Arshi FF: The Valiant Knight - Thread 8 - Completed - Note on Page 142 - Page 73

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

luvraj4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
God!!!! That was such a painful update. ..I can't even imagine the pain khushi must be going through. ...
she is refusing to accept the baby which is kind of understandable at the moment. .but I hope she realises that the child is innocent and hers...
continue soon
abhinavasen thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I think this will be end of TVK1... 
Season 2 is getting ready..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: abhinavasen

I think this will be end of TVK1... 

Season 2 is getting ready..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Wow Abhi, this is a totally new idea. Now I am worried more.πŸ˜’
Srilathalolla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: canapoem

Wow Abhi, this is a totally new idea. Now I am worried more.πŸ˜’

Yaar no tragic ending yaar please it is a request. Asli zindagime kya tragedy come hain ki FF mein bhi tragedy 
canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Srilathalolla

Yaar no tragic ending yaar please it is a request. Asli zindagime kya tragedy come hain ki FF mein bhi tragedy 

Latha, I agree with you 100% on this thought!!!
arnavini thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
My previous comment on chap 42
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4056295?pn=72

My comment on chap 43

Do god exist??? If yes then it might be in place very close to ur heart ... so pure and serene.

Dii... u are a special creation of god , made by him in plenty of time with all humanity nd senses and all what can make a human in real sense a human...

dii... if I say nothing can be in present and nothing could be in future be like you then  I really mean it..

dii .. its not that the story which is now connecting me with you but the life that m learning being in ur shade .

if life is good to me then the reason is you being in my life..

I am lucky to gt a chance to read a writer like you... not evn a writer but  more personally , a person like you... no comparison ... no duplicates... No clone... no replica... just one in herself..

If Arnav and Khushi are two souls of TVk .. you are one for me... My Arnav and My khushi

Dii... I love you... muhh ... u are a sweet angel came in our lives and enlightened us with humanity and joy of living...

Dii for you:

Rab ka gar karu shukrana tho kam lagta hai

Jo dia usne mujhe  sab aage uske kam lagta hai

Dua hue mere manzoor ya koi khwab dekha hai

Mile aap haqiqat mei ya raat ka ab tak saaya hai

Nahe mei kehte jo dekha ye maine ek khwab hai

Hai ye haqiqat jisme aapka faila ye ujala hai

Ye naye roshni bhe dete ek ab naya ehsaas hai

Aapke aane se jaise mila naya naya saara jaha hai

Now about the update:

Wat m about to say... for this update .. an intense one.. a wonderful.. painful.. wrenching heart one... words are failing to describe the beauty of this update...

It may have given me  and many others tears in bulk.. bt ..i trust u that the path which contain more thorns , have a more beautiful destiny than expected. And I know that how much they suffer ,more happiness will dey see in their future.

Dii.. as always my repetitive statement .. how you pen it.. it was not easy for us to read then how u alone manage to write such flow of emotions that too in such an intense way. Hats off.. for every emotion .. every word.. evry phase.. evry pain.. evry tear.. evry feeling u gave us with this story..

I was expecting that it was  wrong time that the truth is revealed .. and my fear comes true.. khushi is in labour .. may be it was her time but still the way she is suffering was not one should suffer in labour.

The pain is sweet ,to hear a new cry adding in life.. but for me it was the defeat, as I lost the one to be mine, the cry was to be part of his seed in me, but I failed to give him , my first, I lost to be his forever, the cry may be sweet to others but pricking me every breathe I take...

It was one of the chapters, where it was hard to read .. as I always fall weak when it comes to tears in arshi's eyes.. I fail to judge who is right .. only matters to me is that it is hard to read the pain...

Arnav , a man more stronger than anything ... is today as I read was the weakest man... in front of the lady who was broken... bt still manged to see the worst she went in past...

Arnav can fight with the world , bt only if she is there to hold him stronger and stand by his side .. and don't let on herself...

Dii every piece of this update was just fabulous...

Khushi even she was falling weak but she know if she once fall in his embrace with tears he will be broken and will never let her see the cruel past.. and to see and overcome the past she needs to be stubborn and she know that he will give up to her every plea and stubbornness... evn it may kill him thousand death... had se jyada chaahat bhe kharab kar jate hai... and arnav is paying for the intense and over the limit love for his lady..

And more over that Khushi is now going to show her intense love for the man.. beside whom is nothing for her.. reading every character made us cry out to this extent.. than what will be our condition wen we will read about Khushi ... m scared.. coz.. Jakhmi sherni jyada tez vaar karte hai.. and Khushi is a wounded lioness... she can go to any extent..hope the child is saved...

What happened to your promises that you will protect me? Where did you go that night without taking me along? Without arranging men around me to protect me? How could you disappear leaving me all by myself without saying a word to me?  or Calling me? Where the hell were you?

This is how her hopes broke.. wen she trusted him that he will protect her... a single blink of eye destroyed her whole life.. is it wrong to trust someone to this extent??? Is it wrong to keep hopes with the man whom you want to be your life??? Is it wrong to expect from the man who give you the believe to trust him..??? where was he wrong?? where was she wrong???  Is loving and trusting and ur man wrong?? I am failing in words to say.. wat I feel bt yes it hard that wen the hopes break and the promises made a person who says to stand by ur side... nothing is left after that... these lines  were just more than what I can read...

