Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

Thanks! That was super hilarious!!!🤣

Sooooo glad you liked it! So Lola's not loca for watching it over and over 😆 Leave it to RS to make even filler material THAT entertaining 👏

And on a completely opposite note, I listed the "Vidhna twins" among my fav sad songs from our fav shows and was wondering if anyone else thought a certain song from the current JSK sounds at least somewhat inspired by them.

One is "Vidhna tere lekh kisi ki samajh na aate hain", of which there are 3 versions in Ramayan - one at the first exile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=577O2TGbA88 , one when Sita leaves for her second (and IMO the saddest in terms of picturization and lyrics 😭, also the one in Lalitha's animated siggie) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC2QtEAKygg and the third when Ram's thinking about his kids http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtMy2C9nTdc

The "twin" would be the thematically similar (calling fate cruel) but musically very different (both are melodious, but while the Ramayan one is soft and ballad-ish, this one has a bolder, more theatrical sound and really shows off RJain's vocal range) track from Devaki and Vasudev's imprisonment:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp3MGlEGed0[/YOUTUBE]

The Ramayan one has subtitles, so simply listen, read them if needed and weep 😭 The Krishna one doesn't so here's a translation:

Ek Ek Kar Ke Khul Rahe, Bandi Grah Ke Dwaar

The doors of the prison cell open up one by one

Nirdoshon Ke Bhaagya Mein, Likh Diya Kaaragaar!

Into the fate of innocent ones, you've written life in a dungeon

Vidhna Tere Khel Niraale X2

Creator, your games are unique

Bandi Grah Ki Or Chale Hai, Mehlon Ke Rehne Waale!

Those who belong in a palace move towards a dungeon

Haaye Vidhna, Tere Khel Niraale!

Oh creator, your games are unique

Aankh Ke Aage Aankh Ka Taara, Toot Gaya Chhaya Andhiyaara

In front of her eyes, the light of her life was extinguished (literally, star of her eyes fell – shooting star metaphor)

Jisne Udhaaya Sneh Ka Aanchal, Ban Gaya Mamta Ka Hathyaara!

He who had spread over her the cloak of affection, became the murderer of her motherhood

Yeh Kaisa Bhai Jo Behen Ki Kokh Ujaade Daale

What kind of brother destroys his own sister's womb

O Vidhna, Tere Khel Niraale!

Nithur Niyati Ne Ki Man-Maani, Dukh Par Dukh Dene Ki Thaani

Cruel intentions stubbornly prevailed, forcing them into sorrow after sorrow

Par Aise Bhi Kuch Balidaani, Vidhi Se Jinhone Haar Na Maani

But some great ones make sacrifices without being defeated by destiny (not losing hope)

Dharm Se, Pran Se, Apne Vachan Se, Ek Pag Tale Na Taale!

From duties, resolutions, and promises, never do they stray

O Vidhna Tere Khel Niraale!

Bandi Grah Ke Ban Gaye Vaasi, Mehlon Ke Rehne Waale!

Those who deserve a palace are now residents of a dungeon

Though the central concept of both is similar, RJain was able to create original, haunting melodies and and non-repetitive tearjerker lyrics for both - wish he had the time to do the same for NDTV's and didn't water down the poetry for the audience, so we could hear more songs like these.

Question is, is it just me or does the following song from the current JSK - NOT composed by Jain - sound at least somewhat inspired by the two originals listed above? Any thoughts?

2:27ish into this clip, and in several other scenes in the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEX4ZKGvdEM

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks for the lyrics! They really are so moving and touching!😭 And I agree with you about JSK's song...it does sound very similar. I wonder if they can do that...if it's not RJ's creation?
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: lola610

Thanks a bunch for the sweet BRC Ramayan scene Lallikins, and you too Aradhana for the Bramha Vishnu Mahesh 🤗 I agree, both shows had some good points that hint at thier potential to turn out better than they did, had the writing and casting remained consistent with the ones shown in the clips you both provided.

If BRC wasn't so afraid to tap into the "BRC Puran" and give us more scenes that appealed to the heart instead of just the mind, his Ramayan could've been a lot better.

