Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sayali_23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Smitajiii...

as usual beautifulll parts... soo Arnav babuwaaa is all set to get married to khushi bitiyaa along with Payashhh...πŸ˜‰

I support him... just waiting when Khushi betiyaa will accept the proposal...πŸ˜”
segad thumbnail
forget ipk season 2 they should just shoot from your scripts
Sayali_23 thumbnail
OOhhh meriii Smitaa... Looo maine aagaye...

readers ne tohh diye hogee badi badi comments tuzhe...

layee hueee maine tere liyee poem merii...

dil garden garden hogayaa padhake update kahani ki...

intajaar haine ab tohh Kushi ki bass hann kehane ki...πŸ˜‰

jenshad thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Someone PM Me The Blog Like Please πŸ˜³
Sayali_23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Sanz*

Someone PM Me The Blog Like Please πŸ˜³

I send the link... check ur inbox...😊
rulama thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
OS 2: Finding Khushi

Part 15 

Section 1

Khushi looked at Buaji & Amma anxiously.

They were packing the hundreds of things they wanted to take to RM for Jiji's mehendi function. Jiji was settling a shawl around Babuji's frail shoulders, before pushing the wheelchair to the cars that Arnavji had sent.

How to ask...? But how could she not...? His eyes... his smile... Khushi shut her eyes tight, prayed for courage, and ventured, "B..buaji...?"

"Haan, Titliyaa?" Buaji was counting the cones of mehendi.

"You go to RM. I will follow you... later..." There, it was done.

"Hein?", Buaji frowned.

"Munshiji needs my help in the morning. I will go there, help him, and then come to RM." Please... please... Devi Maiyya! Let Buaji agree...

"How long will you take, Sanka Devi?", Buaji asked, her hands on her hips.

"Maybe an hour, Buaji. I will be there by the time Jiji starts to apply the mehendi..." Khushi spoke, her mouth dry.

Buaji looked at Amma.

"It is your sister's mehendi function, Khussi. What will the Raizadas think if you don't reach there on time?", Amma asked, worried.

"I will be on time, Amma. I just need to go to the godown for some time, that's all..."

Reluctantly, Amma & Buaji nodded.

Munshiji looked at Khushi with wide eyes.  She was dressed in a grand orange lehenga, and looked totally out of place in the dingy godown.

"Khushi Bitiyaa, you are on leave today. Why did you come to the office?", asked Munshiji fondly.

Khushi smiled wanly. "I thought I will enter a few pages of data before leaving, Munshiji!", she said. How could she explain about his burning eyes, her dhak dhak & acidity, the torture of his touch, the way in which he looked at her, his smile... Poor Munshiji would have  a heart attack.

His radio played, Jhoot Bole Kauwwa Kaate...

Khushi glared at it, and ran to her laptop.

Arnav looked at the Guptas as they entered the house. Amma & Babuji, Buaji, Payal... Where was Khushi? He leaned forward for a glimpse of her. But...

NK asked what Arnav wanted to ask.

"Where is Khushiji, Buaji?"

Buaji smiled and pulled his cheek. "She had to go to her office. She will be here soon."

NK ran away, clutching his throbbing cheek.

"Bhai, shall we go down?", Akash asked.

Arnav nodded, distracted by Buaji's words.

"Maasi said we are not supposed to go down!", NK complained. "Boys are not supposed to attend the mehendi function."

Akash gasped. There went his plans to see Payal...

"It is so unfair, Nannav! Why should girls have all the fun?", NK asked.

Akash nodded.

"And Khushiji hasn't come yet. I wanted to watch her pehen a saree!", NK sighed.

Arnav & Akash gaped at him.

"What the!" Arnav clenched his fists.

"NK Bhai! What are you saying?", Akash's round eyes peered at NK through his specs.

"I wanted Khushiji to teach me how to pehen a saree so that we can dress like ladies and go down to see the mehendi!", NK clarified, not knowing how close he had been to swallowing his broken teeth.

Nani hugged Buaji and said, "Normally boys don't attend the mehendi, but we would like them to be here." 

Anjali nodded. "Haan, Buaji."

"Our family is finally happy. Many bad memories of the past are being wiped away, slowly. It is time for us to enjoy life, Madhumatiji, and we don't want to keep the boys out of any of those happy moments...", Nani explained.

Buaji nodded. "We don't have any problem with the boys joining us, Devyaniji! The more the merrier, Nandkisore!"

Mami called out, "Arnav Bitwaa! Akash Bitwaa! NK Bitwaa! Come & sit with the girls here. Let ujj put mehendi on you! You bill look bootiphool!"

Arnav looked at the clock and at the crowd of giggling girls in his living room. Where was Khushi?
He had already phoned her 3 times, but she had not answered...

The girls had their heads buried in books with mehendi designs, and were pointing out pretty designs to NK who was having a whale of a time with them. Akash was joined at the hip to Payal, sitting as close to her as possible. Where was Khushi? He pulled his phone out again.

Her phone rang. 'Arnavji.' Khushi looked at the laptop screen with great concentration.

"Bitiyaa, your phone is ringing... again...", Munshiji said as he left the room with a cheque he needed to deposit in the bank.

"Ji...", Khushi smiled at him. Thank God Munshiji was leaving...

"Leave for the mehendi as soon as  your work is done, Khushi. You don't have to wait for me to return."

