Deeps Di πŸ€—
Waiting for update :)
abhinavasen thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
chaala baagundi pelli... πŸ˜›
daljeet thumbnail
Beautiful updates. I like the way the story is going. 
ToxicLove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
The Valiant Knight

CHAPTER 20

Part 1

Khushi hurtled her feet towards the washroom and locked the door behind her. She slumped against the wall, resting her forehead against the cold tiles, she tried hard to come to terms with what just happened.

Bunching saree at her chest, she tried to stop the capricious swings of her heart that is threatening to jump out of her chest any moment. Her mind constantly flashed those few secs of unanticipated fondling of his lips on her skin breaking it into goose pimples. She clutched onto the wall corner as her debile knees started giving up at the rate her stomach flip-flopped faster than her sporadic breaths.

It was her first peck ever... ever by a man. She is aware what pecks and kisses are. She has seen many PDAs but never knew that this is how it feels when experienced. Why the hell people kiss so many times and go through this painful feelings? A nagging voice questioned her insane part.

Is she happy? NOT AT ALL. She should have blasted him but she ran away like coward. She cupped her forehead wondering why her life is taking turns at bullet speed and she is unable to do anything against this engima called Arnav Singh Raizada. She had no clue what and how she should be feeling and reacting to it. But she was sure of one thing that he shouldnt have done that without her permission. Dont people seek permission before they kiss? He better ask my permission next time...Next time? No No No...Uff Khushi you are losing your mind...

Khushi..Are you in there? Anjali's voice exploded through the wooden door.

Hn..Khushi looked around flustered.

Khushi...Anjali knocked the door worriedly.

Yes I am fine...Khushi opened the door and let out small smile tad nervously, probably due to the peck still lingering in her brain.

Thank God...Aman was going crazy trying to find you...

Woh...I was just...

WOW...Finally I see some color on your cheeks...I feel blessed..

What? You see it? Is it so evident? Khushi touched the cheek he kissed her.

Yeah, I think soo..I dont think I turned blind yet. Anjali teased pulling her hair into ponytail.

I knew it...I knew it...He shouldnt have done it infront of so many people.

Anjali noted that HE must be Arnav. Normally she would have not bothered anything related to Arnav but looking at Khushi's flustered state, she thought of putting her at ease.

Relax Khushi...Thats how Holi played not within four walls. Look at me...Every color on my face is smeared by Aman...

What are you talking about?

Color..here..on your cheek..Anjali pointed to her other cheek..What are YOU talking about?

Ignoring her question, Khushi strode towards the mirror and wide opened her mouth in shock...How did this happen? She questioned herself flabbergasted to see her cheek painted in rose pink color...

What happened Khushi?

How did color ended up on my left when he ki...Khushi tried to recollect what happened...

He shifted his feet to face her, stunned to hear her concern that grabbed his complete attention. That undid his worried nerves and he let out a smile of satisfaction.  He looked at the table next to her and he smirked mischievously. He stepped closer and she tried to take step backward unsure of his impending action. He held her elbow and pulled her closer and uttered his breath fanning over her cheeks...I am going to meet someone special who is hospitalised. You will soon know who that is. For now, I want you to stop worrying about me and take good care of yourself while I am gone. Can you do that for me? He asked cocking his eyebrows stepping back little to see her reaction.

She nodded flustered at his touch unable to react. But she failed to protest as strong as she would have liked and he noticed that with proud smirk.

The delicate creases on her lips shone under daylight haunted him mercilessly. Brushing the pads of his fingers on her one cheek, he tilted his head, and placed a slurred kiss on her other reddened cheek that matched the shade of her quivering lips.

Khushi cupped her cheek retracing his colored finger prints and lowered her eyes shyly feeling his imaginary touch... Noticing this, Anjali left her alone in pretense to inform Aman about Khushi's whereabouts.

Khushi diffidently looked up in the mirror and blushed mumbling...This is cheating..I dont approve this...Her gaze shifted to her phone which beeped with incoming message. And as expected his name flashed.

Looking out the window at bright mid-afternoon sun, Couldnt help wondering if a demure cheek is more enticing or a colored one albeit I was responsible for both shades.

She grinned sheepishly and chose not to answer stepping out of washroom. She kept checking her phone for any more messages and his condition was no different. He waited and waited for reply, somewhere he knew there would be no response. Nevertheless he tried his luck one more time..

Done with rapid fire round with your pretty head? Would you now care to clarify before I kill my phone. REPLY ME!

Nani was saying how upset she is with Arnav for leaving when Khushi received his message and she couldnt stop giggling at his frustration. Khushi pacified Nani and excused herself and texted..

I am not replying you..

You just did...And since you already crossed the line of fire, why dont you reply my question.

I dont make peace with tricksters.

Would you reconsider if I say, I have special knack of multitasking? He chuckled at the other end taking pride in his innuendos.

Very slim chances!!! Need to give it a thought.  

She waited for his reply...she was surprised with her own behavior how impatient she is turning out to hear back from him, Secs turned to mins when finally she received his reply...

Got an earful from Nani for holding you up from some stupid game...Carry on..Speak to you later..

Safe journey!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nani suggested the game Bhang Pong, which is the improvised version of the original game Beer Pong.  The drinking game is played by 2 teams of 2 players each; 10 cups are set up on each end of the table in the triangular formation and both team takes their respective ends. Each team takes turns aiming to land the ping pong balls into the opponent cups. If a ball lands in a cup, the contents of the cup are consumed by the other team and the cup is removed from the table. The first team to eliminate all of the opponent's cups is the winner. The teams are allowed to talk, sigh, make funny face to distract the other team. Its a game, an excuse to drink..LOL..

Nani suggested this game to bring Arnav and Khushi together, assuming they drink bhang, and kiss under intoxication. Now that Arnav ditched the celebrations, Nani made sure the teams played with Soda instead of Bhang especially when Khushi being the participant lest Arnav should burn the entire city in hell. When Aman explained the game rules and that alcohol is involved in the original game, Khushi smiled away realizing why Arnav sounded irritated at the message about the game.

While Anjali & Khushi teamed up, Aman and another fellow named Karan who claimed himself as Adi's friend teamed together. The first few mins went well with Anjali and Khushi leading as Anjali did marvelous job of distracting Aman with her winks and kisses. While Khushi played reserved without getting affected with the distractions or the silly faces the men made, a pair of eyes watched her every move and her every inch to an extent that he licked his lips in lust.