What part of me are you not understanding here? Did I ask your justification on why you walked away from that door that night? Is that how I sounded right now? If you think yes, I am sorry to say that I am disgusted with your opinion about me. I should be called as an inglorious fool if I even raise a single question knowing how reacted at that door.  

Arnav is clarifying that he misunderstood her ...bt she is not discussing about it , but the fact that why he left her alone that night without saying that he will be back later... then I guess she must have struggled that night then losing in unconsciousness ... She demanded his answers not for his misunderstanding but for his failure to protect her... I really like this flow of emotions from Khushi's side... this was not expected .. bt I like how she don't blame him for his mistrust but for the fact that he failed to protect her..

Khushi she was had given on herself as she think that she protect all herself for him ... and how can she be in someone arms and that too infront of his eyes... god that part was hard to read as.. I never wish Khushi to give up on herself like Arnav...as she will lose the hope to live her life... this thoughts were very well written dii... I liked every aspect of this update... it was one of the hardest and magnificent update...

dii... I can comment about every line of this update ... as every sentence has a  deep  meaning hidden inside it with more of feelings we can  imagine and more of heart break we can read.. so I will just say that dii... please consider my comment for every line...as every line was as intense as Arnav says"Khushi"

Karke tujhse mohobaat khuda ko jaise paya tha

Tha bus tere he liye sab kuch jo maine ab tak kamaya tha

Badle agar mei kise mod par bs tere he pyaar ka wo sarmaaya tha

Yakeen bs tere chaahat par kiya jo maine kabhe yakeen kiya tha

The tere baahe mere  liye wo sukoon ki raahat jaha mei mehfooz the

Khone ko bhe na hota  tha koi raasta jab mei tere kareeb the

Waqt  ne kyu aisa waqt laya mere is jahan mei tha

Basaya  tha jo kabhe  humne apne pyar se banaya ek gharodha tha

Tujh se is kadar karne lage mohobbat ye na jaan kabhe paaye the

Khone ka ehsaas he tujhe mujhe na kabhe gavara tha

Tha kya jo likha tere ya mere in lakeero mei tha

Pass hai hum pher bhe kyu gham ko saath saaya tha

Karne ko sab karte gaye tum jo na kabhe mere nazar mei aya tha

tere har dard ko bhe na jaan paye jo mere dard se aya tha

tute the tum kinhe raho mei jo mein na jaan paye the

Khush the tum bus mere khatir jo chupai  har dard ki parchai the

Kya tha mere liye jo bane tum mere liye is jahaan mein the

Dekha na hasee koi khwab jo  mile haqiqat mei tum the

Ab aya jo waqt karne ka pyar tujhse tho aasmaan bhe kam lagta hai

Kyu na dikhe mujhe koi aage bus tujhse shuru tujhse khatam mera ab har raasta hai

Karne ko gar wafa tujhse dene pade saans kabhe

Kam honge pal bhe saare jo kar du sab tere naam abhe

Dikha kyu na doon ab mei jo mere chaahat hai tere khatir

Rook lu saans bhe wo jo naa  laye ehsaas tera in saanso mei mere...

Khuda je tu ishq karan di khatir e dil diya hove

Tho kyu is vich milda sab nu dard ve

Je karne he na pure mere chaahata nu

Kyu pher dil mera kise aur de vaaste dhadkaya hove

Please bear my extremely free flying thoughts...

sorry for delay dii god is amendant  to give me emergencies

arnavini thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
oops i forget to say ... Arnav called Anjali ,dii for the first tym... god i never expected that Arnav will ever call Anjali as his elder sister with such greeting. if it was some ordinary day  Anjali must be in tears of joy but today the situation was of an emergency .. so i guess she didnt react much but i think she noticed and heard his words intensely...

ToxicLove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
The Valiant Knight

CHAPTER 44

Part 1

Bhai..Khushi ko..

Arnav didnt register anything Anjali was saying, as he sprinted towards Khushi. Khushi who was looking towards the window being splashed with monsoon waters, turned her face to look at Arnav. Her eyes once again glistened in hope as she spread her fingers on the bed for him to hold.

Grasping her palm into his, wiping the tears that escaped her pallid eyes, he whispered, I hear you Khushi...I hear your every unsaid word...But the baby is innocent in all this...Its is not humane to make him suffer like that, My Khushi is not like that. Please set him free...You are punishing yourself, and risking your life as well.

Khushi parted her lips to say something, nodding her head in negative but words didnt cut through the painful lump in her throat yet her tears spoke volumes. That made him realize the bitter truth that Khushi will never be able to accept the baby. And so he instantly took the decision, decision against his morals and principles only for her.

He leaned down closer, taking an aching swallow to prepare himself mentally to utter the words, If you dont want the baby, I assure you it will never be burden to you. You do not need to have any relation with it, I will do something about it, but it will take time for me to find suitable family. I know its too much to ask but Can you please bear until then unless you want me to take only other way to...

She looked at him questioningly, his eyes lowered in shame..She waited for him to look up and stared at him encouraging him to he spoke, If you cant tolerate it, we will have to do what my parents did with me, leave it overnight at some place...Every word he uttered stabbed him, because he knew the pain of a child being abandoned...No matter how the child is born, in his world, it should never face such treatment and it was against his existence.

