Ronit; I am driven by instinct..

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago

I am driven by instinct in life

RONIT ROY, actor

Couch potatoes have loved him as Mihir in Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thiand Mr Bajaj in Kasauti Zindagi Kay. But Ronit Roy doesnt take the being famous thing too seriously because he feels its an outcome of being on TV every day.

WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR GREATEST CHALLENGE IN LIFE?

THERE are too many to count and I dont know which one is the greatest. Ive dealt with a failed marriage, had to stay away from my kids, and battled alcoholism and poverty.

WHAT WAS MOST CHALLENGING FOR YOU AS A CHILD?

Actually, I had an easy childhood. My parents were wonderful people who ensured that I had to face no challenges as a child.

ARE YOU A PLAYER OR A STAYER?

I cannot play games just to create an opportunity for myself. But then, I guess I have learnt to be a combination of both traits in all these years.

WHAT WAS THE DEFINING MOMENT WHEN YOU KNEW YOU WERE FAMOUS?

When your face appears every day on TV you automatically become famous. Its a gradual process. I wouldnt want to seek a defining moment, however, because I am still in doubt about my success. I prefer not to take the being famous thing very seriously.

WHAT IS YOUR IDEA OF HEAVEN?

The happiness that I get when I am with my kids is bliss. Simply watching them grow is my idea of heaven.

ARE YOU AN OPEN BOOK WHEN IT COMES TO EMOTIONS?

I cant hide my emotions. My eyes well up instantly if I am sad. Similarly, I cant stop smiling if I am happy.

WOULD YOU CALL YOURSELF AN INSTINCTIVE ACTOR OR A METHOD ACTOR?

I am driven by instinct in life and have never been to acting school. So, whatever I do in front of the camera is driven by pure instinct. I am yet to understand what method acting is all about and in many ways I am glad its that way for me.

WHAT MOVIE COMES TO YOUR MIND WHEN YOU THINK OF YOUR CHILDHOOD? WHY?

More than any movie, the one word that comes to mind is Dhishum. As a kid I only watched Amitabh Bachchan films. So, the image of all his action films comes to mind when I think of my childhood.

WHAT TURNS YOU ON IN LIFE?

Anything that inspires me to work harder turns me on.

RESPECTED ACTOR, SOMEWHAT LESS SUCCESSFUL, OR SUPERSTAR, SOMEWHAT LESS RESPECTED AS ACTOR?

I would like to be a respected human being first. Then, I want to be respected as a professional.

IS THERE REALLY SUCH A THING AS SCREEN CHEMISTRY?

Yes there is. I can talk of the chemistry I shared as Mr Bajaj with Shweta Tiwari, who played Prerna in Kasauti Zindagi Kay. The show lasted for eight years and even today people watch the re-runs.

DO YOU HAVE ANY REGRETS? I never have any regrets in life. DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD?

I connect with God through meditation. I meditate whenever I can — at work between shoots, at home and even when I am travelling.

RICH AND FAMOUS, OR POOR AND ANONYMOUS?

I havent yet reached that stage in life where I can magnanimously say that I want to be poor and anonymous. So, its rich and famous for me as of now.

WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR GREATEST MOMENT OF DESPERATION?

The birth of my daughter Aador was a moment of desperation since we almost lost her. The doctors struggled for around five hours to save her.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RonitPallaviNR thumbnail
HEHE amazing article Sukhs...Guddi is gonna be very happy reading this one...i am...he knows his chemistry with ST is the best!! hehehehe
Pari_Angle thumbnail

Thank's sukhi.....nice article 

Ronit is a sach a good person......god bless him
Mallika113 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks Sukhi!  Ronit seems to be a wonderful person, and he knows what is valuable in life, his family and his health! Awww, what a guy and so talented too!
soap-critic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you Sukhi for this and all the other articles. All of a sudden there are so many.

If the character of DM is one of the things to go by, then his  instinctive acting is working very well for us indeed. We are getting treated to such a variety and range of emotions and expressions day after day. Added to that is his awesome style of dialoge delivery and variation in tones and baritones.👏👏

The more I read about him, I realize he is a a very good human being and a very down-to-earth and grounded person.
Edited by soap-critic - 15 years ago
RonitPallaviNR thumbnail
I will support instinctive acting...he proves it that it's the best form of acting...hehe.
~Wicked~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
☺️..........I am bhery happy, but, not exactly for the same reason as MAMJI 😳.
Edited by ~Wicked~ - 15 years ago
mombasa00 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Very nice interview article indeed.

Emphasizes why we love this man.

Instinctive acting has got to be the best...coz we have seen nothing but the best from him.  I have seen method acting and am not impressed.
Brinjal thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Very interesting read!!!

He is inspiring.

I used to often wonder...how come RR has got this such a dmirable club of fans...but it seems like he is truly a deserving man!  BEAUTIFUL gets BEAUTIFUL or should I say HANDSOME gets BEAUTIFUL  .😊

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
heheh thanks Suks....😃he surely knows how to make Guddi happy☺️😆

And that Dhisum part was cutest🤣 It's a bengali word i guess😆😆he's so cute😆

Awwwwwwww good thingy that he believes in Chem hehehe....how can he not😳I mean, ShOnit rocks the world😍like hell🤗