Users

Frequent Posters

arshiipkkndluv thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
congrats on the new thread πŸ₯³,,awesome update loved it
jahnvi.luvs.ASR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
bhaiyya :D poor arnav...i just wonder what his expressions were...
loved the update...
chupachup thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
nice..reminds me a lote of the days of pre payash wedding..
update soon
amritafan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wow.eagerly wiating what will happen now
rati123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
"Jiju or Bhaiyya !! " was hilarious. Arnav was surely shocked. Manorama mami will keep eye on them both. Hope this leads to the second wedding !
smitar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

Posted Part 10, Section 1

Enjoy!

Smita

rulama thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
OS 2: Finding Khushi

Part 10 

Section 1

She needed a plan, Khushi decided. A plan to handle the mess her life had become since Diwali. 

Running away was an attractive option. A very, very attractive one. But not practical. Khushi twisted her lips in annoyance. She couldn't spend all her life running away from the Rakshas. Especially since they were going to be related through Jiji & Akashji's marriage'

She would have to stay away from him. Being in the same room was hazardous to her health and her sanity. Her dhak dhak & acidity would kill her if her anger did not. 

And he would still be smiling in that irritating, superior way of his while she lay dying on the floor!

He would gloat about getting her back in RM after she had tried every trick in the book to avoid that very situation. Khushi clenched her fists. 

She couldn't stop him from gloating, but she could pretend not to see it. There was no rule against being blind and deaf and dumb when he came close to her, was there?

She looked at the smiling visage of Devi Maiyya.

"Laugh! You sit there and laugh! Why should you not laugh? It is very amusing to see me worrying and fretting about him, isn't it? How many times did I ask you not to let him appear in front of me? How many jalebis did I give you? And you still'.! Why are you favouring him over me? Don't forget that you are my Devi Maiyya, not his.", she huffed. "Partiality! That's the problem. Partiality. Why? He doesn't even believe in God. Then why are you so kind to him? Did he smile at you and make khichdi of your brain too?"

Devi Maiyya's smile did not waver.

Khushi sighed. She had to handle him carefully. She was alone here. No Devi Maiyya, no Buaji, no Amma, no Babuji, & no Jiji. Just her.

Buaji asked the sales girl to show her the red sari.

The girl spread it over the table. It was beautiful. Red silk with a gold border with a line of green.

"Titliyaa, take this. Wear it for the sagai.", Buaji suggested.

Khushi looked at the sari in horror.

Scenes from Diwali night flashed through her head. Her red sari that had been meant for Lavanyaji, the way in which he had looked at her, the poolside, the sprain, the way in which he had squatted at her feet and twisted her foot, made her wear the payal''' and then ''. and then come close to her''.. cupped her face '''

"No!", gasped Khushi, clutching her heart. "No. I won't wear red."

"Kaa hua, Nandkisore!", Buaji asked. "Won't wear red? Why? Have you become a bull instead of my Titliyaa?", she teased.

Khushi smiled wanly. What did poor Buaji know of her travails?

Arnav sat in the living room, working on his laptop. 

Akash, Mami, Mamaji, Nani, & Di were sitting around him, examining the rings and jewellery sets in many boxes displayed by the jeweller.

He heard them exclaim at the beauty of various pieces, but his eyes and focus remained on his work.

"Akash, choose this ring. The diamond is beautiful and the setting is grand. It will suit Payalji!", he heard Di suggest.

"Ji, Di. It is beautiful. I will take this.", said Akash.

"Chotey, look at the ring. Do you like it?", Di asked.

Arnav glanced at it for a second, and said absent mindedly, "Fine."

Di sighed. "This boy! How can you live, breathe, & sleep work?"

"It ijj your brother's marrijjj'.to a kangal girl, Arnav Bitwaa! Look at the ring!", said Mami.

Arnav heard none of this. His eyes were on the screen.

"So the sagai ring has been selected. Now I will looks at the sets. After all, I am going to be a Saasumma! Position maintain karega padi!", declared Mamiji.

"You just need an excuse to shop, Manorama!", he heard Nani tease Mami.

All laughed. 

Arnav frowned at the screen.

"Anjali Bitiyaa, select a ring for Khussi Bitiyaa. I want to give it to her.", said Nani.

Arnav looked up from the screen at the mention of Khushi's name.

Mami, Di, & Nani stared at him.

He quickly lowered his eyes to the screen.

The ladies looked at each other.

Then Mami picked a ring. "Do you think this will suit her, Hello Hi Bye Bye?"

"Haan, Manorama. This ring will be perfect for Khussi Bitiyaa's finger.", said Nani, smiling.

Arnav leaned forward to look at the ring. He failed to notice the ladies staring at him.

"It will be too big for her. Her fingers are slender.", he said before turning to  stare at his screen.

The ladies gaped at him.