And that is none other than Adi who happened to join party late, little after Arnav left. He waited from introducing himself to Khushi as he first wanted to assess the pros and cons of dealing with her. So far he easily figured it out that she is reserved and no-nonsense type. Too easy to prey if twisted little bit..He thought menacingly. When his friend, Aman's team mate stepped out for potty break, Noting that Nani stepped away Adi asked him to do something without telling him who Khushi actually is.

So the game resumed and Adi stood far to see how Khushi reacts to his plan. With each min passed the distractions became more flirtatious and took little uncomfortable turn from Karan, Adi's friend. Aman sensed something ugly is going to happen but the way Khushi kept cool, he assumed he is getting overprotective of Khushi and looking at things in magnified lens.

And in no time, Karan playing to Adi's tunes just went little aboard in the name of flirting and distracting opponents especially aiming at Khushi.

Khushi was about to shoot the ball when Karan tried to distract her, Khushi, imagine just you and me tonight, alone in the beach, having some nice hmmm romantic spicy mo...

Aman instantly clutched his collar to beat the life out of him when Khushi stopped him with smile.

Aman, what are you doing?

Bhabhi..He is..

Its just a game and I think I can handle it.

Bhabhi, let me handle this ass*ole..

I said STOP, I can handle it. Trust me..She walked over to the other end where Aman and Karan were standing. Aman left his collar fuming, unhappy with her decision. And what happened next shocked not only Aman but also Anjali, and Adi who stood behind on the small deck watching from far.

She reached to Karan gently pushing Aman to clear her way. I have to say I am very impressed with your audacity to propose a date to me. Trust me I really want to consider it..Karan's face turned brighter while Aman looked what the hell is she talking..

But..here is the problem and the problem is MY HUSBAND. Taking deep sigh dramatically, If he comes to know that this smart brain of yours imagined me or even thought of imagining me in a certain way, believe me he will not hesitate a moment to blow your brains into crumbs...Karan smirked not trusting her words while Aman smiled feeling content...

By the look on your face, it clearly explains your ignorance of who my husband is. Let me give you brief introduction of who I am...Extending her hand for hand shake, I am Khushi Singh Raizada, WIFE OF ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA. Karan's face fell and shivered as she continued...And not to mention, before he left, he specifically asked me to look after myself thoroughly. If I dont this, I am sure he is going to do me the same thing what he will do with you...So, I hope you understand and then it happened what exactly she referred...the sharp sound of whip being cracked landed on his cheek.

Mindful of being in her in-laws house, and not wanting anybody to raise questions at Nani, Khushi approached classy way of dealing the man without performing her signature Kung Fu stunts. Khushi smiled at Aman and walked away saying, time for break..Aman smiled in disbelief muttering Mrs. ASR...And before he realized, another slap landed on Karan's cheek and this time it was Anjali.

Adi...throw him out before I lodge a police complaint...Anjali screamed walking away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyderabad...Smiles Children Hospital...

How is she? Arnav asked the warden as he was rushed to Ashu's room.

She is lot better but she was extremely down for last 1 week.

1 week? She has been sick for a week and you guys found time to inform me today? Arnav barked at the warden.

She asked us not to..

As if you guys listen to every word of theirs. Are you out of your mind listening to kids in these matters. Who appointed you?

Sir, it was not my call..It was Director's call.

I want his a*s here in next one hour. And leave us alone. With that Arnav opened the door to find Ashu playing with her baby pink kitty cat soft toy...

Bhaiyyaaa...She screamed in exhilaration spreading her arms.

He took few long strides and pulled her into his embrace. Ashuuu..he whispered ever so softly painfully...I am sorry...I am so sorry...He mumbled on her shoulder...

Bhaiyyaa I am fine...Look I am playing too...She showed her kitty cat, the first toy that Arnav gifted her.

Arnav frantically checked her face, cheeks, shoulders. She looked pale and probably must have lost few kilos, looking very fragile. His eyes turned moist as he spotted needles pierced to her arms...He shifted his gaze to IV Saline hanging a feet away.

Bahut dard ho raha hain? [Is it paining alot]

She smiled..Not now...and immediately pouted, but when they first poked it..I cried alooot...

He hugged her feeling pathetic about himself. Sorry...very sorry...Smoothening her hair, How are you feeling now?

I am all healthy now but they are not allowing me to go.

Doctors know better dont you think like you know all about your kitty cat?

But I want to go from here...Its boring without Rahul...

Hmmm That must be very tough. He smiled at her cute pout. You know what, I got a plan...And he whispered in her ears...

Yayyy...But dont tell Warden uncle, he wont allow me. She whispered back mischievously.

Then I want you sleep until I come back..Deal?

She agreed and Arnav tucked her into bed and slipped out of the room to speak to Doctor.

Doctor confirmed that Ashu is perfectly fine and is under observation period and she will be discharged 2 days after. After Arnav blasted Orphanage Director and Warden for not informing him on time and warned them not to repeat it again, he picked up Rahul from WeCare, brought fruits, juices, and bunch of movies for the kids.

The kids turned wild seeing each other after a week. Rahul and Ashu share very special bond. While Ashu was admitted by Arnav, Rahul was admitted by Khushi just 2 days after Ashu joined. Instantly they bonded being of the same age and being newcomers at the time. Arnav stood by the window admiring the innocent smiles they spread across. The buddy talks which probably made no sense to third person but they spoke as if that is all their life. That reminded his childhood which was no way like Ashu & Rahul's. Arnav felt content for making difference in their lives, for helping them grow as normal kids without losing their innocence and not like another Arnav Singh Raizada who was abandoned by everyone.

Rahul dragged Arnav towards bed breaking his thoughts. Ashu sitting on his lap while Rahul lying on his tummy at Arnav's feet watched their favorite movie The Nightmare Before Christmas. Ashu and Rahul got a thing to horror stories which is why this movie tops the list. The movie that was watched innumerable times by the trio, always starts with bickerings and petty fights of Ashu and Rahul over the lead characters Jack and Sally. The all time favorite part of their movie night for Arnav is when the bad guy Oogie Boogie turns into millions of bugs, Rahul closes Ashu's eyes until that scene is over. And like every single time, when the scene came up, Ashu hugged Arnav in fear, Rahul pulled himself up and closed her eyes tightly constantly chanting...He is gone Ashu..He is gone..Arnav adored the strong bond they share and somewhere he knew Ashu cannot be without Rahul if she is adopted.

