Originally posted by: Princess.S786

Amazing updates nivi
Just caught up
Loved the photoshoot
πŸ‘

Thanks Selina! Long time no see...hope all is well with you. πŸ˜Š
nividances thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I had no intention of posting anything of this sort ever, but a rather nasty, viciously worded, and completely unwarranted PM sent me off the edge this evening. I contemplated for a bit about whether or not I should even bother addressing the situation and what the best way to do so would be. After a lot of deliberation, I thought it best to address the matter publicly to dissuade any such situations from arising in the future. I apologize to all of you who have no idea what this is about and are unnecessarily being subject to my rant. Largely, it isn't even something that you should be concerned with. To the "silent readers" who read the story and choose to remain invisible, I have no problem with you. I don't expect to be showered with likes or thrown heaps of appreciation. I am happy with however many people read, like, and comment; I don't expect any of it though. There are a few things that I would like to clarify however.

Firstly, let me state that this is NOT my job. I am not a creative head or script writer or screenplay director at Shakuntalam Telefilms. I am a normal student, living a regular life. I write because I enjoy it. I write about Rabir and post on this forum because I like the fictional couple from the show that I once watched religiously and because other people enjoy reading what I write. But that's it. Writing is my hobby, not my profession, nor is it my first priority at the current moment.

Secondly, I am NOT obligated to post updates on a daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, whatever timely basis. I try to write and post as frequently as is possible for me to handle and balance with the rest of my life. When I was on vacation, I posted multiple times a week. Now that I have classes, exams, etc going on, I can't find time to post as often. I do not at all mind people asking for updates; in fact it brings a smile to my face when I see someone requesting an update. I sometimes try to give a rough estimate of when I plan to give the next update so I can set a timeline for myself. Generally, I try very hard to post when I say I will, but most of the times life happens and I have to push off posting until a later date/time. I don't find this to be a huge deal since I don't think that me not posting an update on time is a life or death situation by any means. The chapter that can be read on Friday at 9pm can just as easily be read on Saturday at 10am. Therefore, I find it completely unwarranted to be called out on "the irregularity and tardiness" of my updates.

Thirdly, I am sorry if the "quality" of my writing is "declining" or "inconsistent." There are some chapters that I manage to write in a matter of an hour, while others take me a few days to complete. I try to be as consistent as possible, but there are just certain ideas and concepts that happen to form at the correct time and hence turn into what were termed "good" updates. I do not sit down and plan out whether I will write a "good" or "bad" chapter. I sit down and write, many times rewrite, until I am satisfied with what I have composed. I agree that I have my own personal set of favorites that I have written, but that doesn't mean that I purposely choose to write something "good" or something "bad." Criticism is one thing, but viciously tearing someone's work apart is a completely different matter; in fact, it is entirely unnecessary and uncalled for. I ask for criticism to improve myself and I am the type of person who takes it very sportingly, but that doesn't mean that you can bash and insult me to complete your vengeful agenda. 

I am sorry for subjecting everyone to this post, but I am truly shocked and deeply hurt after reading that vicious PM. I couldn't just ignore those hateful words. I hope you understand where I am coming from in this post to justify/clarify myself. Thank you.

-Nivi

PS: I will try my level best to post the update tomorrow night (US time), but please don't call me out on my "tardiness" if I don't post until Saturday.
Edited by nividances - 9 years ago
RaBir thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nividances

I had no intention of posting anything of this sort ever, but a rather nasty, viciously worded, and completely unwarranted PM sent me off the edge this evening. I contemplated for a bit about whether or not I should even bother addressing the situation and what the best way to do so would be. After a lot of deliberation, I thought it best to address the matter publicly to dissuade any such situations from arising in the future. I apologize to all of you who have no idea what this is about and are unnecessarily being subject to my rant. Largely, it isn't even something that you should be concerned with. To the "silent readers" who read the story and choose to remain invisible, I have no problem with you. I don't expect to be showered with likes or thrown heaps of appreciation. I am happy with however many people read, like, and comment; I don't expect any of it though. There are a few things that I would like to clarify however.

