Bandini is about post-marriage blues : Ronit

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago

Touching love

We are living in troubled times, says Ronit Roy. Love has very little meaning or glamour. One of television's most popular faces, Ronit Roy is back with a new show ~ Bandini, which revolves around a marriage involving an elderly man and his young wife. Known for playing Rishabh Bajaj, Mihir Virani and Aparajit Deb, the actor has taken on a challenging role.
Though the storyline may sound clichd but there haven't been a television show around it. "We live in a country where such marriages still take place in rural areas and also in urban settings (to a small extent). These are mostly men who are into their second marriage," says gentleman Roy.
The actor clarifies that more than the difference in age, Bandini is about a couple's journey. "They belong to two different worlds, have different thought process. How things change and how do they adapt ~ that's the story. We are talking of post-marriage blues."
The Balaji Telefilms presentation (shown on NDTV Imagine) is a tale of a young girl who is forced into a marriage of convenience with an elderly man, who's twice her age. Set in the backdrop of rural India, this narrative vividly traces the journey of Santu (essayed by Aasiya Kazi) and her tryst with destiny alongside TV's most popular face Ronit Roy.
Marriages are all about adjustments, a fact young couples are quickly forgetting. "We are forgetting many things and are busy running helter-skelter. Aren't we supposed to learn from past mistakes? Relationships don't mean anything anymore. Every relationship now comes with an agenda… Here we are talking about a girl plucked from her childhood and forced into adulthood. Yet, she touches other lives."
Roy says positive and negative roles are two sides of the same coin. "To get into any character I walk, talk, feel, wear and look like the real person. I try to study the person in real life and follow him closely. I steal his characteristic and in this sense you can call me a thief."
After having done reality shows and serials, Roy wants to spend more time with his children and family members. "I want to travel and be with them. I don't want to miss out on this part of life."

(Bandini airs on NDTV Imagine, Monday through Thursday)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RonitPallaviNR thumbnail
so is there love involved or not?
what does post marriage blues mean...r they gonna be blue all the time lol...enjoyed reading the interview
Sati thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Garv_Kumud_4eva

so is there love involved or not?
what does post marriage blues mean...r they gonna be blue all the time lol...enjoyed reading the interview

You know marriage is not a bed of roses. from what i understand post marriage blue kaa matbal hai the process of adjustment or the differences between ppl after marriage
ronitfan thumbnail
Yes you are right Anju ben ..

Post marriage blues means the adjustments coming from both sides.. the bride and the groom .. it's going to be so exciting to see how ..just HOW they manage to fall head-over-heels in love with each other.. because as the tag line suggests ..

Ek anchaha rishta, jo bana ek atoot bandhan !
sns23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Cant wait for that.. Ok small ques, is it just me, or did Santu look like a small kid on thurs, in the dulhan ka joda... She really looked very very young...
ronitfan thumbnail
Yea she looked younger than she usually does .. maybe it was because of the white she was wearing ... everyone looks younger in white ..

heck DM looks like a 30 yr old in that silver too !

LOL
~Wicked~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Without the mooches and the eternal frown ☺️, DM will look like a BABZ, too young. I am sure that there will be love and romance, but so soon, not so easily. There is be lots of anger and heartache, lots of compromise and tears and then after a long time thorasa understanding will start. That understanding will blossom into love way after that. From anger, rage, hurt, tears to understanding to love! OMG, it will be a sheer bliss to enjoy DM. What a ride it will be, I am sure.
divan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
So will it be DM sleeping on the bed and Shantu on the floor or separate bedrooms?  Separate rooms would be good then it be door rahiyo dil ke paa aao.
sns23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
If there is a family, like dadi nani mausi et all, or even kids for that matter, maybe it'll be the same room.. Afterall, closed quarters results in better angst build up right???
ronitfan thumbnail
Yea even I think they'll have separate rooms to start with.. cant wait to see how he treats her on their first night.. what an awkward moment for both of them !

Yes Tabs ..

There's gonna be lots of heart-ache .. lots of sad moments .. lots of moving on before we get our whirlwind romance ..

*sigh*

It's going to be one HELLUVA ride!