suggest you wear maroon one now and Make sure you keep the cream color one for the second part of the wedding..That color is must when you tie..She stopped with that and he understood her discomfort...

And the Dhoti...

The sherwanis replace that...Bua understands that you are going through culture shock...So she replaced with something easy to manage...

Bua or You?

She remained silent for a moment surprised that her efforts to lie are going in vain..Cant he just believe what I say...She thought and she stuck to her words...Bua...

But he is ASR and can easily sniff a lie...A content man with a smile on his lips...he hesitated to say something..WOH...

You are welcome..was her sharp reply..

I never said thanks...

That was for my make-up artist...She conveniently lied thinking he would buy it....I gotto go now..

Few more goody points added for being drifted towards her...her retorts & never say die attitude...Thank You for these..and Khushi that is for my invisible make-up artist... He said with teasing smile...

That curled her lips into a beautiful smile...And as she was about to hang up...she heard him call again...

Khushi...He paused to grab her attention..

Yeah?.

Your life is much more worthy than a 1000 rupee bill could be. You HAVE to take my word on that...Saying that he hung up the phone while she still clutched on it like a mad person wanting to hear it again and again. No one has ever said that to her. The most beautiful words she ever heard from a man. She smiled and then blushed and when she looked herself in the mirror all her smiles vanished reminding her that this is all temporary and there is reason why she is doing all this which she should never forget...But her mind kept asking, How could an enemy talk such positive...

As Khushi said, Payal came down to Arnav's room and with the help of Nani, she managed to convince him to wear Kalyana Tilakam (Tilak in telugu style), Kaala tika on his right cheek to ward off the evil eyes and Basikam...which is a small square golden locket tied on the foreheads of bride and groom. It is said there are many important divine veins in a human body. The most important one being in the center of forehead which holds supreme power of human soul. In order to protect this from evil eyes, this is covered with Basikam.

Thus adorning all these, Arnav Singh Raizada has officially become the Groom of Khushi.

As Payal was exiting, Adi showed up in Arnav's room scaring her to bits, which didnt go unnoticed by Arnav. Adi aware of Arnav's presence let her go giving her sly look.

Werent you supposed to be in Delhi? Arnav asked spraying perfume.

Cancelled Bhai..afterall your wedding...time to celebrate..I cant wait to see Bhabhi..

Arnav's face turned stoned and tried hard to look as normal as he could...

But Adi being Adi prodded him further, Which room is she in? Can I go meet her?

NO came his prompt command. She must be busy...Meet her when she is comes to Mandap...

Nani came to get Arnav to do next rite, when Arnav enquired about Aman to have him keep an eye on Adi, Nani informed that Aman took Anjali to introduce Khushi..

Arnav was surprised to learn that Anjali showed up for his marriage. He never hated her but always admired that woman for standing up for her rights righteously unlike her brother. Before he followed Nani, he whispered to Adi who was standing by the door...I do not want any nuisance in my wedding...

Ofcourse Bhai..was Adi's sly reply.

I am so glad that you came...Aman said taking Anjali away from the crowd.

You know why I came...

Ya Ya I know you came to meet my Bhabhi and you hate the man marrying my Bhabhi...Anjali when will all this stop..

You know my answer for that...She said tucking her hair behind her ears.

Anjali you are as important as Arnie is...While you taught me the meaning of love, he taught me the dark side of life which is one reason I appreciate every moment I am with you...I am able to see myself how lucky I am to find you after seeing how treacherous his life had been...I cant lose either of you...Baby, I want you to come back to me... for good...please...He pleaded touching his forehead with hers.

Me too Aman but I dont think I can handle seeing that man in our house, in our life or in our conversations...Until you make that decision, this is max I could give to our relation...

Aman sighed and hugged her...I am missing you so much these days..You have to come back to me soon...I wonder if there is anyone that would change your mind...

Anjali decided to attend marriage as Aman convinced her that Khushi is his friend and he would appreciate if she shows up considering it as Khushi's wedding rather than Arnav's wedding. Anjali as much as she hates ASR, she equally is compassionate and warm to any other being on earth but just not him. She is not one of those who holds someone accountable for someone else's mistakes...She is highly principled lady in that matter which is another reason ASR admires her and never messes with her...

