Smitar's OS2:Finding Khushi#3Part15(1-3)Pg122(1/4)

rulama thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Index

Smita's Index of words 
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/2652341

KHUSHI SERIES
 1: Knowing Khushi      76799574 
 2: Finding Khushi       77825839
 3: Loving Khushi           87865257
 4: Saving Khushi             91864923
 5: Marrying Khushi      94305002
 6: I Love You, Khushi  98843109

ARNAV SERIES
 1. Thanking Arnav       99193171     

FINDING KHUSHI

Part 1 
   & 
Part 2:                   Page 1    77825868

Part 3:                   Page 11  77844153

Part 4:                   Page 28   77890950 

Part 5:                   Page 51   77994154 

Part 6:                   Page 72   78065794  

Part 7: Section 1: Page 91   78152940           

Part 7: Section 2: Page 106 78185002 

Part 8:                   Page 121 78244806

THREAD TWO
 https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3487737                                                                               
Part 9:                            Page 1     78314024           

Part 10:Section 1: Page 21  78374675

Part 10:Section 2Page 39  78434751   

Part 11:Section 1: Page 58  78512839

Part 11:Section 2: Page 78   78640154    

Part 12:Section 1: Page 98  78721237

Part 12:Section 2: Page115 78808660

Part 13:Section 1: Page132 78870676  

THREAD THREE 

Part 13:Section 2:  Page 1     78893790                                                   
Part 13:Section 3: Page 25   78992651      

Part 14:Section 1: Page 45    79084451   

Part 14:Section 2: Page 65   79164156   

Part 14:Section 3: Page 84   79228891   

Part 15:Section 1: Page 122 79526348    

Part 15:Section 2: Page 122 79526394   

Part 15:Section 3: Page 123 79526437   

THREAD FOUR 

Part 16:Section 1: Page 1     79639576                                                                                                                           

To all the New Readers,

For technical reasons, Smita is unable to post her FF. Hence I am posting it for her, in order to get our daily ration of her stories.

For Part 13 Section 2 SCROLL DOWN PLEASE                                                  

Edited by rulama - 10 years ago

rulama thumbnail
OS 2: Finding Khushi

Part 13 

Section 2 

Khushi walked into her house, rubbing her nape. It was late evening, & she was exhausted. She had worked till the different types of dals had begun to dance in front of her eyes, forcing her to shut down her laptop and make her way home.

Amma, Babuji, and Buaji were in the living room, waiting for her. They stared at her in silence.

"Kya hua, Buaji?"

Buaji glared at Khushi.

Khushi thought of all the crimes she had committed. But could not come up with anything that warranted such a stern face.

"Naniji & the others came here today.", Buaji said.

"Acha?", Khushi smiled. "Jiji must be very happy! Akash Jiju came too?"

"No. But Arnav babua did.", Buaji's tone was expressionless.

"Arnavji? Here?", Khushi frowned. "Jiji, I want some water to drink.", Khushi shouted to her sister.

Her family stared at her.

Payal handed over a glass of water. Khushi took a sip.

"Arnav Babua wants to get married.", Buaji declared.

Khushi coughed, and spewed the water. With streaming eyes, she asked Buaji, "What?"

Buaji remained silent. Three pairs of eyes stared at her. 

Payal alone looked from Khushi to her family and back again like watching a tennis match.

"Arnavji wants to marry? That is the eighth wonder in the world.", Khushi said, still coughing, her heart racing away like an unbridled horse. "Who is the unlucky  girl? Lavanyaji has come back?"

Buaji, Amma, & Babuji looked at her innocent face, and sighed.

Buaji quickly snatched the glass out of her hand before she could raise it to her lips again.

"The unlucky girl is you, you Parmeswari!", she said.

Payal & Khushi looked at their family with eyes as wide as saucers.

Khushi pulled out her phone, making sure that her bedroom door was locked.

"Hello!", his husky voice silenced her for a moment.

"Don't hello me, Mr. Raizada! What have you done?", she raged.

"Done?"

"Ji. Done. Coming to my house to propose marriage to me?", she bit out.

"Is that a sin, Khushi Kumari Gupta?", he asked softly, his voice soothing her to a small degree. "I am a bachelor. You are a spinster. We can get married, you know'"

Khushi showed her teeth.