Arnav who always cherished these moments and thought that the trio as his only family, apparently looked quite lost in his own thoughts, with his eyes focused on the TV screen but his mind thinking about someone miles away from him. He checked his watch ticking 8, the time they usually eat dinner. He felt fuzzy feeling her absence, for the change in their usual silent routine where they sit and have dinner quietly stealing glances once in a while...His mind sulked for not being able to see her particularly this evening after making that impromptu contact on her cheek, unable to see her reaction or know her feelings.

It was around 9 at night, the kids drifted off to deep slumber, Arnav sitting in the same position while Ashu embraced his chest, Rahul slouched on his thigh...The only thing common among the three is the lack of motherly love to stroke their hair and lullaby them to sleep.

Arnav gently straightened them on the bed and tucked them warm and slipped out of the room to call someone he is dying to hear.  

Part 2 Next Post

Edited by deepthiya - 10 years ago
ToxicLove thumbnail
The Valiant Knight

CHAPTER 20

Part 2

Raizada Mansion...

Dont put strain on your foot for next 24 hours...You should feel better by tomorrow...Anjali advised dressing Khushi's ankle that got sprained moments ago.

Khushi nodded constricting her face in pain while Aman paced across the room wondering how oil was spilled in the middle of the living room.

Anjali and Khushi forced Nani to call it a night and started instructing their maids to clean up the mess after guests left. Both ladies quick on their feet juggled in and out of the mansion when Khushi's feet stepped on the oil poured liberally in the middle of living room. As she was about to fall Adi stepped in to hold her with dirty intention but Aman was just too quick and pulled her up holding her arms and giving deathly glare to Adi. Adi had no choice but to back off without touching the newly introduced Bhabhi. In the process Khushi's ankle was twisted and taken to Anjali's room to tend.

I dont get which idiot poured oil on the floor. We walked through the same living room for god knows how many times and I am sure it was not there before. Anjali said nodding her head angrily.

Aman grew suspicious and sighed Anjali to step out for a min to convince her to let Khushi stay with her. After few mins the couple walked back to Khushi and Anjali asked Khushi to stay back with them for the night. After lot of bickerings, YESs and NOs, Khushi finally had to give in but she worried if Arnav will be OK with it.

Aman bid good night and left to his home while Khushi and Anjali shared the bed after Khushi changed into one of Anjali's saree. Anjali turned off the lights but sleep was miles as she needed to spit out something she understood about Khushi. Anjali is one of those who cant keep anything to herself, be it compliment or her tantrums. The only person that could shut her for life time is Arnav which she is well aware off.

Anjali voice broke the silence and Khushi shifted to face Anjali.

You know what I really like about you?

Khushi smiled, I dont do well with compliments.

You didnt become puppet dancing to his commands.

Khushi understood HIS as Arnav. I am sorry I didnt get you.

I mean even after knowing that I and HIM dont get along, you didnt back-off from befriending me. You didnt let him dictate our friendship.

Khushi smiled at her innocent accusation on her husband. Thats because he never did. He never stopped me from talking to you. In fact he never spoke a word about your relation or you.

Anjali remained silent quite surprised that Arnav didnt control her as much as she thought. I dont like him Khushi. She wasnt sure why she felt the need to talk to Khushi but her pure heart and warmth eased Anjali.

Khushi took a moment to grasp and said calmly placing her hand on her shoulder, I am sure you must have had your own reasons.

I was 15 when he snatched away my organizer, you know electronic diary..I told him it was not working and asked him not to touch..

Oh is that why you hate him. Khushi was baffled.

No, that was one of many things he snatched away from me. Anjali's eyes glistened in tears remembering her father. What Anjali didnt know was that Arnav snatched it to fix it for her, as a way of showing his gratitude to the family for accepting him and hoping that one day Anjali would accept him as her brother. And when he fixed the organizer and returned it, she threw it on the floor without listening a word from him. She was too young to share her father and was buried in jealous and possessiveness that she failed to see the good side of him even today.

I am sorry you feel that way Anjali. Believe me, my thoughts were along the same lines as yours when I first met him until few days ago. But if there is anything that I learnt about that man, is that he doesnt take action without a reason. And his actions speak louder than his words but unfortunately he is not too good proving his good intentions with his words, which is one of the reason I didnt get along with him well.

Anjali didnt say a word and wiped her tears. Khushi wasnt sure if she even listened but nevertheless she tried to convey the message.

I dont blame your dislike for what he portrays himself. But If I advice, I would request you to put yourself in his shoes and assess. I am not saying this as his wife but as your friend. If you still think he hurt you, you have every right to dislike him, hate him. But trust me Anjali, if you come to know that you were wrong all along, the feeling of guilt will just eat up. I am not talking only about him, give benefit of doubt to anyone you dont like because I dont want you to go through the pain of guilt and defeat I had gone through. Its not worth it Anjali. And I am sorry if I crossed the line.

Anjali hugged Khushi, Thank You, I feel better after talking to you but I am not giving another chance to him.

Khushi nodded, I understand. Then you must stop giving him so much importance by thinking about him.

I am not giving importance to him.

You are not getting my point Anjali.  You dont realize that you dont hate him, you are just stuck with something in your mind and you are unsure how to move on with reality, reality to leave things behind and accept him. I dont know what happened between you both but you are suffering alot by not coming out of your past.

Anjali looked shocked hearing Khushi. Somewhere it all started to make sense. Every single time, she warned Adi to stay away from Arnav. If she truly hated him, she would have provoked her brother to take revenge. She never wished Arnav to be hurt. She just wanted to stay away from him and she is not sure of reasons anymore.

And you know why I like you..Khushi smiled in glee trying to ease her up. Despite what you think about my husband, you gave me lot of affection and warmth in this new place. It really means alot and shows the genuine woman you are. Thank You Anjali.

Anjali giggled at her compliment. I am glad we are having this pajama..oops saree party tonight...Both broke in laughter and another journey began...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Khushi unable to sleep checked her phone many times for any messages from him and contemplated to call him. But she was more worried if Arnav will be upset of her sharing room with Anjali as their sore relation is quite evident. The thought of him getting upset bothered her and she realized she is getting attached to him and his anger unaware the worst and best he could offer in this relation. She just hoped he is little predictable and open for her to understand him.

Khushi's phone flashed with incoming call from him and she immediately ignored the call not wanting to wake Anjali up.

I cant talk now...Anjali is sleeping. She sent text message.