Khushi stared at him blankly for very long min, as his eyes roamed on her face, flustered and in dismay. She was to some extent relieved by his words but she lied lifelessly incapable to make any decisions instantaneously. She tightened her fingers around his palm and pulled his hand closer to her heart as she heard him whisper...Its OK to choose someone else over me for once...I will never hold you onto that. Set him free Posy, for me...Please...

And she did just like he wished. Digging her nails brutally into his skin, straining her cold stomach muscles, muffling her painful scream, she gave one push and Anjali was ready to pull the baby out with forceps...

Arnav leaned down to Khushi and kissed her forehead whispering, Thank You! While Khushi grasped his hands more firmly.

Anjali whose concentration was all on Khushi's medical condition didnt notice the distress of the couple though she shelved her doubts on why Khushi behaved like that a while ago. Taking the baby into hands, gleeing at the fresh slimmy-wrinkled skin, Anjali squealed Congratulations Bhai, Its a boy!

Arnav craned his head and peeked at the tiny heart that was crying his lungs out, totally overwhelmed to realize that such a tiny life grew in her tummy for 9 months while Khushi's eyes were stuck on Arnav refusing to look anywhere else but him...

Bhai, do you want to cut the cord? Anjali gleed in happiness...

Arnav was about to agree when Khushi voiced in exhaustion, You do it Anjali...

While Arnav didnt say anything understanding her plight, Khushi thought in grim determination that, If Arnav ever cuts the cord, that has to be hers and his child...The newborn's cries taunted her defeat more than melting her.

Would you guys like to hold him now or after clean up? Anjali asked looking at Khushi and Arnav.

Arnav was about to free his hand from Khushi's hold but Khushi tugged him closer refusing him to take the baby...

Its not his fault to be here, he deserves at least this much from us. He spoke softly gently cupping her cheek while Anjali looked at them suspiciously...

He stepped away a feet and spread his arms in confusion, How do I hold him? He asked naively while an involuntary smile played on Khushi's lips just watching him in utmost confusion.

Anjali showed the cradle hold and slipped the slimmy baby into his sinewy arms...To be honest, Arnav was frightened to hold the baby. The baby was smaller and lighter than he had imagined. Cautiously walking towards Khushi, he sat next to her holding the baby, contemplating his little face and tiny fingers.

Khushi stared at the man sitting next to her as bitter realization struck her hard. A small smile that spread on his lips spoke quiet alot about varied emotions he was going through. It was a smile of responsibility than a grin of exhilaration out of love. The flicker of disappointment in his eyes as he cradled the baby made her realize, how much he had compromised himself and to what extent he suppressed his wishes for her. She knew how hard it must be for a possessive man to forego everything for her. Witnessing such void, she felt Arnav deserved much more and most importantly, she realized she cant give him anything a wife could give, not anymore. That ached her heart beyond means, she wanted to be the reason for him to live but that moment she doubted if she will ever become one and keep him happy. It would be unfair to expect him to accept the child out of love and she realized he will become best father fulfilling the responsibilities but will he ever be able to accept the child without remembering the past associated.  No, Never.

Breaking her trans, he whispered curving his lips into smile...He is so tiny that I am scared to drop him...Her overbearing thoughts shuddered her and she hugged Arnav's arm and cried unable to bear the overwhelming emotions of betrayal from fate...This was supposed to be our moment...This is so cruel...You are supposed to hold our child...I couldnt give us that happiness...Its hurting too much Black&White...She mumbled in her sobs, as he lifted his arm and wrapped it around her...

He couldnt cry, talk or comfort her much, He held the baby best he could with one hand, while his other arm pulled her closer to him as two innocent souls wept on his chest...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its been several mins since Nani, Bua, Aman walked inside the room to look at the baby. Ever since they entered all they had been talking is how similar are his features with Arnav. While Anjali was signing off the papers standing at the corner of the room, she whispered to Aman, Something is wrong here...They dont look happy about the baby.

Aman turned suspicious..Why? Are you sure? Somewhere his mind started connecting the dots looking at the sullen face of Khushi tucked closer to Arnav's chest.

I think something is bothering them..I am also disturbed seeing the scars from skin tears. I am wondering what would have happened...Anjali uttered handing over the papers to nurse.

The blanket that covered Khushi stayed taut in her brutal hold, unable to take running commentary about the baby and its look alike facial features with Arnav... Arnav gave a suppressed and mirthless laugh every time the old ladies squealed in excitement, well aware that it started riling Khushi up. Warmly brushing his knuckles and fingers on her arm, he tried to keep her calm as much as he could.

So bhabhi at least now tell us the name you have decided? Anjali came and sat near Khushi's feet.

Arnav feigning smile was about to say Arish when Khushi spoke brusquely, Adarsh...His name will be Adarsh Singh Raizada...

Arnav suddenly pulled away snapping his head in shock to her, clearly disgruntled with the call she made ...

Khushi beta, I think you should think about some other name..Nani voiced her disagreement calmly..

Kyun Nani? Whats wrong in naming the child after his father...was Khushi's snappy reply.

A several gasps flew in the air, mostly ladies, while Aman stood shocked where he was, for the first time realizing that it could be Adi's child.

Now look closer Nani, does his nose look like my husband's or your greatest grandson Adarsh Singh Raizada...

