-Xpress- thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: nightfury

waiting eagerly πŸ˜ƒ

waiting
mastermagician thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
yaaay!!! another os by smitar !!!!!  i just love her works!!!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ  coming to the update it was fabulous!!! what less can you expect from smitar😳😳
smitar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

Posted Part 3: Pehla Pehla Pyaar He

Smita

rulama thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
OS 2: Finding Khushi

Pa
rt 3: Pehla Pehla Pyaar 

"I am going out for lunch, Khushi.", Munshiji said. "I will get you the next batch of files when I return. You have your food and rest for a few minutes."

"Ji.", replied Khushi, over the noise of the radio that Munshiji switched on when he came to work in the morning and switched off only when he left in the evening.

"Dil Garden Garden Ho Gaya...", the radio sang.

It was company for them. Stuck in the godown filled with cabinets & racks of files, the elderly man and the young girl needed the company of the friendly voice on the radio, the songs, the news...

Khushi saved the entries she had made, shut down the laptop she had been given, and got up to wash her hands and face. Drying herself, she took out her lunch box from her bag, and sat down at a small table to have her meal. 

Poori .. aaloo.. jalebi... Her favourite food. And Buaji had smuggled the sweet into the box to tempt her appetite. Because Khushi no longer ate well...

The radio played an advertisement for slimming tea.

She tore a piece of the poori and dipped it into the aloo curry. She stared at the food held in her fingers. She was not hungry. But if she didn't eat it, her Buaji would want to know why. She slowly brought it to her mouth.

Pehla Pehla Pyaar He..., the radio crooned. Khushi looked at it, startled.

Pehli Pehli Baar He...
Jaan Ke Bhi Anjaana 
Kaisa Mera Yaar Hai...

Her fingers dropped the morsel into her lunch box. She got up to switch off the radio. The last thing she needed right now was a pesky love song that gnawed at her heart strings ... The look in his eyes as he had walked towards her by the pool... the feel of his hand as he had cupped her cheek... the way her heart had felt as though it would shudder to a stop... 

Two weeks without seeing him had done little to diminish the burn, the hurt, the pain of him sticking a knife in her heart and pushing it in... Pehla Pehla Pyaar! Love should be banned! Especially when the man you loved was spineless!

Her hand reached towards the radio.

"Khushi..." The whisper reached her over the music.

She froze.

She turned around slowly to see Arnav Singh Raizada standing in her congested office.

Uski Nazar, Palkon Ki Chilman Se Mujhe Dekhti, Uski Nazar... 

Her beautiful eyes... wide with shock... He felt his heart skip a beat before racing faster than his breath. His eyes ran all over her, storing everything he could see for future use and comfort. He clenched trembling fingers.

Uski Haya, Apni Hi Chaahat Ka Raaz Kholti, Uski Haya...

She looked away at the other occupants of the room... the tables, chairs, the old fan, the cabinets & racks with files, Munshiji's old umbrella hanging from the peg... She was in Kanshi Ram's godown... She pinched herself. No, she was not dreaming. She looked into his waiting eyes.

Chhup Ke Kare Jo Wafa, Aisa Mera Yaar Hai ...

Between them rose the ghosts of Khushi & Arnav on Diwali night, their lips on the verge of meeting... Khushi swallowed and looked away. Not again. No more. She had cried enough.

Pehla Pehla Pyar Hai ... Pehli Pehli Baar He...

"Aap? What are you doing here?", she took the initiative, making her voice businesslike.

Woh He Nisha, Woh Hi Meri Zindagi Ki Bhor Hai, Woh He Nisha...

Arnav swallowed at the closed look on her face.

"Di said that your phone is switched off.", he said, his husky voice doing unmentionable things to her spine and nerves. No. No, Khushi. No more tears for an unworthy man.

She straightened her spine, and looked him in the face.
"I am working." Her tone was casual.

Usse He Pata, Uske Hi Haathon Mein Meri Dor Hai, Usse He Pata... 

"Nani called you at night. The phone was still switched off.", Arnav said.

"I return late from work.", she said.

Saare Jahan Se Juda, Aisa Mera Pyaar Hai...

"Di...", Arnav started.

"My work in your house is done. I have moved on to the next job.", she stated simply.

Pehla Pehla Pyar Hai, Pehli Pehli Baar He...

Arnav clenched his jaw. His eyes showered fury at her.

"How can you call it a job? After all the love and respect my family gave you...?"

Khushi smiled at him with pity.

"I took up the job unwillingly because Anjaliji threatened me."

Arnav stared at her.

"I am a Complan boy! I am a Complan girl!", the radio shouted.

"When I refused her offer of a job to train Lavanyaji, Anjaliji said that I would have to pay the 1 lakh I owed you the next morning or turn up at your house for the job."

Arnav felt his breath hitch.

"Why are you surprised? She is your sister, the sister of the great businessman, Arnav Singh Raizada, who is full of dimag..."

