Posted: 9 years ago
ok ok
me last to cmnt i think😆

read both part in one go
superb updt
kushi is past is soo sad hw can a father do like this 1000rs fro daughtr 😡
hate her father🤢😡
both r trying to build their relatioship slowly slowly😃
i love tht 2 cute kids nd their bonding with arnav nd kushi loved it😳😳 cute kidss🤗

lolz nani ne subah subah disturb kia😛😛😛 vry bad naniji abb appka arnav mried hia itni subah disturb nahi karte😆
aranv-u should use"not disturb" sign board nxt time😛

superb di👏

love u nd sorry for late cmnt ek hugg se kaam banega ka kya🤗
Trip to Hyderabad..
Waiting
Humein intezaar kitna...yeh hum nahi jaante.
Magar Ji nahi sakte...update ke bina...😳
Update coming up in an hour guys...
Originally posted by deepthiya

Yayayyy !!!

Everybody  Fully ready for the HYD trip

Wishing  all the readers an exciting Journey 

& Wishing Arnav & Khushi a  Spicy  & Tantalizing  Journey 😉
Edited by smiley-shiney - 9 years ago

in a new thread
this FF rocks❤️😎

Intezar rahega aapka or TVK ke next part ka..
intazaar nahi ho paatha hamse...mein subah comment karoongi...neend aa hrahi hei...🥱😔
The Valiant Knight

CHAPTER 22

Part 1

Author Notes: 

More Anjali scenes please..

OK The plot is mainly about Arnav and Khushi and how each character builds them and breaks them. I will bring in the characters into scene only if their presence is required as I dont want the scene to bombard with too many people swarming to fit in. But I assure you, every character in this FF is very significant, strong and they play major role.

Arnav egoistic & angered Khushi for no reason about Karan's incident

I would have agreed to this if the man in question is not Arnav. For you, me and Khushi, the issue may seem simple but we have to understand he is the man without any family, or sister to overprotect or mother to teach him the true world. He had not witnessed men misbehaving with women, he is not aware how men rub over women in public and how women strive to defend themselves. The only person he protected from mishap is Ashu, so we know his state of mind to protect the women he care especially if he thinks she is all he got. As some people feared, he is going to be very possessive lover for better or worse but he is not going to be obsessive maniac lover which scares their life partners...

Coming to his high handedness in giving his credit card - Khushi may assume it as his high handedness but the need of the hour required his presence with Karan and at the same time he is aware Khushi's financial status as she already shelled out quite a lot for the wedding. Arnav in such cases thinks lot from the mind than heart where as Khushi thought just the opposite and mistook his responsibility as high handedness. Arnav knows how to handle her tenderly when it comes to physical quotient but he still got long way to go with emotions...like complimenting her, being more vocal about his emotions, which is where Khushi comes into picture to tell him what she exactly expects in this relation..And so she ended up demanding his presence if she needs to use his money...And I dont see ego issues here..It was a way to understanding and setting expectations in the relationship. 

And I strongly believe that a relation will never flourish without ego issues, as long as they bloat their ego at different issues each time, its all healthy and spicy.

Arnav should have listened to Karan...

OK this part I want you to put yourself in the shoes of Khushi. If you get teased by someone outside your family, the first thing your brother or father do is to slap the shit out of that rogue. They dont stand there and wait for the man to give explanations and certainly they dont ask "Who sent you to tease my child/sister"...Thats exactly how Arnav responded like any normal man would do...Its all in the state of the mind in that situation.

How come Khushi didnt ask where Arnav went...

I wrote small para about Nani and Khushi discussing about the small rite to be performed in the Hyderabad, which implicitly explains that Khushi and Arnav had discussion about their forthcoming trip and I just chose not to write it in details..to give work to your tired minds..LOL 

Khushi..when she looked up to meet his eyes, Arnav announced, your father was found dead at Juhu beach.

Her brows constricted for a fraction of second in disbelief before she continued tending his palm going all silent suddenly as if nothing changed and everything is perfect in her world. Arnav took the warm cloth from her hands and held her palms assuringly. You can talk to me.

She locked her eyes on his palms for a moment and taking deep breath, I am feeling very hungry, Shall we eat? She brushed away the topic leaving no room for further discussion.

Arnav started to realize how much Khushi buried her ownself much more deeper than he imagined. Steering away from the painful discussions is one of the significant element of how Arnav dealt his life and he saw the same strain in her that moment.

She turned painfully silent with her eyes constantly focused on her hands all the while eating, cleaning up the kitchen, and washing her hands. Never once she looked up nor she uttered a word. She turned too mechanical for her gutsy attitude worrying Arnav. Arnav paced across the living room keeping constant glance at her but giving her the space she needed.