Where are you?

@RM, Anjali's room. I can explain tomorrow.

I dont care, I want to talk to you NOW...

I cant talk now, she is sleeping..SORRY...I will call you tomorrow, pls understand.

Khushi waited..waited for long mins. Every min delay started killing her worrying his temperament and then finally after 3 long mins came his reply...

Never mind. I have better things to do. was his snappy reply.

She sighed realizing he is angry and it bothered her. She mentally cursed herself for hurting her foot as she couldnt walk out of the room to take the call. She tossed on the bed several times and she turned very restless imagining his frustration and disappointment. Not dwelling much into why everything about him turning out to be most important and significant to her, she tried to get off the bed and walk out of the room.  

Why the f*ck I care? Arnav threw the phone angrily onto the couch in the hospital room and slumped on it to get some sleep. The pretty image of hers repeatedly flashed in the darkness behind his closed lids waking him up, not allowing him to drift to sleep. He tried really hard to shoo her away from his thoughts but her mystery eyes kept teasing him mercilessly.

Dammit! He sat upright swearing at himself for having no control when comes to his new found and only interest, his wife.

Khushi's name flashed on the phone display and he simply ignored the call. Several calls from her end followed and all of them were royally ignored. Nobody ignores him and when they do they better pay for it and Khushi was no exception.

Then came her text message...If you need to speak to me, this is your chance. You got 30secs.

The moment he read "if YOU need to speak to me", he was completely thrown off and his temper raised to no limits as if she is doing him a favor. He expected her to be as anxious as he was to talk but her words sounded more of his desperateness and Arnav Singh Raizada never gets desperate about anything.

Precisely after 30secs per her time limit, she sent another message...

Congratulations! You just won yourself 2 day unlimited IGNORE-ME mins and I am turning my phone off. Oh, be sure to eat well on time and bundle up energy to fight me upon your return...

What the F? This cannot be happening. He threw his hands in the air in frustration, trashed the phone onto couch and walked out of the room to breath some fresh air.

The next 2 days went in blur each of them busy in their own world but thinking about other member. Arnav from time and again checked with Aman about Khushi and Khushi knowing him was very well aware that he is keeping tab on her.

Arnav took few hours from Ashu to meet Payal and check on her in the new office. Upon her insistence he met Buaji and learnt that Khushi and he should visit HYD on the 4th day from now for some ritual which he didnt pay much attention but he promised that they will come.  

Apart from that most of the time Arnav stayed by Ashu feeding her, playing with her and watching the same movie again and again. Many times he wondered if he should talk to Ashu about Khushi but he was scared at the same time to give her false hopes of taking her along. NO matter how confident he thought that Khushi would not disapprove adopting Ashu, he wanted to talk to Khushi first and see if that is something Khushi is willing to do for him, for the little one. It will be hard decision and huge sacrifice for any woman without having their own child and he knew the consequences of taking Ashu without Khushi's heartfelt consent. He just couldnt afford to ruin Ashu's life further, so he decided to act by the need of the hour.

Ashu was discharged in the morning. Since Arnav is leaving to Mumbai in the evening, with Orphanage Director's permission Arnav decided to take Ashu and Rahul for an outing but the doctor advised him to rest Ashu. Ashu hated the doctor and cried that she will never go to the doctor again. For last 30mins Arnav was trying to make her understand the same but all his efforts went in drain until Rahul murmured something in her ears.

Wiping her tears with the back of her palm, Ashu asked, Will you take us to Living Dead when you come next time?

Living Dead? Woh kya hota hain? [What is that?]

Its haunted house with ghosts and skeletons. Rahul supplied the information excitedly.

No no...You will be scared...We will do something else.

Please Bhaiyya. You know how much we love horror stuff...Please...Ashu pleaded.

OK Promise me you will get well in 4 days.

Pinky promise..per 4 days?

Because I am coming back in 4 days. Arnav pulled both of them onto his lap.

The kids jumped out and did their dinka chika dance. Arnav laughed wondering where the hell they learnt that pathetic dance. Who taught you this dance?

Khushi Di ne...Both kids screamed in excitement and the next moment Rahul face fell in disappointment.

Its been 10days since we have seen her. Her mom called and said she will not come here anymore.

Why?

Because she got herself an uncle.

Uncle?..

Woh like how Jack meets Sally in the movie at the end...

Oh She got married?

Yes..I hate that man who took her away from us. Ashu cribbed.

Come here both of you. Arnav spread his arms and made them sit next to him. I am sure she is missing you two.

She didnt call even once.

May be she didnt wanna make you both upset.

Ashu and Rahul remained silent not quite convinced with his words...Shall I tell you a secret? Arnav whispered to them.

2 pairs of curious eyes looked up at him. I got ourselves another friend..

Friend? Rahul asked..

Like Aman Uncle? Ashu jumped up in excitement.

Arnav laughed..No not like Aman uncle...like how Sally is to Jack in the movie...

Ohhh Huggie wali...Kissiie wali friend...Rahul drawled remembering the movie chars hugging and kissing at the end.

Where did you guys learn that? Arnav tried to contain his grin as the images of their peck flashed in his brain.

Its in the movie bhaiyya. Is her name Sally too?

Her name is...he paused checking out their reactions as they looked at him with bated breath...Her name is Khushi...

Khushi??? Khushi Di???

No no..Its not your Khushi Di...This is my Khushi..She is different.

Where is she? Show her? Do you have her picture? The kids fired him with their curiosity.

Calm down both of you. I dont have her picture. I ..

You dont have picture? You are so not like jack at alll....Remember Rahul how jack used to dream all the time about Sally. Ashu proudly spoke about her favorite character.

Excuse me? You guys are watching too much TV now. No more discussion on this. Listen both of you, I will be back in 4 days and I will bring Khushi along. Then we all 4 will go to Living Dead. How is that?

Both kids squealed in excitement breaking Arnav into all smiles and they spent rest of the afternoon playing puzzles.

When time came for Arnav to leave, Arnav took Ashu aside and knelt before her.

I am sorry for not being there with you this week...But I didnt forget about you Ashu, I want you to know that...

Ofcourse I know Bhaiyya...She gleed as he kissed her forehead.

Next time if anything happens to you, I want you to inform me first.  Please dont hide it from me like this time.

Ok I am sorry.

And one more thing, the envelope I asked you to give to your Di, you can trash it since she is not coming.

But what if she comes..

