Smitar's OS:Knowing Khushi Part 9 Page 123 (Mar 4)

rulama thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago
Index

KHUSHI SERIES
 1: Knowing Khushi      76799574 
 2: Finding Khushi       77825839
 3: Loving Khushi           87865257
 4: Saving Khushi             91864923
 5: Marrying Khushi      94305002
 6: I Love You, Khushi  98843109

ARNAV SERIES
 1. Thanking Arnav       99193171  
 2. Recalling Arnav - I    99755149
 3. Recalling Arnav - II  104160672

KNOWING KHUSHI

Thread 1:

Part 1:https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3451693#76799652                                    76799599

Part 2:https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=14                                                                76880473 

Part 3:https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22                                                                76901659 

Part 4:https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=42                                                                77057992 

Part 5:https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=56                                                                77138938

Part 6:https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=72                                                                77233556

Part 7:https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=91                                                                77333653

Part 8:https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=102                                                              77361083

Part 9:https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=123                                                              77417474 

Thread 2:

Part 10:https://www.indiaforums.com/forum_posts.asp? 
TID=3467519&PID=77486775&#77486775       77486775 

SCROLL DOWN    
Edited by rulama - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rulama thumbnail
OS 1: Knowing Khushi

Part 1: A Meeting

Arnav Singh Raizada looked fire at the doomed model who had thought that she could seduce her way into landing a plump modelling contract with his firm.

"Get out!", he shouted, throwing her portfolio of photos towards the door, as though to show her the way.

The model yelped. And then scurried towards and out of the door as fast as her 6-inch heels and miniscule dress allowed, leaving her file behind.

Arnav looked at the file lying near the door with contempt. A frown formed between his perfectly shaped eyebrows. What were a pair of cheap shoes doing next to the file?

He looked up, moving his eyes slowly up from the jootis to the tight pink pyjamas to a flowing anarkali in pink, flaring around full hips to a slim waist, up to a full bosom, a slender neck with a thin dupatta coiled around it, and up to the most beautiful face he had ever beheld in all of his 28 years.

Scared hazel eyes looked into his hot, angry ones. His gaze narrowed on her face, anger at himself for feeling his breath hitch at the sight of her face radiating from his eyes.

He saw her clench her fist around the fringe of the dupatta in fear.

"Who the hell are you?", the lion growled.

"Kh..kh..ushi K..kumari G.gupta.", the lamb replied.

"What are you doing here?", he bit out. Khushi'.Nice name, although right now she didn't look very happy to be standing in his office.

"I wanted to talk to you...", Khushi mumbled.

Arnav Singh Raizada raised his famous eyebrow.

"Talk to me? Really?" His look was a mixture of astonishment & pity.

"Ji'. You are Arnav Singh Raizada, aren't you?", Khushi made sure.

"I am. Did you really think you could walk into my office and'..TALK to me?", the business tycoon drawled.

"Ji. If it was late in the evening and you were alone in the office, I knew I could reach you and talk to you in private.", Khushi confessed.

Arnav's silence was a question.

"I came to your office many times, met your receptionist and your private secretary many times... But I couldn't get an appointment to see you. Then I realised that you let your secretary go home at 6 even if you stay back working later than that. I knew you would be alone..."

Arnav Singh Raizada's eyebrows were up in the air.

"So strong a desire to see me? You must need something badly. What is it? Charity? A job?"

"No!" Her eyes were wide and sincere.

"And why couldn't you get an appointment?" Arnav crossed his arms and cocked his head.

Khushi twisted her hands together, looking flustered for a moment. "Because I couldn't tell them why I wanted to see you."

Arnav looked at her. He then looked at the pile of work waiting for him. She was more interesting. Any day. There was no contest.

"Sit down.", he ordered.

She sat at the edge of a chair. He slipped into his power seat.

"Speak.", he ordered.

Khushi hesitated.

"Time is money, Khushi Kumari Gupta.", Arnav Singh Raizada whispered in his husky, dangerous-sounding voice.

Khushi looked into his burning eyes and gulped.

"And my time is worth a lot of money.", ASR made it very clear, leaning back in his large chair.

"Acha?" Innocent eyes looked into his devious ones. She then unzipped her colourful cloth bag and started searching for something she couldn't find.