As she stepped out the kitchen with water bottles for the night, he held her wrist and enquired, Is there anything I could do to m...

I need to be alone. She said giving cold shoulder almost at the edge of losing herself.

Khushi..He tried to grab her hands...but she stepped back averting his eyes and refusing his touch...Please...escaped her strained throat.

He took deep breath giving in, I will be in guest bedroom if you change your mind. He reluctantly left her hands with his forefinger and thumb holding onto her fingers like last thread of his life. He was worried and felt severe pang in his heart unable to let her go through this all by herself.

She nodded and closed the door behind her shutting him off from her world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Khushi sat on the bed with her knees drawn to her chest and her arms wrapped around them. The dark room with no lights ON flashed the memories of her past reminding her 4X4 bedroom she led most of her childhood scared of her father.

Some people enjoy punishing others while some entertain abusers taking in everything that life throws at them. While few retaliate, many bear the abuse with tight-lipped. Khushi fell under the latter category all the while she was under the shadow of her father. She hardly spoke in her childhood or should say her verbal word count never crossed single digit in a day. If there is anything her father taught her, that is to give herself silent treatment punishing her own thoughts, burying them, and running away from them. Her mother never let her open her mouth to complain freely and so her pain never crossed the thin line of her lips and the gateway of her eyes, which is why Khushi doesnt know to cry nor express her pain.

Amma, I dont like this Baba. Please get me another Baba...

You shouldnt say like that beta..He loves us alot. Its just he gets angry sometimes when we do mistakes.

What did you say? You want another Baba. Tell me truth, whose piece of sh*t does she belong to?

Mother plays very important role in a child's life more than a father. While father tries to save the child from the rest of the world, mother instincts always strive to protect the child starting at her own bedroom door and sometimes from the father of the child itself.

There were innumerable number of times Khushi questioned herself why her mother never made an attempt to save her. Is faking a happily married status so important than saving her own child. She never understood the logic and probably never will. She questioned herself once again recalling the moments her mother abandoned Khushi to her destiny.  

Shut her mouth before I burn another...Shashi Gupta a monster in the form of human yelled at the mother daughter.

Her mother clamped the rough palm on the little one's tiny mouth suppressing the cries so that the neighbors dont hear the reality of Guptas. Baby Khushi whimpered into her mother's palm frantically holding her chubby thigh that just severed a cigarette burn.

Khushi felt a jolt of shiver as she traced her fingers on the first burn of her life that occurred at her age of 5. By age 10, the number of burns on her skin were much more than her age at the time.

I dont want to burn this pretty face incase I need to sell it was her father's words and the reason why he always targeted her legs.

Her life was confined to solitary with no friends which is one of the reasons till date she never mastered in making friends. While kids of her age played and studied, Khushi ended up helping her mom with household chores. While kids of her age bought new clothes for festivals, Khushi wore the same skirt and blouse that her mom altered year after year until a point it wore off. And when she asked for fancy stuff, her mother always used to shut her off saying, Dont ask any toys or clothes if you want your baba to love you. 

Just like her mother suggested, Khushi never wished for anything and greatly anticipated that one day her father will come and take her into arms fondly. As expected one day he took her into his arms only to say goodbye after selling her off to the old man.

Recalling that day, remembering every painful story buried behind each burn, feeling every tear sucked and unshed, Her perception of how to react to the news didnt sound rational or fair while a part of her abused heart suggested just the other way, Be Happy, Just be glad!. With her face streaked with anger, her hands shook in tremors, and her body shivered in fear, She drew her knees more closer and shivered tremendously hallucinating her father standing infront of her holding cigarette.

Please dont hurt me. I dont need anything. I wont ask anything. She mumbled rapidly, the usual chant she exercised at her earlier days. Hallucinating her father closing in, She crawled to the other end of the bed and swept her hands on the sheets searching for Arnav. While her eyes absentmindedly fixed on the dark wall, She moved too far to the edge and fell on the floor. In a fleet, she sprang her feet together and ran out of the bedroom.

Losing someone or something you care deeply about is very painful. While some grieve with cries, very few accept it with silent tears. There was no cry, no outburst nor tears streaked on Khushi's face when Arnav announced her father's death. Arnav tossed in the guest bedroom unable to sleep worrying what's going on in Khushi's mind. The way her eyes turned blank with specks of fear in them clearly showed him her confused state of mind. Her immediate stiffened stance and cold responses reminded him of himself and his behavior 5 yrs ago at the demise of his godfather Abhivanth Singh Raizada, biological father of Anjali and Adi. Everybody around expected Arnav to break down into tears at least as a way of gratitude for what the old man had done to change Arnav's life for the better. But Arnav who shared purely mechanical relation with his godfather and everyone else, was far from being attached emotionally and the tears were totally out of question.