Lets go meet your Bhabhi...Anjali tried to change the topic that has no solution..

She is getting ready...We might have to go later...You can go inside if you wish...You will like her...Aman said stepping closer.

Thats fine..I will wait for you to accom...

Aman leaned over and pressed his lips to her glossy ones..You look gorgeous...

Arnav was asked to perform Kasi Yatra which is a rite where the groom should pretend to walk away from worldly pleasures & the marriage..The bride's father or brother would try to stop the marriage pleading him to marry their daughter..

In olden days after a man is engaged, he takes up the daunting task of touring the world on foot to get himself exposed to the complications of leading a life alone. After becoming experienced, purified, and disciplined, he returns to home to be welcomed by his father-in-law to get married to his daughter...And the man who returned is considered no less than Lord Vishnu..

So after knowing the history of this rite, Mr. Aman Verma's brain lit up to rag his serious stoned heart friend...

Aman handed over an umbrella, stick, a pair of wooden slippers and asked Arnav...Here you go Buddy..Take these, and now go to Kasi...

Excuse Me?

Yepp..this is the next rite without which you are not allowed to marry.

What the F..? Arnav stopped himself as Madhumati & Nani are present. Upon Nani insistence, Madhumati tried her best to contain her laughter...I am getting married in an hour and you are asking me to go somewhere...

Yupp..Right Aunty? was Aman's question and Madhumati nodded in response..

Arnav sighed frustrated and asked keeping his temper under wraps...And where the hell is this Kasi?

It is somewhere in U.P. was Aman's quick reply.

U.P.? You want me to go to UP NOW and in those wooden slippers? The way Arnav's voice shrieked aloud, Madhumati couldnt hold anymore, ended up laughing hard.

And there landed a deadly scowl at Aman..Arnav strode to Aman and hugged him whispering..next time you pull such stunts on me, I am going to feed you to the birds you gaze by your office window..Clear?

Yes Boss...Aman chuckled thoroughly enjoying his buddy's frustration.

Reluctantly, due to Madhumati's presence, Arnav couldnt help but walking few feet to fulfill the rite for namesake...And since there is no male in Khushi's family...Aman jumped in to fulfill the formality of pleading Arnav to marry his now new found sister Khushi.

And Anjali stood far and watched the men bonding...and she would be lying if she says she didnt smile with their swears and meaningless fights...

Part 3 Next Post

The Valiant Knight

CHAPTER 15

Wedding Special - Part 3

Nani, Aman, and NK accompanied Arnav to Altar, a 2 foot elevated stage raised in the center of his gallant living room. He was stunned by details that went in, courtesy Khushi, which he failed to notice in the morning...all blame to his ears which then demanded his attention to the needling music..well not anymore..The center stage decorated in Orange and Yellow marigolds alternated with strings of jasmines looked vivacious, exuberant and not to mention extremely inviting and sensuous.

While Arnav was assisted to perform Ganesh Puja on the mandap, Khushi in her room performed Gowri pooja. The former is carried out to remove any obstacles in the rest of the ceremony, the latter is to performed to ensure an auspicious beginning of their marriage life and to change the Gothram (clan) of the bride to her Groom's. Arnav's clan being unknown, Nani requested Khushi's clan to be changed to Vishnu Gothram, which she has been following for Arnav ever since he was adopted...

By each second passed, Arnav grew impatient doing so much alone sitting on the mandap like an idiot...watched by many...Finally when he heard priest asking to bring bride, his brows relaxed and his eyes looked at the hallway in anticipation. He had fair idea that she will be accompanied by many ladies but he was confident that he will able to spot her no matter where she is. He looked around to find out why there is delay but NK and Aman were no where to be found and Nani was busy speaking to Priest.

Suddenly the pounding music paced up and a silk curtain raised infront of him held by bunch of kids on either end. He was jumbled unable to understand what was happening and saw Aman and NK carrying something in their hands. He couldnt figure out what it was but they slowly lowered it infront of Arnav on the other side of the curtain...

In Hindu Mythology, One should never give away anything without offering it in a bowl...which is why per telugu customs, a bride is brought in Bamboo basket by her maternal uncles to give her away to the groom, also means the uncles approval to the wedding.

