**Rabir FF: True Love 2 - DISCONTINUED

nividances thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Thread 2? I never imagined it would happen. This story was originally supposed to end in 10-12 parts but now I've written 55 and I still don't have a specific ending in mind.

Thank you to everyone who has read this story, the silent readers as well, and showered it with likes and comments. 

A special shout out to the friends I have made, the amazing girls that comment on nearly every single part without fail. If it wasn't for you guys encouraging me, I don't think I would have made it this far.

Kelly, Nurit, Bennu, Sharlene, Poonam, Selina. 🤗 

You have all made this journey more beautiful and well worth the effort. 😊

Edited by nividances - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nividances thumbnail
crtkelly thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: nividances

Thread 2? I never imagined it would happen. This story was originally supposed to end in 10-12 parts but now I've written 55 and I still don't have a specific ending in mind.

Thank you to everyone who has read this story (thank you to the silent readers as well) and showered it with likes and comments. 

A special shout out to the friends I have made, the amazing girls that comment on nearly every single part without fail. If it wasn't for you guys encouraging me, I don't think I would have made it this far.

Kelly, Nurit, Bennu, Sharlene, Poonam. 🤗 

👏👏 True Love Thread - Part Deux - woo hoo!!!!! Hey just don't treat us like the movies and split the last part into two more threads, a la Twighlight/ Hunger Games/ etc!
😆
Congrats Nivi...keep writing!
nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: crtkelly

👏👏 True Love Thread - Part Deux - woo hoo!!!!! Hey just don't treat us like the movies and split the last part into two more threads, a la Twighlight/ Hunger Games/ etc!

😆
Congrats Nivi...keep writing!

Thank you Kelly! 😃
RaBir thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Congrats for thread 2 Nivs!
I proud of u. Too sweet u are.
Post new update soon. I waiting.
Aarti.1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hi Nivi!
I typed out responses to each of the chapters in a word document but it was mistakenly deleted this morning when I was cleaning out my hard drive of excess junk. I therefore apologize for not being able to give you my analysis that you had mentioned you liked reading. I have caught up completely and I have to commend you on some chapters that were noteworthy. The analogy to the birds was great, the revelation of the Tripathi family's truth was great, the father-son reconciliation was great, the engagement was great, the fight was tense and appropriate, and lastly, the entire chapter 55 took my breath away with how beautifully it was composed. There are of course more things from each update that I would have loved to write an essay about but I think you get the sense of how much I enjoyed reading the story thus far. You my dear have an amazing talent and I think it has flowered even more beautifully in the last 20 or so chapters that you have written. I am ecstatic that I am all caught up to your updated chapters but I hate that I will now have to wait for you to post each update and I won't just be able to move on as soon as I finish reading. I will certainly be giving you my essay comments so if that entices you to post each update quickly I can happily write you a book. I am waiting to see how you resolve this fight. Also, I don't know if you have planned this or not but will the Garg aunts be making a return at all? Congratulations on the second thread and I wish you lots more success in the future as well. Good luck and keep writing.

Best,
Aarti
nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaBir

Congrats for thread 2 Nivs!
I proud of u. Too sweet u are.
Post new update soon. I waiting.

Thank you Poonam. 😳
Posting the next chapter in a few minutes. 😊
nividances thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aarti.1

Hi Nivi!
I typed out responses to each of the chapters in a word document but it was mistakenly deleted this morning when I was cleaning out my hard drive of excess junk. I therefore apologize for not being able to give you my analysis that you had mentioned you liked reading. I have caught up completely and I have to commend you on some chapters that were noteworthy. The analogy to the birds was great, the revelation of the Tripathi family's truth was great, the father-son reconciliation was great, the engagement was great, the fight was tense and appropriate, and lastly, the entire chapter 55 took my breath away with how beautifully it was composed. There are of course more things from each update that I would have loved to write an essay about but I think you get the sense of how much I enjoyed reading the story thus far. You my dear have an amazing talent and I think it has flowered even more beautifully in the last 20 or so chapters that you have written. I am ecstatic that I am all caught up to your updated chapters but I hate that I will now have to wait for you to post each update and I won't just be able to move on as soon as I finish reading. I will certainly be giving you my essay comments so if that entices you to post each update quickly I can happily write you a book. I am waiting to see how you resolve this fight. Also, I don't know if you have planned this or not but will the Garg aunts be making a return at all? Congratulations on the second thread and I wish you lots more success in the future as well. Good luck and keep writing.