Today he saw his own reflection in Khushi except that Khushi shut herself from her only world, him while he went back to his life the next moment functioning like nothing happened. Anxiety doesnt seem as common term that could describe Khushi but she looked like the news got control of her head and Arnav worried if she is losing herself or becoming less resilient.

Feeling restless and anxious to see her, he sat up straight wearing UGG Felt slippers as he remembered how she refused to look at him and his touch. An unpleasant thought in his mind niggled if she mistook Arnav as the person behind the death.

She better not! came his angry and curtest reply, the next moment he found the bedroom door opened with force.

Khushi? He shot up and strode towards the door where she stood in the dark.

He turned on the lights and found her shivering like dry leaf stuck in wind storm.

I..I..a..I a...

Khushi Kya hua? [Khushi, what happened?] He asked holding her arms.

Khushi repeatedly looked towards the exit, and stuttered...I..Can..I..Can I sleep he...Am..I am scared...Please....She held his hands and pleaded while her eyes constantly wandered at the hallway.

Arnav grabbed her palm and dragged her back to their bedroom while she refused mumbling He is there...He will hurt me. She repeated those words over and over making Arnav more determined to take the impending action. He will be damned if she is scared of her own bedroom. With grit determination, he decided to take her back to the room to overcome her fears as it will be now or never.

He kicked the door open and turned on all the lights along the way.

There was no one here Khushi. He held her shivering palms assuringly and walked around the room taking her along and showing her that no one is there hiding behind the curtains, under the bed or in the bathroom.

I saw him..Was her utterly defeated reply. I swear I saw him..

Shhh.. there is no one here. Its just you and me. He made her sit on the bed.

Bu..

Shhh..He sat next to her and took her into his warm embrace.. Its just Us and no one else. He calmed her cradling her neck on his chest and swayed gently. He is gone. He is never going to hurt you again.

She nodded pulling herself out of his embrace. Arnav made her drink some water while she had her eyes lowered all the time. Tucking away the loose strands behind her ear, Do you want to grab some fresh air?

She nodded No and looked for the duvet. I guess, I will sleep. She looked nervous and perplexed. She wanted to be held closely, closer to him, in his strong arms but she didnt how to seek that comfort. She didnt know how to voice what she wanted from him at that moment. She would be lying if she didnt accept that she felt much calmer in his embrace. But she just didnt know how to ask for more.

Arnav got up from her side as she struggled to pull the duvet underside of him. He watched her tucking herself under the sheets and he stood helpless unsure how to calm her. It was evident, her inner turmoil clearly showed on her face but he didnt know how to deal with the situation. He never dealt such things and he wasnt sure if any of his actions will worsen it. He watched her silently and as she closed her eyes almost squeezing the lids to shut forcibly, He turned his feet away to move from there.

Are you leaving? She asked in feeble tone. Her voice shaky filled with fear.

I dont know, YOU tell me. Was his immediate reply as he turned to look at her meaningfully into her eyes.

She nodded her head with her eyes rounded and peeking through the hem of the sheets.

Jaana Chahiye? [Should I be leaving?] He asked tilting his head in the direction of exit.

She nodded her head again but this time more frantically.

Rukhna Chahiye? [Should I be staying?] He asked suppressing his smile at the way she wobbled her head.

She nodded Yes slowly with utmost precision and next followed her infamous Please just incase he didnt get the message.

If you fear again, I will leave the room. He said in absolute no-nonsense tone. He fell for Khushi who didnt think a sec to raise her knee to knock the male of the man. And when he saw her in such vulnerable state that too for a scumbag, he couldnt relate if she is the same gutsy woman which is why he had to take that rough approach of dragging her into her fear to deal with it instead of shying away.

She nodded hesitantly and that is all was needed for him for the moment not that he was going to truly leave her if she said otherwise but he wanted to let her know what he expects of her.

He locked their door, turned the lights off and settled on his end. Few moments passed and the silence painfully drummed their ears and sleep miles away for both of them. One feeling scared remembering past and the other worrying about the person who is losing her true self. He looked to his right and noted her lying on her side facing the other way and there were no pillows erected in between which gave him new hope to reach out to her. He took a deep breath and called her.

She instantly tilted her head back questioningly. He splayed his arm out on the pillow and wriggled his fingers, Come to me.

