BR Chopra's Mahabharat Chat Club # 1| Pg. 78,79(Page 2)

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by sita11

Great lalitha that u formed this chat club !!! Clap 
really RAMANAND SAGARS RAMAYAN & BR CHOPRA'S MAHABHARAT were legendary shows !!!ClapClap

Thanks Sita!Embarrassed

Yes, some of the best mytho shows were the entire Ramanand Sagar's Sampoorn Ramayan, the early part of Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna (until teenage Krishna/Swapnil), and the adult/later part of BRC's Mahabharat (the Krishna Leela episodes were average)!Big smile 

BRC's Ramayan was not much of a hit because he took a lot of the religious aspect out of it(wanting his serial to be different from RS's) and made it more historical (which is not wrong, but there needs to be a scripture feeling to it as well, which it lacked), but I included it in this thread, because BRC deserves praise for it just for depicting the holy epic Ramayan onscreen itself. And there are also people who are fans of BRC's Ramayan, so it's only fair to include it in the title.Embarrassed
0 Likes this
Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

Originally posted by Aradhana87

Wow thank you very much for opening this fan club Lalitha di Big smile

I hope we all will enjoy discussing old mythologicals

You're welcome Aradhana.Smile

And plzzzz don't call me di.Embarrassed

Yup, I too hope this FC will be as famous as the RS ones.Tongue

Okay I wontTongue

Yes I hope the sameBig smile
About BRC Ramayan I think it was good to show other sides of incidents/situations. For instance : Bali behaviour, Ram-Sita bonding and Lakshman getting knowledge from ravan.
I wish they would have showed Uttar Kand as well but I think they lacked positive response thats why Ramayan ended after Ram RajyaEmbarrassed
0 Likes this
Thanks for creating this Lalitha...

I'm sure this thread will flourish and before we know it we will reach 100 pages !!

LOL  this feels like the Mathura-vasis migrating to Dwarka.
So welcome to Dwarka people !!!!
And like the Yadavas, we''ll be happy whereever Krishna (or His discuscussions) resides !!

0 Likes this
Lol Dwaraka... err, BRC MB, here I am!!! I too consider BRC's MB to be a part of the mytho "Holy Trinity" - this, RS Ramayan, and RS Shri Krishna (only the RS part) were the originals which inspired generations of mytho-makers to give us entertainment within our favorite genre. All three were tops when it came to quality in terms of acting, scripts, music, meaning, and accuracy.

Along with all the siggies and pics that will be coming up in this FC, would love if you all shared your fav performances, songs, scenes, etc from this legendary show.

I'll start: Nazneen as Kunti was my fav among actresses, and Nitish as Shri Krishna, Pankaj Dheer as Karn, and Mukesh Khanna as Bhishma were my favs among the actors.

fav cute/funny scenes: the Pandavs' childhood, esp when Bhim comes back "from the dead" 10000 times stronger than before. also, Arjun as his future daughter-in-law's dance teacher during the Agyaat-vaas period.

fav sad scenes: Abhimanyu's death and Yudhishtir struggling to tell Arjun about it after. Also, all the various insults aimed at Karn Cry
Edited by lola610 - 10 years ago
0 Likes this

Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

Wow thank you very much for opening this fan club Lalitha di Big smile

I hope we all will enjoy discussing old mythologicals

You're welcome Aradhana.Smile

And plzzzz don't call me di.Embarrassed

Yup, I too hope this FC will be as famous as the RS ones.Tongue

Okay I wontTongue

Yes I hope the sameBig smile
About BRC Ramayan I think it was good to show other sides of incidents/situations. For instance : Bali behaviour, Ram-Sita bonding and Lakshman getting knowledge from ravan.
I wish they would have showed Uttar Kand as well but I think they lacked positive response thats why Ramayan ended after Ram RajyaEmbarrassed

Yes, I agree. BRC's Ramayan did also have good stuff in it, and lots of lessons to learn from.Smile

Uttar Kand is always a sensitive subject, and esp since BRC did not get a good response from the audience, he prob did not want to give it a try.
0 Likes this
Originally posted by aalochak

Thanks for creating this Lalitha...

I'm sure this thread will flourish and before we know it we will reach 100 pages !!

LOL  this feels like the Mathura-vasis migrating to Dwarka.
So welcome to Dwarka people !!!!
And like the Yadavas, we''ll be happy whereever Krishna (or His discuscussions) resides !!

You're welcome aalochak.

I really hope this thread reaches 150 pages soon too.Big smile

Lol, yeah, we are migrating from Mathura to Dwaraka, but I doubt even Dwaraka was as busy as this forum.LOL I post something, and five minutes later I find it on the 3rd page!Wacko

Welcome to this new CC!
0 Likes this
Originally posted by lola610

Lol Dwaraka... err, BRC MB, here I am!!! I too consider BRC's MB to be a part of the mytho "Holy Trinity" - this, RS Ramayan, and RS Shri Krishna (only the RS part) were the originals which inspired generations of mytho-makers to give us entertainment within our favorite genre. All three were tops when it came to quality in terms of acting, scripts, music, meaning, and accuracy.

Along with all the siggies and pics that will be coming up in this FC, would love if you all shared your fav performances, songs, scenes, etc from this legendary show.

I'll start: Nazneen as Kunti was my fav among actresses, and Nitish as Shri Krishna, Pankaj Dheer as Karn, and Mukesh Khanna as Bhishma were my favs among the actors.

fav cute/funny scenes: the Pandavs' childhood, esp when Bhim comes back "from the dead" 10000 times stronger than before. also, Arjun as his future daughter-in-law's dance teacher during the Agyaat-vaas period.

fav sad scenes: Abhimanyu's death and Yudhishtir struggling to tell Arjun about it after. Also, all the various insults aimed at Karn Cry

My fav characters: Obviously Nitsh as KrishnaClapDay Dreaming, Roopali as Draupadi, Nazneen as Kunti, and Mukesh as Bhishma.

Fav scenes: Pandav's childhood, Draupadi's vastra haran (very sad, but well taken), Bhagwad Gita      
0 Likes this
Here's the vid of one of my fav songs in the show, Kripa Krishna Ki, from when the Shri Krishna and his daau-bhaiya help the Pandavs build Indraprasth. Will do the lyrics and translation in a little bit.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_teO-iDeSo[/YOUTUBE]
0 Likes this