Smitar's OS 2: Finding Khushi Part 8 Pg121(Mar 15)

rulama thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago
 Index

Smita's Index of words 
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/2652341

KHUSHI SERIES
 1: Knowing Khushi      76799574 
 2: Finding Khushi       77825839
 3: Loving Khushi           87865257
 4: Saving Khushi             91864923
 5: Marrying Khushi      94305002
 6: I Love You, Khushi  98843109

ARNAV SERIES
 1. Thanking Arnav       99193171   
 2. Recalling Arnav - I    99755149
 3. Recalling Arnav - II  104160672

FINDING KHUSHI

Part 1 
   & 
Part 2:                   Page 1    77825868

Part 3:                   Page 11  77844153

Part 4:                   Page 28   77890950 

Part 5:                   Page 51   77994154 

Part 6:                   Page 72   78065794  

Part 7: Section 1: Page 91   78152940           

Part 7: Section 2: Page 106 78185002 

Part 8:                   Page 121 78244806

THREAD TWO
 https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3487737                                                                               
Part 9:                           Page 1     78314024           

To all the New Readers,

For technical reasons, Smita is unable to post her FF. Hence I am posting it for her, in order to get our daily ration of her stories.

For Part 1 SCROLL DOWN PLEASE
Edited by rulama - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rulama thumbnail
OS 2: Finding Khushi

Part 1: Out of Reach

Anjali frowned at her phone, and remarked, "It is already 10 o'clock, and Khushiji hasn't come yet."

Arnav looked up from his plate.

"You are right, Anjali Bitiyaa! I was waiting for her. Especially after yesterday's Diwali party and the way in which she helped to bring about and celebrate Chotey & Miss Kasyap's engagement...", Nani said.

Arnav clenched his jaw.

"Haan, Nani. It would never have happened without Khushiji's help...", smiled Anjali.

The spoon in his hand was in danger of being pulverised.

"I will call her.", decided Anjali. "I hope she is not sick'.Not that she ever is.. but...", Anjali called Khushi.

Arnav looked down at his plate, but all his attention, all his senses were focused on the phone Di was holding to her ear.

"Khushiji!", Anjali trilled.

All looked at her.

"Aren't you coming here today?", Anjali smiled.

No one could hear Khushi's reply, but they all saw Anjali's face fall.

Arnav swallowed hard.

"Khushiji.. But we never thought of it as a job ... How can you say that your job is over?... It would be so much fun to plan Chotey's sagai if you were here... After all, you changed Chotey's mind when we had all failed... but... Khushiji..."

Arnav grit his teeth, trying to control his breath.

Nani grabbed the phone from Anjali.

"Khussi Bitiya, why aren't you coming here? We are waiting for you."

She listened carefully.

"I am not going to listen to any of your excuses. Come here today to meet me. Won't you listen to your Nani's words?", Nani wheedled.

A few moments later, she cut the call & handed over the phone to Anjali.

All looked at her.

"She said that she has an interview for a new job today... That we had employed her to make Miss Kasyap acceptable to us, and that her job was done... that she won't be able to come here...", Nani sighed.

Arnav got up and left the table.

Mami said, "Saasumma, she is right. Her job is over. Pay her this month's salary, and say Bye Bye!"

"Manorama!", Nani chided.

"Mami!", protested Anjali.

Part 2: Within Sight

Arnav sat in his car, watching her house.

Khushi left the house and walked the short distance towards Kanshi Ram's grain depot on the next street, her cloth bag swinging against her hip.

She looked pale, thinner... her face drawn... her smile missing... her zest for life gone... Arnav shut his eyes in pain.

"Khushiji! Going to work?", asked Happy Singh, a cheerful smile on his face.

"Ji.", Khushi made an effort to smile.

"Will you be coming here at night? We have a new truck to repair.", Happy Singh invited.

"Ji."

Khushi walked on, feeling the cool morning breeze stir the strands of her hair that had slipped the ugly clips she fastened in her hair above her ears. 

Arnav drove slowly forward, his eyes fixed on the slim figure walking listlessly on the road.

She looked around. Schoolchildren in uniforms waiting for their ride to school. They waved at her. She waved back, smiling for them. 

Men & women going to their offices. Kamla Chachi & Vimla Mausi at the hand pump. Preetho running after a rickshaw. There was a crowd in the kirana store. The paanwala bhaiyya was chatting with the chudiwala, shifting the ball of paan in his mouth to the other cheek to speak better'' 

Life was going on.. moving ahead... She alone was left behind... Alone again... Her chest hurt.

"Will you take channa, Bitiyaa?", the chana seller asked.

"Nahin Bhaiyya, not today.", Khushi refused with a slight smile.

She failed to notice the car crawling after her. Or the man with burning eyes behind the wheel.

Part 3:  77844153

To all the New Readers,

For technical reasons, Smita is unable to post her FF. Hence I am posting it for her, in order to get our daily ration of her stories.
Edited by rulama - 11 years ago
rulama thumbnail

Smita,😊

Here is my chutki of an interpretation for Parts 1 & 2

Part 1

When Anjali found that Khushi hadn't turned up at RM yet eventhough it was past ten, Nani too voiced out her concern.  Nani told her that she was looking forward to seeing her after the Diwali party and her tremendous help in bringing about Chotey and Miss Kasyap's engagement. Anjali too reiterated that it would not have happened if not for Khushi's help.