"Yeh Fevicol Ki Jod He...", said the radio.

"So, unable to pay the amount, majbooran, I came to your house to teach Lavanyaji. My job was to make Lavanyaji acceptable to Naniji. You did my job for me by proposing marriage to her in front of your guests." Her heart clenched in grief, but she pushed the pricking images away from her mind.

Arnav stared at her without blinking or breathing.

"Lavanyaji became acceptable to your Naniji on Diwali night. My job was done. There was no further need for me to come to your house. I was free of your contract. I could finally lead my own life. Which I am trying to do..." She indicated the room.

"Utterly, Butterly Delicious, Amul Butter!
 Boss Ko Salaam, Subah Sham
To Pure Honge Saare Kaam..
Kyonki Makhan Se Chalti he Duniya...!", the radio informed employees.

"I suppose I should thank you. For my freedom...", Khushi said, her voice bland.

Arnav stood staring at her, unable to speak.

"Magar Chaap Machar Batti!", the radio listed its advantages.

"We may not meet again. So congratulations on your sagai and wedding. And good luck for your life ahead." Khushi smiled.

"Gale Mein Ho Kharash..Ya Band Naak...Vick Ki Ek Goli Lo..."

Arnav turned and walked away.

Khushi sank on the floor, her legs giving way, her eyes filling with tears...

"Women's Horlicks...", sang the radio. "Khud Par Yakeen Karne Lagi... Yeh Sach He Main Badal Rahi Hoon...  Main Badal Rahi Hoon..."

Part 1 & 2 : 77825868                                    Part 4 :77890950

Edited by rulama - 11 years ago
rulama thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

Smita,😊

Here is my interpretation to part 3.

It was lunch time. Munshiji told Khushi that when he comes back after the break he would be bringing the next batch of files to be taken care of. He asked her to have her lunch and rest for a few minutes. Over the sound of the radio that was their constant companion Khushi agreed. For the old man and the young girl amidst the cabinets and racks of files the sound coming from the radio was the only other friendly voice to be heard in the day! Saving her morning work Khushi shutdown her laptop, that had been alloted to her.

Freshening up, she took out her lunch box. It contained poori, aloo and Jalebi, her favorites. Buaji had packed it and had added the sweet to whet her appetite as she no longer ate properly.

While she was looking at the food, the radio was blaring a commercial on slimming tea.

She took a piece of poori dipped in aloo curry and stared at the food held in her fingers. She was not feeling hungry at all. If left it untouched knowing that she'll have to field the battery of questions that her Buaji would fire, she slowly brought it to her mouth.

Just then a song on first love, unrequited love started to play.

Dropping her morsel back into the box, she got up to switch off the radio. The song reminded her of the things that she was trying hard to forget. The look in his eyes as he walked towards her, the feel of his hand cupping her cheek, the way her heart felt when he was near, her unrequited love. Two weeks had gone by without seeing him but it was of no use. The pain, the hurt given by him had not diminished even an iota.

He had made the advancement and then rejected her. He had toyed with her feelings and then trampled it. She felt deep despair and thought that love ought to be banned. Especially when the target of the love was a spineless creature who wouldn't acknowledge it but knew only to run away from it! As her hand reached for the radio, she heard a whispered "Khushi'" over the music. Freezing her action, she slowly turned to find the object of her thoughts in line of her vision. Arnav Singh Raizada had stepped into her congested office.

The song belted out by the radio was describing feelings while meeting the eyes of the first love.

Her eyes rounded  in shock.

Arnav felt his breath hitch, heart skip a beat before racing crazily. His eyes noted each and every part of her, stored it in his memory for his comfort and use. His hand trembled and fingers clenched at the gust of emotion that was brought in by her proximity.

The music continued. Now the song was dwelling on the opening up oneself to one's feeling of wanting.

Khushi who thought she was hallucinating looked around at her surroundings. She found all those as familiar to the ones she had got used at Kanshi Ram's godown. Just to confirm  she pinched herself. Only then she realized that it was not her mind playing tricks on her! He was indeed present and was standing in front of her.

Her eyes met his to the strains of the love song now describing the silent love.

As soon as their eyes met, both  their minds dwelt on the Diwali night, the near kiss that was missed. Swallowing the wave of pain she looked away. She resolved not to let herself be submerged in it. She had cried enough for her lifetime and that's was as far she'll allow herself to go! It has gone on long enough. Now no more tears.

The song was belting out first love and first time..

She initiated the talk. She asked Arnav, what was he doing there?, in a curt business voice.

The song was now describing love as the light of the life.

Arnav swallowed hard at the shuttered look on her face. When he told her that his sister was telling that Khushi's cell was switched off, she spoke nonchalantly, that she was working. His voice was breaking the barriers that she had painstakingly erected. She told herself to be bold, and not to shed tears anymore for a person not worthy of her love or her trust.

The song was dwelling on the knowledge of the love that the life was in the hands of the other.