Best,
Aarti

Hey Aarti! Aww, I'm sad that I won't get to read your thoughts. 😭
Glad that you have finished catching up to all 55 parts...a sizeable feat since I know some of the chapters were quite long. 👏 
Thank you so much for the kind words. I love the comment that my writing has improved because there is truly no better compliment than that...so thank you thank you thank you! 😳 

Yes, if you promise to give me analytical essays for every part, I can promise to try and update as quickly as possible. 😉
I have some interesting things planned so I hope that they will keep you engaged. 
The next part will be posted in a few minutes. 😊
nividances thumbnail

Chapter 56:

"Talk." The insistent firmness in Sneha's voice uncorked Rachna's emotions, allowing them to flow out as words.

"How could he say that I'm blind to everything besides my own feelings? I've seen how adoringly he watches any child that crosses in front of him and how happy he is when he is playing with kids. He and I together make us, but that doesn't make the family that he and I have dreamed of. I'm thinking only about his happiness in all this. Why doesn't he understand that?"

Her tear ducts were barren, the sadness in her voice shifted at some point into simmering anger at the menacing accusations that she had just been painted with. Sneha reached out and placed a hand on Rachna's shoulder, a touch of reality.

"Gunjan was born eight years into my marriage, when I least expected it, in fact when I had even stopped hoping for it. Akash and I had gotten married right around the time when Shail didi announced that she was pregnant with you. At that point, Akash and I were both young; we had just finished up with our respective internships and started working, so having kids was the last thing on our minds. A few years later though, I was watching you and Pihu grow up and the desire to be a mother began to develop in my heart. Akash agreed too because he had always loved kids; in fact, he was all set to start his internship in pediatrics when he was offered a last moment place in the cardiology department that he decided to accept. We tried for a long time but nothing; it was devastating for me to keep seeing the negative tests every month, particularly because I hated the disappointment that appeared on Akash's face. I was ready to do anything...pay any amount of money, give up my degrees and my career, anything...just so I could give him the happy news that we were going to bring our own child into this world. With time though, I came to accept that you and Pihu were no less than my own daughters, and that I didn't have to drive myself crazy about having a baby of my own. It was one of the toughest decisions of my life to give up the thought of getting pregnant, but I delved deeper into my career and focused on Akash and I as couple to take my mind off of the matter. And within the next year, I got the confirmation that I was pregnant with Gunjan."

Rachna's expression softened as she heard her aunt's story. "You never told me that before Sneha mausi. I didn't know you went through all that."

"Why did I tell you all this now though Rachna? I want you to know that you're not wrong. Wanting to have a child of your own is a desire that everyone has at some point in their life, but Kabir is not wrong either beta. He loves you more than anything else in this world. Yes, I agree that he must want kids as well. But somewhere along the line, don't you think you've channeled your grief over the miscarriage into an obsession to have a child of your own, which is why you are noticing Kabir's love for children and perhaps overlooking how much you yourself mean to him?"

"He means the world to me as well Sneha mausi, but those were the most hurtful words he's ever said to me."

Sneha nodded understandingly. "I didn't hear all of it, but I heard the last bit, which is perhaps the part that hurt you the most. I'm not going to deny it Rachna; his words were harsh and painful. He did go a bit overboard in what he said. But think about everything that he is trying to deal with; it can't be easy for him. I won't tell you what to do beta, but my advice would be to just talk to him. He really needs you right now."

"He probably doesn't want to even see me after what just happened though. I've never seen him so angry. In fact, we've never fought like that before and never has he left so abruptly like he just did."

"You're lying to yourself with those words Rachna. You know him much better than I do and yet, I can guarantee that he would never avoid you. Even as he was leaving, he was only thinking of you. He told me to make sure you ate something."

Rachna looked up, a glimmer of hope in her eyes. "He did?"

Sneha nodded knowingly. "He also asked me to do something else."

"Something else?"

"He asked me to find the girl that he fell in love with. She's lost, he told me."

Clouds of confusion filled Rachna's eyes. "I...I don't..."

Sneha pulled out the paper that had fallen from Kabir's pocket while he was leaving and read its contents aloud.

"She's the girl that has a few best friends and doesn't need anyone else, the girl that laughs the hardest at her own jokes, the girl that could talk all day and still not get tired. She's the girl that does too much for others, expects too little in return from them. Doesn't care what anyone thinks, and is nice to everyone. She's the girl that's not afraid to take the harder path, the girl that doesn't back away from challenges. She's the kind of girl that's not afraid to stand out from the crowd, not afraid to fight for her dreams. She's the girl that will hang up on you, but then call you right back and say sorry, the girl who will never leave your side when you need her, the girl who will go out of her way to cheer you up. She's the girl who never sleeps without a teddy bear by her side, the girl who says she isn't ticklish, but really is. She's the girl who believes in loving somebody forever. And I'm the guy lucky enough to have been chosen as her somebody."

