Talking point with Ronit roy

Pari_Angle thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Talking point with Ronit roy

PriyankaPereira

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 0107 hrs IST

Television's most famous face returns with yet another Balaji serial

How different is Bandini on NDTV Imagine going to be from the other Balaji serials?
In the beginning, everyone has a vision, but eventually I don't know how different it will turn out to be. If the vision is maintained, then it will be different. I have shot for a considerable amount of time for this show and what I see as different is the portrayal of characters.

characters. What is the show about?
Bandini is the tale of a young girl who is forced into a marriage of convenience with an elderly man twice her age. It is set against a rural backdrop and it traces the journey of the young girl and her husband. It is all about how destiny binds two strangers together.

You again play an elderly man in the serial. Is it a continuation of the character Mr Bajaj?
I don't play an elderly man, I am an elderly man. I don't know why people think I am 25. But I play a little above my age. But it is not like any other character that I have played before, but it does have a few common traits with Mr Bajaj. He is a wealthy, self-made man who is proud of his achievements

Bandini is introducing a lot of new faces. Is this a changing phase in television?
In 2008, I had said that the faces of television will change. And that is exactly what is happening. Young boys and girls are ruling the arena right now. I had also said that the serial content in 2009 will be really strong. And Bandini also has a strong content. It is a very tentative and searching phase for TV, but I am sure it will find its spot again. Mr Bajaj or Mihir Virani? Which character do you closely relate to and which one do you miss playing on screen?
Of course I miss playing the roles. When you play a character for almost eight years, it becomes a part of you and you imbibe certain characters. The character of Mihir has made me a better family man. I was all over the place before that. And Mr Bajaj has helped increase my self-respect and self-esteem. These two characters changed my direction in life.

You play Bheeshma in Kahaani Hamarey Mahabharat Kii. How difficult is it to switch roles between daily soaps and mythology?
It is all about running the first 100 metres. Then you fall into a pattern and after that it gets easy playing any character. I am always nervous when I have to play a new role, but then with time I start living i

Any upcoming projects?
Currently I have not been offered anything interesting. In films, I am reading a few scripts. But nothing is certain as of now.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~Wicked~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks Amisha, I have seen this article before and as I mentioned there, HE IS GROSSLY WRONG 😑, IF HE THINKS THAT HE IS ELDERLY 😑. I absolutely do not agree with that statement, its just plain incorrect 😊. I know of all his characters he likes RISH most 😳 and I also know, DM is a tiny bit like RISH ☺️: arrogance, self made, cool, aloof.....all there, but in a totally new style. DM made rustic, cool, kurta and dhoti cool, gujju language cool, even not being able to speak english properly cool, folding his hands acress and placing them on his waist cool (hehe..stop).........GOSH! Only RR is capable of doing this. I MISS RISH 😭.
Pari_Angle thumbnail
yes u r right my frind  ~Wicked
ronit sir plz don't call me ur self  elderly man .....on screen or off screen u r the young man...... and DM is super hot
.Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
thanks hun.

RR u may feel that u r old but not for us ur lovers and others may call u an older man but not in our eyes ur true and real fans.....

cause to me u r one of my young and happening dude on TV the other one of u is my Shabbir and I look for u 2 and will watch any bakwaas on TV if two are init.....

the way I see it age aint nothing but a number and the love u feel for the one u truely love is all that matter and we love u no matter what age u r.
Edited by _angel_ - 15 years ago
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Sonia, I think he means he is older to all in the most new tv actors in their late teens to mid twenties. He is by no means elderly.He actually looks better in his 40's than in his 20's . He is in fantastic shape  physically.
He grew up in Ahmedabad and it shows in his Gujarati dialogues. He looks awesome in his  dhoti  and kurta. 
there are lots of personality similarities between Rish and Dm. They  both are very proud, strong willed, go getters , confient man. They both are finiacially well off, self made. Both have more than hum do hamre do amount of kids.
O adore them both πŸ‘
~Wicked~ thumbnail
Cimba, he might mean exactly what you said, but him saying that, "I don't play an elderly man, I am an elderly man. " is something I don't agree with. His use of the word, "elderly" is absolutely incorrect. He is  43 years old, but, the way he looks, his personality, his style, his physique, his andaz....everything about him is anything but, "elderly". I think, he is the best looker in the entire entretainment world and his usage of the world, "elderly" just 😑's me πŸ˜†. It always gets to me πŸ˜†.
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I understand what u mean sonia. Being a RR fan, addict   i agree he is the best.πŸ‘πŸΌ

~Wicked~ thumbnail
Hmmm.....yep, I think I am addicted to him πŸ˜† and its only him I gave this mahan darja to 😳.
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

I TOTALLY am with you on that Tabs ..

No way does he look a DAY more than 33 !

rpmenon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Nice interview.

What I like abt this actor is the way he maintains a distance from co stars,YET manage to be very friendly with them.

Liked all the answers!!