Kalarikkal House [4] - Thread 5 link posted

-publicenemy- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3429257

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material (the entire FF in whole or in parts) without express and written permission from this author is strictly prohibited.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello lovely readers,

Firstly, thank you for stopping by to check out this FF/SS.  If it's to your liking, please do stay and contribute (we are a talkative bunch), but if not to your liking, well... (you know what to do J).

I have been writing FFs for a bit now, and I have realized that there are some ' shall we call them 'suggestions' ' that are good to put forth and get out of the way so that we can make this experience as enjoyable as possible for all of us.  Admittedly, many of these are to make this easier for me ;), but I do hope you can cooperate.   

Onto the Suggestions:

A)    Please Do Not ask for longer chapters.  At times I write 5 pages, at times I write three paragraphs, but usually they average to about 2-3 pages per update.  I update at least once a week (for some of my stories, more often), so hopefully this will not pose a problem.

B)     Please Do Not ask for specific scenes (i.e., More scenes on couples that you like!).  I have tried to be the sort of writer who accedes to such wishes, but have found out the distressing truth that I am not (alas!).  So, I request you to refrain and let me tell the story as I wish.   

C)    Please Do Not ask for updates if you do not comment other than to say, "Update please!"

D) And lastly, I have to address the growing number of buddy requests.  While I am flattered and thankful, the PM-ing is a bit of a torture for me as I can only do 20 at a time and I have 4 ongoing stories.   Thus, I have decided to do the following. 

- I will only accept buddy requests from readers who have commented (read comment, not like) at least three times on any of my threads. 

- I will delete readers from my list who have stopped commenting for a month or more as I will assume that you have stopped reading my stories and do not wish to be bothered with PMs. 

- There are a few readers who offer their comments via PM to me; while I quite enjoy your feedback, I request you to post it on the thread itself, as my PM box tends to become crowded as is.

Even though it doesn't seem like it at times, I do read every single one of your comments and cherish them.  I show my gratitude by usually updating more often than to leave a note saying 'Thank you".  I hope you will take that manner of Thanks instead of my "Thank you's" anyways J

Lastly, I do encourage you to comment.  In the past, the best FF threads I have had (i.e. REEL, The Oldest Story, Love and Despair, Eden) have all had healthy and prolific discussions on the characters, situations, and the like with my readers becoming quite friendly with each other; they have become something of a reader group that travel together, I have noticed, even checking in when a key member is missing for a few days.  That sort of camaraderie and engagement is the greatest muse for a writer and the best reward as well. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this long(a$$) intro.

And now, a warm welcome aboard,

-Devi     

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Everyone,

This is a short series (Edit: 8/3/12: It turns out that I don't know how to write SHORT stories!!!  It's now 17 chapters and I have not even covered a whole day!!) based on IPKKND.   The setting is a bit different from the show, but the characters of Arnav and Khushi are still somewhat similar to that of the show (Arnav more so than Khushi). 

-Devi

Chapter 1  - In An Unknown Land

Chapter 2 - Kalarikkal House

Chapter 3 - The Condition

Chapter 4 - What Do You Know of Us Anyway?

Chapter 5 - Murderous Witch

Chapter 6 - Violence Begets Violence

Chapter 7 - Ruminations

Chapter 8 - Stillness

Chapter 9 - Umikiri

Chapter 10 - The Incident at the Pond

Chapter 11 - Kashi Chechy is a... Puli

Chapter 12 - Nalan's Lie

Chapter 13 - A True Disappointment

Chapter 14: You Owe Me

Chapter 15: What More Could I Want?

Chapter 16: A Memory of Something That Never Was...

Chapter 17: Shivan

Chapter 18: Shavathaalam

Chapter 19: Two and Two

Thread 2

Chapter 20: Sorceress

Chapter 21: Doppelganger

Chapter 22: Man-eaters

Chapter 23: Another Dawn

Chapter 24: About Last Night

Chapter 25: En Manamurukum...

Chapter 26: The Lion Cub

Chapter 27: Air

Chapter 28: Straight Talk

Chapter 29: Chamber of Secrets

Chapter 30: Navarasas

Chapter 31: Brothers and Sisters

Chapter 32: Acid

Chapter 33: Public Enemy

THREAD 3

Chapter 34: Land of the Dead

Chapter 35: Tempting the Fates

Chapter 36: The Certainty Principle

Chapter 37: Abomination

Chapter 38: A River Runs Through It

Chapter 39: Heart's Blood

Chapter 40: Der Schrei

Chapter 41: Damsel in Distress...

Chapter 42: The Dreams - Part 1

Chapter 43: The Dreams - Part 2

Chapter 44: The Dreams - Part 3

Chapter 45: The Awakening

THREAD 4

Chapter 46: Indigenous 

Chapter 47: Uncharted Waters

Chapter 48: Eviction

Chapter 49: Omniscient

Chapter 50: The Fog

Chapter 51: You Against the World

Chapter 52:  Ente Sooryaputhrikku

Chapter 53:  Novel

Chapter 54: Fifth Day

Chapter 55 and Note:  Of Sadistic Pricks and Barbarians

THREAD 5

Picture Gallery

Lakshmi

Pallavi:

Nalan

Devaki

Edited by -publicenemy- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-publicenemy- thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

-publicenemy- thumbnail

Thank you!  I am not upto full-speed yet, but slowly dipping my feet back in... :)
segad thumbnail
Welcome back!

Here's to your health!
moomin4455 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Woohoo!!! Yayyy!! You're back! Hope you're OK?!

I know Kashi won't leave...not until she receives some sort of sign that it's 'right' to leave...

What that sign is, or if it will ever come to her...or even if she recognizes it before it's too late...that is up to your creative genius...

I love the poetice, yet very direct conversations between them!
ava23 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i like this "corporate leech" ðŸ˜‰ oh the sexual tension between them is sooo yummy ðŸ˜†... this update was short but sweet 
sj_arhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Nalan had once told Khushi that she would find a man who would love her for the person she is and would not turn away from her due to superstitions. He, being the shrewd boy that he is, probably recognised that nature in Arnav and tried playing cupid in the earlier updates. Arnav is well acquainted with the age old beliefs and stories surrounding the illam, but nothing stops him from wanting Khushi to be his. Their love seems so strong and experienced that I realised it has been only 4 days since they met while reading about it in the update. 
Glad you are back...
Edited by svj2 - 11 years ago
serialwatcher16 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
D,

Take it slow.

We are not going anywhere and nor are kashi, arnav, so it seems.
Kalyaani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

It is Navrathri and with it brings the much awaited update from Devi (I have always liked your name, never mentioned it though, I lean towards traditional Indian names for girls).

I had imagined many possible possibilities for the chapter you left us with before the forced hiatus. This has left me feeling so inadequate about my imagination, every single time I am left wondering if it would match the update you present to us, it does not so will leave it at that.

My heart goes out to Kashi and mind salutes Arnav, it is not easy to acknowledge ones feeling to themselves forget the one you are attracted to; Kashi did that, brave girl. It is not the leech-like approach that Arnav took to present his logic, he understood her. That man has to be credited for his keen sense of observation and perception.

They will work out a suitable plan and I am waiting to know that.

Thank you for coming back with this lovely update Devi and again, I request you to prioritize your health. I am greedy for more but patient enough to wait for good things in life.

May the festive cheer bring with it happiness and good health. Happy Navrathri.

Theepthidevi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Congrats on the new thread. Nice update. Short but sweet. Take care of your health.