Just trash it Ashu...He took her into his arms, Its time for me to leave...And no tears now.

She nodded as tears flooded through her eyes..

He caressed her cheeks...I will see you soon...And he walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Khushi drew imaginary whorls using the pen in hand, she observed her fingers looking different than usual with pink hue. She stopped the task at hand and raised her palms to take closer look. Her eyes beamed, lips curled and warmth spread on her cheeks remembering the way he tended her hands with care. One hand traced the other palm remembering his exact movements and she literally re-lived those tummy fluttering moments imagining him.

Then her fingers in their volition drew patterns on her cheek remembering the most special moment of her life. As she thought more and more about it, the initial disapproval of the little intimacy slowly drew curtains down making her feel special to someone like never before. The more she thought, deeper she got involved in the spell he is casting even though miles away. Not a single phone call but still she could feel his presence in her thoughts all the time. It felt natural and pure.

As she thought more about it, she realized why she is finding all these simple things so special. She was never taken care by a man in such an exceptional way...heck she never allowed anyone closer to her to this extent. And she wondered why she started letting him invade her and her privacy. Is it because of the photographs? No, not once her mind wavered to photographs when he neared her.

Biting her lips shyly, She smiled unable to deny the fact that she started liking his caressing touches, authoritative concern, silly threats, especially the way he put up this whole facade of baddie to protect her...And that made her realize that the only other man in her life, her father never considered her worthy enough to protect her but this man is going beyond and above to make sure just that.

He is coming this evening and she wanted to prepare something special but she had no idea what he likes and she didnt want to ask Nani making their life public. She decided to take care of the remaining interviews for the day as soon as possible so that she can leisurely prepare something.  

As the interviewee left, she grabbed a notepad from her handbag and noted the positives and negatives of the person. Her feet stumbled upon an envelope that fell from her handbag. She picked it up and found it addressed to her name. She warily opened the featherweight envelope which has a key and a small note that read as...

I wish to see the locker be emptied before I return. What you do with those is your choice but I absolutely do not want to start US precariously making these photographs or business or past conflicts predominant in our lives.

The Key is YOURS.

- A

Khushi read the note again and again trying to understand what he wanted her to do with the photographs, not that she wants to follow his choice blindly, his choice mattered to her at that point. And by giving the key to her, he showed immense trust on her, bringing smile on her face.

When the security guy asked if he can send the other candidate, she intercom'd to hold off the interview for few mins and she opened the locker to find the photographs. She decided days back that she is going to give a chance to this relation and if he wants to start off fresh without any bitterness, she was more than ready to do that after all one cannot build anything on broken barriers.

Without wasting a sec, she burnt the photographs, broke the CD and SD into pieces and threw into small bonfire in the balcony. A wonderful feeling of peace and serenity transcribed on her face thanking the man who made it all possible. She took out her Mangalsutra hidden underneath her a pallu and caressed it with her thumbs sporting a beautiful radiant smile of a typical bride.

I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU...a honest confession of her heart slipped through her lips and she realized she is falling for him faster than she imagined.

Nani accompanied Khushi most of the day while Khushi took interviews of the last batch of candidates. Nani late in the evening had to leave in the last min to visit her friend in the hospital. Knowing this Aman said he will stop by to check on Khushi and as promised he left office just few mins after Nani call.

The interviews extended longer than she expected and the time clocked 7PM, Khushi hurriedly tried to wrap up for the day to cook dinner for Arnav but the problem is there is one more candidate to go per security guard.

She asked the guard to ask him to come tomorrow but the man was persistent saying he is leaving out of station tomorrow. Finally not willing to waste in negotiation, Khushi asked the guard to send the man inside.

Khushi sipped water and turned around to find the man in late 50s standing at the door..Her eyes widened in fear and the glass slipped out of her hands shattering into pieces on the floor.

Why did you come here? She screamed terrified.

30mins more to the destination he had been eagerly waiting for last 2 days. He sighed unhappy checking the clock that ticked 7PM. Taking the wheel of his silver Range Rover, he sped through the streets of Mumbai as fast as the accelerator could to see one person that tormented him sweetly every sec for last 2 days.

He had many relations in the past, the most long term being with Lavanya but he never missed her nor her absence bothered him to the extent Khushi's absence affected him.

There is something special in her which is making him want her more and more. He wondered if it was her eyes opening the doors to her emotions or her lips quivering in unadulterated innocence or is it just her being the first woman to challenge him not to take her for granted. The more he thought, lesser his feelings turned out to be lust. There was absolutely no reason to feel compassionate, protective, possessive, and concern to the woman you lust. But he realized that all these became his first priority over physical attraction when it comes to Khushi.

He groaned in frustration questioning himself how she control his thoughts to such marvelous extent.

It was always women who were clingy to him. But everything seemed to be different now and for the better. The need of his body to cling onto her, the desperation in his fingers to feel her, the drumming of his ears to hear her, the constant nag in his mind to think about her, the pounding of his heart as he neared her, started ruining all his senses scorching his intentions to hate her. He was supposed to hate her instead he ended up assuring her that its all real.. He wondered how could he say that something exists between them and is real when he is not sure what it is? What is it between us Khushi? He questioned mentally banging the steering in vexation unable to understand what he is feeling for her.

But if there is anything that he understood in these 2 days, that is he will be punished eternally if he let her go out of his life or out of his mind. There is no other way than he be damned brutally if a day is going to be spent in Arnav Singh Raizada's life without his wife. She deserves all the smiles and happiness of the world and he is going to make sure she gets all of it.

Why did you come here?

Khushi bitiya...I am sorry...

Who gave you this address? Who allowed you inside? Security..Before she could raise her voice, the elderly man approached her and clamped his hands on her mouth shutting her..

Leave me..She muffled into his palm struggling to get away but her limping ankle gave way.

Listen to me bitiya..I learnt my mistake..Listen to me..I will take my hand, we will sort this out...Dont shout I am taking this hand...

She nodded helplessly...

Once he left her, she stumbled backwards breathing nervously, You came here because I married the richest man. You needed money, isnt it?

The man with hooded eyes feigned guilt, drooping his shoulders helplessly, For what all I did to you, my fate served me right. I shouldnt have ill treated you like that. Now God is punishing me.  Your mother is in hospital suffering from cancer.

As he expected, the words affected her hearing about her mother.

They are asking for lakhs and I dont know anyone who could help me other than you.