Khushi stop, they dont need to know...Arnav whispered sternly.

Then who needs to know? Just you? so that you will bury yourself in this deep shit and keep feigning happiness with mirthless smiles as they throw free comparisons how closely he looks like you...

Khushi, what are you saying? Buaji rushed to Khushi in shock..

Ek min Buaji...Dont interrupt me..I need to settle few things with him...She barked directing at everyone while Anjali looked at her in shock.

Khushi, Shut Up! We can do this later...Arnav tried to calm Khushi, not willing to put her dignity at stake in public.

When? How many years are you planning to torture yourself and me into this, for whom, and for what? And is that it, he screws me, you hide it, I come to know and I should act like nothing changed in my perfect life...Is that how you are planning for us to get back normal?

Khushi, for God's sake, Please calm down...This is not the time for it!

Do you have any idea what I had been going through from the moment you held him? She cried as he came closer to hug her...Do you know how painful it is to listen to them say he looks like you when the truth is world away...How could you be so indifferent and take all this calmly? How do you expect me to listen to such comparisons all my life? Sometimes I wonder if you are the same person I married who demanded life from others. She yelled holding his lapels and he closed his eyes in defeat to mask his distressed state, to hide the torment and the jealousy he had been going through from the moment he held the baby who is not his. But Khushi knew him better by now, his master way of hiding his own possessiveness and mental anguish and so she decided to shut everyone from making comparison. You may act all nonchalant Mr. Raizada, but I dont think I have any more patience or perseverance to deal this chapter of my life.

Khushi supporting herself on her wrists, sat up straight scowling at Anjali... Where is my fault in all this, Anjali? Why was I punished for no fault of mine? If he really wanted to fight, he should have fought like a man not by taking advantage of a woman...What a cheap ba*tard was your brother?

Did Adi..? Anjali clamped her hands to her mouth in shock remembering Arnav's once said words "I killed him because he destroyed an innocent woman who had nothing to do with him".

The way Arnav bored his eyes furiously answered Anjali as she broke into tears while Nani sat lifelessly witnessing everything. Buaji sat down next to Khushi and enquired, What are you saying Khushi?

Khushi left Arnav's hands and hugged Bua unable to say a word and Madhumati understood what must have happened to Khushi...It hurts Bua, it hurts to imagine how I lost myself so brutally...

Arnav got up and stepped away to the window unable to bear her pain. Is there anything that he could do to make her forget, probably not...His stomach twisted into knots and his heart sobbed in tremendous pain, feeling helpless.

Looking at his friend standing all alone, with no one by his side at that moment, pained Aman to no levels. And before he could leave Anjali, she stood up by herself and walked towards Arnav. She fell on her knees, folding her arms, I am sorry Bhai...It was all my mistake, I ruined your lives...I am sorry, I never knew I was raising a monster...

Arnav giving a small smile, pulled her up to a hug...Not your fault, Di...

You gave him right punishment Bhai...He deserves it...Anjali cried on his chest, while Khushi looked up at him as she realized the man behind Adi's death, and at the same Arnav happened to glance at her meaningfully...

The day that son of B*tch touches what is mine, I swear he will be cremated alive.

His once said words surreptitiously echoed in her ears and she squeezed her eyes shut realizing what he had done for her...

MadhumatiJi...Bua pulled herself away from Khushi, throwing accusing glance at Nani...Folding her hands Nani pleaded for apology silently. Madhumati stepped away angrily as Nani sat next to Khushi..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Watching Bua leave the room, Arnav followed her.

Buaji...

Madhumati wiping her tears stopped in her tracks and looked at him accusingly.

I am sorry Buaji, I couldnt keep up my promise. He stood few feet away in remorse.

I dont think my forgiveness matters beta. Because you got the biggest punishment of life, the kid.. And the fact that Khushi is not raising a finger at you, shows you are as victim as her..I just hope you guys make the best of the everything...But as a mother, it hurts to see my daughter go through so much pain.  And somewhere I couldnt stop pointing my fingers at you because its you who took her responsibility. With that she walked away wiping her tears while Arnav stood in dismay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nani kissing Khushi's forehead, cupping her cheek, Nobody will force you to do anything. We agree to whatever decision you take without a question.

Khushi rested her head on Nani's shoulder and stayed quiet for a long time. Nani gestured Arnav who entered just then, to come closer...He sat down and placed his head on her lap, while Khushi's endless tears slammed on his temples, fusing with his own salty ones..

His heart weighed up and his eyes streamed in tears as he heard Khushi, I feel all this is dumped on me. I dont know what to think and what to do Nani. I am too numb to understand what had happened to me. I dont know how I should react, how to come out of it...The only thing I know is this man showed me a dream and that is shattered beyond repair...I dont deserve this...Nor does he...

2 days later ...

Its been few hours since Khushi was welcomed home with the baby after discharged from the hospital...While Arnav, Anjali, Aman were out to shop for Baby furniture, Nani and Bua were out to visit temple while Khushi and Baby were napping.

Payal who reached Mumbai last night on a short notice, leaving all her pending work, scheduled a meeting with her peers to transfer the assignments, and so she locked herself in the Guest room attending calls.