And I agree Aradhana, the Bramha Vishnu Mahesh Sita was pretty decent compared with others in later serials, less filmy-type. I also think Shah Nawaz (yep, our very own Vasudev, plus 30 lbs 😃) made a great, expressive Dashrath - had they only used his pleasant original voice, it would've really been memorable and appreciated by more people. See: [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9bqmgkes44[/YOUTUBE]

IMO neither could come near the "Mytho Holy Trinity", but had potential to be better received than they were.

You are welcome....yes it had potential esp. in the beginning. Same goes for BRC vishnupuran and Ramayan.😃
aalochak thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hi Aalochak! Don't think we've "met", but I'm Lola and I've been hopelessly obsessed with everything RS/RJain practically since birth (lol at how much that sounds like a support group introduction). I 100% agree with your whole post, esp the "soundtrack to my life" comment and having memorized whole songs and dialogues. I too thought I must be crazy till I found Lalitha's FCs - it felt like a long-awaited homecoming 😆 Enjoyed reading about your fav scenes for all diff purposes; RS truly created storehouses of inspiration regarding all possible moods and virtues in Ramayan and Shri Krishna. Can't wait for more of your opinions and insights, and hope you come across ours in the previous pages so we can pick up on those discussions too! Is pagal-khaane mein aapka swagat hai 😆

Thanks Lola.... and Rajnish (I know you posted a welcome message to me somewhere on this BIIIIIIIIIG thread. LOL Why didnt I meet you people when i was younger  !!!!
Yes thanks to Lalitha we all have a home now.
And thanks Lola for your Youtube posts.... those videos are so rare and precious.
I hate it when they edit out scene because they assume us dumb viewers wont appreciate them...
(like Ram's Mithila-bhraman being slashed, and Narad getting Darshan Vasudev and Devki before they marry.... such poignant scenes.
Dunno how you got them Lola but a HUGE GIGANTANORMOUS THANK YOU 😛

Oooh and the "extra " music videos were brilliant... Madhurashtakam, full version of Surdas's song,,  Ram charan sukhdayi, Ram ratan dhan payo, ..... all these were on the VHS. One wud expec t  such extras to be on the DVDs but no cigar !!!! I thought i would never see these ever (after my VHS cassetes all got damaged from overplaying) but thanks to you and Internet.... I'm enjoying them after like a 10 year absence.

Are any of you guys on facebook... I'd like to invite you and maybe start a "support group" there.... since I'm so paranoid that JSK will soon end, and so will this thread...as I just discovered it (Mera bhaagya aisa hi hai... vidhi ka vidhaan LOL😆)
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: aalochak

Thanks Lola.... and Rajnish (I know you posted a welcome message to me somewhere on this BIIIIIIIIIG thread. LOL Why didnt I meet you people when i was younger  !!!!

Yes thanks to Lalitha we all have a home now.
And thanks Lola for your Youtube posts.... those videos are so rare and precious.
I hate it when they edit out scene because they assume us dumb viewers wont appreciate them...
(like Ram's Mithila-bhraman being slashed, and Narad getting Darshan Vasudev and Devki before they marry.... such poignant scenes.
Dunno how you got them Lola but a HUGE GIGANTANORMOUS THANK YOU 😛

Oooh and the "extra " music videos were brilliant... Madhurashtakam, full version of Surdas's song,,  Ram charan sukhdayi, Ram ratan dhan payo, ..... all these were on the VHS. One wud expec t  such extras to be on the DVDs but no cigar !!!! I thought i would never see these ever (after my VHS cassetes all got damaged from overplaying) but thanks to you and Internet.... I'm enjoying them after like a 10 year absence.