Out came a small idol of Devi Maiyya. Khushi placed it on his table. She then delved into the bag, and deposited a bright red umbrella near the idol. A packet of channa. A cover of ber?

Arnav looked at the increasing pile of things on his table with wide eyes, unable to believe what he was seeing.

With a triumphant grunt, she pulled out what she had been looking for. Her purse. A small, red purse. Full of beads & sequins. A cheap, shining purse. She unzipped it and took a crumpled 100 rupee note from it. She tried to straighten it and do away with the wrinkles unsuccessfully, and then placed it in front of him, on his table.

"Will this do?", she asked, her direct eyes on his.

If she were not so serious, he would think her mad'. certifiable... crazy..., he thought. Was he dreaming? But...but he never dreamt...

"Is it too much?", she asked, a frown on her face.

ASR shook his head slowly to mean 'No'.

"Is it too little?" She was serious.

"No.", Arnav Singh Raizada croaked.

Khushi sighed in satisfaction. Arnav watched her filling her bag once more with mesmerised eyes. In went the chana, the ber, the umbrella, the purse, & the idol.

"Can I talk now?", Khushi asked.

Arnav Singh Raizada, the business tycoon, could only nod.

Part 2:   76880473 
Edited by rulama - 11 years ago
rulama thumbnail

Smita,😊

Here is my interpretation to Part 1.

This update is about power or capacity or the ability to produce results... EFFICACY.

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence"

~ Helen Keller

Arnav Singh Raizada looked fire at the doomed model who had thought that she could seduce her way into landing a plump modelling contract with his firm.

"Get out!", he shouted, throwing her portfolio of photos towards the door, as though to show her the way.

"If anger were mileage, I'd be a very frequent flyer, right up there in First Class" ~ Gina Barreca

The model yelped. And then scurried towards and out of the door as fast as her 6-inch heels and miniscule dress allowed, leaving her file behind.

Arnav looked at the file lying near the door with contempt. A frown formed between his perfectly shaped eyebrows. What were a pair of cheap shoes doing next to the file?

"His mouth would have given despair to even the drollest of fools; it was a mouth made for frowns and scowls and sharply worded commands, all thin pale lips and clenched muscles, a mouth that had forgotten how to smile and had never known how to laugh" ~ George R.R. Martin, A Clash of Kings

He looked up, moving his eyes slowly up from the jootis to the tight pink pyjamas to a flowing anarkali in pink, flaring around full hips to a slim waist, up to a full bosom, a slender neck with a thin dupatta coiled around it, and up to the most beautiful face he had ever beheld in all of his 28 years.

"Beauty is the illumination of your soul"

~ John O'Donohue, Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom

Scared hazel eyes looked into his hot, angry ones. His gaze narrowed on her face, anger at himself for feeling his breath hitch at the sight of her face radiating from his eyes.

He saw her clench her fist around the fringe of the dupatta in fear.

"Do not be afraid; our fate

Cannot be taken from us; it is a gift"

~ Dante Alighieri, Inferno

"Who the hell are you?", the lion growled.

"Kh..kh..ushi K..kumari G.gupta...", the lamb replied.

"What are you doing here?", he bit out. Khushi... Nice name, although right now she didn't look very happy to be standing in his office.

"You can spit on a rose, but it's still a rose"

~ Marty Rubin

"I wanted to talk to you...", Khushi mumbled.

Arnav Singh Raizada raised his famous eyebrow.

"Talk to me? Really?" His look was a mixture of astonishment & pity.

"Ji... You are Arnav Singh Raizada, aren't you?", Khushi made sure.

"I am. Did you really think you could walk into my office and... TALK to me?", the business tycoon drawled.

Did your mom ever tell you, 'If you can't say something nice, don't say anything'? She was right.. and talking nicely also applies when you're talking to yourself, even inside your head"

~ Victoria Moran, Younger by the Day: 365 Ways to Rejuvenate Your Body and Revitalize Your Spirit

"Ji. If it was late in the evening and you were alone in the office, I knew I could reach you and talk to you in private.", Khushi confessed.

Arnav's silence was a question.

"I came to your office many times, met your receptionist and your private secretary many times... But I couldn't get an appointment to see you. Then I realised that you let your secretary go home at 6 even if you stay back working later than that. I knew you would be alone..."

