Ronit Roy's hair-raising tale

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Ronit's hair-raising tale

Mumbai: Nowadays, it seems our television actors are going the Bollywood way - at least as far as experimenting with looks is concerned. So to get into the skin of the character in his new serial Bandini, Ronit Roy has grown a real moustache. Interestingly, it's only after the show started doing well and his character was being appreciated that Ronit decided to grow a moustache as opposed to the fake one that he earlier used to sport.

Donning a new look: Ronit Roy before he grew the moustache

He says, "When the show started, I had a fake moustache but I was not satisfied with it. Moreover, the fake moustache started pinching me. So, I decided to grow a real one so that I could live the character even off-screen."

Ronit essays the role of Dharamraj - an extremely egoistic, obstinate and renowned diamond merchant - who has several jewellery stores in his hometown Surat.

However, we ask him about another recent role that he played - that of Bheeshma in the new version of the Mahabharata.

There he sported all fake stuff. He defends that saying, "I accept that. But Bheeshma was a mythological character; so there was a problem to grow the kind of beard and moustache that he had. But my character in Bandini is something that's derived from real life."

Edited by Lubnavaishali - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pksanam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
well, i haven't seen the Mahabharat, but i saw pics of him as Bheema.. he did do justice to that..

i never knew that his moustache wasn't real in the beginning.. i'm not a big fan of facial hair, but it suits him in Bandini..  i'm digging this look, for sure..

p.s. this pic in article - he looks good..
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Sanam !!

He played BheeShma .. and not Bheema!!
ROFL
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Ronit is lean  mean muscle machine. He will look good mustache , no mustache , beard ,no beard, clothes , no clothesπŸ˜‰( ok ok thats only for my imagination). He is truly physically fit man. Most of the clothes will fit him well. I am not fan of a purple suade suit that he is wearing in the picture but can not say enough about RR being a nice looking man. More so I am also a big fan of his acting. it feeks that he has  improved a lot from his begaining MIhir days. Acting is also like anything in life live and learn and it shows. Roles he potrays has lot to do with able to show is acting ability and scope he has to improve his skills. one and only reason i started watching this serial is for Ronit and i wait eagerly for the updates.  All for RR.πŸ‘
ronitfan thumbnail

Originally posted by: cimba

Ronit is lean  mean muscle machine. He will look good mustache , no mustache , beard ,no beard, clothes , no clothesπŸ˜‰( ok ok thats only for my imagination). He is truly physically fit man. Most of the clothes will fit him well. I am not fan of a purple suade suit that he is wearing in the picture but can not say enough about RR being a nice looking man. More so I am also a big fan of his acting. it feeks that he has  improved a lot from his begaining MIhir days. Acting is also like anything in life live and learn and it shows. Roles he potrays has lot to do with able to show is acting ability and scope he has to improve his skills. one and only reason i started watching this serial is for Ronit and i wait eagerly for the updates.  All for RR.πŸ‘

Hahahah now who wouldnt LOVE that?😳
pksanam thumbnail

Originally posted by: ronitfan

Sanam !!

He played BheeShma .. and not Bheema!!
ROFL

oops.. LOL.. 😳

chalo, at least you were amused.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  **knock on head**
pksanam thumbnail

Hahahah now who wouldnt LOVE that?😳

yeah.. why not, eh..??  let's tell them to include that one somewhere in the serial.. but just do it 'artistically'.. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
ronitfan thumbnail
Haahahhah they have already shown him semi-nude as Bheeshma .. his 8-pack abs are just to die for!
pksanam thumbnail

Haahahhah they have already shown him semi-nude as Bheeshma .. his 8-pack abs are just to die for!

pics, pleaseee..!   ek hi sahi.. 😳
ronitfan thumbnail
Ok here goes nothing .. here goes everything !

OMGGGGGGGGGGG here I go again !

*adrenaline-rush*

!!!