Are any of you guys on facebook... I'd like to invite you and maybe start a "support group" there.... since I'm so paranoid that JSK will soon end, and so will this thread...as I just discovered it (Mera bhaagya aisa hi hai... vidhi ka vidhaan LOL😆)

Don't worry Aalochak, these threads will NEVER end! JSK is not going to end any time soon, and even if it does, the forum will go on for 4-5 months at least, by which time we can start FC2 somewhere else. And these threads do not have to be forum dependent, because once all the mytho shows end, we can start our FCs in the Chat Clubs! The Chat Club forum is one of the "immortal forums", meaning it'll never close down as long as IF is alive, so if worst comes to worst, we can reopen the FCs in CC Forum!😃 But no, I don't have facebook. I spend enough time as it is on IF that I don't think I'll have time to manage a facebook account as well.😆

Why don't you come to the Ramananad Sagar's Ramayan FC? We have tons of discussions on Ramayan there as well. Do you want the link?
aalochak thumbnail

Yep the original tunes were countable in NDTV's Ramayan (the only one that stands out as completely original is the Gauri Pooja song); most were the same as Shri Krishna/Orig. Ramayan with simpler, less poetic and archaic lyrics so today's saas-bahu audience could understand them. Like Kaikeyi's song of remorse, a huge favorite of mine in the original Ramayan for the unique, folksy instrumentation and Padma Khanna's expressions:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5PUN3z91Ec[/YOUTUBE]
And the knockoff he did for NDTV's version, with less artsy, more conversational lyrics and less organic instrumentation 😔

Totally agree... alot of recycled tunes !!!
Even the Gauri Puja song u mentioned was a recycle of another Gauri Puja song... one by Rukmini in RSSK.... listin from 1:50... Gauri gaurangi maiya was the original song from RSSK which also had an Arti tune in it... The Arti tune was dropped, recycled and used for "Jagadame Jagakalyani" in NDTV Ramayan.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu0024rrZUs[/YOUTUBE]

Oh yes and I absolutely dig the original Kaikeyi song of remorse... the folksy instruments and the folksy almost-Bhojpuri lyrics 😉!
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Totally agree... alot of recycled tunes !!!

Even the Gauri Puja song u mentioned was a recycle of another Gauri Puja song... one by Rukmini in RSSK.... listin from 1:50... Gauri gaurangi maiya was the original song from RSSK which also had an Arti tune in it... The Arti tune was dropped, recycled and used for "Jagadame Jagakalyani" in NDTV Ramayan.

Oh yes and I absolutely dig the original Kaikeyi song of remorse... the folksy instruments and the folksy almost-Bhojpuri lyrics 😉!

I was just about to mention the Gauri Pooja song! NDTV may have changed it a bit, but there's still no originality to it.

The only song I felt was original was the Ram Katha Hanuman sang in Ashoka Vatika: can some one tell me if a song with a similar tune was in RS Shri Krishna? Because I know for sure that it was not in Ramayan.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwnfns8WTws[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by _LalithaJanaki_ - 14 years ago
aalochak thumbnail
Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

I was just about to mention the Gauri Pooja song! NDTV may have changed it a bit, but there's still no originality to it.

The only song I felt was original was the Ram Katha Hanuman sang in Ashoka Vatika: can some one tell me if a song with a similar tune was in RS Shri Krishna? Because I know for sure that it was not in Ramayan.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwnfns8WTws[/YOUTUBE]

Sowi to disappoint u Lalitha.... but even the Hanuman Ashok Vatika song was a rip off of RSSK 's "Gyan tiharo Adho Adhuro" which theGopis sang to Uddhav :

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGI_1vPdbC0[/YOUTUBE]

Oh and thanks for the reassurance bout the forums !
Edited by aalochak - 14 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Sowi to disappoint u Lalitha.... but even the Hanuman Ashok Vatika song was a rip off of RSSK 's "Gyan tiharo Adho Adhuro" which theGopis sang to Uddhav :

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGI_1vPdbC0[/YOUTUBE]

Oh and thanks for the reassurance bout the forums !

Lol, I'm not disappointed, and not surprised either.😆 Thanks for the link...I haven't seen the entire SK serial, just a major amount of it, so I've still to get acquainted with all the great songs and scenes.😃
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Here's a beautiful song where Uddhav finally understands what true love is when he sees Radha and Krishna surrounded by the Gopis.😍 Swapnil looks so serene and Krishna-like in this song and the girl who plays Radha (the 1st Radha before Shweta Rastogi) is really pretty as well. She actually looks a looooot like Shweta, I was confused at first.😆

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YMQPosEtM4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]