"Each meeting occurs at the precise moment for which it was meant. Usually, when it will have the greatest impact on our lives"

~ Nadia Scrieva, Fathoms of Forgiveness

Arnav Singh Raizada's eyebrows were up in the air.

"So strong a desire to see me? You must need something badly. What is it? Charity? A job?"

"No!" Her eyes were wide and sincere.

"And why couldn't you get an appointment?" Arnav crossed his arms and cocked his head.

Khushi twisted her hands together, looking flustered for a moment. "Because I couldn't tell them why I wanted to see you."

"When pure sincerity forms within, it is outwardly realized in other people's hearts" ~ Lao Tzu

Arnav looked at her. He then looked at the pile of work waiting for him. She was more interesting. Any day. There was no contest.

"Sit down.", he ordered.

She sat at the edge of a chair. He slipped into his power seat.

"Speak.", he ordered.

Khushi hesitated.

"Time is money, Khushi Kumari Gupta.", Arnav Singh Raizada whispered in his husky, dangerous-sounding voice.

"Time is what we want most, but... what we use worst" ~ William Penn

Khushi looked into his burning eyes and gulped.

"And my time is worth a lot of money.", ASR made it very clear, leaning back in his large chair.

"Acha?" Innocent eyes looked into his devious ones. She then unzipped her colourful cloth bag and started searching for something she couldn't find.

"It's innocence when it charms us, ignorance when it doesn't"                       ~ Mignon McLaughlin

Out came a small idol of Devi Maiyya. Khushi placed it on his table. She then delved into the bag, and deposited a bright red umbrella near the idol. A packet of channa. A cover of ber?

Arnav looked at the increasing pile of things on his table with wide eyes, unable to believe what he was seeing.

"The way to find a needle in a haystack is to sit down"          ~ Beryl Markham, West with the Night

With a triumphant grunt, she pulled out what she had been looking for. Her purse. A small, red purse. Full of beads & sequins. A cheap, shining purse. She unzipped it and took a crumpled 100 rupee note from it. She tried to straighten it and do away with the wrinkles unsuccessfully, and then placed it in front of him, on his table.

"You can be happy with money and you can be wretched with it. It depends on what kind of person you are"                     ~ Taylor Caldwell

"Will this do?", she asked, her direct eyes on his.

If she were not so serious, he would think her mad.. certifiable... crazy..., he thought. Was he dreaming? But...but he never dreamt...

"Is it too much?", she asked, a frown on her face.

"Never frown even when you are sad, because you never know, who is falling in love with your smile"

ASR shook his head slowly to mean 'No'.

"Is it too little?" She was serious.

"No.", Arnav Singh Raizada croaked.

Khushi sighed in satisfaction. Arnav watched her filling her bag once more with mesmerised eyes. In went the chana, the ber, the umbrella, the purse, & the idol.

"Can I talk now?", Khushi asked.

Arnav Singh Raizada, the business tycoon, could only nod.

"I would rather my heart be without words than my words be without heart"   ~ LaMar Boschman

Arnav Singh Raizada, a businessman, possessed with acute business acumen and short temper, a lethal combination that the model had misjudged. She had been under the impression that the handsome icon of fashion world was sport enough to get himself submerged in her ample assets and it would be a cake walk for her to warm his bed and worm out plump modeling contracts in return! But the man with lethal looks was offended beyond proportions. His anger rose to the forefront and earned her a "Get out!" a hair raising shout, followed by her portfolio darting like a missile towards the open doorway.

The model yelped and rushed out as fast as her ridiculous dress and heels allowed her to without even stopping to grab her portfolio.

"Anybody can become angry... that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way... that is not within everybody's power and is not easy"

While Arnav looked at the portfolio with disgust, he found a pair of cheap shoes besides it. With a frown he slowly looked up to see a pretty girl in a pink Anarkali, possessing a beautiful face he had ever seen!

"Glamour is a shooting star, it catches your eye, but fades away, beauty is the sun, always brilliant day after day"                   ~ Mike Dolan

She was scared! After seeing her expression he admonished himself for being blown away by this beauty!