"Ji...", Khushi sighed.

She had tried so hard! So hard to stay away from him. To ignore him. To avoid talking to him. But... she had failed. Each day had brought a new Arnavji to her, not a stern, angry, cruel man anymore, but a wounded and bleeding boy.

So difficult to ignore... to run away from...

It was easier to ignore that rude man. But now... And Jiji had to get married into that family? As though there weren't any other boy in all of Delhi!

Aaj phir neend ko aankhon se bichadte dekha...

Aaj phir yaad koi chot purani aayi...

Aaj phir yaad mohabbat ki kahani aayi... the radio sang.

She frowned at Devi Maiyya as she sat smiling on Khushi's table.

"Jalebi every week. Aarti everyday. And you can't even keep me out of his way!"

Devi Maiyyya smiled.

"Haan, you sit and smile. Aaram se! Here I am burning like the lamp lit in front of you, and you can't see that!"

Khushi crossed her arms on the table and buried her face in them.

What could she do? She had to attend the mehendi. There was no other way. Or Buaji would fry her instead of pooris that evening! 

But.. but how to look at his face? How to hide her feelings from him? How to put up with her thudding heart and her shortness of breath?

"Khushi...", came the call.

Khushi jerked upright. Arnav Singh Raizada was standing in front of her.. all 6 feet and something of him present along with his coat, suit, & boots to eat into her peace of mind!

"Are you alright?" His face was a picture of anxiety.

How could she be alright when the very root of all her problems was standing right in front of her? 

She sent a scathing glance at Devi Maiyya. I asked you to save me from him, and you sent him to me immediately. Wah! Wah! Dekhti hoon aapko! 

Arnav strode to her, caught hold of her shoulders and lifted her free of the chair.

"You look pale. Khushi, what happened?"

Khushi tried to free herself. How could she not look pale? Any other girl in her place would have become pagal, totally, totally pagal, unable to face the onslaught of such... such... focused attention from Arnavji...

Arnav pulled her into his arms, and hugged her close to him.

"I was waiting for you at home, Khushi.", he whispered.

Khushi nodded, swallowing.

"The girls were ready to put on their mehendi. Only you were not there...", he said.

"Work... I..I had some work...", Khushi gasped.

"That is usually my excuse, Khushi..", he whispered. He dropped a kiss on her plump, warm cheek.

"I told everyone... about Papa... the past. Nani, Di, & Mami cried. It was like a cloud lifting away from our house, Khushi..."

She looked at him.

"Thank you." He kissed her forehead.

Khushi swallowed.

"I didn't do anything.", Khushi protested softly.

"You made me see the lack of logic in the events..." He kissed her nosepin. "made me search for Kusum Bhandari..." He kissed her eyes. "... made me find out the truth..." He kissed her chin. "... freed me from the past..." He kissed her cheek. "...returned my Papa to me..." He aimed for her lips.

Khushi jumped away.

"Mehendi... we have to go..", she stammered.

Mudatton baad chala unpe hamara jaadu...

Mudatton baad hamein baat banani aayi...

Arnav drove with Khushi by his side. He stole frequent glances at her. Khushi looked out through the window to avoid his eyes.

"Khushi..!", he called.

She had to look at him.

"You look beautiful! This colour..."

Khushi blushed. The words and the look in his eyes...

"When will you marry me?", he asked.

Khushi looked out through the window, the pulse in her throat beating madly like the wings of a bird in captivity.

Part 14:Section 3:  79228891  Part 15:Section 2:79526394
Edited by rulama - 11 years ago
rulama thumbnail

Smita,😊

Here is my interpretation to Section 1 of Part 15.

Khushi was looking at Amma and Buaji with an anxious face while they were packing innumerable things to be taken to Raizada Mansion for Her Jiji's Mehenedi Ceremony. Her Jiji was was placing a shawl on their father's feeble shoulders. They were getting ready to go in the cars that Arnav had sent for them.

She kept on debating in her mind as to how to ask and how could she not? All the while his smile, his eyes coming in her mind's eye and playing a havoc on her senses. Squeezing her eyes shut, gathering every bit ounce of courage in her, with a prayer sent to her Devi Maiyya, Khushi called out to her Buaji with much trepidation. Buaji who was counting the cones of Mehendi asked her Titaliya, what the matter was. Khushi asked her to go to RM as she would follow later. Buaji frowned at her Sanka Devi for her new antic. Khushi quickly told her that Munshiji needed her help in the morning and she would help him out and then go to RM. She sent out a plea to her Devi Maiyya for Her Divine intervention. Buaji asked her with her hands on her hips how long would it take? Khushi told her with the dread of not being allowed that it may take her an hour or so and she would be back by the time her jiji would start to apply the mehendi.

Amma who was always conscious what the society would think asked with a worried look what will the Raizada's think if Khussi doesn't reach on time for her only sister's mehendi function. Khushi assured her that she would be on time and all she needed was to go to her work place for some time. With great reluctance, still harbouring doubts Amma and Buaji gave their consent.

