Ramayan

Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan Fan Club!

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago

Dr. Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan, which aired from 1987-1988, was the first ever mythological in the history of television.😃 Becoming quickly popular and earning a place in the Limca Book of Records until 2003, Ramayan caused a standstill in India whenever it aired on Doordarshan. It is the father of the popular Ramayan by Anand Sagar (son of Dr. Ramanand Sagar) currently airing on NDTV Imagine.
Here's the wikipedia entry for Dr. Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan...

Cast:
Arun Govil as Ram Deepika as Sita Sunil Lahri as Lakshman Sanjay Jog as Bharat Arvind Trivedi as Ravan Dara Singh as Hanuman Vijay Arora as Indrajit Sameer Rajda as Shatrughna Mulraj Rajda as Janak Lalita Pawar as Manthara Jayshree Gadkar as Kaushalya Padma Khanna as Kaikeyi Rajnibala as Sumitra
  • Sudhir Dalvi as Vasishta
  • Ramayan is a highly successful[1][2] Indian television series created, written, and directed by Ramanand Sagar. The 78-episode series originally aired weekly on Doordarshan from January 25, 1987, to July 31, 1988, on Sundays at 9:30 a.m. IST.[3]

It is a television adaptation of the ancient Indian religious epic of the same name and is primarily based on Valmiki's Ramayan and Tulsidas' Ramcharitmanas. It is also partly derived from portions of Kamban's Kambaramayanam and other works.

Popularity and Influence

During its original broadcast, Ramayan was enormously popular, drawing over 100 million viewers.[2] Its popularity reached a point where the entire nation of India "came to a virtual stop as nearly everyone who could gain access to a television stopped what they were doing to watch the televised adventures of Rama."[4] In a phenomenon that the newsmagazine India Today dubbed "Ramayan fever," religious services (Hindu and non-Hindu) were rescheduled to accommodate the show's broadcast; trains, buses, and inner-city trucks stopped running when the show was on; and, in villages, hundreds of people would gather around a single television set to watch the show.[2][5]

At the time, Prime Minister of India Rajiv Gandhi stated, "Ramayan has stirred the imaginations of millions of viewers. It has imbibed the great Indian culture, tradition and normal values especially in the young."

While religious-themed films had been produced since the beginning of Indian cinema, Ramayan was the first Indian television series based on religious stories[2] and is widely credited with inspiring the production of many other religious television series, including Mahabharat, Vishwamitra, Buddha, and Sagar's own Luv Kush and Krishna, as well as inspiring the production of historical dramas such as Chanakya and Shyam Benegal's Bharat Ek Khoj.

Ramayan was listed in the Limca Book of Records as the world's "most viewed mythological serial" until June 2003.[6]

Within weeks of the end of the original run of Ramayan, the spin-off Uttar Ramayan (later renamed Luv Kush) premiered on Doordarshan, starring the same cast and production team as Ramayan and continuing the "Ramayana" story into the events following Ram's coronation.

In 2008, a re-make of Ramayan produced by Sagar Arts begain airing on NDTV Imagine.

Running time 35 minutes
    Original channel Doordarshan
    Original run January 25, 1987 ' July 31, 1988
    Followed by Luv Kush
    Country of origin  India
    Language(s) Hindi
    No. of episodes 78
    Edited by godisone - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
    I hope all of you enjoy this Photo Gallery/Fan Club. You are free to post any pics related to this Ramayan, and participate in the discussions Enjoy!😊 

Edited by _LalithaJanaki_ - 15 years ago
    jingjing thumbnail
    Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

image insert karne ke liye neeche diye hue quick reply me right option(arroy) pe click kijiye,fir options me se insert image option(blue one) pe click kijiye,waha par image address paste kijiye(image address ke liye aapko apni image www.tinypic.com me upload karni paregi,upload karne par aapko image address milega)fir ok par click kar dijiye,aapki image upload ho jayegi.

waise mere paas bhi ramanand sagars ramayan ki images hain.

jai shree ram

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
    😛😳Ramanand%20Sagars%20Ramayan  Edited by godisone - 15 years ago
    RamKiSeeta thumbnail
    Originally posted by: jingjing

image insert karne ke liye neeche diye hue quick reply me right option(arroy) pe click kijiye,fir options me se insert image option(blue one) pe click kijiye,waha par image address paste kijiye(image address ke liye aapko apni image www.tinypic.com me upload karni paregi,upload karne par aapko image address milega)fir ok par click kar dijiye,aapki image upload ho jayegi.

waise mere paas bhi ramanand sagars ramayan ki images hain.

jai shree ram

Thanks a lot!😛
    Edited by godisone - 15 years ago
    RamKiSeeta thumbnail
    Arun%20Govil%20as%20Ram
    RamKiSeeta thumbnail
    SitaRam
    RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Luv%20Kush1

RamKiSeeta thumbnail

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
    Hi again! I hope you all enjoyed the photos! I worked hard finding some of them! However, if any of you find more, please please please add them! Thank you!  Edited by godisone - 15 years ago