Khushi seated in a couch in her bedroom, her eyes blankly stared at the baby crying on the bed...Waggling his arms in the air, plunging the air out of his lungs, baby cried frantically in hunger...Yet Khushi couldnt take a step towards him, the fond memories of her and Arnav's stopped her every effort to close the gap...

She watched him suffering for very long mins and finally stood up making a decision of her life...

That is exactly when Nani and Buaji entered home and she called Bua to speak something in private...

Mins later, Arnav returned home while Anjali and Aman had to go their respective jobs. He saw Khushi preparing coffee. Hugging her from behind, Dont you think you should be resting? He whispered placing a kiss on her ear..

Her eyes pricked with moistness and her skin shrunk uncomfortably. Not quite confident to any intimate touch, She politely stepped away in pretense to get milk...I was bored..She mumbled softly...The reason behind the distance Arnav failed to suspect.

Coffee was brewing, meanwhile she prepared milk for the newborn..Arnav stopped her holding her elbow and turned her towards him. Its been 3 days Khushi, you havent touched him nor fed him even for once. Every night you are hurting from engorgement. You havent slept for 3 nights in pain. Its your ultimate decision, but I feel its better you feed him, let the milk out..It might ease your pain.

You are right! She said nothing else and instantly agreed to his surprise.

She quickly turned away and poured the coffee into mugs, the next few mins, he explained what he bought while she listened quietly. Arnav could sense disturbing silence but he decided not to goad her too much. She poured coffee into 2 mugs, and handing over one mug to him, she said, Shall we sit on the terrace for a while? Her voice shaky and thick..

Ofcourse!

Take my cup and wait for me. I will prepare his milk and be back in a min. She smiled softly as he nodded in mirth.

Part 2 Next Part

Edited by deepthiya - 9 years ago
ToxicLove thumbnail
The Valiant Knight

CHAPTER 44

Part 2

Short Moments later, Arnav watched her walking towards him after changing herself into black saree to his surprise.

Saree? He questioned cocking his brow playfully trying to cheer her up.

I thought you would like to see me in this.

Like? Love it, Brings back the best night of my life. He whispered and as he was about to lean to kiss her cheeks, she bent down in pretense to adjust her saree fall.

He withdrew himself away after a moment pause...and he understood there is something fishy with the way she is acting all recluse.

He looked at her questioningly, as she held out taveez and smiled saying, I would like to see you wearing this all the time...This is the only thing I could give you...Her voice constricted and choked in pain but she maintained her well practiced smile.

He stared at her understanding what she is implying. When he was about to defy her statement, nodding her head she raised her fingers and gestured him to stop without touching his lips.

Tum khudh bandho..He leaned down and rested his head on her shoulder.

Her hesitant fingers tied the sacred bond they shared around his neck, while a lone tear escaped her eyes, kissing his palm that was resting on her lap...

Closing his palm, he looked up at her, We will be OK Khushi...He caressed her cheek assuring her...

She nodded her head in rapid movements, as she snuggled her face against his palm, fighting down her stubborn tears.  Inhaling a deep sigh of nervousness, she tried to change the subject handing over the coffee.

Meeting his lips with the expertly crafted coffee, his eyes closed in their own volition breathing in the aroma of freshly grounded beans. Taking his own sweet time, not guzzling down the hot liquid, he gave himself ample time to file the distinctive delectable flavors in his brain, one more time, just like any other time she made filter coffee for him. She didnt fail to notice the happy smile on his face and she looked away sadly.

Taking another slow slip, he asserted at the rim of the cup, I can never grow tired of this coffee, Thank You for the best... She smiled at the compliment thinking what an irony!

And they sat in silence that spoke more than their ever said words...

Mins later, taking cup from his hands, Could you do something for me? She asked hesitantly looking directly into his eyes...

He jerked his head in agreement.  

Can you tie this around my neck? A fresh batch of tears spilled as she showed him Mangalsutra.

His eyes softened and a happy smile surfaced on his lips as he took the necklace into his hands.

She closed her eyes remembering the moments he cupped her hands in the marriage meaningfully and fondly during Kanyadaan, when Bua placed her hands in his..Clasping the metal hook, he assured himself that the golden discs are perfectly aligned in the middle of her chest. His eyes fell on her fisted palms on her lap and he gently unleashed whats within to find toe rings...

He kneeled down in front of her as she watched him slip the rings into her toes...Caressing her long toes with his padded thumb, he was about to bring her toes to his lips when she stopped him...He stared at her sternly for a moment before gently lashing her hand away and placed a feather kiss on her toes...And she broke down completely the very next moment...

She hid her face behind her palms and cried her heavy heart out...

Khushi?

He reached her in a moment worriedly and pulled her into a hug as she hiccupped and shook against his chest...His heart felt heavy and restless seeing her so miserable...He wished if there is way for him to take all her pain yet he could do nothing but hold her firmly and closely like he always did and like she always loved...

Pulling herself away from the embrace, she opened his closed palms and kissed them tenderly, her tears pooling into a well in his rugged skin. Thank You! She mumbled onto his broad palms while he felt a tight squeeze in his heart. He had never seen her so vulnerable and it hurt him badly.

Lifting her chin to face him, he wiped her tears and kissed her forehead...That undid her once again and she threw herself onto him. Wrapping her arms around his neck, tucking her face in the crook of his neck, she hugged him closer in a never-let-go grip.