Munshiji who had not expected Khushi was wide eyed to see her dressed grandly for the function in a magnificient orange lehenga that looked totally and turn up at work in a dingy godown. It stood in stark contrast and Munshiji asked with fondness why had she come to work place when she was on leave. Khushi giving him a pasty smile said that she thought that she would enter a few pages of data before she was due to be present at the venue. She thought as to how could she explain her dilemma to poor Munshiji? Will he be able to understand about Arnavji's penetrative eyes doing havoc in her system and inciting so many unknown feelings in her, her dhak dhak, acidity, the feelings that his touch invokes, the way it eats up her sleep and when she does sleep the way it makes her flush even in her dreams, his mere look  was enough to give her sleepless nights as well as daydreams and he was a Smiling Assassin. If ever she voiced out her thoughts to Munshiji he was a sure candidate for cardiac failure!

Jhoot Bole Kauwwa Kaate... was the song that was coming out of the Munshiji's radio. As it was reflecting her deeds Khushi glared at it and rushed to her seat and got on with her work.

Arnav who was waiting for Khushi to turn up looked at Guptas' as they entered the house. He found Amma, Babuji, Buaji and Payal but where was Khushi? He peered to get a glimpse of her, but she was not to be seen! Just then unknowingly NK came to his rescue asked what Arnav wanted to know. He asked Buaji where Khushiji was? Buaji with a smile and a tweek on his cheek said that she had to go to her work place and she would join them soon. NK made a quick work of clearing from that place rubbing the reddening cheek vigorously.

Akash asked his brother Arnav whether they could all go over to the hall where the mehendi was being applied. Arnav with his mind occupied by what Buaji had told NK just bobbed his head. When NK told them that his Maasi had said that boys were not meant to attend as it was the exclusive women only Mehendi function Akash exhaled with his shoulders drooping in defeat. All his plans to be with Payal had gone down the drain. NK wailed and asked Arnav whether it was not unfair for only girls to have all the fun. When Akash agreed he continued to say with a heartfelt sigh that Khushiji hadn't come yet and he wanted to watch her wear a saree! Arnav and Akash were left gawking at him. With his fist clenched tight a stern What the! spit out of Arnav. Akash who was also stumped by NK's statement asked him what was he saying? His round eyes practically popped out at NK while peering through his specs. NK clarified that he wanted Khushiji to teach him how to wear a saree so that they could dress up like women and attend the function. NK was unaware as to how close he was to get his teeth realigned

Nani hugging Buaji told her that under usual circumstances boys were not allowed to attend the all women function of mehendi but as an exception this time we would love to have them along. Anjali seconded her. Nani continued to say that her family was happy after a long time with many bad memories of the past being wiped away slowly. So they wanted to share all their good and happy moments to be savoured with the boys too amidst them.

Buaji agreed to it saying that she doesn't have any problem to have boys amidst in their revelry. The more the people the merrier the occasion becomes and memorable too. So Mami called out to the boys, Arnav Bitwaa, Akash Bitwaa and NK Bitwaa to join in the celebrations. She told them that she would be applying Mehendi on them too, to make them beautiful.

Arnav, whose mind had dwelt only on Khushi looked at the clock and searched among the girls who were creating a din in his living room. He wondered where Khushi would be? She had not answered his call all the three times it had connected.

The girls were busy selecting the designs consulting NK who was in their midst. NK was enjoying himself so much that he was living true to his name. Akash was a different matter. It was like as though he was conjoined with Payal and wouldn't budge from being as close as possible to her. But Arnav's mind dwelt only on Khushi. Where was she was the question that his mind was mulling and quickly called her once more.

Her phone rang and Arnavji was displayed. Khushi looked at the laptop screen with psuedo concentration. Munshiji who was getting ready to go to the bank to deposit a cheque told her that her phone was ringing again. Khushi acknowledged him and thanked her stars that Munshiji was on his way to the bank. Munshiji instructed her to leave for the mehendi as soon as her work was done and not wait for his return.  Khushi with a sigh agreed.

She had tried her best to stay away, ignore, avoid talking to him but had utterly failed in her attempts. Each day brought in a new facet of Arnav before her, who had changed from the stern, cruel, arrogant, anger personified to a soft, concerned, wounded bleeding man seeking solace from her and trying to make up for all the lost love in his life.

It was so difficult to ignore him or run away from him now. Earlier his rude demeanour had made it easy to ignore him. She thought why did her sister had to get married to that family only as though there was a dearth of boys in the entire city of Delhi!

Again the song that was coming from the radio reminded her of the lost sleep due to the memories of the love that went sour. She frowned at the statue of her Devi Maiyya who sat silent with her benevolent smile on her table. Khushi berated at her friend, that even with the daily dose of Jalebi and Aarti She couldn't even deign it fit to be kept away from crossing his path. Devi Maiyya just smiled on her beloved daughter. Khushi was riled seeing her serene smile without even showing any emotion. She told Her that She has been relaxing all the time while Khushi was fretting and fuming. She was burning herself out like a lamp lit in her honor and couldn't she even see that! Khushi buried her face in her arms placed crossed, across the table. It was inevitable for her to attend the mehendi. There was no way anybody would forgive her if she ever skipped it. If she did so she thought she would be the in the first batch of pooris that her Buaji would be frying for dinner that evening. But how to face him? How to camouflage her feelings? How to put up with her racing heart and her hyperventilation?