Seeing her nervousness, he growled, "Who the hell are you?" "Kh.. kh.. ushi K.. kumari G. gupta" was the meek reply. "What are you doing here?" he asked tersely. But in his mind he thought, Khushi,  a beautiful name. "I wanted to talk to you..." Khushi who was already nervous mumbled.

Raising an eyebrow, his trademark, he expressed his surprise at her answer wanting to talk to him!

After confirming that he was indeed Arnav Singh Raizada, she told him of her earlier attempts to meet him. She told him that she wanted to meet him but couldn't get an appointment from either his receptionist or his secretary, as she wouldn't divulge the nature of work she had, to necessitate the meet. When she realized that on the days he worked late in the evening, after all his employees left she would be able to meet him and here she was on one such day.

Seeing that she had undergone so much of trouble to meet him, he thought she must have either come for some donation or to procure a job.

When with all sincerity oozing out of her eyes she denied it, he was surprised! Having ruled out the usual possibilities he was curious to know then why she couldn't get to meet him during office hours. Khushi twisting her duppata told him it was because she couldn't divulge her reasons to them.

Arnav thinking of the uninteresting pending work, thought Khushi Kumari Gupta was a better option. He asked her to take a seat and speak. Seeing her hesitation once more, he whispered to her in his husky voice, "Time is money, Khushi Kumari Gupta" and his time was precious, worth a lot of money and she better talk fast!

"Three things you can't recover in Life:

The Moment - after it's missed

The Word - after its said

and

The Time - after it's wasted"

Khushi being innocent was not aware of what he implied. She opened her cloth bag and started to search. When she wasn't able to find what she was looking for the contents of her bag came out on to his table. A small idol of Devi Maiyya, a bright red umbrella, a packet of channa, and a cover of ber making Arnav wide eyed with disbelief!

"I'm never sure what's coming next, but I'm an open   minded person and I welcome any challenge"                                                 ~ Sarah Polley

Finally she was able to procure what she was searching. It was a small, red, bead and sequined shiny purse, a common market product. Straightening a folded hundred rupee note, Khushi placed it on his table and asked him will that be sufficient for him to give her some time. Arnav who was never subjected to this treatment, of taking him by his words literally was dumbfounded. If not for her sincere and  serious attitude he would have thought that she was a  lunatic. It was bizarre. When these thoughts were swirling in his mind, she asked, "Is it too much?" with a frown. When he negated by shaking his head slowly she promptly asked, "Is it too little?"

Arnav just couldn't believe what was going on. Again he negated and watched her mesmerized. With a satisfied sigh that she could recompense for his time, after placing all her things in her bag she asked him, "Can I talk now?"

Arnav Singh Raizada, the business tycoon, known for cutting remarks and the last word was rendered speechless and resorted just to nod his head in assent!

We see in this update, Arnav Singh Raizada, has the power that made the model cower at his wrath.

Then we see him intimidating Khushi with the  aura he exudes. She having witnessed the model's marching orders was frightened but soon recovered.

"It's kinda fun to do the impossible" ~ Walt Disney

Later having gained her confidence back she asks for a chance to talk. When told his time is precious and it costs a lot she offers him a hundred rupee note.

"To succeed, one cannot afford to be a realist"

~ Albert Bandura

This caught him unaware. He was made speechless. She had the power to catch his attention and make a lion listen to a lamb without biting her head off.  
"People's level of motivation, affective states and actions are based more on what they believe than on what is objectively the case" ~ Albert Bandura

That's why it is EFFICACY.

That's it from me. Hope you enjoy it.

Edited by rulama - 11 years ago
ace13 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i m so happy to see this os of yours...
😊
waiting for lots of other os to come
moomin4455 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Time is money, but our Khushi deserves a discount!!

Very cute OS!
.crazzy4arshi. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
lovely starting
waiting to read more

manikka thumbnail
res

loved it...
poor khushi for so many days she waited till six to see if he is in his office alone???????
gr8...her bag contains very interesting items which i swear arnav has never seen in his life till now...
ye 100 rs. ka kya chakkar hai boss???????
i guess its the base of ur story...
continue soon...
Edited by manikka - 11 years ago
laksh65 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
such a cute one.  loved it thanks for the pm rulama. 
sagmruswe thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow..nice strt, arnav xpressn is hilarious
-Xpress- thumbnail
this is just so cute and interesting