She remained in her position too stunned to react instantly. For the first time ever, she wanted to be close to a man throwing all her inhibitions about that gender. After a moment hesitation, she turned to understand if he is being serious. She saw his arm spread out for her, his fingers barely an inch away from her shoulder and his eyes focused on her gloomy ones as serious as he could ever be. Come on...he encouraged her one more time in his determined hoarse voice.

Without a second thought, she raised on her elbow and tried to move her pillow closer to his. Thats not necessary. Came his words in absolute resolute tone and further added My shoulder is big enough to comfort you. Stupified with the real meaning behind his words, she looked up to meet his eyes that poured out all the affection she was deprived of her life until that moment.

And the next moment, she found herself creeping towards him at a crawl, at extremely slow pace rapidly raising his heartbeat. She was aware of his smoldering eyes and she promised herself not to face those on lest she burn to ashes. Downcasting her eyes, she uprooted herself on her elbow and with the other hand she scooped her untied wisps of hair onto her shoulder before she warily rested her head on his shoulder.

Arnav took a deep breath that was stalled for god knows how many secs or even mins and closed his eyes with the first contact of her face on his shoulder. The man who is used to women literally pouncing on him, felt those few secs exhilarating. There was something so exquisite yet domestic he found with the way she scooped her hair and nudged her cheek on his shoulder for better position. It was probably the first time he noted that she leaves her hair open at nights.

Her thumping heart threatening to tear her chest to reveal itself, her shoulders away from his chest, her hands tucked between her thighs, her knees bent and away from his, she lied slantingly a bit nervous, a bit shy, unsure what to do next but her mind worked its way rapidly to make her feel disgust at herself as everything slowly started to make sense.

He encircled his arm around her shoulders breaking her line of thoughts that were busy recollecting the events of last 24hrs. She stiffened in his embrace and tried to concentrate on his words.

This probably not the best time to say but I want you to know I am not behind his death.

She jerked her head up and asked narrowing her eyes, Where is this coming from?

I thought you...

That thought never crossed my mind. I know you wouldnt have done such thing.

May be I would have... some day if he were alive. I definitely would have! He turned brutally honest and she had nothing to say & she was too scared to hear the his reasons at that moment. A cold shiver ran down her spine as she felt his suppressed anger through his fingertips that sprawled on her arm and she turned away adjusting her head back to its position.

Circling his thumb on her arm, he said softly, If you need to cry, just..

He is not worth my tears..Came her cold reply even before he ended his statement and his thumb on her arm stopped for split second stunned at her response.

Ever since Khushi escaped her father's sell and entered Buaji's house, every day after day, year after year, she gathered all her strength, mental power to lay one brick at a time and built herself strong and shielded herself from the thornful knives life threw at her. The reality of yesterday events dawned to her and she felt disgusted at her ownself for becoming fearful and vulnerable Khushi after so many years. All these years of her hard work to become strong woman suddenly seemed wasted. She hated that moment for reacting that way.

Then what is it bothering you? He chinned-down his head to take a better look at her.

How did he die?

You dont want to know.

I do. I insist.

Strangled!

The news didnt affect as much as he thought it would, probably she had expected that with the kind of man her father was. She took a deep breath and inched her chin to meet his questioning gaze, I am right now feeling disgusted for reacting that way infront of him. I feel disgusted for allowing myself to get terrified of him. And I feel even more disgusted that this all ended before I could slap him.

She has become a very intricate puzzle of his life, he concluded that moment. There was absolutely no attachment or compassion in her eyes for her father. Her words explained the hatred for the man. He had no words to make her feel better about it. Certain actions will be justified to their souls only if they were carried out by themselves. He could have said he punched the rogue on her behalf but that doesnt justify the pain she had gone through.  

With his other hand, he slide down his fingers on her arm and pulled her hand out that she locked between her thighs. Taking her trembling palm into his hand, he splayed it on his chest and then he covered her palm with his assuringly.

She squeezed her eyes tightly and bunched his tee tenaciously as her early 10years of life tormented her and made her feel guilty that she couldnt do anything but fear once again. She felt the tremors of disgust run all over her.

Then it happened as if he understood the pain of her every nerve going through, A gentle tap on her hand on his chest, a breezy caress on her shoulder, a pampering kiss on her forehead, and a soothing lullaby whisper Sleep with free mind, that chapter of your life has been closed for good...

Her fingers sprawled on his heart, her brows softened in peace, and her face snuggled closer to his chin and in no time, Khushi was taken into eternal blissful slumber.

His arm wrapped around her shoulders protecting her from every evil force, his fingers gently tapping her palm on his heart putting her to peaceful sleep, his face tilted slightly with his lips caressing her forehead persistently and assuringly, Arnav soon followed his wife to heavenly slumber.

Part 2 Next Post

Edited by deepthiya - 9 years ago