While all these thoughts were flitting across her mind, there came the call, Khushi.. Khushi sat up with a jerk and lo! Arnav Singh Raizada had materialized in front of her, his six foot plus frame clad in suit, coat and boot looking dashing just to have a chunk of her peace of mind. Looking at her was Arnav a picture of anxiety asking her whether she was alright. She wondered how she could ever be that when the cause of all her problems was standing before her. Throwing a scorching glance at her Devi Maiyya, for betraying when she had beseeched to save her from her Arnavji, She had sent him to her immediately. She threatened her friend, Devi Maiyya that she would take care of her later for her betrayal!

Arnav with a quick stride, catching her by her shoulder, made her stand upright. He asked her, what had made her look so whey faced? Khushi trying to free herself from his grip thought how could she look anything other than pale? Any other girl in her place would have been a basket case by now unable to withstand the sharp penetrating heat of of Arnavji's gaze and his single minded devotion to give her such focussed attention.

Arnav pulled her into his arms and hugged her tight. He whispered to her that he was waiting for her at home making Khushi acknowledge the fact with a constricted throat. He told her that the girls were all set for the ceremony and only she was missing. Khushi whose senses were reeling, stammering like a fool, told him that she had work to complete. Hearing her excuse he whispered, that was his line. He dropped a kiss on his her chubby dimpled inviting cheek. He told her that he had told all at home about his Papa and the past.Nani, Di and Mami had cried with relief and wasting so many years with misunderstanding the situation. It was like a dark cloud lifted by the Mistral leaving behind a warm sunny bright weather. When she looked at him he thanked her for her support, trust and direction to solve the heartache that had made the memory of his parents painful. He verbalized his thanks followed it by deed. He kissed her on her forehead. Khushi swallowed at this onslaught on her senses. She managed to blurt out a protest in a soft tone, that she had not done anything. He told her that she had made him see that there was a lacuna in their perception of the events. Her logical analysis of the situation had convinced him that he needed to rethink his thoughts. Kissing her nosepin he told her that it made him search for the missing link and it turned out to be Kusum Bhandari. He kissed her eyes and said that this made him find the truth. Pausing to kiss her chin he said that knowing the truth freed him from the past. He kissed her cheek. This he told returned his Papa to him. Seeing that he was hell bent on capturing her lips Khushi jumped away.

She stammered that they had to attend the mehendi. The radio in the godown was belting out a song on the spell cast and how the talks were formulated. 

Arnav drove with Khushi by his side. Though he kept stealing glances at her she sat with her face turned towards her side glass. Seeing that it would be a futile exercise to wait for her to turn, he called out to her and she was forced to look at him. When he said that she looked beautiful and that colour suited her Khushi's face took in the hue of a flamingo. The words and the look in his eyes made her hitch her breath and out popped the question that she had been dreading. He asked her with a tender look and a voice caressing her when was she going to marry him? Not being able to face his love filled gaze, Khushi looked out through the side glass. The pulse in her throat throbbed madly like the flapping of the wings by a bird in captivity.

In this update we see, Khushi Kumari Gupta trying to avoid her presence at RM as much as she could. She was planning to be present at her sister's Mehendi function at the nth moment.

"Do you ever wonder why things have to turn out the way they do?"

~ Nicholas Sparks,                                                        A Walk to Remember

Then she spends her time logging on the entries at her work place that could have been done at a later date too.

We see her dawdling over her work.

We see her not accepting calls that were able to draw the attention even of Munshiji.

All this was done just to avoid meeting one person, Arnav Singh Raizada who seems to have occupied all her thoughts both day and night.

"Avoiding someone has two reasons: you either hate that person or you're in love with that person"

Even while working, she dreams about the feelings his presence invokes in her.

When the person who dwells in her thoughts materializes she is stumped, as he first enquires about her well being and proceeds to thank her for being his guiding light, his very own Personal Pole Star. He effectively verbalizes his gratitude along with the actions making her stop in her flight.

"I know well what I am fleeing from but not what I am in search of"

~ Michel de Montaigne

In fact his deeds make her into a flightless bird and stopped her from her flight, that was meant to avoid him at any cost.

It also made her feel like a pet bird with no options but only one, homing to its keeper and that to her was him. He once again pops out the question and she feels that she is a bird who has no wings that were light enough to help in flying away.

"What is more agreeable than one's home?"

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero

That is why I have termed it as RATITE... a Flightless Bird

That's it from me. Hope you like it.

rulama thumbnail

Part 15 

Section 2

Arnav waited for her answer, but she could not find any words to express the odd mixture of panic, fear, and love that was bubbling within her heart.

She clutched her heart, trying to calm its galloping hoofbeats and slow her breath.

Arnav looked at her in silence, and then drove on.

He parked in front of RM.

Khushi turned to open the latch of the door, but Arnav caught hold of her arm.

She looked at him in silence.

He put his hand into his pocket, and brought out a cloth bag. He pulled a pair of antique bangles out of it.

Khushi frowned at him. Was he going to gift the bangles to Akash Jiju? Or Jiji? But why should he...?

While her mind was travelling on its usual wild tracks, Arnav slipped the bangles on her arms.

Gold with a peacock design in enamel. They were beautiful.

"My mother's.", Arnav answered her unspoken question. "For you."

"Me?", Khushi gasped. "But..."

"For your kind heart that wants everyone to be happy... for selling your gold bangle to buy me what I like best, plants...", he said softly.