Firstly, let me state that this is NOT my job. I am not a creative head or script writer or screenplay director at Shakuntalam Telefilms. I am a normal student, living a regular life. I write because I enjoy it. I write about Rabir and post on this forum because I like the fictional couple from the show that I once watched religiously and because other people enjoy reading what I write. But that's it. Writing is my hobby, not my profession, nor is it my first priority at the current moment.

Secondly, I am NOT obligated to post updates on a daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, whatever timely basis. I try to write and post as frequently as is possible for me to handle and balance with the rest of my life. When I was on vacation, I posted multiple times a week. Now that I have classes, exams, etc going on, I can't find time to post as often. I do not at all mind people asking for updates; in fact it brings a smile to my face when I see someone requesting an update. I sometimes try to give a rough estimate of when I plan to give the next update so I can set a timeline for myself. Generally, I try very hard to post when I say I will, but most of the times life happens and I have to push off posting until a later date/time. I don't find this to be a huge deal since I don't think that me not posting an update on time is a life or death situation by any means. The chapter that can be read on Friday at 9pm can just as easily be read on Saturday at 10am. Therefore, I find it completely unwarranted to be called out on "the irregularity and tardiness" of my updates.

Thirdly, I am sorry if the "quality" of my writing is "declining" or "inconsistent." There are some chapters that I manage to write in a matter of an hour, while others take me a few days to complete. I try to be as consistent as possible, but there are just certain ideas and concepts that happen to form at the correct time and hence turn into what were termed "good" updates. I do not sit down and plan out whether I will write a "good" or "bad" chapter. I sit down and write, many times rewrite, until I am satisfied with what I have composed. I agree that I have my own personal set of favorites that I have written, but that doesn't mean that I purposely choose to write something "good" or something "bad." Criticism is one thing, but viciously tearing someone's work apart is a completely different matter; in fact, it is entirely unnecessary and uncalled for. I ask for criticism to improve myself and I am the type of person who takes it very sportingly, but that doesn't mean that you can bash and insult me to complete your vengeful agenda. 

I am sorry for subjecting everyone to this post, but I am truly shocked and deeply hurt after reading that vicious PM. I couldn't just ignore those hateful words. I hope you understand where I am coming from in this post to justify/clarify myself. Thank you.

-Nivi

PS: I will try my level best to post the update tomorrow night (US time), but please don't call me out on my "tardiness" if I don't post until Saturday.

Aww Nivi πŸ€—
No let one bad feel bad much. Tu kyu uski baton par focus kar rhi hai? We love you write like when give. No complain me Nivi. No upset more Nivi. Ignore kar aise stupid people.
Love you Nivi! β€οΈ Be happy only! πŸ˜ƒ
Nuritzur thumbnail

-Nivi

Nivi I understand you dear. Some time I also busy in my own life work, Family and more and don't have time to write my story. Don't worry dear when your update be ready I be here to read it. Don't worry about that kind of person we are there for you.

We love you Nivi. you know you delete and write again and delete and write again but in the end you come with amazing Update. Love you my little Didi πŸ€—
Edited by Nuritzur - 9 years ago
wittydragon thumbnail

-Nivi

OH, NIVI DI. WHO DID THIS DISGUSTING WORK?😑😑😑. AND WHOEVER IT BE, U SHOULDN'T CARE. JUST REMEMBER WE ALL UNDERSTAND U AND WAIT 4 IT UNTIL U GET TIME. AFTER ALL, STUDY COMES 1ST .πŸ˜›πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜Š. WHO SENT U THE PM, SHOULDN'T RAD IT AS SHE CAN'T WAIT 4 IT .  UR FF IS TOO GOOD. JUST UPDATE WHEN U GET TIMEπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜›πŸ˜Š
Divashni thumbnail
Nivs! Cheer up hon! Who givs a damn abt rude obnoxious ppl like tht??? U srsly didnt hav 2 pst this huge long thing 2 clarify urself nd Im sure evry1 else agrees w/ me. Write nd post chaps bc it makes u happy...ppl will always point fingers @ any1 nd evry1 bc they hav nthng bettr 2 do w/ their own lives. 4gt abt it, delete the mssg, nd report the user. πŸ€— β€οΈ
Divashni thumbnail
Since I'm nt home 2 giv u a hug nd cheer u up...here's sumthng 2 make u feel bettr hopefully. C u in 5 more days lovey! Sending lots of sun and hugs ur way frm FL!