"You are not just any bachelor. You are the richest bachelor crowing on top of this dung hill. With big aukat. Big ego. And bigger arrogance. And a sharp tongue to match your ego."

Arnav shut his eyes and leaned back in his recliner. He was in for it. Now all his words would come back to bite him. Where it hurt the most'.

"And I am not just any spinster. I am a poor spinster. With low aukat and middle class mentality. A spinster who will do anything for money. A spinster who is adept at luring men to their doom, especially rich men'."

"Khushi...", he whispered. "I am sorry... I didn't mean all the nonsense I said'."

"If you didn't mean it, then why did you say it?", she countered.

"Khushi..."

"Accusing me of crimes I never committed, blaming me for things I never did, punishing me for asking questions... you...you...you Arnav Singh Raizada!", she abused him.

Arnav swallowed the insult she had made of his name.

"You want to marry me?", she asked, almost shouting.

"Yes."

"I should marry you. And make your life hell. But I don't want to waste my life. I would rather remain a spinster and enter the names of dals all my life in that godown rather than marry you!", she screamed.

"Khushi'"

"Don't Khushi me! You'you.."

"Arnav Singh Raizada.", he said, almost smiling.

"Yes. Arnav Singh Raizada.", she said the name like a bad word, panting.

"Listen, Khushi. Marry me. And take your revenge for every insult, for every angry word, for every hurt."

There was silence at the other end. He could feel her crying. He cut the call, and dived for his car keys.

"Buaji, Uncle, Aunty, can I speak to Khushi?", Arnav asked.

Buaji looked at him, and felt her heart melt. She could never deny anyone anything. Especially not Arnav Bitwaa. She nodded.

Payal knocked on Khushi's bedroom door.

"Coming, Jiji!!", came her muffled reply. She opened the door, and averting her face, went back to sit on her bed, trying not to let her sister see her puffy face.

The door closed. Khushi looked down at the blanket she had pulled on to her lap.

"Khushi.."

She looked at him in shock. She jumped out of bed. 

"You?", she accused him. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you. Khushi.."

She put her hands on her hips in a militant stance. 

"What?"

"Marry me."

"Why should I?"

"To punish me.", he said softly. He moved a step closer to her. She pushed him away.

She snorted. "I don't want to waste my life on you!"

"Marry me, Khushi. Nani, Di, & Mami are waiting for you to be part of our family..."

"I don't want to marry a coward.", she stated.

Arnav opened his mouth to refute her allegation, but she was in no mood to let him talk. She pushed him away, her hands on his chest.

"A coward. That is what you are." Arnav winced at the glint of tears in her eyes. He tried to reach for her. She pushed him away. 

He tried to take hold of her arms, but she evaded him.

"A cheat. Showing me dreams one moment to take them away the next moment..." She pushed him against the wall. "Breaking my heart with his cruel words and his cruel actions...", she crowded him, and caught hold of his collar.

Arnav watched the tears streaming from her eyes, and felt his heart break into a thousand pieces.

"Hiding behind Lavanyaji's pallu... Scared to admit that you may feel something for a naukar..."

"Khushi..."

"Khushi? Khushi is dead... You killed her on Diwali night..." She shook him, her anguish in the open for him to see.

Arnav's eyes filled, his heart full of remorse.

"Khushi..." His chest hurt. He couldn't even get her name out of his throat...

"And you have come to propose marriage to me? To Khushi Kumari Gupta? The girl you dropped from your office' the idiot who accepted your challenges  and almost killed herself working for you... the poor girl who had to give into your sister's blackmail to come to your house to train your girlfriend to be your wife...?"

"Khushi." He felt himself being shaken again, her frail arms strengthened by her anguish. Hot tears fell down his cheeks. Her face was wet too, and she was racked by sobs.

"The Khushi Kumari Gupta you left in the garden in the cold and went in to announce your wedding to Lavanyaji, the perfect girl to be your wife, the girl with the breeding and the education you wanted in your wife... Your high-class girlfriend...?"

"Khushi..."

"You chose her over me once. Now why are you here? Did you propose marriage to her again? Did she refuse you?"