Khushi looked at him with wide eyes. "If these are your mother's, they should go to Anjaliji... You have no right to give them away as and when you will..."

"She left them for me. For my bride." He smiled, his eyes on her disturbed countenance.

Khushi stared at him with astonished eyes.

"I... I am not your bride...", she protested.

"Yet.", he qualified.

"I haven't said, 'Yes'."

"You haven't said 'No.., either."

Khushi sighed in exasperation.

"Do you like them?", he asked.

Khushi looked down at the precious bangles, knowing what they meant to him.

Her lips trembled as she whispered, "They are beautiful."

Arnav swooped down and kissed her cheek. "They were made for you. Mama selected the design and made the jeweller make them. For my bride.", he whispered against her cheek.

Her eyes filled with tears.

"She put them in a box along with a letter for you, and asked Di to give them to you when I got married." He rubbed his nose against hers.

Tears trailed down her cheeks in slow streams.

He kissed the wetness away.

"Don't cry, Khushi." He pulled her head to rest in the crook of his neck. They sat silent for a while. 

Then he said, "You know, Khushi. These bangles have been lying in my locker for years. I couldn't even bring myself to open the box & look at them, but now... Now I can. With a mind at peace. Knowing that she is happy... Papa is happy... She would have loved you, Khushi... pampered you... not let you put your feet on the ground... covered you with silk and jewels... given you every happiness on earth... Even when I was young, she used to set aside sarees and jewels, saying, 'When my Chotey marries, I will give this to my bahuriyya... My bahuriyya will be like this... she will be like that... she will love me... she will take care of me... she will love my Chotey... she will look after my house... she will fill my house with laughter... She used to chide me, ..Chotey, put your things away in order. What will my bahuriyya think of your manners? Of the way in which I brought you up?... I used to get wild... Di used to laugh... But today... I am so grateful, Khushi, that she was happy & smiling when she thought about you... that she set aside many things for you... Khushi, there is even a stone-studded pair of sandals for you in the big box of things that she left you! It is in the storeroom."

Khushi looked into his moist eyes.

"Di teased Mama saying that Chotey's wife wouldn't wear them as she would have feet that were bigger or smaller than the size of the sandals... Mama... Mama just laughed..."

Khushi put her arms around him, and held him tight to her.

Khushi's phone rang.

She moved away from him, sat in her seat, and fished her phone out.

It was Buaji.

"Oh, Sanka Devi! Where are you, Nandkisore? Do you want me to come to your office and pull you out of your chair?"

"Buaji... I..."

"What jaadu has Munshiji done on you that your jaan is stuck to him? Or has he put fevicol on your chair? You can't bear to leave him to attend your sister's mehendi, Nandkisore!"

"I am here, Buaji." She scrambled out of the car, and moved towards the house. Arnav followed.

"Khushiji! You came!", NK ran up to her. "We were looking at mehendi designs for you."

Khushi smiled at him and greeted him.

The ladies fell on Khushi.

"We were waiting for you, Khushiji! Come on!", Di smiled, seeing her with Chotey. Her eyes fell on the bangles. Joy filed her heart. She quickly nudged Nani & Mami, and pointed out the bangles.

They sighed in relief.

"Hello Hi Bye Bye!", Mami whispered. "Acha hua, Saasumma! Phinally the bangles are on her hands. Now we have to tie her feet down."

Anjali led Khushi to sit among the ladies. Arnav, Akash, & NK sat near Babuji.

A mehendi lady moved to sit near Khushi. NK got up and went to sit by her. Arnav watched them both.

"Are you going to select the geometrical pattern or the creeper, Khushiji?"

"The creeper, Nanheji.", Khushi said softly, not looking at Arnav who, she knew, was listening to them.

The wind coming in through the wide windows ruffled her hair. Silky strands fell against her cheek. Khushi tucked them behind her ear with her free hand, feeling his eyes on her.

"Khushiji, your kulfi (a dessert) ki ghata is very beautiful."

The mehendi cone fell from the lady's hand. Khushi looked at NK with astonished eyes.

"Zulfon, NK. Zulfon (hair)...", Arnav corrected, as he took a seat by Khushi. She sent a startled glance at him, and kept her eyes on her hand.

All laughed at NK. Buaji pulled his cheek, and said, "Bade mazakiyaa ho, Nandkisore!" 

NK ran for his life, rubbing his red cheek.

Arnav looked at Khushi's arms with his Mama's bangles, and felt peace fill his heart and mind. He watched the lady fill Khushi's palm with an intricate design of mehendi. 

"Which letter of the alphabet should I write in the design?", the lady asked Khushi.

Khushi parted her lips to reply, but found that she could not.

"Err...woh..."

"A", said Arnav.

Khushi looked at him in surprise. The wind blew strands of her hair on to her face.

Arnav gently smoothed the hair away from her face and behind her ear. His loving fingers caressed the sensitive skin behind her ear. She shut her eyes, unable to bear the pleasure of his touch.

The mehendi lady watched his stern face melt into a soft and loving look, and looked at Khushi in envy.

Part 15:Section 1: 79526348   Part 15:Section 3: 79526437 
rulama thumbnail

Smita,😊

Here is my interpretation for Section 2 of  Part 15

After popping the question, Arnav waited for her answer, but she was unable to find words as all her coherent thoughts had literally flown out of the glass pane of his car. All she felt was a mishmash of her emotions ranging from panic, fear to love all bubbling within her heart as though from a cauldron with a spell cast on it. She clutched at her heart trying to calm its thundering hoofbeat to a slow but comfortable trot that would go easy on her breath.

