Users

Frequent Posters

star_fan1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Awesome and lovely update 
in this story Arnav and Khushi both are similar in many ways
Both are orphanage and had bitter past
Their nature talking and thinking all are similar .
Like Khushi Arnav to take care of orphan kids
Loved Arnav this soft side 
So Payal is the girl who works in AR Mumbai branch 
And she is in trouble with the same person Aman was talking
Want to see who will able save her Arnav or Khushi
precape seems they are going to meet again in next update
Eagerly waiting for next update
Plz continue it as soon as possible
sweetydoll32 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Superb updates dear plz update soon
rkapoor1382 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
tht was brilliant 
somewhere they both r connected since their childhood 
arnv got his taveez back 
loved it 
Panther007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

awsum update..loved it..

aww love the bonding of arnav nd ashu..so sweet

who is this mr raizada who faking his love for payal??

so payal is younger than khushi..love this protective nd caring side of khushi for her baby sis.

finally the taveez came back to its owner..through this taveez arshi r connected from chilhood..egarly waiting for arshi meeting..

continue soon:)
Edited by arshi_sush - 10 years ago
sb1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Fantastic yaar !!!

I hope Payal gets some sense n sees what "date" means .. or better Khushi gets to know and fights with Arnav (same family) .. war of words !!! that would be interesting !!

So looking forward to the next part :)
navjot7 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
awesome updt
arnav also visit orphanage
now khushi taveez is with arnav
i think that mr raizada is arnav brother and that girl is payal
i feel that man is not nice he is using payal
i think in future this will create problem for arshi
waiting for arshi meet
thnx for pm
updt soon
TwilightStar_JP thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
He and his big fat ego!

Uff! So now his locket is back with him? Didn't he recognize it??

Nd this is going to be fun! Khushi n Arnav same orphanage??

Lovely man!

Cheers
jisa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
awesome...!!!
w8ng for next..!!
pokemonian thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
loved it
continue soon
ToxicLove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
The Valiant Knight

CHAPTER 4

Author Notes: Why didnt Arnav recognize his taveez? Well as far as I know, most of the taveezes look alike. This statement holds true for both Arnav and Khushi. Having said that read this chapter to know more.

I am so happy that you are finding Arnav as Jerk..LOL But seriously he is just mysterious and very complicated human being to live with which you will see in upcoming chapters. Again as I said, every character in this story is extreme personalities and so his anger is above normal levels compared to others but I assure you not harmful.

Many are finding Khushi different. I started this FF with intention to bring awareness how a girl deals men at every step of her life and how tirelessly she tries to protect her wealth, which is nothing but her skin and herself. In BTS 1 I showed how Khushi got accustomed to situations and here I wanna show how Khushi will fight back despite thrown into situations.

Apart from that, I also wanted to bring the awareness of how lucky we are compared to those who counts each penny without any emotional or financial backup. How our donation of one rupee a day will bloom an orphan's life...Thats why as I mentioned in trailer, this is the lover story between 2 orphans and their insecurities.

I request each one of you to have open mind before judging any character.

I read some of you mentioning that this story is not upto the mark like Dawn. I am sorry that you didnt find this story pleasing. But no offense taken and intended, this is going to get as real as it could. This is not going to be fairytale or prince charming, pampered queen story.

Buaji, I cant wear this. Its very transparent..Everything is on display for free show...Khushi chafed at having to wear what Buaji asked her to.

Khushi, these days you are becoming very adamant. Chup chap, pehno...If you hang out with friends, you will know how the girls of your age are..They dont leave chance to show their skin and here you are trying to cover it up like senior citizen..

Bua!!!! thats the way she addresses when Khushi is angry...

No need to shout. I am right here.

Bua, you are the first mother who is asking her daughter to expose...Everything is seen and moreover I will have difficulty managing it.

Thats why I asked you to wear half-saree and dont worry I pinned it up thoroughly. Buaji smiled grabbing the keys to lock the cottage.

Khushi stood at the door without exiting and snorted her disapproval.

You look no less than an angel. Wont you listen to your Bua? Buaji cupped her cheek.

I hope this is not your usual he-is-handsome-marry-him plan to hook me up, is it?

No Nothing of that sort...Buaji chuckled locking the door.

And this is the last time I am travelling with you anywhere. Khushi said irritated adjusting her pallu to cover herself as much as she could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whats up Boyfriend ki Girlfriend? All set to pray? Aman settled down next to Nani as she raked through her handbag looking for something.

Haan bas, waiting for my boyfriend. She said with warm smile.