Khushi shivered hearing her mother's well-being. Khushi is what she is because of her mother. As much as Khushi hated her mother for being doormat to this man, she was the one who dared to send Khushi away to her Bua and saved her life from entering pro*titu*tion. Khushi looked flustered wondering why Bua didnt tell anything about it. But then it struck how this man is manipulative and questioned herself at the authenticity of the news.

Whatever it is I will talk to Bua. I dont need to know my mother's well being from you. Get the hell out of here..

Khushi bitiya, I know you are upset..Please dont do this.. Save her..There is no one who could help me...Involving her in the conversation, the man approached her and held her by arms fiercely and his pleas turned violent and raged as Khushi didnt relent...

Chodoo..Securityy...She screamed on top of her voice which is when the door opened with a thud.

Part 3 - Next Post

ToxicLove thumbnail
The Valiant Knight

CHAPTER 20

Part 3

Throwing the keys to the driver, Arnav jumped into the elevator and swiped his card to the floor P (Penthouse). His heart started pounding almost tearing out of his chest as he tried to imagine what she must be doing now and what he is going to do seeing her. Hug? No No..too stereotypic. Kiss? No way..Arnav DO NOT RUSH THINGS...A little nagging voice warned him.

Just go, say HI if she says HI...Otherwise...He threw his arms in the air...What the F* am I doing now like love struck teenager? He cursed looking at himself in the mirror in the elevator.

The floor arrived...He gave himself a thorough check fixing a strand that fell off its place on his forehead and walked out anxiously to meet her, forgetting that they fought 2 days ago.

As he closed the distance, he felt restless and his mind nagged that something is not right. He paced his steps faster and didnt find the security man by the door which is when he heard Khushi scream...

Unlocking the door, he punched the panic button which is by the entrance to alarm the security. He opened the door with a thud and noticed Khushi writhing in an unknown man's grip with her eyes saucered and blood shot.

Khushi...Arnav screamed.

The man left her in a jiff and Khushi fearfully started limping to Arnav. Its didnt take Arnav more than a fraction to reach her and shove her behind him securely hiding her from the man.

Arnav went upto the man, took the old man's knee with his foot and swung his fisted palm at the old man's head. The old man went down in a heap mumbling I am her father...Arnav's hand stopped in the air in shock and looked at Khushi...Khushi Is he saying truth?

Khushi who lost touch to the reality and whats happening, stood stiff with her hands bunching her saree at her thighs and kept mumbling something..

Khushi..He called her again but she stood numb.

He left the man and reached her in a stride and Khushi instantly clutched Arnav's arm tenaciously shaking in fright.

Arnav cupped her face calling her name softly Khushi...

She kept mumbling something with her eyes fixed on the man. Arnav leaned forward giving his ears to listen her stutter... I am worth more than 1000 rupees..Tell him...I am worth more than 1000 rupees...Tell him...I am worth more than...please tell him...

And that said it all.

Arnav felt like someone stabbed him into pieces...For the first time HE FELT HIS HEART FEELING FOR SOMEONE OTHER THAN JUST BEATING...He could feel her in him bleeding in pain, her words gave new meaning to what he felt for these days...Her anguish tore him apart...Her unshed tears brought sheen of tears to his eyes. Leaving her instantly, he leaped onto the old man swinging his hands punching the blood out of the wrinkled face. Ignoring the man's pleas, Arnav hooked his left arm to the old man's right and grabbed the old man's throat with the other hand choking him to death..

Just then Aman entered and was shocked to see Arnav almost killing the man.

Arnie..Chod isse...He will die...Chod...Aman jumped to relieve the man from Arnav's death grip. Security guards charged inside trying to take the intruder away...

I have a networth of $520 million b*stard but none of that is worthy to be compared with my wife...Do you understand? I will kill you as*hole if I see you again...

Aman held Arnav tightly while the security took the man away. Arnie bas...he will be taken care of...Bas.. Calm down...Arnav shrugged him away and went to Khushi who stood rooted at the place looking at him in wonder and what he just said.

I will check with security. Will see you in a while. Aman excused himself worrying about them.

Tum teek ho? [Are you OK?] His voice enraged but filled with many undeniable emotions. Looking at her numbed state, Arnav grabbed glass of water and before he could hold it out to her, she threw herself onto him wrapping her arms around his neck as tight as she could. He could feel her tremble in her body throwing her entire feeble weight on him.

Placing the glass on the counter, he embraced her protectively, slipping his fingers into her hair, softly whispering...Shhh its OK...He is gone...He is not here anymore...As he spoke, she stood tiptoed and hugged him more tightly burying her face in the crook of his neck. She turned sapless and he could feel the tremors of fear with the way she shook in his arms. And he whispered, Its going to be OK. I wont let anything happening to you...I am here for you...I am always here for you..Brushing her hair, he made those promises which meant much more than they could imagine.

Khushi nodded withdrawing from the embrace, feeling embarrassed and tried to excuse herself. He stopped her holding her wrist and kissed her forehead cupping her jaws tenderly...

You have to believe me when I say this, Nothing in this world is worthy to be compared with you. I mean every word of it. I want you to erase those bitter words from your memory and replace with what I just said. Dont ever remember those words again. Are we clear?

Khushi Singh Raizada fell head over heels in love with her husband Arnav Singh Raizada that very precise moment without any reservations and expectations.

She nodded nervously with the new revelation of her own feelings and how much his words meant to her life.

Dont worry about dinner, I will have it arranged. Just go and rest. He commanded holding her hand and tried to lead her to the bedroom but she tugged his hand as she limped painfully.

Kya hua? Did he do this to you? He asked enraged.

She nodded NO words failing to co-operate. I tripped 2 days back.

And before she could say anything else, his muscled arms reached under her knees and her back and scooped her up in a flash.

As she feared of her own volatile emotions, she closed her eyes in fear, her right hand snaked around his neck and left one bunched his vest in their own volition.

He placed her gently on the bed and kneeled in front of her thoroughly checking her ankle, without questioning or uttering a single word. She looked pale, eyes bloodshot, hands shivering and sweaty but absolutely no tears. He never understood this part of her wondering how come she never sheds a tear no matter how distressed she is. She on the other hand underestimated him as he could clearly see how tormented she is within and how she is struggling with dried up unshed tears.

Is it hurting alot? He asked cupping her ankle.

She nodded NO trying to take her foot from his hold, I dont want outside food. I will make something at home.

Not today Khushi. He said sitting next to her checking her hands.