Speak to me Posy...You seem unusually nervous, What are you trying to tell me? He whispered onto her shoulders to which she pulled away, and nodded Nothing, regrouping herself, she wiped her tears. You have to meet the lawyer, remember? Its getting late...Come lets go down...She picked up the cups and started walking to the stairs, and he followed her meekily, his heart beating restlessly with unknown fear.

When she was about to take the first step down, He stopped her holding her elbow and turned her around. Cupping her face, he leaned closer to kiss but she closed her eyes and turned away brusquely, discomfort clearly dancing on her face...

Arnav closed his eyes in dolor, witnessing what he had feared...She is loathing herself, her own skin, and it would not be fair of him to expect her to be intimate.

Nevertheless, he held her elbows and pulled her closer, Whatever it is you are thinking, I am with you...I just want you to be happy.

She nodded Yes before turning away abruptly.

Arnav returned home after few hours of grueling meeting with Lawyer regarding the seize of properties under Adi's name and found Nani sitting in the living room in dismay.

Like every other time, he kissed her forehead and settled next to her. I am planning to take Khushi out for an hour, it will be a good change for her. Will it be OK? He asked wrapping his arm around drooped shoulders of Nani.

Nani looked up at him with teary eyes and remained silent, Kya Hua Nani? He looked around, Sab theek hain? Where is Buaji, Payal?

Nani lowered her head and remained quiet. He could notice dried tears on her face and rushed inside worrying about Khushi. Khushi? He cried her name looking for her in the bedroom. He knocked at the bathroom and didnt find her even there. On his way out of the room, his eyes fell on the bed and realized there is no baby nor baby stuff around. He walked closer as he found something flying on the bedside table.  

He found a 3 fold letter and opened it cautiously...

Arnav,

I am sorry is not enough for the decision I took on behalf of us, the hardest decision of my life and I will regret greatly for all my life but there is just no other way. I dont have the courage to face you, to convince you, this is why I am writing a Goodbye letter to the most precious person of my life, YOU.

As I write this letter, the picture of your winsome smile keep flashing back in front of my eyes, and I am smiling to myself remembering all the smiles we shared. Do you remember the day we first met? I never knew a man who would rile me up to hell, one day would pour all his blood to bring the heavens to my feet. I wish I knew!

When we started our journey, I was nothing but a fool to think that you were a white paper and your ramblings were a bunch of black ink words. I assumed you know no life but to be angry at everything and anything that came into your sight. How wrong was I?

I was a woman who knew how to work through my mind. But I never knew I had a heart until you shook me up and screamed yourself out "I may be a bas***d but not a rapist". Forgive me for reminding you this, but it is important for you to know that my heart ached for the first time when you uttered those words. I clearly remember I felt for you that moment, which ofcourse bothered me for days. Because I was determined to hate you and I am glad I couldnt.

Before I could wake my eyes thoroughly, you changed the course of our relation, not that I ever minded. I will always remember the very first time you held my hand, the very first time you protected me from the world I was ganging up against you, the very first time you wrapped your arms around me, the very first time you touched my lips and leaned your head on my shoulder, and there are many more to cherish, this letter wouldnt be enough to list. I will never forget our moments till the last breath of my life.

I do not know if you ever realized, in every moment we shared, you assured me well that I mean the world to you. People called me headstrong, you thought me sensible. He called me worthless, and you valued me priceless. Without saying anything, you said everything I wanted to hear, I yearned to hear from you.

You taught me to smile, to feel the emptiness when you are not around, and to being weak is never an option. You taught me everything that I never knew existed before - the blush, the flutter, the yen, the kiss. You taught me how to feel butterflies with the simple tuck of my hair. You did it all for me, to make me feel special, to make me wanted. You made me love the woman in me that I never knew existed before.

As I write this letter, I see the reasons behind your every action, trying to kiss away the scars without even my aware, taking all the blame for no mistake of yours, accepting my fate as yours, what did I do to deserve you? Where did you come from Black&White? How could you bring so much happiness into my life, fighting yourself against what life has thrown onto you? How did you manage to bite down the thorns to bring a smile on my face, all these months? No matter what I had told you, how I badly I treated you, You held onto me like second skin, protecting me, shielding me from the world and most importantly from my ownself. There are so many questions in mind that sometimes I feel the urge to approach you but I know that a charming smile would be your answer even before I could question.

If you go through the entire span of "us", it had always been you to give so much to this relation. I assumed I shielded myself to give you one thing that you most deserved, family, Our Family, and to my bad luck I couldnt give you even that.

I want you to know that, I didnt get back to you because of the baby. That was the lamest excuse I had ever used in my life. Truth is, I couldnt manage my personal life without you. Unfortunately I realized it too late and by the time I did, life left no choice for me but to part from you again.

There are so many wonderful memories between us but I realized memories are not enough to bind us.  When you left this morning to shop, he cried in hunger, so much that any mother would have melted and cried along with him...His cries screamed and mocked my defeat, defeat to my ownself. I couldnt tolerate and I acted cruel, I let him cry for more than 3 quarters of time, but I just couldnt take him into my arms. I realized I will never be able to accept him as long as I am with you. Because how I feel about you supersedes any other emotion in this world. Another fact I realized today.