Anjali told her that she would call and find out and hoped that she was not ill. Arnav, who was a silent witness to this conversation, was getting irritated. He showed his anger on the spoon in his hand. Though he was looking at his plate his mind and senses were focused on Anjali's call.

He heard Anjali asking Khushi wasn't she going to come to RM that day?  Hearing Khushi's reply her face fell. Arnav knew something unpleasant was being said. He heard Anjali telling that they had never thought it as a job. Then how could she say that the job was over. She said it would be so much fun to plan her brother's engagement with her there among them. She had succeeded in getting Arnav change his mind when the rest had failed. Anjali was cut off in between with Kushi talking on the other side.

Arnav was trying to keep a tight leash on his anger.

Nani grabbing the phone from Anjali asked Khushi why wasn't she coming and they were waiting for her to turn up.

After listening to what Khushi had to say Nani said she was not buying her excuses. She had to come and meet her that day. She tried to coax Khushi to come asking her whether she wouldn't listen to her Nani. After she finished her call she told others with a sigh, that Khushi has an interview for her new job that day. They had employed her to make Miss Kasyap fit into the family. As that was done she'll not be able to come there.

Arnav who was sitting there got up and went away. Manorama told Nani that Khushi is right. Paying her off and bidding her adieu was the right thing to do. Manorama's acerbic comment elicited admonition from Nani and protest from Anjali.

This update introduces us to the elusive Khushi being missed and enticed to come over to Raizada Mansion. We see Khushi as a firm girl who refuses to succumb to everything that Nani and Anjali tries.

Arnav who witnesses this is filled with anger. His anger is strange but two-fold. 

One is towards Khushi. He is angry with her coz she didn't turn up at his house. His is a strange case. He wants her around, when she is not and when she is around he wants to drive her away! 

The other is towards himself 'coz, it was his anger that drove her away. His anger made him propose to Lavanya and drove Khushi away. 

This is what is interesting. He is just unable to decide what he wants and what he should really do. The presence of Khushi makes him come out of his comfort zone. He is attracted to her and is fighting against it with all his might. Infact, for the battle within himself, Khushi is the victim. 

Khushi by refusing every move made by the members of RM has become ELUSIVE.

Arnav not being able to understand his own behavior, his peace of mind has become ELUSIVE.

Part 2.

Arnav is at Laksminagar near Gupta house observing Khushi as she is getting out of her house. He observes that she looked very different. Her appearance had changed. She looked pale, listless.  Her ever smiling countenance was drawn. The vivacity was missing. Arnav shut his eyes in pain. It was the pain due to the knowledge,that what he saw in her was all because of him. It was the pain that was caused by his thoughtless speech and action due to his anger. His anger had driven him to announce his engagement to Lavanya pushing Khushi away from him and his house.

When Khushi's neighbor, the cheerful Happy Singh asked her, whether she was on her way to work, she affirmed with a smile that was forcefully made to appear on her face. Happy Singh asked her whether she would be assisting him in repairing a new truck that night. The usual dime to dozen chatter-box Khushi was missing. She just said Ji and walked ahead. Arnav who was following her from a distance on his SUV, noticed her lackadaisical walk on the road.

She had lots of friends. Everywhere people would greet her. She was a popular person. People from all walks of life knew her. A group of school children waved at her while they were waiting for their transport. She saw men and women going to offices, a few women at hand pump, her friend Preeto hailing a rickshaw, crowd milling around the grocery store, paan and Chudi vendors chatting. She felt life was moving and all were moving ahead. She was the only one left behind. For her it was history repeating itself. She was back to square one. Her thoughts went back to the time she lost her parents. That feeling of being all alone set in once again. When that feeling set in she always felt like a lone rider riding into the horizon with no real destination. She felt immense hurt. She wondered why life was always dealing her the same hand? Loneliness seem to be the integral part of her life.

The channa vendor asked, whether she wanted to buy her favorite channa, as she did every day? That was one of the simple joys of life she always found irresistible. But today it failed to entice her. She refused with a ghost of a smile appearing on her face. Being, engrossed in her thoughts and misery, she failed to notice either the car crawling after her at a distance, or the man behind the wheels, with a look meant to engulf her.

Both Arnav and Khushi are in pain. For one it is self inflicted, and for the other it is thrust upon. In the process nothing but melancholic thoughts prevail. Hence DESOLATION is the predominant feeling that is prevailing.

That's it from me. Hope you enjoy it.

Edited by rulama - 11 years ago
Tanumon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
sorry for my impatience.
just loved it. it's one of my fav tracks frm ipk & i love ur writing .so it's a double dhamka for me😛
thanks for the pm dear.
Edited by Tanumon - 11 years ago
venkata thumbnail
New is... Awesome update. Loved it.
OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
SO glad you are starting another so soon !! muah Smita !

Edited by Senorita Sanaya - 11 years ago
coolbakes_Jalad thumbnail
awesome update.. continue sooon na!! cant wait👏
Edited by coolbakes - 11 years ago
ameena671 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
wow nice os please continue soon,thank you.
SanzBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Wow Smita is back ! I am sooo happy ! Awesome start as always :)
annieK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Lovely start and huge welcome back to Smita...was following her FF Keeping Khushi and then it disappeared ...hope all is well with her ...
An os I can manage to find but if this is to become longer then may I trouble you for a pm ..?