But I want to make something for you. Why dont you understand? She said stubbornly deeply affected with her own feelings and wanting to do something to keep herself busy as the painful past slowly started creeping up her brain.

He paused for a brief moment and looked at her amused, You got entire life to do that. He said tilting her face left, right for any bruises. Is it hurting anywhere else?

She so wanted to answer his question blurting out everything about her, what made her the way she is and she is having hard time to comprehend him the way he is, so different and unique from all the men she had seen in the past.

She nodded NO looking at him meaningfully and he cleared understood she is contemplating to tell something. He cupped her cheek with his right palm and she instantly responded leaning her cheek against his palm seeking the comfort he is offering. It will all be OK. Came his soothing whisper.

She nodded in his palm trusting every letter of his words with her eyes lowered.

Arnav heard Aman's voice and left the room asking her to lie down for sometime.

Arnav closed the bedroom and led Aman to his study as he briefed.

Arnie, the security guy on lobby duty is missing..He was there until 2 hrs ago but now he is not reachable. Nobody knows how the old man got visitor card and entered home.

What did the man say?

That he genuinely came for job and he needed money. Seeing Khushi agitated, he tried to calm her and in the mean time you came.

Where the F* is he? I will slice his tongue for lying.

This all looks like plotted...Whats going on Arnie?

You tell me what's going on? Didnt I tell you what she means to me and How could you leave her when she is... Get out from here Aman before I do something stupid...Arnav was agitated and pushed Aman.

Arnie..yaar..

Do you have any idea what I went through when I saw her struggling a feet away barely hanging onto last string of her life? He pushed Aman and further continued, Any idea how it feels when a woman who stood infront of me ferociously at one time, today trembled like a leaf holding my shoulder for support?

Arnie..Sorry Yaar. It wont happen again.

Where the hell were you Aman? If I were few mins late...

Sorry yaar...Please maaf kardo..

Chal.. Tu jaa..I am not angry with you, I am disgusted with myself. Arnav said raking his hands in his hair in frustration.

It was not your fault Arnie. I promised I should have taken better care.

Chod..Not your fault either...You better go. Its getting late for you. I will see you tomorrow. Arnav tried to leave.

Arnie.. Please...

Its not your fault Aman. I am just...

Just what? Aman came around to face him.

I..I just..I dont think I can afford to lose her Aman. She is becoming more important than she already is.

Aman smiled at his friend's innocence. He had been through that stage of falling in love, so he knows what Arnav must be feeling. He grinned thinking its only going to get worse my friend. She will be fine as long as you are there for her. Aman gave him friendly hug asking, Are you sure you guys are going to be OK?

Yeah dont worry. We need to hire new security..I dont trust these people. We need to come up with something else. Lets do that tomorrow. And also I want someone to keep an eye on that man..I will decide what to do with him after hearing Khushi.

You got it...See you.. Take care of her.

Arnav nodded walking Aman to the door.

Remembering her father's words, Khushi dialed Bua to enquire about her mother. She probed indirectly and learnt that Madhumati spoke to her mother this afternoon and she is all well. Khushi's suspicion came true, he came for money but she wondered if Buaji wasnt the one who told Khushi's whereabouts, who must have told her. Noone but Bua and Payal knows where Khushi is. She wondered who is behind this. Her head reeled and she cupped her forehead in sharp pain as the past and the painful night started tormenting her. She turned off the lights, drew her knees closer to her abdomen feeling scared and insecure after many years.

Arnav entered the room and turned on the lights asking her to get up to eat something. She sat up straight refusing to eat.

Looking at her distressed state, he came up with a plan and made few calls. He grabbed a shawl for her and he quickly freshened up and changed into pullovers.

Come lets go. He gave her his hand grabbing his wallet and phone.

She quietly stood up without asking the details. Thats surprised him and his heart swelled up in pride for the immense faith she showed with simple silence.

As he took step forward, she said determinedly, Let me walk...and he didnt force her considering the state she is in. She clutched onto his arm and walked out of their home holding onto each other.

As they stood infront of the majestic enormous vehicle in black and white zebra streaks, Khushi gasped wondering what he is upto.

Bus? Are we going out of town, she asked perplexed.

RV..Its called Recreation Vehicle..Come lets go for a ride. Curving his lips, He asked for her hand stepping onto the footboard.

She gave her hand but struggled to balance herself on one foot. He stepped down to her level and scooped her up in his arms saying, learn to let me do my duty...

He carried her into the giant place which looked like home away home. She had never seen a home built inside a vehicle. She heard vanity vans for celebrities but this looked like a complete house with kitchen, bedroom as in a house from an alien world.

He settled her on dusty white leather and intercom the driver his go ahead.

He opened the shutter of the windows and gestured her to sit by the window tying the apron behind his back.

Kya kar rahe ho aap? [What are you doing?] She tried to get up to stop his plans...

Shut Up and Sit..He pushed her down to her seat...

I will d..

Khushi I said Shut up..Look through the window and relax. He commanded turning on the music and drawing the screens for privacy from the driver.

She stared at the enigma in front of her whisking something at hand and pouring it on hot griddle.  The song Aye-dil-e-nadan played mirroring her feelings as she stared at him with her hooded eyes. She is overwhelmed with everything he is doing for her and how her life is changing drastically only for the better. She clearly understood that part today, its all happening for better..there is no room for worse anymore. Does that mean she is going to be in blissful world of Arnav Singh Raizada. Does that mean all her tough days are over? She got scared fearing if this is all short lived.

aye dila-ye-naadaan aye dila-ye-naadaan

OH MY IMMATURE HEART,

aarajoo kyaa hain, justajoo kyaa hain

WHATS YOUR DESIRE?. WHAT ARE YOU SEEKING?,

hum bhatakate hain, kyon bhatakate hain dashta-o-seharaa mein

I'M WANDERING. WHY AM I WANDERING IN THIS WILDERNESS?,

ayesaa lagataa hain, mauj pyaasee hain apane dareeyaa mein

IT SEEMS TO ME THAT, THE WAVE IS THIRSTY IN THIS WHOLE OCEAN,

kaisee ulazan hain, kyon ye ulazan hain

WHAT IS THIS ENIGMA?, WHY IS THIS ENIGMA?,

yek saayaa saa, rubaru kyaa hain

LIKE A SHADOW, WHAT IS PRESENT IN FRONT OF ME?