The doorbell rang.

HP opened the door.

"HP! How are you?", a cheerful voice greeted him.

"NK Bhai!", squealed Anjali.

All went to the door to see Nand Kisore in a yellow T-shirt, blue jeans, & brown jacket, hauling heavy bags.

"My nephew from Kidney!", Mami gasped in joy.

"Naniji, Di, Maasi!", he greeted them. "Yeh Akash, naughty boy! Going to marry Ankletji, eh?"

All laughed. 

"Nannav, when is your turn?", NK teased him.

Arnav raised an eyebrow.

"Nannav, no. Don't raise your eyebrow. Woh kya he, Di, I feel I am still in the principal's room being scolded for something I didn't do when he does that!"

All laughed.

Part 9: 78314024               Part 10:  Section 2: 78434751 

Edited by rulama - 11 years ago
rulama thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

Smita,😊

Here is my interpretation for Part 10, Section 1.

Khushi on retrospection decided to chalk out a plan to handle the mess her life had turned out to be after Diwali. Running away was an attractive option but was not a feasible one. Feeling annoyed, twisting her lips she thought that she couldn't spend all her life running away from the Rakshas as they were going to be related through her sister's marriage. She would have to stay away from him. Sharing the space however big it was.  by itself was  an attack on her health and sanity and was not at all an option. Even if she survives her bouts of anger, that always seems to be simmering when he is around, the pace of her heart beat and the acidity she gets would be her downfall! If ever this happens she was dead sure it would make him give that exalted smile, that he seems to have perfected, while she was breathing her last! Imagining his exultation, at his success on making her re-enter into RM after foiling all her plans to thwart his unsuccessful attempts up till now, made her clench her fists.

She thought, though she couldn't stop him from crowing over, she could do something else that was within her capacity, which was to pretend not seeing it.  There was no rule against giving him a Royal Ignore and nobody could fault her for it!

Her eyes fell on the smiling visage of the benign Devi Maiyya. She told her friend DM, to laugh, laugh at all the things that she finds amusing that is happening in her life. She reprimanded her for not listening to her however many times she had asked her not to let Arnav appear before her. She(DM) had not listened. However many times she had offered her favorite jalebi's to her, it had not borne fruit. Though she (Khushi) was the one to give Her (DM)  the offerings, he was the one who was getting all the favors from Her(DM)? Khushi admonished Her for favoring him. She reminded Her that She was her Devi Maiyya and not his. Continuing her harangue she told that it was favoritism, pure favoritism! Why was he being given preference when he doesn't even believe in God. When that is the case why was She kind to him? She asked her DM did Arnav smile and make a khichidi of Her brain too. Her rant showed how much the presence of Arnav Singh Raizada affected Khushi Kumari Gupta. Once she had let her steam out, she resigned herself to the fact that she was all alone and she herself had to strategize and had to handle the Arnav factor carefully.

While shopping for the wedding finery, Buaji asked the sales girl to show her a red saree that had caught her eye. When it was opened they found it was beautiful. It was a red silk saree with gold border and had a line of green at its edge. Buaji told Khushi to select it and wear it for the engagement. Khushi was appalled at the suggestion. It brought in bitter sweet memories of Diwali. The red saree meant for Lavanyaji, the way his eyes had followed and bored into her, the memories of the poolside encounter, the sprain, the way he went down on his knees and corrected the twist, the soft grasp of his firm warm hands, the way he had gently placed her foot on his thigh while he adorned it with payal, and then the way he had come closer and closer and cupped her face. The memories were too many. They were heart wrenching. Even now they were capable of flooding her senses. They had no place in her life now. Khushi declared that she will not chose the red color. Seeing her reaction, Buaji teased her why would she not opt for red? Has she changed from being Buaji's beautiful butterfly to a bull that works itself into a rage if it sees red?  Khushi giving her a ghastly smile thought what would Buaji know about her grief!

Meanwhile at RM, Arnav was working on his laptop in the living room, while, Akash, Di, Nani, Mamaji and Mami were sitting around him and selecting the jewells displayed by the jeweler who had brought it to their house. He heard them eulogizing each and every piece. Though he heard their talk, he was focused on his work. When Anjali told Akash to chose the diamond studded ring for Payal saying that it was beautiful, the setting has enchanced its grandeur and it'll suit Payal  Akash agreed with her and chose it. She called out to her brother and asked him whether he liked it, he merely glanced at it and said fine before immersing himself in his work. Exasperated, Anjali sighed and said, how could he live, breathe and sleep for work. Mami too joined in and said that it was his brother's wedding to a girl from not so well to do family. He needed to take more interest and asked him to look at the ring. Arnav was so engrossed in his work that their admonition just flew over his head.

Mamiji then declared that since the sagai ring was now decided, its time for her to choose her jewel set as she was going to be a mother-in-law and it was essential that she maintained her position. Her reason to chose a set for herself had everybody but Arnav in splits.

