mayyo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
Hello Everyone!

🤗

Exactly a year ago, on this very day, my friends coaxed me into posting one little piece of writing I had penned down. That little piece went on to become a full-fledged fan fiction with the support of my friends and the readers. Thank you to all those who have been with me through the journey of If Only You Saw Me!

As I had promised in my ending note of IOYSM, I am starting to post the sequel today. I hope you enjoy!

If you have already read IOYSM, well and good, but if you are a new reader, I will recommend you to read If Only You Saw Me before beginning with this story, since, as already mentioned above, this is a sequel of IOYSM.

Note: I will be clearing out the whole PM list of the readers of IOYSM with the only exception of those who have already stated their desire to be PM'd for this story. If I remove you and you still wish to receive PMs, or if you want to be notified of the updates, please say so, or add me to your buddy list.

Edited by mayyo - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mayyo thumbnail
1. The Blanket Of Time

I inhaled deeply and looked around through my dark shades in wonderment. It was the same place yet nothing felt the same. The place felt new to me, not because I had come back after a long time, but because everything had changed. From the airport to the surroundings, everything was new.

"Time is a magic wand." I could hear Baba's voice ringing in my ears. "It puts a blanket on everything, heals them and changes them, sometimes enough to be unable to recall the original form."

I smiled knowingly, the concept of "the blanket of time" now seeping into my understanding.

"Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!" I turned my head at the familiar shriek and saw her stepping closer to embrace me tightly. "I can't believe it! I still can't believe you're finally here!"

I laughed and pinched her cheek lightly to earn a smack on my hand. "Come on, G! You've got to stop dreaming about me and think about your children now! What will Jeejaji think if he finds out you dream about me instead of him?" The smack I received this time was on my cheek.

"Shut up, Geet! And let me take a look." She stepped away and looked at me with appreciation. "My, oh my! Such a change! Fitted jeans, high boots and a sexy shirt. You look ravishing!"

"Time changes everything." I murmured and then pointed at her. "You've changed too. You're fat now!" I laughed as she pouted.

"Did you think I would be my slim and trim form after two children?"

"Oh yes, where are those two?" I started wheeling my trolley towards the parking lot as she led the way.

"At home. They weren't willing to leave their video games unattended. I tell you, Geet, I'm so tired of these video games! They never listen to me while playing!" I smiled indulgently at her affectionate complains as we sat in her car. I kept an eye out of the window even as G kept talking. It felt nice to spot a few things which hadn't changed despite the time, like the glass building of the eatery right outside the airport, and the five-star hotel just after the first turn from the airport.

Listening to her chatter reminded me of the important thing I had to ask her.

"G, what happened of the apartment? Did you find one?" She threw a dissatisfied look my way.

"What's wrong in staying with us? We'd love to have you at home."

"You know it's not reasonable for me to permanently stay at your place. The kids are growing up, they need their space."

She sighed. "They love their maasi and have been looking forward to her arrival."

"No." My decision was final and she could see that.

"Alright. I haven't found a nice place yet so I'm taking you home with me for the moment. And I want no more argument on that, do you get it?" Her strict voice shut the topic and the conversation managed to find a way back to the now-twelve-years-old Ryan and his six years old sister, Sneha.

Edited by mayyo - 10 years ago
MuslimGirl thumbnail
Mariam, You r a superb writer...i m so proud of u :) 
Love u lotss.!!
mayyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: smart_girl

Mariam, You r a superb writer...i m so proud of u :) 

Love u lotss.!!

I'm very surprised to see you here!! 🤗
saf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Congrats on the sequel. You just made my morning by posting this. Loved the first chapter as it introduced a changed Geet. Looking forward to what is in store next.
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
wow another story... the sequel. though my IOYSM is pending last few updates. i will finish it soon.
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
BTW one confusion. may because i read it in hurry tat's why? but clear it. the 'I' in this is geet??????
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
i re read it. ohk it's geet.😆 ek baar to mujhe laga Geet ke do bache.😲😆
KhanAtiyah thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wooow man !!!!! please continue !!! pppllleeeaaassseee !!
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail

koi online h aaj. by any chance r we getting any update???