This would have been the case had Khushi had maternal uncles...When priest asked her to bring to Mandap, Khushi decided to walk skipping this rite but NK who is very well aware of telugu customs requested Aman if he would accompany him to carry Khushi. Aman didnt delay in saying Yes. But the real problem came when Khushi refused to the offer and Aman had no choice but to lie that its Arnav's command and he would take action if she doesnt oblige. Though that solved the problem at hand, Khushi once again boiled with temper, ready for another attack at ASR.

Khushi holding the betel leaves, betel nuts, flowers, and green coconut sat in the basket and Aman and NK with permission of Madhumati carried her to the altar followed by Madhumati and Payal and several other ladies.

Arnav had no clue what was happening and he hated to be in that position for not knowing anything about it. Just then a female hand adorned with gold, red & green glass bangles, clad in intricate design of Mehendi as gorgeous as deep red setting sun, reached out towards him from underneath the curtain.

Khushi sat with her head lowered and only thought lingering in her stressed out brain...LOSS..She will be losing all her dreams, her will to do something big, her independence and mostly freedom of living as Khushi without any surname tags. Soon she will be tagged as someone else and will be referred as someone's wife and not as Khushi..That pricked her heart..Years of struggle went in the drain with her one mistake of misjudging and messing with wrong man. She agreed to everything he said but there are certain things he cannot take it away from her and that is her family..It is true that she is marrying for the photographs and this marriage meant nothing to her but it is everything for her Buaji..If not anything else, Khushi decided to give her due respect. Khushi going out of norm insisted Madhumati to do her kanyadaan which she outrightly rejected for being widow. Khushi without arguing promised her one thing, either her Bua does the Kanyadaan or she would call off the wedding..And she didnt care the consequences she will have to deal with ASR if she happened to scrap it off.

Priest called for Kanyadaan and Khushi extended her hand towards Arnav from underneath the curtain, anxiously wondering if her Bua will fulfill her request. And surprisingly, shocking everyone but Nani & Arnav in the room, Madhumati sat next to Khushi and took her hand in hers...Khushi couldnt be happier than that and her Bua kissed her cheek fondly...

As vedas are recited, Madhumati placed Khushi's hands in Arnav's hands seeking his promise of taking care of her lifelong. Madhumati broke into tears and Arnav could feel Khushi's hands trembling and her thumbs shaking against his rough ones.

Arnav felt the urge to see her as he knew how emotional this moment could be for her...He gently rubbed his thumb over hers and she instantly snuggled hers into his palm for support...He cupped her hands strongly cocooning her vulnerabilities into his skin...

It was around midnight when she was 10years old, Khushi knocked at Madhumati's door...Without any questioning, she took her in and the first thing the lady did was to feed her empty stomach which didnt eat for more than 12hours. And the thought of leaving those hands today shattered Khushi. She shivered with unknown fear, the same fear and lonelyness she felt on that night before Madhumati entered her life. Her hands trembled as insecurities engulfed her and Khushi wondered whether she will be able to survive without her, the backbone of her life who did much more than her own mother. As she was about to give up, as her hands almost slumped to the ground, a pair of strong hands lifted them holding them in place. Feeling his thumb on her thumbs, she broke down inwardly, in defeat, in exhaustion and right away sought his comfort letting herself go mutely asking him for some direction, which is when she felt her hands being cupped more firmly being assured.

Arnav was asked to place his feet in the thali and unaware of the custom, he did as he was told...Soon Bua's rough and wrinkled hands poured water on his feet and started washing...

What the hell is wrong with these people? He swore shocked with that gesture, he instantly took his feet out of thali. When Nani explained that it is part of kanyadaan in telugu custom as groom and bride are considered no less than God & Goddess on this day...his extemporary reply was...I dont care what the bloody custom says...Khushi is already mine and I dont need anyone to wash my feet and beg me to marry her...

That shocked Khushi..Aren't Men supposed to chauvinistic pigs? Her mind questioned her and she looked baffled with the way and speed this man is changing her opinion about Men. And when she saw her Buaji in tears, a content smile spread on her lips and she silently thanked him.

Arnav was then asked to hold Khushi's hand one more time and recite the following the lines...