You blush as if he really is your boyfriend. There landed a slap on his cheek..Ouch...Why do you slap me every single day? Aman yelped in sharp burn. Waise, why dont you ditch him and elope with me?

Achaan, tell me what and all you can do for me that my boyfriend can not do.

I will take you to temples. I will take you to ladies club. I will take you to shopping and be at your service all the time. And I can smile as well...

Nani was grinning all the while with her palm under her chin but the moment he said SMILE, her face turned sad worrying about Arnav.

You are right. He does everything but just that. Why is he like that? Why cant he accept the reality and move on? She spoke sadly as tears rippled in her eyes.

Spreading his arm around her shoulders, He accepted the reality Nani which is why he is like that. He is not like people who run away from facts and try to portray themselves as happy-go-lucky type. I wonder if he will ever change. He said grabbing his coffee mug.

He will if he builds his own family, a wife who will love him without any ifs and buts, children who will shower him everything he missed.

So for that we have to force him to marry Lavanya soon. He said sipping his coffee.

Lavanya! I love that girl for putting up with him. But I wonder if she is mentally strong enough to deal him life long. Nani asked Aman for any hope.

No. She wont. She cant. Was his silent reply.

Arnav woke up in his usual grumpy mood due to disturbed sleep with his daily dose of nightmares. He came out of the bathroom and noticed kurta on the bed. He rolled his eyes, simply ignored and grabbed a plain white shirt and black jeans from his suitcase. As he started buttoning his shirt looking into the mirror, his eyes fell on the taveez and his phone rang when he was about to touch it. Ignoring it for brief moment to check the caller, he answered the phone gruffly, Yeah.. but his eyes were hooked onto the taveez giving him strange sense of familiarity.

ASR..Good Morning. A sweet lazy voice tried to distract his attention and all she got in return was his famous Hmmm.

What are you doing?

Getting ready..He said touching the taveez with his forefinger, his mind sweeping through his memories for any clue over the weird feeling he is going through.

Itni Jaldi? Oh thats right, you are taking Nani to the temple right?

Hmmm...As he held taveez between his forefinger and thumb, he felt strange rough patterns against the pad of his thumb. He twisted the square locket and tried to check what it is through the mirror.

ASR, pray for both of us that we should...

She was cut off in mid-sentence..Lavanya, talk to you later. He threw the phone onto bed and swiftly removed taveez off his neck. He flipped the locket to see its backside and there it goes...an alphabet engraved disorderedly...And that familiar alphabet is C as in Chote engraved by his own hands with a pocket knife many years back...

You havent brought anything along, except this piece of sh*t and worldly bad luck...

Those were the words he heard before losing his life on that night. Yes, this taveez was his life, was his savior, was his friend, was the only thing that his roots left for him. He painfully closed his eyes clasping the locket in his tenacious grip as his mind took him down to memory lane.

He opened it to take one more look at it and this time he found something else. A vertical line roughly pierced to the left of C and after observing it strenuously, it looked almost like K...

He pressed his forefinger between his eyebrows thinking what K means...

Kids yearn to spend one min with you and Khushi...

Khushi teaches music and dance to kids at no fee.

Di, hamare Dance teacher...

This is very special to my Di. She said this will take the pain away.

He grabbed his cellphone in a swift turn and dialed WeCare not realizing that its only 5AM and office will not be open until 8.

Throwing the phone in utter disappointment, KHUSHI...For the very first time, he took her name...aloud..loud enough for his heart, mind, and soul to hear.

Ready? Arnav breezed out of his room, strapping his watch.

What are you wearing? You should wear kurta. Nani hurriedly got up to stop him.

I am not wearing anything of that type. Lets move. He said grabbing his keys.

We are going for VIP Special Darshan and you must wear traditional. Otherwise they wont let you in.

You will see! He said walking out the door.

Nani looked at Aman helplessly. Aman smiled shrugging at her and led her to the car.

What is he wearing on his neck? Nani enquired as she stepped out.

Ashu gave him was Aman's reply letting Arnav open the door for the old lady.

Buajiii Bahut tandh lag rahi hai...[Buaji..I am feeling very cold] Khushi whined leaning her head on Madhumati shoulder.

Almost done beta... We will be done in 30mins. Madhumati spoke convincingly as they crossed the Mukhya Dwaar.  

Money speaks the status and thats exactly what happened when Arnav was not allowed to enter without proper dress code. He shelled out what he has most and instantly he was allowed without any scene making Nani upset. She thought, for once he could listen to her. As Raizadas walked towards the queue at the Mukhya Dwaar, Arnav looked surprised to see so many bald heads, kids, men, women, you name it. He leaned over to Aman and asked, What the hell is wrong with people here?