The feeling of having someone worry about you gives you immense satisfaction and ultimately becomes a driving force to live for that one person. And before you know it that person becomes the most important being on earth and you would do anything & everything to be with that person. And thats exactly Khushi felt, she would be a fool to spoil the golden relation at hand.

Plating the bread, jam, and eggs, he cocked his eyebrows questioningly and she smiled promising herself to create memories with him. Memories that will last for lifetime. And she is going to give everything this man wants from her.

Thats all I know...Hope you dont mind. He said seating across the small table for two.

She smiled assuringly, Thank you.

The next song Hume tumse pyaar kitna, yeh hum nahi jaante..started playing while they munched on their first bite..

Arnav found the lyrics a little too disturbing and effective for the first time. The song is one of his favorites but never made such impact as it is doing right now. Khushi made every effort to look anywhere else but him and gulped water to calm her nerves stirred mercilessly by the lyrics.

tumhe koee aaur dekhe, to jalataa hain dil

if someone else looks at you , then my heart hurts

badee mushkilon se fir, sanbhalataa hain dil

with very great difficulty, my heart comes in control

kyaa, kyaa jatan karate hai, tumhe kyaa pataa

what consequenses do I go through, you don't even know

hume tumse pyaar kitna, ye hum naheen jaanate

how much I love you, I don't know

magar jee naheen sakate, tumhaare beenaa

But I can not live without you

He lifted his eyes from his plate and looked at her who happened to look at him the same time. She looked away immediately unable to hold onto his piercing gaze. The thoughts that raked through his mind these 2 days are pouring out in those words. He couldnt take his eyes off of her. The pearl white light from the sky peeking through clear windows, flaunted her thick eyelashes that beautifully lowered and lusciously fluttered tad nervously. He is amazed at himself for noticing her every bit so carefully which he never done before with any girl. The wonder moment was soon broken as she lifted her lashes, her eyes filled with nothing but pain and distress.

Safe journey, Are you OK, Eat well These are the words he often heard from Nani but the same words started making huge difference with impeccable meaning when they came from the person who is slowly crept into his heart. He smiled away at his own mind who is relentlessly thinking about the same person again and again.

Like every other night, they sat opposite to each other eating in silence stealing glances once in a while listening to the music that said every word they wanted to convey to each other.

Once again he didnt allow her to help him as he cleared off the table.

She settled on the couch while he sat on the recliner opposite to her, both gazing the dark night in silence. The only sound they could hear is the beating of their hearts.

Are you going to brush aside my words as my insecurities and baseless if I share something? She asked looking out the window without looking at him fearing that he will get to see the vulnerable side of her.

I never thought you as timid, so my answer is NO. He said in no nonsense tone.

With drooped shoulders, and she looked at him in surprise and instantly lowered her eyes focusing on her fidgeting hands, My father never held my hand and taught me to walk. She looked up at him to find him staring at her with undivided attention; who else would know the pain behind that statement other than the MAN himself.  But he put on blank face not revealing the similar take of his life.

And she continued looking into his eyes, You are the first man who held my hand and led my walk. She gulped the lump starting to form in her throat.

His eyes trailed the swallow in her throat. Grabbing the water for her, he sat next to her. She refused to drink. Keeping it aside, he held her hand caressing the back of her hand with his thumb encouraging her to speak.

While his eyes were fixed on her vulnerable face, she looked down depressed and defeated.

He never wanted a girl child. From the moment I was born he always loathed me. He did everything he could to get rid of me. As I grew to an year old baby, I was told my skin started changing to lighter tone and facial features no where resemblance to my parents. He accused my mother having affair to other men and that I was born as...She stopped unable to call herself as bas*ard.

His jaw tightened and his muscles hardened in ire...You dont have to do this now Khushi.

She ignored his statement with the urge to share her bitter past, Months passed, years passed but the same routine. I was not allowed to come infront of him. But he always pulled some stunts and everytime I ended up being infront of him giving him many reasons to lash out on me. Screams turned to beatings, and then to cigarrette burns, to firewood burns. I was able to tolerate screams and beatings but those burns were painful, very painful. She shook in tremors as the same fear of burns engulfed her and pulled her saree to her calves revealing the scars.

Arnav's eyes glistened with moistness and closed his eyes in pain unable to imagine what she must have had gone through. Arnav pulled her into bone crushing hug...I am sorry...I am sorry you had to go through so much...

No dont be...It was my fate and no one is responsible. She pulled herself out of his embrace. I pleaded but he never listened to me or my mother. Then one day he brought along an old man in 60s and sold me for 1000Rs. All my mother could do was just stand and cry. I wish my mother was strong enough to leave him. But she chose him over me and sent me away that night giving me 100rs, train ticket, and address to Bua's house. If I think about it, that's the only thing she did right in her life. Ever since I was born I hated Men. I thought all they knew is to screw women until I met someone who changed my life over night. She looked up at him referring him.

His eyes contracted in anger ready to see her father dead but held himself composed for her. Cupping her one cheek he caressed her jaw with her thumb as she continued.

I am never used to such tenderness and stubborn care. I have always been the tomboy dressed in churidhar suits...I always ran around managing the house like how a man does. You started making me feel like I am woman, like I am wanted... You started replacing my every bitter moment with your silly threats.

I am not going to ask you Why you are doing all these as the question seems very immaterial now. But can you tell me if all these are true? Whatever is between us, is it going to be permanent? Could you make sure I dont be in position where I was 15 years ago? She asked breaking the shield of an arrogant woman and transforming into a vulnerable insecure woman who is ready to handover her life to the only man she fell in love with.

Khushi, he took her both hands in his. I really admire the woman in you.  Humility is your pride, your strength and your weakness.

When you first stepped into my house, I had many reasons with intention to make you stay just for few days. But if you ask me now, the only reason you are in my house even today and going to be for life is because you are Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada, because you are my wife, because you are Khushi. Your go-getter attitude, your compassion towards your family, your never-say-die approach to life unlike other women who takes back seat as doormats, is what forced me to marry you, not your Buaji, your business, our fights nor those photographs. I married you because you are KHUSHI who fought me relentlessly giving run for my money. I do not know what this relation holds for us but I wish to explore whats between us. I wish to take it a day at a time. And I promise to give my 100% if you think you can handle me. He asked the last part with mischievous glint in this eyes.

She smiled feeling content and nodding her approval as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and they both sat watching the night sky travelling along with them in utmost peace and serenity, entering together this time into another chapter of their life.

Phew...So...Hows it?