Dharmecha, ardecha, kaamecha, tubhya prajaa sahitva darmachya pratipaadayaami...

...promising her that  By law, wealth, love, and conception he will stay by her and perform his duties. She is asked to promise as well..the first promise of intimacy between them...

And their souls bonded emotionally for eternity...

While Arnav was getting irritated wondering if this is how the entire marriage is going to be behind the screens, priest placed jeelakarra bellam (paste of cumin seeds & jaggery) plated on betel leave in their hands...which signifies the bitterness and sweetness of the marriage life.

Madhumati whispered to Arnav what he is supposed to do. At the auspicious minute, also called as Sumuhurtham...the drum beats paced up literally thumping the hearts of people and Arnav & Khushi were asked to place the paste over each other heads signifying that their lives in the form of  bitter taste of cumin seeds and the sweetness of jaggery are now not to be separated. Thus their thoughts, destinies, are completely interchanged thus making their lives inter-linked and uniting their hearts into one.

And then without giving any heads up to Arnav, the silk cloth that separated them was finally lifted off...

And every second of his wait was damn worth it...Dressed in red and gold silk saree, flowers looped artistically around her braid, wearing light makeup in pastel shade, her eyes thickly shaped with black liner balancing her lips tinged in pearl pink, his beauteous bride looked breathtaking and ravishing in sparkling golden shades of jewellery...

Arnav Singh Raizada, for the first time ever since he is born, he forgot to breathe that precise moment his eyes laid on her. With her eyes and face lowered, she sat like a glass doll which might break with his slightest move. This moment proved him wrong when he once thought she is not beautiful...

While the spectators showered turmeric rice over couple in the name of blessings, Khushi noted that he is wearing sherwani but she didnt dare to look at him. No matter how independent self made woman you are, this moment will mold you into a typical shy bride without putting any effort. Her eyelashes fluttered with teasing pricks of rice showered on her making her cheeks turn into crimson. She didnt know that she is actually blushing because of the unsullied gaze of his eyes and not the rice grains.

They were then asked to exchange garlands and she did the biggest mistake of looking into his eyes that portrayed something, something she has never seen before. There was no anger, no irritation, no mischief, no smile but they were different. She could not fathom. The more she looked, the more weaker she turned...And on the other hand, the man who always managed to read her failed to understand why those eyes are being so transparent to him awakening his inexplicable emotions.

Arnav and Khushi were then asked to change into Madhuparkalu (sacred clothes in white/cream color) to continue with the remaining rituals...

Soon after Khushi left mandap, Arnav asked NK to come along to his room and NK silently followed scared for his life.

Along with Aman and NK, Arnav was walking through the hallway towards his room when he noticed struggle behind the drapes...Arnav changed his course to check and found Adi cornering Payal  and she was soaked in tears.

Back off before I bury your skinny ass under my bathroom tiles...Arnav roared from behind, fisting his palms and stiffening his jaw in anger scowling at Adi.

Seeing Arnav, Payal ran to him and hugged his shoulders crying bitterly.

Aman was about to charge onto Adi but was stopped by Arnav. Arnav handed over Payal to Aman and said sternly with his eyes focused on Adi...Drop her near Anjali. She is more safe there. And make sure you drop a note of what her brother was trying to do with her.

Aman NO..Bhai, I was just asking how she has been. Adi tried to cover it up in fear.

Aman left taking Payal along while NK stood unable to understand what is happening. Arnav as soon as Payal left, took one powerful strode and cupped Adi's neck...I warned you not to create any nuisance didnt I?

Adi struggled to free himself while NK stood shocked and scared.

If at all, if anything at all happens to Payal whether you are or will be involved in it or not, I will hold only YOU as responsible. And I will hunt you down wherever you hide. Giving him one painful squeeze on his neck, Arnav jerked him away and Adi slumped on the floor coughing..

Boyfriend, where are you? Nani suddenly showed up after spotting NK standing by the curtains. Seeing Adi coughing, she rushed to him worriedly and when she asked, Arnav lied curtly that Adi is in rush to leave due to crisis in office. And he was trying to convince him to stay.

Adi got the warning and left the venue the next moment.

Arnav and Khushi after changed to their given clothes were escorted to the mandap. Khushi was escorted by 10 married women holding sacred rice (rice mixed with turmeric) and diyas.