Just then Nani asked Anjali to select a ring for Khushi saying that she wanted to gift her one. Arnav till then who was concentration personified looked up from the screen at the mention of Khushi's name. Mami, Nani and Anjali stared at him. Seeing their eyes on him he lowered his gaze on the screen. Ladies looked at each other.

Mami picking a ring asked others in general but with her eyes on Arnav, whether that ring would suit Khushi. Nani with a smile dancing on her lips, told her that ring was perfect for Khushi. Arnav without bothering to look at them lurched forward to have a look at it. He not only gave the choice of ring his full attention but also casually pointed out that the ring was of wrong size and they needed to choose a smaller sized one, before immersing himself in his work.

With one shot he had the ladies stumped with realization that he had noticed even the minute detail, the size of Khushi's ring finger. The ladies were left gaupping.

When the doorbell rang, HP opened the door. He was greeted by a cheery voice enquiring about him. It suddenly struck a realization chord in them, followed by NK Bhai! a sharp shriek from Anjali. All went to the door to greet the guest. There stood Nand Kisore clad casually in a yellow T-shirt, blue jeans, brown jacket with his baggage. Manorama's joy knew no bounds to see her nephew from Sydney. He greeted Nani, Maasi and Di. Seeing Akash he ribbed him saying. "Yeh Akash, naughty boy! Going to marry Ankletji, eh?" making all laugh. He turned to Arnav and asked Nannav, when was his turn. At this, Arnav raised an eyebrow. NK asked him not to raise his eyebrow and told Anjali that, whenever he raised his eyebrows he felt he was being scolded by his principal for something wrong, that he didn't even commit in the first place, making the house fill with laughter.

This update is about INVESTIGATION.

The term Investigation comprises of analysis, examination, exploration, interrogation, reconnaissance, scrutiny, strategy and test. All these fall within the scope of this update!

In the beginning Khushi Kumari Gupta analyses her life and strategizes her mode of action based on the feasibility factor.

She comes to the conclusion that to avoid him and give Royal Ignore to his tactics was the ideal strategy to follow.

Her strategy included not wearing anything in red his favorite color.

Unknown to him Arnav Singh Raizada is subjected to examination. The Raizada ladies are on a reconnaissance mission.

"You know my method. It is founded upon the             observation of trifles"

~ Arthur Conan Doyle,                                            The Boscombe Valley Mystery

Scrutinizing the facts before them, they felt that first they had to rule out certain other possibilities.

"You know my methods. Apply them"

~ Arthur Conan Doyle,                                                        The Sign of Four

They explore the possibility of him being  interested in any other girl by interrogating him to look at Payal's ring. They do not elicit any response other than a cursory glance, that too at their insistence.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever             remains, no matter how improbable, must be the       truth"

~ Arthur Conan Doyle,                                                      The Sign of Four

But their strategy meets success, when they talk about selecting a ring to Khushi. This was a test they had put up just to know his reaction.

Arnav saying that the size of the ring needed to be changed into a smaller one reinforced their suspicion.

"No man burdens his mind with small matters             unless he has some very good reason for doing so"

~ Arthur Conan Doyle,                                                        A Study in Scarlet

They knew their investigation was on right track and needed to see the reaction of Arnav and Khushi together.

"Whenever you've eliminated the impossible,               whatever remains, however improbable, must be       the truth"

~ Arthur Conan Doyle

Entry of NK was a blessing in disguise to these sleuths. Arnav's reaction when Khushi meets another male (NK) will be under close scrutiny as her reaction to Akash was rather well known as that equation was of Brother-Sister and now it would be that of Jiju-Saali.

What a lovely time for the sleuths with the on-going INVESTIGATIONS!

"In my experience, boys are predictable. As soon as    they think of something, they do it.                              Girls are smarter... they plan ahead. They think        about not getting caught."

~ Eoin Colfer,                                                           Half-Moon Investigations

That's it from me. Hope you enjoy it!

ADDENDUM

Smita, πŸ˜Š

What do you think? πŸ˜›

I am Sherlock Holmes or Alfred Hitchcock!  πŸ˜‰

I think I'll settle for Shikamaru Nara ~ the strategist of the Japanese manga series Naruto!!!πŸ˜†

Edited by rulama - 11 years ago
-Xpress- thumbnail
hahaha arnav he cannot even miss when kushi name is taken...
and kushi lets see how she will be bling deaf and dumb
and NK entry.. hmm jealousy and all will be there i think ..
looking forward to the next part
Edited by -Sadi- - 11 years ago
robinhood008 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Amazinggg update!!
Yayeee nk entry
Lol out off all the thing he said her finger is slender...how wud his di not notice how much he notice khushi!!
Edited by robinhood008 - 11 years ago