Posted: 15 years ago

Recession hits soaps

Decrease text sizeIncrease text size
April 18th, 2009
By Our Correspondent
  • Email this supplementary
  • Printer friendly version
Recession hits soaps

Looks like even our TV soaps are adopting recession measures or why else will you have the stars sporting the same outfit for almost three episodes in a row. Check out any serial today be it Yeh Rishta Kya…, Bandini, Bidaai etc and that is the case. Previously the ladies who portrayed super rich housewives would be spotted changing their fancy wardrobes ever so often. In fact, they were also seen wearing expensive costume jewellery too. But now, if one were to look closely, even the costume jewellery has become rather down market and the saris look like they have been picked up from zariwallahs instead of designer boutiques. So far, the sets have been spared the impact of recession and continue to portray a rich feel but we wonder how long that would last.

But it sure looks like Rakhi Sawant is unperturbed coz she has decided to find herself a life partner bang in the middle of recession. Her show or rather reality swayamwar is all set to take place soon. Rakhi is rather smartly dressed in the promos and thankfully her bridal costume and jewellery are not tacky. Now, this is one sure that everyone is looking forward to, coz let's face it the lady does provide paisa vasool entertainment. And you need to have nerves of steel to marry an unpredictable character like her so hats off to any of the prospective candidates coz we're sure the lady will take them on a merry ride before she succumbs to her Mr Right's charms.

But one actress, who has finally found true love after several hits and misses, is the svelte Shilpa Shetty, who is on a perennial 'Raj yatra' these days. She's also quite concerned about her reputation for she actually spoke to Headlines Today to emphasise that she had not broken up Raj Kundra's marriage and was tormented by the accusations made by his ex-wife Kavita. Now that Kavita has sensibly retracted her statement—in exchange for the maintenance moolah that Raj was giving her, Shilpa can breathe easy.

Source: Deccan Chronicle

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pari_Angle thumbnail
Thank u sukzz yes this is true ..... jewellery ....saaries .....every woman like this things to much ....and mackup also ....lipstik ..i love to wacth this things
soap-critic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks Sukhi.

I guess tough times call for tough choices and everyone concerned has to adapt.

Pari_Angle thumbnail
sukhi u know last friday santu were the nacklace ...just joomka tipe is so preety ...u rember that ...motiben ne usko pakad kar santu ko apne paas khicha tha
Micron thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thanks sukhi

recession or no recession repeating clothes is more real and less jewelery is definitely good for our eyes😆
tvrasika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Recession will force the producers to concentrate on quality, like a good story, dialogue, sensible plots etc. Santu having just 2 sets of clothes and repeating them seemed very real.
She now seems to wear too much of heavy jewelry making her look a bit older than she is. In this serial Santu is 18, but with these designer saris, she looks 22-23.
Hiten has only one shirt in Nanaji's house. Good thinking by the creatives.
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Yes ..

The consistency is there .. DM is super rich but that does not mean that he is going to wear new kurtas every day - everyone repeats clothes!
lol
tunisian thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
when I'm watching bandin i , especially after megs and rasik coming , I was wondering while watching santu and megs clothes and jewleries , is this the real indian day to to day clothes even for rich people , I think it's a bit much na 😕
vasantha_rao07 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
thanks for the article
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: tunisian

when I'm watching bandin i , especially after megs and rasik coming , I was wondering while watching santu and megs clothes and jewleries , is this the real indian day to to day clothes even for rich people , I think it's a bit much na 😕

Yes they are decked up because the atmosphere is festive .. but in her entry scene ,
she was just right :D