Arnav saw her approaching in beautiful champagne colored silk in all her glory. He couldnt take his eyes off seeing the new side of Khushi..There is no lioness today. She was just simple beautiful bride of his...

As Khushi stepped onto altar and was about to sit next to Arnav, she almost lost her balance seeing Arnav in dhoti and almost-bare chest with silk scarf dangling from his nape to his lap. In reflex motion, Arnav firmly wrapped his fingers around her wrist to save her from fall.

And looking at her popped out eyes, the concern look in his eyes was instantly replaced by mischievous glint. She couldnt hold to his teasing smile and she looked away disturbed without looking into his eyes and that didnt settle too well with him.

You look bothered. He whispered while concentrating on what priest is asking him to do.

She remained silent as words didnt co-operate. This was the last thing she expected him to do. How could he sit so coolly, showing almost half of his body na*ed to the entire world. She lifted her eyes to see girls swooning over him, literally their eyes travelling all over his biceps and taut chest.

Fine! If thats how you wanna play silently...He warned her in low tone and spoke aloud coyly...Is there anyone here to explain...

She instantly clutched his hand to stop him and shot daggers warning him to shut his mouth...What are you doing?

The more you ignore me, the worse I get...He whispered while she looked embarrassed at the gaping eyes of the people. This should be the last time you ignored me. Next time it wont be my words that grab your attention...

Khushi looked at him fumingly If I am not mistaken Mr. Raizada, we never shared cordial relation not to ignore each other...And the basic principle of my life is to ignore obnoxious men like you who dont...who dont know how to dress to the occasion...

Arnav looked at her amused smirking on her face, leaving her baffled. She creased her forehead questioningly awaiting his explanation, Seriously? ignore those who doesnt know to dress..You are quite unreal... let me give you advice! He saw one of the ladies coming forward and taking thali (mangalasutram) to touch it to every married woman present in the hall to seek their blessings for couple. 

The moment lady walked further away he continued...and I must say quite a principle if only you could stop ignoring me and holding me like this. He pointed to her fingers that is still wrapped around his wrist. She instantly tried to take it away but he was quick enough to cup her hold and turned to meet her eyes that were focused on him from long time. His eyes softened and his lips turned into victorious smile...We can make sure not to like each other all we want but I dont think we can ignore each other..not after this...He chose his words carefully not to use hate word again.  So bottom line, whenever we come face to face I want those dark round eyes to meet mine even before they think of blinking... He tried to read if his words played any difference and they sure did. Her angry eyes turned to innocent as confusion took over her every other expression hearing his strange words and hoarse voice. And she looked away bothered to see his mischief who was so rude up until yesterday.

Bhabhi..came low whisper and she turned to her side and noticed Aman leaning between Arnav and Khushi...I am dying to introduce someone to you..Aman extended his hand and made Anjali sit on her knees. Hi...I am Anjali. She extended her hand to Khushi with warm smile...And with proud grin on his face, Aman said...She is Anjali Singh Raizada..the love of my life...

Khushi instantly turned to Arnav whose eyes were focused to his front and didnt look anyway attached to his sister. She was confused thinking if they are siblings why isnt there any connection. She was soon brought of her puzzled mind by Anjali's voice..Sorry for this lame introduction at this point...I needed to rush to ER...So ended up interrupting you...

Oh please dont say sorry...it is my pleasure meeting you Anjali. Khushi smiled shaking her hand. So..Congratulations...We will catch up sometime soon...Anjali gave her side hug upon Khushi's positive nod and left the place leaving Khushi shocked. Khushi wondered why Anjali spoke no word to Arnav and he looked not bothered as much as his sister was...

Is that your sister? Khushi asked unable to hold herself back from asking.

I am tired of sitting here and doing what I am asked to do without knowing what exactly I am doing. He snapped angrily.

You cant expect people to react to your fluctuating moods. Good words like Please may help the situation...And if asked with utmost politeness...She said with grim...Time for payback Mr. Raizada...She muttered under her breath...

Arnav Singh Raizada never pleads.

Khushi never entertains rudeness.

You better start briefing me or you know I am quite a game changer in public. He warned her cocking his eyebrows. He needed to know every detail as if he is going to war.

