Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago

Akki is often spotted at award shows

Decrease text sizeIncrease text size
January 31st, 2009
  • Email this supplementary
  • Printer friendly version
Akki is often spotted at award shows

Ashutosh Gowarikar's onstage spat with host Sajid Khan at the 15th Star Screen Awards made headlines, the very next day after the ceremony. Naturally, the whole world was more than anxious to watch these awards that were telecast on Sunday night.

Gowarikar appeared to be in a bad mood right from the start. Every time the cameras panned on him, he scowled right back. Perhaps it was this emotional baggage that he carried with him when he walked up on stage for to collect an award for Jodhaa Akbar and voiced his displeasure. Farah's earlier remark that his colleagues didn't show up coz Ashu wanted to collect the awards himself elicited a weak smile. The Khan siblings should have got the hint and backed off. Farah, must realise that she may be the reigning Queen Bee of Bollywood as far as choreographer and direction is concerned, but her forte certainly does not include compering. She appeared uncomfortable and even quipped that she had been paid to spout silly PJs much to the audience's amusement.

Meanwhile, Akshay Kumar seems to have become a regular at most award functions. He along with Deepika Padukone was also the judge for the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge grand final where Vaishali Made made history by becoming the first woman to win a reality singing competition. Now, one won't be surprised if other reality shows followed suit.

Meanwhile, the Queen Bee of television, Ektaa Kapoor has proved that while the going may not be good for her in terms of TRPs right now you can't write her off yet. Her new show Bandini, on Star Plus explores the Rajasthani feudal system in a simple but powerful saga where for once the girls are fresh and devoid of garish make up and costumes. Ronit Roy, who plays the lead protagonist, is restrained and impressive. Going by the first few episodes, Bandhini is worth a watch and thankfully Kapoor has got rid of her K-hangover too.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soap-critic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing this Sukhi. I had read your post that Bandini airs back to back for 2 hours on Saturday so I just called my mother and told her to watch it. I am pretty sure she is going to like it.
ronitfan thumbnail
Wow that's nice .. yeah it airs back-to-back .. so much fun!!

Thanks for reminding me..
It airs back to back on Friday as well !
~Wicked~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I loveeeeeeeeeee understated, subtle and restrained acting and for me, no one does it better then RR.

Thanks Sukhi for the article.

Lord-Mangeshwar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
It's great to see that the show is getting critical approval 👍🏼

At the end of the day, the show is definitely something different from the usual Balaji dramas, and so that itself probably makes it worth a watch 😊

And to top it off, well written scenes and topnotch acting from the cast, it really makes the show special!

God bless.
.Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
good good to see ppl falling in love with our show but it's not on SP na?😕
JasminBhasinFan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Great article!
Thanks a lot for sharing!!!!!!
ronitfan thumbnail
No re ..

It's on NDTV Imagine .. guessing that SP means Star Plus - LOL
soapie thumbnail
Also, its Gujrati culture, not Rajasthani...Ha Ha...Reporters don't do a thorough job, it seems!
ronitfan thumbnail
Ho ho ho !

good one Soapie!!

Caught them !