Nd cause u luv puppies. Look @ these mushies! 

Edited by Divashni - 9 years ago
crtkelly thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Sent you  a PM Nivi.

nividances thumbnail

Yes I was upset last night after seeing that PM, but thank you to all of you for those words of support and encouragement. I was angry and frustrated when I posted the note yesterday, but I have happily moved on from the incident because I don't feel it necessary to give importance to such people who spread negativity. I hereby use my authority as the author to ban any more discussion about this matter on the thread...the world is too beautiful of a place to let a few bad apples spoil the entire basket.

Hope you all enjoy this update. πŸ˜Š

--------------------

Chapter 63:

Rachna surfed mindlessly through her Facebook news feed while flipping back to her Skype window every few minutes to look at the small circle beside Kabir's name. She was going through the same pictures for the fifth time in a row when she finally turned her head to look at the time. The clock on her bedside table now read 11:30, yet the circle remained white. Sighing, she moved her mouse cursor to the top right of her laptop screen so she could sign out of Skype and head off to bed, but stopped as the circle beside her husband's name changed suddenly from white to green. A few seconds later, an invitation to accept or decline his call popped up with the characteristic beeping ringtone playing in the background.

"I know I'm late but in my defense, I lost track of time as I was finishing up with selecting materials for the Brussels shoot. I saw that you were still online when I finally logged on so I figured I might as well try giving you a ring."

Rachna smiled and let out a soft chuckle after pressing the button to accept the call. Her husband had rambled out the entire paragraph before the video feed displaying his picture had even connected properly.

"Did I ask for such a lengthy explanation?" Rachna could see him grinning once the call finally connected their video feeds.

"I figured I'd give it to you before you had a chance to get started with your complaints."

They laughed together, sharing a joined moment of individual comfort, feeling completely at ease upon finally seeing each other after the busy chaos of their respective day.

"Can I see what you were working on?"

"There's not much to show sweetheart. I was mainly just approving the orders for the fabric, lace, and other necessary materials to have them delivered to the workshop in time so the staff can put everything together and ship it to the client on schedule."

Nodding as she listened, Rachna adjusted her position so she was half-laying down in bed, propping her head up against the headboard with a few pillows. Kabir noticed her stifle as yawn as her eyes drooped tiredly.

"Do you want to head off to sleep?"

"No, I'm fine. Let's talk. Please." Rachna pleaded, eliciting a laugh from Kabir.

"You sound like a child asking daddy to stay up one more hour to finish watching the movie."

Rachna pouted as she threw a pillow at her laptop screen, only causing Kabir to laugh harder and the laptop to fall off of her knees, where she had precariously balanced it, and land on the mattress. She promptly bolted up to a sitting position and picked the machine up, settling down with it again as her husband looked back at her with concern.

"You look really tired Rachna. We can talk more tomorrow. Why don't you sleep now?"

Ignoring the question, Rachna instead changed the topic. "How did everything go today? Sneha mausi was telling me about how well papa ji had arranged the entire event. I hope you're not giving him too much trouble by being busy with your own work. You should help him out so he's not stressed about handling everything by himself."

Kabir's smile faltered for a moment, but he answered without missing a beat, pushing the focus back on her. "Yeah, it was nice. Anyways, what did you do today? Ma mentioned that some of your relatives were arriving."

"Hmm...Raghu mama and his family flew in from California so I picked them up from the airport this afternoon. Then a group of ladies came to sing geets in the evening. Acha, did you sit in on the geets for some time at your place? How many people did papa ji invite for that?"

Kabir looked away, pretending to be occupied with something on his desk, as he replied quickly. "I have to finish all this pending work so I can take off entirely for the wedding and the days after that Rachna. So what are the plans for tomorrow?"

