ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
'MM was my favourite hangout'

Ronit-Mihir-Roy talks about life in television while here in aapnu Amdavad

By Ruchir Joshi
Posted On Saturday, February 07, 2009 at 03:03:11 AM

Your new soap is about...
...a young girl, who, due to circumstances, has to marry a man twice her age. The story is about how the girl adjusts to the situation.

Most soaps are about women adjusting to situations, when will men do the same?
I see your point, but in Bandini you will also see me adjusting with her character (Santo). This serial does not have extra zooms, extra dramatic sequences and you won't find the saas-bahu saga too.

From flop Bollywood actor to small-screen superstar...
It has been a great journey. There are two kind of struggles - one before getting fame and the other after. And let me tell you, the latter is tougher. Aur mere case mein to maine ek baar race mein girne ke baad jeet haasil ki hai.

You are from Ahmedabad, tell us something about your school and college days.
Yes, I had a great time, I was a student of St Xavier's Loyola Hall and later I did my engineering from MSU, Vadodara.

What's your favourite hangout place in the city?
Way back then, the city was not as big. I regularly used to hang out at Municipal Market.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soap-critic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I cannot believe what i am reading - DM is going to be adjusting to Santo's character. That is going to be fun treat to watch. Can't wait for that track to begin.
ronitfan thumbnail
Hema,

What is the golden thing he's wearing from his collar button to his kurta button called? He's wearing it REGULARLY as DM!

Even I cant wait till this happens!!

hahahhaa
soapie thumbnail
RR looks so dashing in the pic...๐Ÿ˜ณ

Honestly guys, I still can't believe that I never noticed him before on Telly...๐Ÿ˜•

Or is it just his DM persona giving this aura to him?

And as soap-critic puts it, even I can't believe that DM of all the people would make adjustment with Santo...looks like interesting times ahead in Bandini!

Thanks for the article, Sukhs!

Soapie

PS: Now it has been confirmed from the man himself that DM is twice Santu's age and not thrice...now rests the case!
Edited by soapie - 15 years ago
ronitfan thumbnail
Yes Soapie ...

That gelled look really makes him look even more amazing! LOL wrong word .. hahahaha

Well I guess you never gave him a try as RB / Mihir .. never mind! There's a first to everything..

Seriously, weekends are a bore without DM to drool on!
soapie thumbnail

Originally posted by: ronitfan

Yes Soapie ...

That gelled look really makes him look even more amazing! LOL wrong word .. hahahaha

Well I guess you never gave him a try as RB / Mihir .. never mind! There's a first to everything..

Seriously, weekends are a bore without DM to drool on!

Sukhi,

I had started watching KZK, but the chap who played Anurag Basu irritated the life out of me...and since I had no clue that another lead would be introduced, I decided that I did not want to watch a serial with a wimpy hero as the lead, so gave it up! Did hear a lot of stuff about Mr. Bajaj when his character was introduced (My mom had a thing about him...๐Ÿ˜†) but had given up on the show, hence never saw him!

Well, as you say, there is a first to everything...

Soapie

PS: Used to watch KS regularly, but once again, stopped watching it by the time his character was introduced...
soap-critic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Well I made my weekly call to my mom and all she could talk about was RR and his characters. She was a loyal fan of Kyunki for all the 8 years and said how differently he portayed Mihir Virani as opposed to the DM character now. She is so amazed by the way he has brought our DM as a character and is so happy I told her to watch Bandini.

And she said that a discussion on DM will be part of our weekly conversation.

Edited by soap-critic - 15 years ago
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
LOL again the same question....Jaan Tere Naam ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† Todays journos dont even do homeworks properly๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Anyways....GrEATTT to see the track....I wanna see how he changes dheere dheere๐Ÿ˜ณ
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: soapie

Sukhi,

I had started watching KZK, but the chap who played Anurag Basu irritated the life out of me...and since I had no clue that another lead would be introduced, I decided that I did not want to watch a serial with a wimpy hero as the lead, so gave it up! Did hear a lot of stuff about Mr. Bajaj when his character was introduced (My mom had a thing about him...๐Ÿ˜†) but had given up on the show, hence never saw him!

Well, as you say, there is a first to everything...

Soapie

PS: Used to watch KS regularly, but once again, stopped watching it by the time his character was introduced...

seems talks going on abt my JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANU ?!?!?!?!!?๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ Rishu was/is/will be my Prince charming forever๐Ÿ˜

Rish-Prerna = True loveโค๏ธ He belongs to herโ˜บ๏ธ I lubbb him SO !๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Soapie -- U should watch RB...AT LEAST !!๐Ÿ˜ณ
mombasa00 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks Suks.

Wow, kya pic hai! ๐Ÿ˜ณ 

Looking forward to DM adjusting to Santo.  Much of a change from old style sagas. Unique show indeed.   This is going to be a totally rocking show.

Suks, the gold thing you mention is actually part of the buttons for the Kurta.  Aren't these typical Indian thing as opposed to just a gujju thing? I don't know if it has a name but these Kurtas have button holes on both sides.  You buy buttons per your taste.  Kind of like cuff links however, in this case the buttons (usually 3, 4 or 5) are linked together by a chain. The button is brought through the button hole and the chain remains in the back.  In his pic here, since it's not buttoned up to the other side, it is falling over nicely exposing the chained link in the back.  His buttons look to be diamonds or pearls.