Articles on Ronit Roy

Articles on Santu and Asiya

Others

Edited by ammoos - 13 years ago
Nishtha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 15 years ago

Our Serials--Lets Introspect !

What our serials are showing and what are latest trends, Aren't they responsible towards society and Nation? ...

Edited by Nishtha - 15 years ago
~Wicked~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
There is a tellybuzz article regarding Bandini. Here is the link:

First Week Review - Bandini

First Week Review - Bandini 55

Let's see what the other show from Balaji Telefilms launched last week on NDTV Imagine has to offer...

Please go and posts comments there guys.

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Abigal sister to debut on TV

Don't forget to leave your comments on Telly Buzz.
sweet_shagun thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Ronit Roy's new found love...

Ronit Roy sports a fully grown moustache for his role in NDTV Imagine's Bandini...

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
The new politicians - TV stars!

With Raju Srivastav set to contest the elections, we pick telly stars who we would like to see join politics.

After Smriti Irani contested in the Loksabha election last year in Delhi, Raju Srivastav will be contesting in the upcoming Loksabha election in Allahabad this year. So with telly actors turning politicians, we take a look at few stars who we would like to see contesting in the elections soon.

Ronit Roy

His image as a perfect husband and father will surely help actor Ronit Roy contest in the elections. Being the strong and silent type, Ronit is an ideal choice because he has absolutely no controversy to his name- this will surely help him gain a good amount of votes. Though, we feel that if he were elected, loyal Ronit would still stick to his old bunch of pals such as Ekta Kapoor- not a good career move at all.

Link http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/February/News_20090220_110
ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Ronit Roy turns director

He is directing as well as acting in Bandini

Ronit Roy could give lessons in multitasking. He owns a security agency, is a producer and TV actor. Now, he has turned director. Ronit is not only the lead actor but also the director of Ekta Kapoor's show, Bandini.

Since the past few months, Ronit had been telling Ekta that he wanted to direct a TV show. "But since Ekta needed him more as an actor, she kept evading the subject," our source said.

Explaining how Ronit finally fulfilled his dream of directing a show, our source revealed, "Bandini was earlier being directed by Santaram Verma, who was later asked to direct another Balaji show. Kaushik Ghatak was brought in place of Santaram Verma but he too opted out as he got an offer to direct a film. That was when Ekta got Ronit to direct Bandini."

A Balaji official confirmed and said, "Yes, Ronit has been directing Bandini. He has started directing the show since the past few days and is doing a fabulous job."

Ronit too confirmed the story. He said, "I had taken training in direction sometime ago. I wanted to turn director since a long time. It's finally happening now." When asked if he intends to continue directing, Ronit said, "I would love to."

Now that he is directing the show, won't his role be reduced? "Shubh shubh bolo. It's not difficult to direct your own scenes," added Ronit.

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

What will Santo's decision be?

Will Santo manage to bring justice to her Maavdi's gruesome demise?? Catch the special episode of Bandini on March 25th ...

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Asiya of Bandini prepares for her exams

The young and innocent Santo of Bandini (NDTV Imagine), played by Asiya, has garnered enormous praise from viewers. Within just four months, she has become a household name. And while shooting for the serial, the hardworking actress is also studying for her college exams.

"MY exams started on Tuesday," says Asiya, who is in Standard 11 and is doing Arts. She adds, "I carry my books to the sets and study during the breaks. My brother helps me with my lessons and the production people too are too very cooperative. I give about 4-5 hours a day to my studies."
Asiya's mother talks about her daughter's busy routine, saying, "Asiya shoots overnight and then, in the morning, she goes home and rests. When she wakes up, she studies for some time and then again in the evening, she is back to work."

Although Asiya is not able to attend her lectures at college regularly, she says that she does not find it difficult to cope with her studies. She says, "When I go to college, my friends help me by giving me their notes. They also clear my queries if I have any so there has never been any problem that way."

Since her show began, life has changed completely for the Bandini lead actress. She says, "It has changed to a great extent… pehle main sabki dost banana chaahti thi, aaj sab mujhe apna dost bananaa chahte hain." The actress doesn't even miss her friends. She adds, "I have discovered a beautiful family here on the sets. I am very close to my onscreen mother-in-law; we share a mother-daughter relationship."

Asiya is extremely happy and flattered by the responses she has received so far for Bandini. She says, "It has been wonderful till now. Even my relatives love my work. On the sets too, everyone praises me. They all help me acting wise. I am being pampered by everyone on the sets."

Talking about the concept of the show, Asiya says, "I've heard of many cases of child marriages and of girls getting married at a very young age. I feel that when certain things are in your fate, they will happen… the only thing you can do is have the courage to face such problems."

Bandini airs every Monday to Friday at 10pm on NDTV Imagine.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090327_135