No matter how much I hate him, I am not a woman who would force you to trash him overnight, thats not me and I know it must have killed you to even offer me that option. But at the same time, I dont think I can continue this life of staying aloof, battling between what I feel for you and him, for another year or two until he finds home. What if he comes back in few years and accuse us for leaving him? What if even his absence becomes a thorn in our lives? Will we be happy? Will you be happy seeing me in dismay?

I dont think so.  He is my responsibility and as you said, he is innocent in all of this. If I abandon him this day, I fear one day you would lose all your respect for me. I hate to see the pride that shines in your eyes, vanish away when you think of me.  I want you to be proud of me. Thats the only expectation I have from life.

I dont think I will ever be able to overcome the pain of not having you in my life but you know me, no matter what I will gather bits of broken pieces and will make life out of it. I am going to where I came from, and pick up where I ended. I am informing you so that you dont look for me everywhere. And please dont come for me, I wont be able to make this hard choice again in my life. I hope you respect my decision because more than anything, the life I gave birth to, needs me.  And I can succeed in my responsibilities only being away from you.

My only wish, dont blame yourself for anything happened. It was neither your fault nor mine...What ever happened was not in either of our hands. I sincerely hope you put the past behind.

You have suffered more than your share. You dont deserve any pain you were granted. Your troubles should end with me. Its time for you to move on. You have every right to lead a happy life and build a complete family. Think of it as bad dream, a nightmare. Wake up from this past, and find someone who will bring you lot of happiness in your life.

Lastly,  ARNAV -  I know how much you love to hear me call you that --- You wont believe I am smiling as I write your name. Thats the effect you have always had on me.  I always refrained from calling you by your name, saving it for a special moment, and I guess it never meant to come between us, so here I am addressing you by your name for one last time, not because you love to hear it, but because it gives birth to an amazing strength inside me, which I needed to write this letter.

I sincerely hope you find someone who could be yours in all true sense,

BECAUSE I AM NOT THE ONE FOR YOU...

- Khushi

Arnav crisply folded the letter into 4 folds and tucked it into his wallet. Removing the shoes, grabbing the towel, he went to washroom to freshen up. Moments later, he made a phone call for aides, then he walked outside and served dinner for himself and Nani, at much earlier time than usual.

While they exchanged no words, Nani looked at him fondly holding her tears back and watched him eat in silence. Dumping his plate in the sink, he walked over to attend the ringing doorbell. As Nani watched him silently, he opened the door to aides who stood with 2 large sized cardboard boxes.

Nani waited in the living room wondering what is happening, when the aides carried the boxes on their shoulders to exit...She enquired with the aide about the box when he politely replied, Sarees, Dresses and other woman clothes, Ma'm.

Woh..Kyun? Where are you taking them?

Sir didnt say anything, he just asked us to empty his wardrobe. As one of the aide finished saying, Arnav walked into the kitchen and grabbed himself a water jug.

Nani turned to him and was about to question the same, when he walked over to her, kissed her forehead and spoke softly, Good Night Nani.

Beta, its only 7?

Thaak gaya hoon Nani...was Arnav's feeble reply looking at her with utterly pallid face.

His words sounded much more than they meant, her eyes streaming in tears, she was about to approach him to console, when he abruptly turned away answering an incoming call...

I dont think I will make it, You guys enjoy. He replied to Aman and Anjali who were on the other end of the call, waiting for Raizadas to join them for dinner.

Anjali took over the conversation, Mr. ASR, I think I need to deal with your wife directly. Give the phone to Khushi.

Kaun Khushi?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~ THE END ~~~~~

PS:   Please read next post for Author Notes
ToxicLove thumbnail
Author Views

Many of you must be very upset for the ending I have chosen for this FF. I have received many requests asking me to keep the couple together and fight it out. I am sorry for not obliging to your requests because I strongly believe this is the best end given Khushi's condition and her character. Believe me I am one of those who don't like to keep them separate for too long but the story demands it from my point of view.

I have explained the reason quite in detail within chapter itself but for those, who still disagree here is my little explanation. This is the case of a r*pe victim and they take years to accept the truth and any other foreign touch. And Khushi is no different being a victim. It was the battle between her heart and her principles, a woman for whom self-respect holds beyond anything else and she was sure she will never forgive herself if she abandons the child, though thats exactly she wished in the heat of the moment.

If needed, I would have come up with another few chapters to continue the story but in reality, its just impossible to heal a woman in few chapters unless she is ready to take that next step.

A Valiant Knight can give her anything but if the person with distorted soul is not in the receiving end, will only be recovered by her innerself when she is ready and at her pace...She needs to take that next step by herself, only because she is Khushi, woman who always made her life without making anyone else suffer on her behalf and Arnav will be the last person she will make him suffer.  

If wanted, she could have stayed back for Arnav but she would be nothing but a mere pretense for him. She would not be the same Khushi he loved, she would not be the woman he took pride because at this point she is broken and the fact that she didn't create a life with him will kill her every moment he comes closer...And he is the man who could read her even smallest worries, so in her opinion, living with him is more torturous to him than leaving him, hoping that he will move on with his life at least in hatred...

So these thoughts made me end the Phase 1 of The Valiant Knight here. That means the good news is around the corner, very soon I will be back with Phase 2 of The Valiant Knight where we will see how they moved on only to fall in love again. The Phase 2 will not be as emotional as the Phase one and will be more of romantic genre. I made them cry so much, they deserve a hell lot of romance and yes there will be no villain or suspense...My goal is to make it as a sweet story and to give Arnav all the happiness of the world, because he deserves it.