"Not much. I think I will be dragged into practices for the sangeet. Chandni...uh Raghu mama's daughter that is...was ready to start today but thankfully Sneha mausi managed to push it off until tomorrow. Vaise, papa ji told me earlier that Rhea asked him to hire a choreographer for the performances from your side. Is that true?"

"You spoke to him? This evening?" Rachna observed the worry creep up on her husband's face.

"No, we spoke a few days ago. Why? Is everything okay? Should I talk to him now?"

"Yes...uh I mean no...no you don't have to speak with him. But yes, everything is...fine. And what's this about a choreographer?" He attempted to brush off the matter lightly.

"I don't know exactly. Why don't you ask papa ji? Didn't he tell you?"

"Yeah, he might have mentioned it and I just forgot. Anyways, I shipped all the things that you had sent over today with ma. Are there any other boxes that you have left?"

Rachna shook her head silently, continuing to look towards her laptop screen and observe her husband, who seemed to be flustered by her silence.

"Rachna..."

She merely raised her eyebrows in reply to his hesitation, continuing to stare at him expectantly. He sighed heavily after a few minutes and spoke, a trace of annoyance hidden in his voice.

"Karan has already called you I'm sure. That's why you're mentioning papa every time you speak, right?"

"Yes Karan called me."

"Fine, why don't you just go ahead and tell me I was wrong? Tell me that I shouldn't have said what I did. Tell me that I shouldn't have behaved like I did."

Rachna shifted so she was sitting up; completely awake now, not a trace of slumber on her visage.

"Why should I tell you all that?"  Kabir's irritated expression morphed into one of confusion as Rachna continued speaking calmly.

"I don't think you were wrong Kabir. In fact, papa ji should be more understanding and supportive of the decision that we've made."

"Yeah, but I should have told him about our plans earlier." His reply was quiet, but firm.

"He knows now though, so it's fine. It would be wrong of him to expect us to change our plans according to his needs and wants. We can't live according to his expectations."

"Rachna, how can you say that? Papa isn't wrong in what he expects from me. Any father would expect the same from his son. In fact, it was me who went overboard this evening when I unnecessarily took out my anger against Gayatri on him."

Rachna smiled knowingly as Kabir finished speaking. He closed his eyes after a few seconds, as the meaning of his own words sunk in.

"It's like you took the words right out of my mouth Mr. Tripathi."

"Very well played Rachna." Kabir looked back at his wife somberly.

Rachna's expression softened and she spoke with a mellow voice. "You're not wrong Kabir, but papa ji isn't either. You both just need to sit down and talk openly, without getting angry or accusing each other. Nothing can be the same as it was before, but you both can achieve a new type of normalcy and comfort in your relationship."

-----------------------

Saturday, December 20th

Rachna sat on a low-lying stool with her knees bent. She wore a simple cotton chudidaar: a short-sleeved printed green kurta with a contrasting mustard-colored bottom. A soft, gauzy mustard dupatta, with a maroon border to match the embellishments on the kurta, covered her head.

Two bowls, one containing mustard oil and the other holding a thick haldi-chandan paste, were laid out in front of Rachna. Sneha and Akash bent down in front of their niece and began the baan baithana ceremony. Akash took two clumps of fresh grass, one in each hand, and dipped them into the oil. Sneha held his wrists and together, they touched the grass to Rachna's feet, knees, elbows, shoulders, and finally moved up to her cheeks. They then dipped the grass into the haldi-chandan paste and proceeded to apply it to Rachna's body in the same order as before. A group of ladies sat off to the side, singing cheerful bhajans to the beat of the dholak, as Sneha and Akash moved back, and Raghu and Mandira stepped forward to continue. Turn by turn, everyone present in the room performed the ritual, either in pairs or individually, covering Rachna's skin with oil and the haldi-chandan paste.

A similar event was happening concurrently at the Tripathi mansion with Kabir, who sat cross-legged on the floor dressed in a simple white embroidered kurta-pyjama, the sleeves rolled up to expose his forearms.

Prakash completed the ritual with his son, after which a few distant aunts and uncles, as well as some family friends also followed suit. Karan finished off by playfully dumping the remainder of the oil on his brother's head and smearing all of the haldi-chandan paste onto Kabir's face.