When Arnav stated that when Nani called at night the phone was still switched off, Khushi curtly told him that she returns late from work.

The song was elucidating the type of love.

When Arnav started to tell her something about his sister, but Khushi cut him and told that her work in his house was over and she has moved on to take the next job, clearly indicating that she no more had any business to enter his house.

The singer was crooning about first love'

Arnav was extremely angry at her cold treatment. Though he clenched his jaw, and refrained himself from spitting out his fury, his eyes were doing it. He asked her, how she could term the help she was rendering as a job when she was showered with so much love and respect by his family. Khushi giving him a smile laced with pity, enlightened him, that she took up the job unwillingly and it was only because of the threat issued by Anjali. Arnav was stunned. He just stared at her.

The radio was airing a commercial and it was the Complan ad in which when the boy shouted that he was a complan boy fortified to face  all the challenges, the girl, not to be outdone  joined  him and said she was a complan girl and equal and up to the challenges.

Khushi told him that when she declined Anjali's offer of a job to train Lavanya, she had threatened to either report for work the next day or pay the one lakh that she owed him as per te contract. Arnav who knew nothing about this  felt his chest constrict. Khushi asked him, why was he surprised? After all, she was the  sister of business tycoon, Arnav Singh Raizada, the clever.

The Commercial had changed in the radio. It was airing Fevicol advertisement eulogizing strength of the unbreakable bond.

Khushi continued to say, unable to pay the amount she had to take up on Anjali's offer to teach Lavanya. The description of her job was to make Lavanya acceptable to Naniji. She told him he did the job for her by proposing marriage to Lavanya in front of his guests. Though her heart was breaking just by remembering, she steeled herself and pushed the images of the Diwali party away from her mind.

Arnav, who was hearing this for the first time was listening with unabated breath.

Continuing her talk, Khushi said on the day, the Diwali night, when Lavanya was accepted by Nani her job had completed. She had fulfilled her job obligation and she was free from his contract. There was no necessity for her to enter his house. Indicating her work place to him she said she was leading her own life.

The commercial now on air was of Amul Butter. It was announcing to its listeners to use Amul butter 'coz, that delicious butter would go a long way just to smooth things for them while dealing with their boss. In other words use Amul butter and butter up your boss! 'Coz life becomes comfortable  when the boss is buttered up.

Khushi told Arnav in a way she was grateful for his help. Arnav just couldn't believe what had happened right under his nose.

The commercial in the radio was listing out the advantages of mosquito coil saying when the coil is used the mosquito becomes silent.

She congratulated him on his coming engagement and wedding and wished him all the very best in his life ahead with a smile.

Now the commercial was for the Vicks drops saying, when there is irritation in the throat or blocked nose, the answer is in Vicks drops.

Arnav just turned and walked away. He didn't utter a single word. He was dumbfounded by all the things that Khushi told. The reality was in exact contrast to what he had believed the situation to be.

Only after he left the building did she succumb to tears.

While the tears were having a free flow the radio was airing a commercial on Women's Horlicks. It was telling ~ Have faith in yourself. It's the truth, I am changing and I have changed.

Ironically the update is filled with IRONY!

"Don't underestimate the value of irony - it is               extremely valuable" 

~ Henry James,                                                               Washington Square

The opening of the update itself demonstrates the fact that it is irony that predominates.

Munshiji is having the company of a young girl at work. I presume he is old!

Then we have the vivacious chatter-box Khushi who revels in the company of people having just Munshi and a radio for company the whole day long!

Arnav Singh Raizada who had always spoken about aukat and middle class had to enter a go down to talk to Khushi Kumari Gupta.

He who had spoken Khushi as a gold digger was being thought by Khushi as unworthy and spineless!

He had thought that she had been hankering to be near him. In reality she had wanted to be as far as possible from him.

He had thought she had wheedled her way in getting appointed to train Lavanya. In reality it was his sister who had resorted to not very nice means to push Khushi into the corner to accept the job.

He had thought that the love showered on her by his family was the reason for her to stick to her job. In reality it was the threat.

He had thought she would jump at the chance to talk to him. In reality she had cold shouldered him.

He had thought Khushi was trying to ingratiate herself into the lives of Raizadas'. In reality she was hell bent on distancing herself from them.

He had thought he could break her will with his ways. In reality she was able to hold herself together and her head high too! It was he who had to go and retrospect a lot!

In the update both Verbal irony and Situational irony are found.

The conversation is filled with verbal irony.

The songs and the commercials were juxtaposed in such a way that situational irony is highlighted.

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman!"

~ William Shakespeare,                                                                King Lear

Well! To top it all it took me so long to write!

IRONY of IRONIES!!!

That's it from me. Hope you enjoy it!

Edited by rulama - 11 years ago
nightfury thumbnail
cant believe he jus walked away 
ads on the radio wer hilarious πŸ˜Š

Edited by nightfury - 11 years ago
Visitor123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Please post chapter 3 in India Forum.