Thank You!

I would like to dedicate this fanfiction to the man who taught me that life can lived to the fullest even with smallest pleasures. My Appa! Till date he wears one hundred rupees platform shirts only to buy me and my sister thousands worth of clothes. I was never able to understand my parents until I became a Mother. I dont think I would have wished for any other better parents. 

This FF wouldnt have been possible without My Husband's POV in very crucial tracks, Yes I bugged him alot and bechara phas gaya. While my father taught me the meaning of simple pleasures, coming from very middle class family where we think money is only for saving, My husband made me realize Money is to live life to the fullest, to help the needy and underprivileged. I became more humble and human in relation with him and he proves the same every single day. 

I cannot end this FF without expressing my gratitude to Lala, who stood by me with every line of this story, until the last chapter. I was in great distress for last one week for bringing this to an end and that too on such emotional note. She consistently, innumerable number of times, until wee hours of her time assured me and kept me in spirits, without questioning my decision even once but accepted it with smile Thank you Lala for being you, having faith in me, these moments, discussions, arguments will never leave my memory nor you. We live many countries apart, but if there is any person in this world who would jump in to give me shoulder anytime of the day, I know it is you. You are the most dependable and I am blessed to have you in my life. Thank You once again!!!

My heartfelt thanks to some very special people...

Nishu - Ab mein kya kahoon tere baare mein? In the beginnings, I still remember your threats about Arnav not owning his child...I laugh like an idiot whenever I think of those threats you left in FB...Love you, for being such pillar of support and motivation. And ofcourse, Lala gave up on Aman, you can have him...as I decided Arnav is only mine at the moment.

Sri - thank you for being so matured and thinking along the same lines as I did, and mostly for all the blessings you showered upon me.

K, thank you for thinking so high of me and always being so supportive of any decision I took, Means alot.

Kavitha - You are the strongest mother I have ever known. Your love for your family shows what a woman you are. I never told you this before, but you were my true inspiration in writing the chapter where Arnav confrtonts his Mother. I am glad I met you in this forum.

Jay - the best part after posting the update is reading your comments and discussions...Through out this journey I was amazed how close you were to the story line...Thank you for being such a sport.

Meenu - Thank you for coming back...Your monkeys always brings huge grin on my face and not to forget, you were bang on predicting lot of sequences, which only proves what a matured and sensible woman you are.

Siri - Thank you for all those heartfelt messages you posted on your dashboard for me, I feel bad we couldnt chat much given the time differences but I will never forget your special treatment.

Abhi - How can I express my gratitude with one word Thanks here...You always managed to fly me into heaven with such great appreciation...Really really means alot...

Deeswarna - Dear, I think I have already told you how much your comments mean to me. Because you are one of those who think similar to me and your reviews prove just that. Thank you for being part of this journey.

Divya - You always amaze me with the wonderful quotes you dedicate to each chapter. Thank you my friend.

Chandini - Thank you bringing so many references of famous poets wordings to TVK. I consider it as huge compliment and credit goes to you for finding such wonderful sayings.

Littlemissstar - Love love your questions and I crave for your compliments..Your feedback shows what a sweet person you are. Thank you for being part of this journey.

Asha-mehta - I hope I saved some nails to bite for the next season..Thank you for your appreciation of my work.

ntmrjn - I always loved your honest feedback on the tracks whether you liked or objected the way I had narrated.

arnaushi - Thank you for giving such detailed analysis of every chapter. I am glad you enjoyed my work.

Gayathri-murali  - Thank you for always coming up with wonderful words for me. Means a lot.

Jahnavi.luvs.asr - Welcome back, and thank you for coming back and finding the story...I always loved your curiosity and enthusiasm.

Madhu1210 - Thank you for your wonderful words and having faith in me.

Beenish - My stalker...LOL..Thank you baby for your sweet words and I love your siggies, I dont think I ever told you that. I love them.

enlightenme - Always loved your honest opinion about the tracks...The best statement of yours that I couldnt agree more is "I completely agree no man at his place who loves his wife would have the courage to barge in when he felt his wife was making out with somebody. Unless he is some psycho who is obsessed with his wife."

And not to forget more special people who send me PMs about their opinion on the updates - neeshahaider, ShahSAIR...Thank you guys for all the time and effort you take to let me know how much you guys love me. There is one person who sends me frequent PMs, her ID starts with F..I happened to delete all PMs and dont remember her name...To that friend as well, my sincere thanks and best wishes...

And to - 

Thank you all for taking time to leave a comment and to like my work...Without your support and motivation, I wouldnt have spent those hours of writing and trying to give the best I could...Hope to see you all in my next journey...

Last but not least, Vini - Every time after reading your feedback, the only question that pops in my mind is what good did I do to deserve such unconditional love from you. Without expecting any reply from me, every single time you wrote such wonderful words about me..You thought of me so high, kept me in your prayers...I am so lucky to find you in this forum..Thank you for all the poems you have written for me and for making me special...And yes, I will make your dream possible very soon...

I will be back with the continuation of this story in less than 10 days...More romantic with less or no tears...

Love Always, Deeps