I swear I am going to make you pay for all this after everyone leaves...

That did the trick taking him to gutter land...That didnt sound right Khushi..He smirked devilishly.

Rolling her eyes..she shook her head giving up. Once the lady is back with those yellow cotton threads known as thalis, you will have to tie each 3 knots.

Why 3 knots?

3 knots stands for 3 aspects of commitment...Believing it (Manasa), Saying it (Vacha), Executing it (Karmana). It also represents spiritual, mental, and physical union of US... She mentally slapped herself for using US in the last part and she corrected union of bride and groom...but it was too late as his mind already started grinning slyly.

Priest asked Arnav to stand up to tie the knots and Khushi grew tensed and nervous and her mind totally shut off thinking about the final moments before she becomes someone else...16years of her life with Payal and her Bua flashed in her memory and she raised her eyes to look at the old lady standing far in tears...After many years Khushi's eyes rimmed with tears with pang in her heart and literally a man came and stood between she and her only relation Bua...

While Khushi seated, Arnav stood infront of her ready to make her his for ever. As he was handed over the thali, a lady from behind lifted Khushi's braid clearing any obstruction for Arnav to tie thali around her neck.

As he tied the first knot, the classical instruments are beaten loud and fast so as to muffle any inauspicious sounds at the critical hour and the priest chanted the defining mantra of vedic marriage...

|| mAngaLyam tantunAnEna mama jeevana hEtuna:
kanThE badhnAmi SubhagE twam jeeva Sarada: Satam ||

Meaning: This is a sacred thread, this is essential for my long life. I tie this around your neck O maiden, having many auspicious attributes, may you live happily for a hundred years.

With the second knot he tied, the whole atmosphere changed to emotional and their heartbeats beating to the beat of drums, people showering sacred rice to bless them with wordly happiness. Arnav felt content and complete man. Finally he is gifted with someone he could actually call as his..the first person he could say belong to him showing him ray of hope to dream positive...

With the third knot he tied, he noticed a single drop of tear landing on her hands. That shuddered his emotions and his whole filled with immense respect for this lady who walked into his life knowing its nothing but barren.

While to the whole world, Khushi became Khushi Singh Raizada that very moment,  Khushi unknowingly opened the doors of his heart taking its sole ownership as plain Khushi Arnav and his heart bloated in pride and inexplicable emotions.

Arnav and Khushi were made to sit infront of each other and were asked to shower each other with talambralu (raw rice mixed with saffron and turmeric) which denotes the couple's desire for happiness, enjoyment and contentment. This is the part every groom and bride enjoys but in Khushi's life, it was far from joy and for Arnav it was too childish so to everyone's surprise both didnt show much enthusiasm.

Then holding each other hand, taking seven steps around the fire, vowed and pledged that they accepted each other voluntarily and this rite is called Saptapadi.

Then Arnav adorned her maang with sindoor and remembering their similar past encounters, Khushi looked up to meet his eyes. He looked at her meaningfully and said...Those times were not in my control & happened without my aware...but this one...I am fully aware of what I am doing now on this day and I do not regret it a bit. With those Khushi couldnt keep her head straight. She understood his every word but yet so much unknown to her.

He tied black beads (nalla pusalu) around her neck, and when he was asked to make her wear toe rings, she hesitated to let him touch..thats just too private for her and she was not feeling comfortable with him touching her feet.

Ignoring her reluctance she tried to convey, he bent down and took her feet in his left hand and instantly her toes curled down reluctantly in shy. With his fingers, he smoothened her toes and his fingers couldnt help take their sweet time feeling the silky soft pads on the underside of her toes...He had to stop when she nudged him angrily with her toes and sporting mischievous smirk, he slipped in those rings gently showing mercy.

Then priest dropped gold ring in the water filled pot for them to fish..a classic wedding game to see who will dominate their marriage but in reality it is played to get them comfortable with the first touch leading path to intimacy. But little did people knew that the couple were far from intimacy, as none of them literally tried nothing to search for the ring in the water. Their hands were miles apart like their hearts..Feeling exhausted and to put end to this long list of ceremonies, Arnav took the rings out each time and Khushi was glad it ended...Game my foot..She thought and so did he.