Its like offering to God, like Mundan on our side.

Why women?

Dont know, may be common here. Aman smiled thoroughly enjoying his buddy's baffled reaction.

Quite an alien world. Arnav remarked letting Nani to squeeze into the queue first.

As Raizadas merged into the queue few feet before Garba Gruham (sanctum where Balaji idol is placed), Nani smiled at the middle-aged lady standing next to her.

Sorry for barging in. Nani let out a warm smile.

No problem. Madhumati pulled Khushi in, giving space to Nani and her family.

Nani always preferred to visit any temple as common pilgrimer never misusing her status for special privileges. When she demanded the same this time, Arnav was concerned for her health and wasnt too happy with the wait times of 3-4 hours and outright rejected her demand. Being Raizada she didnt relent and so both found common ground and he convinced her that they will join queue from the entrance otherwise the visit will be cancelled. He convinced her in his own threatening way. And when he used his power to enter the temple without traditional wear, she got upset again but that soon changed the moment her eyes fell on an innocent face infront of her. You are always right! She added mentally praising her grandson.

Khushi grabbed one end of her pallu and wrapping herself in the sheer material looked into the sky, warming up her arms, while Nani stood little behind Khushi admiring her silken beauty.

Arnav checked his watch restlessly noting down almost every min closing down to 8AM..Still 2 hours away. He rolled his eyes in frustration standing behind Nani and then his eyes fell on beautiful view up in the sky.

The dark grey sky couldnt be more crystal clearer than this. Specks of silver stars decorated the sky majestically. Something that you dont find in busy cities, that mask its magnificent beauty.

As the orange hue of the majestic sun slowly lifted off the veil of silver moonlight, the golden temple shone as bright as it could while delight shone in 2 pairs of eyes...Arnav and Khushi, both drooling over the morning beams of sun, thinking about where they stand in their lives.  

Though Khushi is not too keen on worshiping, she always loved this city, this temple, the uproar of the pilgrims, the background chanting of vedic mantras, and the way fog fills as backdrop to the temple, giving its breathtaking view.

While Arnav leaned against the metal rods, thinking how that taveez reached Ashu's teacher, his eyes fell on wide open porcelain back that glowed in its youthful bloom under the first rays of sun. He gazed at the origin of sun rays, that pierced through the dome structure of temple and that fell straight on her milky back. He trailed his gaze following the rays that pricked her skin and turned away but not before giving it an intent look.

Ji, we are from hyderabad. Aur aap? Madhumati enquired Nani.

We are from Mumbai.

Mumbai? My daughter is working...

Har baath kehna zaroori hai kya...[Is it necessary to reveal everything?] Khushi whispered tugging her arm.

He could hear her murmuring something as she pulled her relative away from Nani and towards Arnav.  Just then Aman turned behind to check what the murmurs are about and was shocked to see the young lady. He swiftly turned to Arnav, who was facing his back to the ladies, Arnie, she is here.

Who? Arnav looked around.

That orange dupatta girl.

Arnav ignored and continued his thoughts on the dance teacher.

She is right behind you. Arnav stalled his thoughts and turned around with intention to teach her lesson for cussing him. All he could see was her back facing him and arguing in a whisper about something with her someone, He turned back to his position, said in least interesting way, Tho? [So?]

Aman nervously leaned over to Nani and asked, when will this damn queue move? He was tensed if another fight is going to rise.

Soon was her warm reply.

Madhumatiji, these are my 2 grandsons, Arnav, Aman...Aman and Arnav turned to the ladies and said Namaste in unison as Nani introduced. Though Aman is not her grandson, Nani always considered him as one and her family when ever she mentioned of him to her friends.

And Khushi who was not too interested in anything at the moment looked straight in exasperation at the stalled queue. In exchange of pleasantries, Madhumati started, And she is my eldest daughter...Khushi tugged Madhumati's hand gesturing not to say anything...

Noticing her princely behavior, Arnav turned away muttering ATTITUDE!

Nani smiled warmly and said, Koi baath nahi [No problem], if she doesnt like.

Maaf kijiye [Pardon me], She is very secretive and doesnt like to share anything to...

Khushi cut her off and spoke herself in defense, Sorry Ma'm. Please dont take it as offense. The problem is, my Buaji is trying to hook me up with guys these days. And since you got your sons here, I am just being careful... Madhumati squeezed her hand gesturing her to stop her banter.

Its definitely an understatement if said that the guys were shocked hearing her bold outrageous statement. While one was stunned, the other smirked.