"Khushi..."

"Or are all the girls in Delhi dead?"

"Khushi..."

"Otherwise why should you come here? To Laxmi Nagar? Marriage! How can anyone believe you? You broke my heart and promised Lavanyaji a new life. Then you threw her out, and now you are back in my house, proposing marriage to me. How can anyone believe you, Mr. Raizada?"

"Khushi..."

"If I agree to marry you, and Lavanyaji comes back, you will break my heart again and go after her ...", Khushi laughed through her tears, mirthlessly, her strength waning. She sagged in his arms.

Arnav held her close. Her eyelids drooped. Her knees weakened, and she fell fully against him. 

He lifted her in his arms, and carried her to the bed.

He laid her head on her pillow, and arranged her limbs in a comfortable position. He covered her with her red blanket, and sat on the bed by her.

Her face was tear-stained. Swallowing hard, he gently wiped her face clean with his fingers.

"Amma... Babuji...", she muttered. Turning her face into his hand, she settled down to sleep.

Arnav sat there, her soft cheek cradled in his palm, watching her to his heart's content.

Buaji, Amma, & Payal peeked into the room, and stood shocked for a few moments. Then Buaji signalled the others out of the room, leaving Arnav & Khushi alone.

Part 13:Section 1:78870676   Part 13:Section 3:78992651 
Edited by rulama - 11 years ago
rulama thumbnail

Smita,😊

Here is the interpretation for Section 2 of Part 13.

When Khushi entered into her house late in the evening she was exhausted. While working on her computer at the end of the day, the entries had started to swim before her eyes, forcing her to stop for the day.

Her Amma, Babuji and Buaji were in the living room, waiting for her in silence. Breaking the silence, Khushi asked her Buaji what was the problem. The way Buaji glared at Khushi made her think of all the crimes that she might have been guilty off to warrant such a treatment but couldn't come up with any such thing.

After a wait, her Buaji told her that Naniji and others had been there. Khushi was happy. She said that her sister must have been happy and asked had Akash Jiju come too?

In a wooden tone she was told by her Buaji that he hadn't come but Arnav Babua had come over. Hearing it Khushi scrunching her brows together told, Arnavji? That too here? She called out to her sister to get her a drink of water. Her family stared at her. While she sipped from the glass that Payal had given, Buaji announced that Arnav Babua wants to get married, making Khushi cough and spew the water. Khushi couldn't believe what she heard and managed to ask what was it being told amidst the streaming eyes. Buaji remained silent and the three pairs of eyes were observing her carefully. Payal was darting her eyes from Khushi to her family like in a ping pong match.

Khushi still coughing, with a heart racing like an unbridled horse that was  beyond belief asked Arnavji wants to marry? What sort of a wonder was it? Who was the girl unlucky enough to be the recipient of this wonder? Has Lavanyaji come back? So many questions at a go made the elders look at her innocent face and heave a sigh of relief. Snatching the glass out of her hands Buaji said that the girl in question was her. Payal and Khushi looked at their family with surprise marking their features.

Making sure that she was alone and had secured the door of her bedroom, Khushi pulled out her phone. At the greeting from the husky voice, though silenced for a moment, she started to rage. Addressing him as Mr. Raizada she asked him what had he done? Arnav was surprised and asked what that was about. When she scathingly told him, how dare he to come to her house with a marriage proposal? He countered her in a soft voice trying to soothe her frayed nerves asking whether it was a sin? Since they were both single and unattached they can get married. Khushi gritting her teeth told him that he was not any bachelor. He was the richest bachelor with a huge ego, particular about status, with a mountain of arrogance and a razor edged tongue that matches  his ego. Arnav who was on his recliner laid back and shut his eyes as he knew he was going to have to contend with the fiery Khushi Kumari Gupta who had her boxing gloves on and would be giving him left and right without sparing as he had done earlier. His words were going to come back to him with interest and punch him low where it hurt the most.