The clock ticked noon and Arnav was too tired to do any more rite. Nani convinced him that only one ceremony is left but she failed to mention what it was. Soon the couple were led out to his massive patio by Aman, NK, Payal, Nani, Madhumati, and the priest..

The priest asked Arnav to look at the star named Arundhati in the sky. Arnav looked at the priest like he was coming from some mental asylum to spot a star in bright sky.

The priest goaded him to look at the sky...Arnav suspiciously whispered to Khushi...I think I am losing my mind with these rite? Is he serious? Do you see it?

From the moment Arnav looked at priest, she knew her eyes are in for treat...She tried hard to contain her laughter but when he asked those questions innocently, she couldnt hold herself and ended up laughing to splits.

Whats so funny?

She nodded in negative but she couldnt speak a word laughing.

Well my smarty brain..you just need to pretend..was the charming reply from Aman.

Arnav scowled at the priest and said, Pretend is the word you need to use next time. And turned to his right to see Khushi still controlling her laughter, his lips in their own volition curved up lost in her infectious smile..

Holding their tears, two old ladies smiled at the new couple. While one was happy to see him ease up, the other silently prayed seeing her daughter laugh so hard after so many years.

Thus the love story of Mr. & Mrs Arnav began with a simple innocent smile..

So Hows it?

Nishu sweety 😳

My Pooji called me SWEETY...😳 Haaww...😲 Aaj suraj kaha se nikla...anyways, i am so happy...🥳

Di...THANK YOU so much for letting me attend a Telegu wedding...hell, i've never even attend any Bengali Hindu wedding in real... but now I can proudly say that i HAVE experienced a Telegu Wedding... thanks to you Di...

once again i'm out of time and have a horribly-exhausted brain... so once again i'm present with small-mindless- blabberings... pehle se hi keh deti hoon Di, maaf kar doh...

i loved the whole update A LOT... but i gonna mention a few special moments i loved most... and i may miss some, doesnt mean i didnt like them, u know me naa, so jo naa bataoon, woh bhi samajh le naa...samjhi...

~the way Aman wake him up and teased him
~LOL to the gardener and handyman
~The way Nani asked him to respect the culture Buaji's wish, keep calm and follow the rituals
~How Payal praised Arnav to Khushi, and asked her to give him a chance
~that his eyes softened and his jaw relaxed hearing that Khushi's waiting for him
~How his eyes impatienly searched for Khushi
~Khushi and Arnav both telling Buaji to do the haldi rasam
~That he felt disturbed hearing her defeated tone
~First time Khushi saw the 'lost child' in him, which he actually is, sometimes
~Arnav controled his temper during haldi, ONLY bcoz he didnt wanna worsen her mood anymore
~Arnav's reaction when he is told about 'Mangal Snanam'
~How Nani created situation that allowed them to talk IN PRIVATE
~Their conversation, hell no, it wasnt a convo at all, even it wasnt a fight too, it was YOUR devilish plan to make me cry... Poor Khushi... 
~AND Arnav's apologised... Sorry... Really Sorry... uffo Di, kya yaad dila di...Arnav's first ever sorry... I miss my IPK
~the way NK and Aman coupled to irritate Arnav, and also performed the ritual of carrying her to altar...loved it
~and Arnav's Tum Thik Ho... u know naa, how much i love this line
~when he said "Your life is much more worthy than a 1000 rupee bill could be. You HAVE to take my word on that"
~their saying thanks to those 'Invisible Make-up Artists' 
~Arnav's confusion on 'Kasi Yatra'...LOL...its really adorable
~during the Kanyadaan, how 'He gently rubbed his thumb over hers and she instantly snuggled hers into his palm for support'
~how he refused to let Buaji wash his feet, and how Khushi thanked him in her mind
~Arnav's reaction in the moment he saw his bride, Khushi's blush
~When he wore Dhoti...OMG...he did wore that...I LOVE this man...
~and 'spiritual, mental, and physical union of US'...US...wow...
~what u said after he tied the threads on her hand, 'Khushi unknowingly opened the doors of his heart taking its sole ownership' i just loved this line, with a dammit
~his words after placing sindoor on her maang
~and the after effect of his trying to 'look at' the star...ROLF...
~last, but not the least, beginning of the love story of Mr. & Mrs Arnav with a simple innocent smile, too too AWESOME

PS: Gosh Di, u just replaces all my irritation to Anjali with this one update...if Aman loves him this much, and the principles she has in her, made me started liking her already...