Sneha handed the paper over to her niece, who had tears glistening in her eyes and a lump of guilt building in her throat. Rachna ran her hands over the written words, feeling the bumps on the page where her husband had pressed too hard with his pen, tracing the slanted letters that were characteristic of his handwriting. A few tears brimmed over her eyelid and fell onto the paper, smudging the black ink slightly; Rachna wiped away them away carefully, clutching the paper in her hands, as she hugged it tightly to her chest.

"I guess this is what he was working on while he waited for me this morning. He called me yesterday and asked if we could talk, so I arranged to meet him at the coffee shop near the hospital after I finished with my appointments."

-----------------------

Kabir folded the paper that he was writing on and placed it off to one side of the table when he saw Sneha approaching the table where he was sitting.

"Thank you for meeting me. I know that you must have a lot of things to do in preparation for the engagement this evening, but I just wanted to talk to you about something."

Sneha placed a reassuring hand on Kabir's, as she sat down and smiled, nodding with encouragement. "Haan Kabir beta, tell me. What's on your mind?"

"I'm sure you know about everything that has occurred in the past few days with papa and my moth...uh...with papa and...the rest of it."

Kabir looked down, fiddling with the stem of his coffee mug, as he avoided mentioning the details of the recent events.

"Hmmm." Sneha had lots to say, but she held back, wanting to make Kabir comfortable enough in this tricky situation. Kabir remained quiet for a few moments and kept his eyes lowered, struggling not to let the tears fall into his coffee; Sneha patiently waited.

"I'm not going to lie to you. It's a lot for me to take in all at once. But I don't want these bitter truths to dictate and define me. I want to just forgive, forget, and move on as best as I can. I craved for a mother's love my entire life, but I never got it. Thankfully, I've managed to find it now. In you. I know you're Rachna's mausi, but can I please call you ma?"

He finally looked up into Sneha and she saw the tears threatening to tumble out from his eyes, the simple, innocent desire of a child painted on his face. She immediately rose up and walked over to his side of the table, wrapping her arms around him and burying him into the maternal embrace that he had spent all these years longing for. She held him tightly without a word, her actions enough to convince him that she would always be there for him in every way that his own mother had not been.

Sneha returned to her seat after wiping away the tears on Kabir's face and touched a napkin to her face to dry her own tears. They remained at the table, sitting in silence, letting the significance of the moment speak for itself.

Kabir collected his scattered thoughts before he voiced them to Sneha with a pensive resolve.

"Ma, I want to move on and leave all these things behind. Rachna is the best thing that has happened to me and I want to cherish every single moment I have with her. We've been through a lot in our own individual lives, as well as together, but I only want to look ahead from now on at the fresh start that we are about to make. I'm going to try my hardest to push forward because I don't want to pull Rachna back into the past, especially not after the struggle she has been through to finally get over the bitter reality of the miscarriage. I just want this wedding to be filled with so much happiness that not even the slightest trace of sadness is left around."

"Shhh, don't think so much about it. It's good for you to want to do all this and now that you have decided to let go of everything, just move ahead with your decision. It will all fall into place as you go forward."

Kabir nodded his head and gave a soft smile. "Thank you ma."

"You gave me the position of your mother and you're still saying thank you? You have every right to share your feelings and pain with me, but you are not allowed to thank me for anything beta. Got it? Chalo, now enough of these sentimental talks; you know I hate tears."

Sneha gave a playful slap to his hand and Kabir chuckled softly, completely at ease. He fondly glanced towards the paper that he had placed off to the side and smiled serenely.

"What's in that paper Kabir beta?"

Sneha looked at Kabir with a curious gaze, as he just shook his head softly and spoke through his smile. "Nothing much ma; just a bit of a surprise I'm planning."

----------------------------

"He knows you better than you know yourself. Every word on that paper defines you perfectly. Somewhere in all the events that have happened over the past year though, the Rachna described on that paper has gotten lost. She's given up on her dreams that she fought so hard to achieve. Given up on the life she worked so hard to build. Given up on the love that she was lucky enough to find. Given up on herself. I think these words are her husband's way of reminding her of who she really is and how much she is loved. It's up to Rachna now to decide if she wants to come back and reclaim her lost identity."

----------------------------

❤️ Nivi