She opened her rant saying that, she was not a spinster but a poor spinster with very low status and a middle class mentality. A spinster who was well versed in luring rich men and willing to do anything for money. Hearing his own words from Khushi's mouth Arnav felt extremely bad for her to have used such words. He called her name in a soft whisper, apologized and told her that it was trash and he never meant any of it. Hearing him say so she asked him then why did he resort to such talk. Not allowing him to interrupt she started to chastise him for accusing her of crimes that she never even committed, punishing her for asking questions. Overcome with anger she couldn't find the right words to describe him and settled for his full name, Arnav Singh Raizada! Arnav swallowed the insult silently. She shouted over the phone asking him did he want to marry her. When he affirmed she told him that she should agree to this marriage just to make his life miserable, Just to make his life hell to live with. But she said she was not inclined to waste her life over him. She screamed that she preferred to live as a spinster doing mundane work rather than marry him. When he said Khushi she lashed out at him for taking her name and continued to say you... you... as she did not want to use abusive words. Arnav with a smile, completed for her saying his full name Arnav Singh Raizada. She agreed with what he said and repeated by saying Arnav Singh Raizada as though it was the most abusive word that would demean a person when used!

When she paused for breath panting after the harangue, he asked her to marry him. He told her that she could take her revenge for each and every insult that he had dished out and she had every right to do so. When he paused he felt silence at the other end and on careful listening he heard the sounds of sniffing. He knew that she was in tears and would bawl her eyes out. He cut the call and sped in his car to her place.

On reaching her house he asked permission from the elders there to speak to Khushi. Buaji who looking at his haggard anxious face felt her heart melt and nodded as she could never deny anyone anything especially Arnav Babua.

When Payal knocked on Khushi's bedroom door, she heard a muffled coming in reply. Opening the door she went back to sit on her bed averting her face from the line of vision lest her sister sees the traces of tears and her puffy eyes. When the door closed she looked down on her blanket placed on her lap. When she heard her name being called out, shocked she jumped out of bed. Seeing Arnav she said you and asked him what he was doing there. When he told her that he had come to see her, taking up a ready stance for a battle ahead, with her hands on her hips she asked him what. When he simply told her to marry him, she asked him why should she. Moving closer in a soft voice he told her that it was to punish him. Pushing him away she shot back that she was not interested in wasting her life on him. When he told her that Nani, Di and Mami are waiting for her to be part of their family she simply stated that she was not interested to marry a coward. When Arnav opened his mouth deny her allegation, she not being in a mood to listen to him pushed him with her hands on his chest. She reiterated that he was a coward. Seeing the glint of tears in her eyes he cringed and tried to reach her only to be pushed away. When he tried to take her in his arms she dodged him. Pushing him against the wall, catching hold of his collar with both her hands, she called him a cheat who showed her vivid dreams one moment and ripped it away the very next and piercing  her heart with knife with his brutal words and twisting it inside with his ruthless actions. Watching her tears flowing down copiously he felt his heart breaking into smithereens. Khushi was not finished, She told him that he was a coward to hide behind Lavanyaji, scared to admit that he may be feeling something for a help-hand. When he butted with a Khushi she cut him off once again and said that Khushi is dead.He had killed her on Diwali night. She shook him with all her strength not making any efforts to conceal her anguish. Arnav's eyes teared up, his heart full of deep regret for his wrongdoings. He felt his chest constrict with the pain that even to utter her name it took him every ounce of his strength. Continuing her tirade, she asked him that he had come to propose marriage to her? To Khushi Kumari Gupta? The girl whose hand he let go to make her plunge down to the floor below at his  office, the stupid who was a fool enough to accept his challenges and nearly lost her life working for him, the girl who had to succumb to blackmail resorted by his sister to train his girlfriend to be his wife? When she paused for breath he tried to get in a word and called her name Khushi. He felt himself shaken by her slender arms that seemed to have gained strength beyond expectation. He felt remorse for his deeds and hot tears burning his cheeks. With sobs racking up her body, her eyes relentlessly letting the tears flow, she said that she was the Khushi Kumari Gupta he left in cold in his garden and went in to announce his wedding in cold blood to Lavanyaji, the girl he deemed perfect to be his wife, with the class, breeding and education that he wanted his wife to possess. His high-class girlfriend? She told him that he chose Lavanyaji once over her and now why was he there? Did he propose marriage to Lavanyaji  again and she rejected it? Or all the girls belonging to his class are all dead in Delhi? Otherwise why would he come to Laxmi Nagar? How can anyone believe him. He had broken her heart and had promised a new life to Lavanya and later he had thrown her out too. Now he is at her house with a proposal of marriage! How could anyone believe him she asked addressing him as Mr. Raizada.