PSS: loved how Arnav literally threatened Adi, and later stopped him from harassing Payal... he might not revealed Adi's real face to the family, but he once again proved that he is not gonna entertain his cheap behavior...I am proud of my Arnav...

Edited by Barun_Gf - 10 years ago
my pooji ...love u poo...u r awesome soul :)
hey deepu its me lala:)...hi baby ...oh ok coming to the crux of point i mean the update 
hats off deepu for creating beautiful ambiance of shadi ...u have written it so amazingly that it seems to me i am seeing every corner of house,drum man,trees, the mandap ...and all rest minute detail through my eyes...live
when ever u mentioned arnav's bedroom...i felt dhak dhak...romance is attach in this name ...arnav's bedroom...hehehe

loved the start the way aman tease him that was hilarious...gardener with flowers and handy man with screwdriver to screw some one brain...lol...kamal yaar...

i loved this jealous ,possessive arnav alot...although these all qualities r hidden from himself but they r very much there in him...he was craving to see khushi...manay ya nah many...his eyes r only for khushi :)

hate u and hate u words which were roaming in these two arrogant souls and haunted them in part 1 those seems  calm down in second part...all thanks to u and ur writing...otherwise i lost the hope...after seeing the anger in both of them...but as it says h.o.p.e...hold on pain ends...sooner or later things r meant to be calm down...pain will be going to finish and healing would be lovely expreience to read through ur pen :)

uff khushi past heart breaking...sold for 1000 rs...his sorry really sorry...so many things to discuss ...u have given so much in one update...i dont know how to praise u deepu...love u loads...

khushi and arnav both giving a widow respect and place thats awesome...wt a beautiful social message...its very true in mehndi and haldi functions widows r the last one or some times not at all there.. willing to apply haldi or mehndi ...very heart breaking so torturous society part ...which r b****hits...and i am proud of khushi and arnav here...even more and more...as both loved their families and also both way above these all norms

the whole ambiance...dresses...rituals...customs all r superb...i have attend first time like arnav such shadi and it will remain in my memory for ever...jab tak hay jan :)

arnav protecting payal...throwing adi out of wedding through his words...awesome...aur aman woh tu hay he hero in line :)

i loved the way payal praised arnav in front of khushi earlier ...when she was dressing up...its true wt ever he is he is open..not pretending ...much much better than many hypocrites...

aman and anjali...aman introducing her as his love of life...too good...they seems cool together...that peck on lips...hyee hyde...first kiss on TVK...my countdown starts now :)...anjali seems sensible and i am pretty sure now ...aman is going to play major rule in bringing arnav anjali close ...mayb khushi another positive feather in this hat

the way khushi guide him ...that was awesome...:)...he eager to know ...that look in my eyes always...dont ignore...wah wah arnav great yaar...:) ..best part the closing on both smiling faces...treat to read and watch through third eye :)...awesome superb,fabulous...u r amazing ,way par excellence writer deepu...hats off...

Edited by Barun_Gf - 10 years ago

Arnav-Khushi la telugu pelli adbuthumga undhi 

Enjoyed the update very much 

Anjali-Aman scene is very cute 

In future Anjali might stand as biggest support  for Arnav .

The entire marriage sequence was well scripted

Looking forward for the next update

Edited by smiley-shiney - 10 years ago
Congratz on new Thread 🥳🥳
Congrats on the new thread loved the wedding and their knock jokes and khushi being his guide during the ceremony loved that she told him part of her past because he needed to know even she have being through hell and not him alone loved his reaction to to him seeing adi trying to corner and anjali needs to know the truth about her pathetic excuse of a brother and her hate for arnav is baseless because her father did not trust her brother awesome update thanks for the pm. Edited by dumas - 10 years ago
Wow... A triple update...😃

Love u...😛

Superb updates each & every emotion could be felt to the cure...

& the last part...rofl...😆

But that was so adorable...Awww...

All in all a great update, congratulations...👏
Edited by shipra.aqua - 10 years ago