Arnav who was observing her in silence, seeing her emotional dilemma just drove on.

Once they reached RM Khushi tried to open the door but to her chagrin, Arnav caught hold of her arm as if to stop her. She looked at him in silence. He brought out a cloth bag and pulled out a pair of antique bangles out of it.

With a scrunched up forehead she wondered whether he was going to gift the bangles to Akash Jiju or her sister. But what was the reason? While her mind was being fertile with assumptions, Arnav slipped the bangles into her arms. They were beautiful set of bangles. They were gold bangles with intricate peacock design in gold filigree work  inlaid with enamel making them a totally out of the world outstanding pair. They were simply beautiful and would capture the heart of anyone who happened to just glance at it. And possessing them was not an option she could ever think of! His two two word phrases answered her unasked question. My mother's and for you. Khushi was taken aback and asked for her? But.. and tailed off. He told her softly that it was for her kind heart that wants everyone to be happy, for selling her gold bangle to buy him what he likes best, plants..  Khushi was stunned to hear his explanation. She told him that if they belonged to his mother then Anjaliji should be the beneficiary. She told him in no uncertain terms that he had no right to give it away as per his whims and fancies. With a warm smile dancing on his lips, his eyes taking in her perturbed face, he told her that it was her legacy left for him, for his bride. It made Khushi stare at him with utter astonishment, that was vividly depicted in her eyes. She stressed that she was not his bride. He just modified it with a yet. Khushi being not the one to give up easily said that she hadn't given her consent making Arnav point out that neither had she given her dissent. Khushi took umbrage at his remark and sighed. Pretending not to see her indignation he asked her whether she liked them. Khushi knowing what they meant to him and the significance of him placing it on her arms, looked at them for a while and answered tremulously, that they were beautiful. Arnav who was overjoyed swooped down and kissed her cheek. Brimming with happiness, he whispered against her cheek that they were made for her. His Mama had personally selected the design had it order made for his bride. Tears pooled in her eyes. Rubbing his nose against hers he told her that his mother had put them in a box along with a letter for her had asked his Di to give them to her when he got married. Tears made a path of their own down her cheeks, making him kiss it away. Tucking her head in the crook of his neck he whispered to her not to cry and sat in silence relishing the fact they they were in each others arms. He told her in a soft whisper that those bangles had lain in his locker for years and he couldn't even bear to look at them. But now with his mind at peace, knowing fully well that both his parents would be happy, he was able to enjoy everything connected to his past and relish the sweet memories associated with them. He told Khushi that his mother would have loved her, pampered her, cherish her, not letting her lift a finger, heaping her with nothing but the finest of things, in silk and gold. Even when he was young, she had set aside things like sarees, jewels saying that were for her Chotey's bride. She had lots of dreams about her daughter-in-law. She was sure that she would get a wonderful daughter-in-law, who was an epitome of care, love, giving, forgiving and happiness. She always had told them that her daughter-in-law would take care of her and she would love her Chotey very much. She would look after her house and fill her home with laughter. She used to chide Arnav to straighten his room telling him what her daughter-in-law would think of his manners and her upbringing if he was unruly and untidy. He told Khushi that he used to get miffed at such talk and Di would have a whale of a time seeing his discomfiture and would be subjected to endless ribbing unmindful of his glares. He told her that now he was so happy that his mother had thought so positively about her and his mother with happy thoughts and a smile always had set aside many things for her. She had even kept stone studded sandals in a big box with an assortment of things for her which was in the store room. Khushi looked into his moistened eyes when he continued to say that his Di had teased his Mama saying that Chotey's wife would not wear them as she would not be able to fit into that particular size of sandals. But his Mama had just laughed. Hearing such conversations that had taken place more than fourteen years back, Khushi who felt that she was welcome not only at Raizada Mansion but even at Malik Mansion, The Sheesh Mahal, wrapped her arms around him and held him tight.

While she was basking in the warmth of his love, warmth of the welcome that his mother had exclusively set aside for her, her cell rang breaking into the silence and the serene atmosphere. Pulling out her cell phone while moving away from him, she saw that it was from her Buaji. She was greeted with a loud enquiry as to her wherebouts and wanted to know if her Sanka Devi wanted her Buaji to pick her up from her office. Not allowing Khushi to say anything she berated in the name of her favourite diety, Nandkisore, saying what spell had Munshiji cast on her to have made her stuck to him. Or has he applied the adhesive, fevicol that says bond forever on her chair? Couldn't she even bear to be away from her work to attend her sister's mehendi?