Arnav kept on butting in between but was not at all successful in making her listen. Continuing her harangue, laughing mirthlessly through her tears, she asked him that if she agrees to marry him and Lavanyaji comes back he would break her heart and go behind Lavanyaji once again. She felt drained out and sagged into his arms. Arnav held her close and saw that her eyelids were drooping and she lad let her complete weight on him. Lifting her in his arms he carried her to the bed. Making her comfortable with her head on pillow and limbs straight he sat on her bed. Cupping her face in his hands he gently brushed away her tears with the pads of his thumb. He heard her mutter for her Amma and Babuji and turn her face slightly to settle it into the cup of his palms that gave her the warmth she sorely needed and settled down to sleep! Arnav sat there watching her sleep to his heart's content, with her cheek cradled in his palms.

When Buaji, Amma and Payal peeped in the sight shocked them. Buaji signaled others to follow her out leaving Arnav and Khushi alone!

This Update shows rage that had been kept smothered all along by Khushi Kumari Gupta.

She who had become an orphan at the tender age of eight had all along learnt to swallow any insults or ill treatment dished out to her because she was after all a lonely soul. Though her adopted family had treated her well, she knew if time comes she would be an outsider. In order not to put herself in such a position she had developed a Happy personality with which she could hide her wounds. This particular trait had helped her all the times to keep herself calm so far.

"The hunger for love is much more difficult to             remove than the hunger for bread"

~ Mother Teresa

When she believed that Arnav had been unfair and put her through the wringer many a time, still not an iota of rage that she had suppressed came out. But when he proposed marriage why then is the question that needs to be pondered.

Tell me when you let your anger out, who will give any credence to what you say? Who is it who bears the brunt and still stays with you?

Its only those people whom you call, think as your own. That is what has happened with Khushi Kumari Gupta. She has given a vent to the rage that was in her only in the presence of Arnav Singh Raizada because she has seen that he had changed and he needed her support to do it. But before getting her love he needed to address the issues raging in her and he needed to know about it. She too needs to change but for that to happen she needs give a vent to her feelings. Once it is done she is bound to feel the relief and able to accept the love that he has shown though not yet verbalized. It is this vent to her anger that has shown to her that Arnav Singh Raizada is able to take things in his stride where she is concerned and is genuinely concerned about her. Or else why will he rush into her house just by sensing over the phone that she was in tears?

"The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it..."

~ Nicholas Sparks,                                                               At First Sight

With all the issues raging in her out in the open now, Arnav knows where he stands and what exactly is his position in her life. She had never opened herself up to her relatives but she has done it to him. It was the same with him too. That's why they have found soul-mates in each other. How long it takes them to verbalize their feelings is yet to be seen but as I see this is their turning point. That's why I call this the RUBICON, which means beyond which there is no going back.

"Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect"

~J.K. Rowling,                                               Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

That's it from me. Hope you enjoy it.

Edited by rulama - 11 years ago
rupzloveu thumbnail
omg omg i love khushi finallyyy she said all her inner feeling to arnav, he feel bad but i guess he deserve it...
awesome update ...
loved it...
john-angad thumbnail
u go khushi, don't give in without a good fight!
deepika45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
congrats on new thread.
buaji supporting arnav and khushi's hidden love. 

RizArshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Amazing update. Loved the way Khushi confronted Arnav. Last update made me feel sorry for Arnav and after reading this one I think I shouldn't have felt sorry for him. Khushi's confrontation reminded me of how much he had hurt Khushi. Now that Khushi has taken out all her bottled up frustration on Arnav I guess she will start melting down a bit. I love this understanding buaji. 
kutkut12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
wow
RizArshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Oh I forgot to congratulate u on ur new thread. Many many congratulations and with this post I become a goldie as well πŸ˜ƒ
smitar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: risat

Oh I forgot to congratulate u on ur new thread. Many many congratulations and with this post I become a goldie as well πŸ˜ƒ

CONGRATS, Goldie!

Smita