Bonding with family keeps me alive : Ronit

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago

Come together now

Come hell or high water, it's bonding that keeps us, and hope, afloat, discovers Sudeshna Chatterjee

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

THE world's never been closer. At the recent Mumbai marathon, buzzwords had moved from images of leaders like Gandhi, to words like peace and harmony. Faith in the togetherness of man has never been stronger. As times are getting tougher, notes Bangalore-based psychiatrist Dr Vikas Mohan Sharma, from natural calamities to man made ones, men are huddling closer. "Tragedy makes for catharsis," he says adding, "Those who have lost someone embrace memories, and those who were spared give thanks. In either case, people tend to reach out even more."

Cricket maestro Sachin Tendulkar believes in family power over willow power. It's been the backbone of his success, he says, and it stays with him through the tough times and good. "When I'm not playing, I'd much rather spend time with my family, as it gives me maximum happiness."

Bengal's beloved Saurav Ganguly recently retired for a chance to watch his daughter grow up. As his daughter watched his last Test, bunking school for once, his wife Dona Ganguly said, "These moments are what make cherished memories."

Singer, poet, artist and author of Swapnalok Society, Suchitra Krishnamoorthi says that tragedy puts things in perspective. "The only real things are people around you and the power of living in the 'now' is supreme. If I want to be in touch with someone, I do so irrespective of whether the person has called on
me or
not."

Actor Pooja Bedi says, "Tragedy brings forth a metamorphosis within. It dramatically alters not just situations, but thoughts and emotions. My brother passed away a decade ago. Then my mother. But there is no regret about something I left unsaid, undone or unresolved. I have always lived in the 'now'. Be it hugging my dad or saying sorry for something, I've never ever hesitated. We always complain, but forget to thank people. Just make it a habit to be grateful and life will turn 360 degrees."

Kamini Karlekar's first book (Un)settled: Notes from A Shifting Life explores what it means to be unsettled and to belong. Karlekar observes, "Having lost some people very close to me in my early 20s, I'm aware how precious time with my loved ones is. It's also a result of me spending large amounts of time away from home on
work."

Considering many have a life today that is more on the run, is it worth making efforts to ensure space and time for your loved ones? As TV actor Ronit Roy puts it, "Bonding with my family comes naturally and is the reason for me to be alive and kicking."

Santoor player Rahul Sharma feels his life has changed post 26/11. "I thank God that I am alive and have loved ones to take care of me. I value and adore even more their presence in my life. These days I check on my friends and family frequently to see if all's well."

Image consultant Dilip Cherian maintains that "calamities coupled with the economic slowdown, has resulted in people feeling a sense of fear and discovering spare time. There is the huge question of 'what if' looming large on the horizon. You either turn to neighbours, friends, family or classmates and old colleagues on networking sites and blogs to reconnect and find a sense of solace."
Edited by ronitfan - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
he is a sweetheart๐Ÿ˜›Thanks Suks !๐Ÿ˜ƒ
mombasa00 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Awwwww....that's so sweet. Thanks Suks.  

And don't forget we are his extended family! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by mombasa00 - 15 years ago
~Wicked~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
AWWWWWW..........BABZ he is. I am very glad that this time on he is just doing one serial and spending the rest with his family.

Thanks Suks for the article.

ronitfan thumbnail
Yeah he's my shonu monu nonu!

The Roys are a lucky lot!
RonitPallaviNR thumbnail
yup we r his extended family...his family is sooooo cute!! i love the roys!!
Lord-Mangeshwar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

One of the great things about Ronit Sir is his family values - he is a 101% Indian family man ๐Ÿ‘

In almost all of his blogs, before signing off, he asks us to give a hug to our parents and close ones.

Even in SMS's, Ronit Sir tends to remind us about things like looking after our close ones - and I think it's wonderful for a superstar like him to still be passionate about putting family first. I think it's brilliant that when given a choice about what to tell people, he focusses on the importance of family and faith in God ๐Ÿ˜Š

I like the work of many actors, but Ronit Sir is one of the very few that I'm truly inspired by. The best actor, and an even better human being, Mr Ronit Bose Roy ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

God bless.
ronitfan thumbnail
Totally so Mango Bhai ..

He never forgets to remind us how important family is .. love him shooo much for this!