Your daughter must be a fighter, a brave one indeed. Nani loved Khushi that very moment. She saw the boldness, courage, damn you attitude, fighting spirit in her eyes similar to that of her grandson and she purposely took step closer to Madhumati involuntarily making Khushi step back a little towards Arnav. The old lady wanted to see the height, the match and the togetherness. Just too PERFECT to her aged eyes.

So ready to marry her? Aman leaned over the metal rods and whispered to Arnav teasingly.

Arnav glowered at Aman to which, What? She is the one who put direct proposal.

Will you shut the nonsense? Arnav barked in low tone.

I strongly suggest you to take a thorough look at her. You wont get to see such beauties in cities. Arnav lifted his eyebrow as warning glance but that didnt stop Aman. Think, it would be the rebirth of love story between Beauty & The Beast...Hows interesting. Aman teased again and before Arnav could react, Nani called him to note down Madhumati's number.

Khushi never preferred anybody asking her details or family details unless necessary and the fact that her Buaji is drumming A-Z about her irked her and involuntarily she took a step back ignoring their conversation.

As Aman started writing Madhumati's number on the paper since cellphones were not allowed, the queue started to move, with three of them infront, followed by Khushi and then by Arnav.

While Arnav was engrossed thinking about the taveez and how to contact Ashu's teacher, Khushi felt restless as her fingers lingered around her neck, worrying about Payal's excitement over phone.

As they reached Bangaru Vakili (Golden doorway to reach inner sanctorum), Khushi's skirt got stuck in her broken toe nail and was about to fall flat on her face when a pair of arms held her strong from behind. One palm holding her shoulder and another arm firmly wrapped around her waist.

In the meantime, the three before them moved ahead oblivious of whats happening behind. The people behind Arnav and Khushi, walked past them and rushed inside before the golden doorway closed again and as expected the door is closed for the pilgrims inside and will be opened only when the space is cleared enough to accommodate the rest in the queue.

Than...Khushi was about to say thanks when she realized a man holding her. As her pallu slided down on her back due to her half-bent posture, exposing her snow-white skin, she imagined that the man is pulling it down and she yelled, How dare you touch me? But she couldnt move nor was able to turn around to see him as her hands were arrested in his grip.

He gritted his teeth angrily, tightened his grip on her waist and tried to straighten her up. She tried to shrug him off saying, You all men need an excuse to touch women...

That I think is true seeing you dress like watch-my-free-show...He said referring to her exposed back.

What the hell does that mean? She irked struggling to face him.

Several things, That I think otherwise unlike your street romeos, I am least interested in your free show & I saved you from fall! Was his curt reply in his defense, still holding her in place.

Free Show? What the hell? Did I ask you to save me? And if you are so courteous why dont you go and help the beggars outside who cant even walk. Take your hand right away before I...

She was about to say slap you but he cut her off in mid-sentence and said menacingly, If you insist!!! He unwrapped his arm, and removed his palm from her shoulder and there she fell flat on her face, hitting her nose hard against the intricate design on the golden step.

People in queue gasped at his atrocious behavior while she laid on the floor in shock. He ignored and looked away unaffected and slipped on his aviators to protect his eyes from scorching sun falling in his direction.

Khushi's head reeled from the sharp blow. She sat on the step, scrunching her nose, feeling the blood on her fingers. People around them gasped BLOOD, bringing his attention to her.

What a self-conceited arrogant man are you? She spat and stood up to give him left right.

I am arrogant? He was losing his patience faster than bullet train. And what an egocentric, self-centered, obnoxious woman are you who doesnt have basic manners to appreciate the help. Admit it lady. You called for it, so suit yourself was his cold reply, ignoring to look at her.

Then she saw him, the same pair of eyes behind brown lens...Much too familiar, still fresh in her mind. She took step forward and stood in front of him, I have no doubt that you are the one who burnt my dupatta. She shook her head giving him pathetic look.

He didnt hear properly what she said as his eyes were focused on the blood oozing off her nostrils. Ignoring the continuous streaming of blood through her nostrils and her forehead, she wriggled her fingers almost closer to his face, Nikal, Paisa Nikal...[Take the money out] Rs500. 250 for my dupatta and 250 for the stress I had gone through. And APOLOGIZE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guys I am sorry..I didnt mean to leave it here...I-F didnt allow me to post it beyond this...Rest of the conversation will be covered in MahaaUpdate, which is the next chapter with 3 parts and MahaaUpdate means there is a twist coming up...Stay tuned...I will post it the moment I receive all your comments...Till Then..Have great Weekend...

Edited by deepthiya - 10 years ago