Exercise is worth it : Ronit

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago

I dont fear illness because I am fit

Amartial arts aficionado currently learning jazz and contemporary dance, actor Ronit Roy speaks to Rituparna Mukherjee about health and happiness

Amartial arts aficionado currently learning jazz and contemporary dance, actor Ronit Roy speaks to Rituparna Mukherjee about health and happiness

No, crash diets are not my thing— in fact I have never been on a diet— I just try to live a healthy life. I dont have rice and rarely have rotis — just stick to veggies.

Occasionally I have fish. If you eat healthy and work out, diets are not required.

How do you relax? I go on a relaxing binge when I do. My idea of relaxation is spending time with my family. And from four to six, I run.

Thats me time, when I clear my mind and rejuvenate myself.

Daal or mutton biryani ? Daal of course. Its healthy and its light- doesnt bog down your system.

And I have never had a fondness for red meat, so no mutton biryani .

How important is it to have a shapely body? Very important. It makes you look good, feel good and consequently, perform better in your daily work routine. And because I am in the acting profession, looking good is very important.

Is exercising worth it? Yes, very worth it.

Have you ever called an ambulance? Never had to and touch wood never will.

How do you manage your fitness routine on the road? I make sure I go for that run. I practice parkour , which is free style running. Its a great way to stay in shape. And no matter how busy my day is I take time out at least for that run.

Usually though I make sure my schedule is not that hectic — I do martial arts for 90 minutes in the morning and am training in jazz and contemporary dance because I love it. So I stay fit. Illnesses dont have a chance where I am concerned.

When were you healthiest? I am the healthiest right now. What with all the time I devote to martial arts and all the dancing, as well as the healthy food I eat at home, I think I have reached my peak where health is concerned.

How often do you have check- ups? I dont go for check ups... dont need to.

Whats an ailment or disease you fear? Never thought about this. I think its obvious by this time that I am not scared of any illnesses! I dont fear illness, I believe I am healthy enough to overcome any thing that comes my way.

How important is sex as part of a healthy lifestyle? Very important. Not for the body but for the mind and the souls of the two people in love.

Best health advice your mother ever gave you? Dont smoke. I rarely follow it!( laughs).

But I am trying to, trust me on that— my wifes making sure I cut down drastically on the cigarettes.

Do you carry a donor card? No I dont, but now that you have brought it up I think I will get around to carrying one. I think its a wonderful idea. Why not, after all, after I am gone what use does my body have. I might as well help another fellow human being in need.

What do you take for a hangover? I never have them so I wont know! I dont have a social life — I spend all my free time with my family. So drinks at parties are rare… and when I do drink its so minimal that there is no question of a hangover.

I cant live without... My family. They are everything to me.

rituparna. mukherjee@ mailtoday. in

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RonitPallaviNR thumbnail
2 hours of running DAMN!!
Awesome article Sukhs...sucha family man!! Love him!
Pari_Angle thumbnail
Thank u sukhi                                                   2hr.running wow very nice .....
Mallika113 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks Sukhi for the article. Ronit certainly has his priorities straight! Family and good health, the most important things in life for him. He is very sweet and his family is so lucky to have him in their lives!😊
RonitPallaviNR thumbnail
the only problem I had is that he doesn't like mutton biryani.
Yea red meat is not good for u...i have it twice in a year, but still mutton biryani rocks!! Anyways...yes, exercise is totally worth it, especially in the entertainment industry.

rpmenon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Sounds a bit too perfect.

Well,if its all true,then good for him! 👍🏼
Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sukhi you're a true Ronifan😉 for sure, TFS.  Edited by Hope 89 - 15 years ago
mombasa00 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks Suks. 

He is learning Jazz and contemporary dance?!  Oh wow...hope we get to it some day.
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: rpmenon

Sounds a bit too perfect.

Well,if its all true,then good for him! 👍🏼

He IS kinda perfect .. all the time!😆
JasminBhasinFan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks a lot for sharing this!!