--------------------

Rachna sat on the swing in the balcony, freshly showered after the baan baithana ritual, soaking in the warm sunshine, as Sneha stood behind her and brushed through her slightly damp hair. The music playing downstairs drifted up along with loud peals of laughter, as Pihu, Chandni, Gunjan, and a few of Rachna's friends and neighbors practiced their dances for the sangeet.

"I can't believe I'm finally seeing this day Rachna. I remember when you girls were little, you all used to sneak into Shail didi's closet and dress up as brides with her clothes and jewelry."

"And then mummy would find us after a few hours and laugh as she saw us modeling our poorly wrapped sarees and sporting huge bindis on our foreheads."

Sneha chuckled as she finished untangling Rachna's hair. "Hmmm, but now I'll see you dressed up as a real bride just five days from today. And then you'll be off to Benaras afterwards. I don't know how I'll deal with the empty house Rachna. Having you here for the last year has..."

Sneha trailed off, unable to speak with her choked up voice. Rachna stood up and walked around to hug her aunt. "I'll just be a phone call away Sneha mausi. I've already told Kabir that I'm coming to stay with you all for a few days at least once a month. And you can come visit us whenever you want. After all, it's just quick 2 hour flight from Mumbai to Benaras."

----------------------

"Oh come on Sno maasi! How can Rachna not have a bachelorette party before she gets married?"

Sneha looked up from the box that she was wrapping and responded to the question with a cheeky smile. "Because she's not actually a bachelorette Chandni."

Chandni groaned at Sneha's humor, while Rachna chuckled on the side as she cuddled with Tish. The three women and baby sat in the den after dinner, where Sneha wrapped another set of gift boxes and Chandni argued with her about taking Rachna out for a celebration before the wedding.

"Okay fine, a pre-wedding celebratory party then."

"The bride is not supposed to leave the house after the baan baithana rasam Chandni; it's inauspicious. If you want to have some sort of party here at home, I'm fine with that, but nothing outside."

"But Sno maasi, Chaya has already planned everything for the party. It's just going to be some dinner and drinks at a nearby restaurant with a few of Rachna's close friends."

Before Chandni could say anything further, Tish let out a cranky wail. "I think she's tired Chandni, but it doesn't seem like she'll sleep unless you hold her." Rachna placed the toddler into her cousin's lap.

"Let the girls go out and have fun Sneha. Who follows all these ancient superstitions so strictly nowadays?"

Mandira walked into the room, carrying a bottle of warm milk for her granddaughter. Chandni handed Tish over to her mother and looked towards Sneha with anticipation, hoping her mother's words would be enough to convince her aunt.

"I don't know bhabhi. I just don't feel right about sending Rachna out after this ritual."

"So then Chandni do it Sneha's way and just have the party at home. I'm sure the restaurant reservations can be cancelled."

Chandni released her pent up breath disappointedly and nodded with reluctance. "Fine, I'll talk to Chaya and we'll plan to have the party right here at home. All of you have to leave the house for a few hours tomorrow night though. Okay?"

"Exactly what is it that you plan to do that the rest of us have to leave the house?" Sneha asked with curious surprise.

"That's for us to know and you to never find out Sno maasi." Chandni winked and smiled wide as she left the room, dialing Chaya's number on her phone to discuss the changed plans.

------------------

❀️ Nivi

Edited by nividances - 9 years ago
crtkelly thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Okay I haven't even finished the update, but here already!

I had literally written the word touch (ok where's my accented e 🀣)   in an update, and then came to read how Rachna turned the tables on Kabir as it related to  Papa, and all I could say was touch ( you get the point I hope)   Rachna!  Kabir was right with his compliments, Well played for sure RachnaπŸ˜†. Ok going to finish the update, but just had to note that!

And I'm back...

Loved the ritual performed at both homes, very intrigued that further excursions are not encouraged after it, and really keen to see how much frolicking we can expect from these girlsπŸ˜†. 

Very nice Nivi. Looking forward to the next one!

Edited by crtkelly - 9 years ago