At last, able to put in a word Khushi scrambling out of the car and said that she was right there. She entered the house with Arnav right behind her. NK who was happy to see his friend ran up to her and welcomed her and said that they were selecting designs for her mehendi design. Khushi smiled at him and greeted. The ladies who were lying in wait for her pounced on her. Di who was beaming seeing her with her Chotey said that they had been waiting for her and pulled her to come along. While doing so her eyes fell on the bangles that sent joy soaring in her heart. With a quick nudge she pointed it to Nani and Mami making them heave a sigh of relief. The incorrigible Mami told her mother- in- law that finally the bangles had adorned her hands and now they had only to bind Khushi to Arnav for seven lives with her feet tied. Khushi was led by Anjali to sit among the ladies and the three, Arnav, Akash and NK sat beside Babuji. While the mehendi lady sat by Khushi to start the design of her choice, NK moved to her side while Arnav watched them both. NK's enquiry of her choice whether it was the creeper or geometrical pattern, Khushi told him in a soft voice that she would go in for a creeper, knowing fully well that Arnav had his ears sharpened at their conversation. When a gentle breeze coming in through the window ruffled Khushi's silken voluminous hair a few silky strands caressed her cheek. Tucking them behind her ear she was fully conscious of Arnav's watching her, following her every movement with caressing eyes, that lit her up from inside. She heard NK compliment on her beautiful hair in his mix up Hindi, calling her hair Khulfi instead of Zulfon. The mehendi lady who was experiencing NK's goof's for the first time was stunned and the cone slipped through her fingers. Arnav who was waiting for an opportunity to be near his love, corrected him while taking a seat next to her. Sending a startled glance, Khushi kept her eyes on her hand. NK's goof led to a laughter riot and Buaji tweaking his cheek, told him that he was very naughty Nandkisore! NK who hated being squeezed ran for his life rubbing his cheek.

Arnav looked at Khushi's arms adorned with his Mama's bangles and felt peace settle both on his heart and mind. Under his watchful eye the mehendi artist drew an intricate design. When she asked with which letter she had to weave an intricate web of vines, Khushi found that she was unable to utter. She stammered to say A but just couldn't manage to come out with it. Then Arnav told on her behalf that it was an A. Khushi looked at him in surprise and again when the wind blew masking her face with her silky strands, Arnav with soft gentle touch taking his own sweet time, rubbing her cheek with his knuckles, caressing her already flaming skin with his fingers, before smoothing it away. Unable to bear the pleasure that his touch gave her, she squeezed her eyes shut.

The mehendi lady watched his stern handsome face transform with a soft loving look, adoring the girl in front of him. It made her look at Khushi with envy.

This update is about accepting one's fate. 

It's submitting to one's destiny. 

It's TO DREE ONE'S WEIRD.

The phrase TO DREE ONE'S WEIRD is quite interesting. 

Here is a jist of how it originated and why it is apt in this context!

In "To dree one's weird" "Dree" is a very old word found mostly in Northern England and Scotland today meaning "to perform" or "to endure, to submit to."  Although we use "weird" today primarily as an adjective meaning "strange or uncanny," it was originally a noun meaning "fate or destiny," or, in a personified sense, the three Fates themselves (who appear as the "weird sisters" in Shakespeare's Macbeth). Thus "to dree one's weird" means to endure one's fate or submit to one's destiny, and the phrase dates back to at least the 14th century.

In this update though Arnav did not get the answer to the question he asked earlier he was not perturbed. Once his car parked in front of RM he placed the bangles set aside by his mother for her Chotey's bride in Khushi's arms. When it was revealed that it was meant for his bride only, she tries to fight with destiny saying that it should be given only to his bride and he doesn't have the right to dispense it at his will. When she protests saying that she was not his bride he points out to her that she has not rejected the offer either. When he asks her did she like it she just says that they are beautiful and she has without thinking given him the verbal consent for his offer of marriage.

"Submission is not about authority and it is not obedience; it is all about relationships of love and respect"

~ Wm. Paul Young,                                The Shack: Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity

Then he proceeds to list out all the things that his mother had collected for his bride. He tells her all her hopes and dreams concerning her Chotey's bride! All the traits that she had thought to be in her daughter-in-law like the girl being an epitome of care, love, giving, forgiving and happiness, were the description of Khushi herself.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"

~ Allen Saunders

Finally there was a pair of stone studded sandals like Cinderella that were made for her. It is to be seen whether they are a perfect fit or not.

When the Mehendi lady asks what letter needed to be centered in the design, it was Arnav who got A written on her palm when she was tongue-tied and she doesn't object to it. She has neither removed the bangles nor denied having her hand decorated in his name. She has submitted herself to her destiny.

"You often meet your fate on the road you take to avoid it"

~ Goldie Hawn

Her wedding with Arnav was preordained and however much she fought against it, her fight would turn out to be of no consequence  just like pitter patter of rain drops on a boulder.

"What's meant to be will always find a way"

~ Trisha Yearwood

It was inevitable to accept her fate and submit to her destiny which was entwined with that of Arnav Singh Raizada!

"There's nothing you could do to me now that I wouldn't want"

~ Tiffany Reisz

That is why it is TO DREE ONE'S WEIRD.

Thats it from me. Hope you enjoy it.

rulama thumbnail

Part 15 

Section 3

"Chotey!", Anjali called. "Don't you have work to do?", she teased him.

"Haan, Chotey. Sitting here, looking at the ladies putting on mehendi! Are you sure we are not boring you?", Nani added, a naughty smile in her eyes.

"Err.. no..", Arnav flushed slightly. 

He was Arnav Singh Raizada, but she was Arnav Singh Raizada's Nani.

"Mere haathon mein do do choodiyaan he,
Thoda thehro, sajan, majbooriyaan he'
Milan hogaa abhi ik raat ki dooriyaan hain'", Mami hummed, leaning close to him & nudging him, her eyes on the bangles on Khushi's arms.

Khushi blushed, & Arnav smiled slightly. His Mami was incorrigible.

Nani & Di giggled.

"Let me see the design, Khushiji!", Anjali caught hold of Khushi's arm.

She gasped. "'A...? Khushiji?" Nani & Mami looked at each other in a pretense of shock.

"Ee... A... kahan se aa gaya?", asked Mami.

Khushi blushed, not knowing where to look. 

"Woh... woh..." She stopped trying.

Arnav smiled.

"Crajjie (crazy) kiya re, crajjie kiya re...", Mami sang. "Jaagi soyi rahoon, Khoi Khoi rahoon, Uske Yadon Mein, Uske dreamzwwa Mein, Jhoome Jiya Re! Crajjie kiya re..ta nan..nan.. Crajjie kiye re'"

Nani & Di laughed. Buaji & Amma joined them.

Arnav caught hold of Khushi's arm, helped her up, and led her away to a new wave of laughter.

Mami sang after them,

"Mein herewaa bhi gai 
Mein therewaa bhi gai 
Socha pal pal usse 
Mein jahan bhi gai...
Crajjie kiya re.. ta nan..nan.. Crajjie kiya Re..."

Arnav led Khushi into the store room, and shut the door behind them.

Khushi was panting after the mad rush, a rosy hue still lingering on her cheeks. Arnav smiled fondly at her, his chocolate brown eyes showering love on her.

Khushi gulped & looked away.

Arnav opened a huge cabinet, and pulled a box out. It was made of wood, with a huge lock.

He carried the box to an old cot and placed it there. He fished a key out of his pocket, and unlocked it.

There were 3 old albums on top.

Arnav removed his coat & threw it on the back of a chair there. He then led Khushi to sit on the cot, and sat down by her.

He took out the first album, and showed her the old photos.

"Your mother is so beautiful..."

"Your father is so handsome!"

"Anjaliji had long hair!"

"You had such a cross look!", she giggled.

Arnav looked at her, a smile in his eyes. "I hadn't met you then, Khushi!"

"You have your mother's eyes, Arnavji!"

"Your Nanaji? His moustache! It is so big! It must have tickled Naniji!"

Arnav burst out laughing. "Don't go asking her!"

Time flew.

Arnav took out the saris that his mother had set aside for her bahuriya, and placed them on Khushi's lap.

Khushi sat looking at the rich fabric and the intricate gold work on them, feeling tears fill her eyes. She was holding the hopes and dreams of his mother in her hands...

Arnav kissed her cheeks.

"Don't cry, Khushi.", he whispered. "Your Saasumma loves you very much. As much as her son does."

He took out the pair of stone-studded sandals.

Khushi gasped. "They are so beautiful!"

Arnav lifted her feet onto his lap, and eased thesandals on to her feet. They were a perfect fit.

Arnav stared at her feet. "How did she know..?"

They looked at each other.

"Maybe it was a lucky guess...", Arnav whispered. Khushi nodded.

There was a knock on the door.

Mami sang,  "Darwaja khula rakhanaMera yaar aa raha haiAdab se sar jhukanaMera pyar aa raha hai'."

Arnav went to the door & opened it.

Mami, Di, & Nani stood waiting at the door.

"Yes?", he asked. What did he have to do to get some time alone with Khushi in this house?

"Do you need any help, Chotey?", Di teased him.

"Hum he ready, taiyaar!", Mami offered her services.

"Kaa khayal he aapka?", asked Nani, smiling.

"I will manage.", Arnav said.

"Tum maineeijj kar lio, Arnav Bitwwa, but fasht (fast). Only haldi & shaadi are lepht (left) to patao the girlwaa!", Mami warned him.

Arnav rolled his eyes.

Khushi jumped up from the cot, leaving the sarees behind.

"I ..I should go... Amma... Buaji.."

Anjali gasped. "The sandals fit!"

Nani & Mami stared at Khushi's feet.

Mami whispered, "Saasumma, her feet are also tied now. Call the priest and arrange their shaadinow, before she runs away!"

The Guptas and the Raizadas shared lunch with the guests. The older ladies who had washed off their mehendi, fed the younger ones. Amma fed Payal, & Nani fed Khushi.

"Koi mujhe bhi feed kar do?", NK demanded.

Buaji said, "Come and sit by me, Nandkisore! I will give you food!"

NK said, "No, no, Nandkisore! I will have it by myself, Buaji!" He ran to hide behind Akash.

Arnav pulled a chair and sat by Khushi. Nani fed him too in turns.

Amma & Buaji smiled to see this.

It was time for the Guptas to leave. The other guests too were leaving in a flurry of goodbyes.

Anjali & Nani hugged Khushi & Payal.

Akash smiled shyly at Payal, saying, "We will meet at haldi, Payalji."

Payal nodded, her eyes on the floor.

Nani, Mami, Anjali, Buaji, Amma, & Khushi smiled at the sight.

"Kitna slow he mera babua!", Mami complained in Nani's ear.

Arnav walked up to Khushi, pulled her into his arms, gave her a bone-crushing hug, and kissed her cheek.

"I will see you tomorrow.", he whispered in her ear.

Part 15:Section 2: 79526394 Part 16:Section 1:79639576