Blast from the Past Thread #28 ~*~Purane moments@300~*~ P 140 Epi 330 - Page 88

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">^^^

here's to cribbing and what the some solid fierce quarreling... hamesha.

</font><div align="center"><font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">
</font></div><font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">

those shots are from hotstar... hardly any pixlring.
</font><div align="center">
</div>

Hayee, hayee...don't even have the strength to complete that! Hum pheeling phaintiya 😆 She gave him more than a mouthful there! We need more fierce quarreling!
Unfortunately we can't watch hotstar 😔 , so we'll have to do with your edits

Episode 323

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn5JyYBzw30[/YOUTUBE]

First Telecast Monday,  20th August 2012

Full episode links

HotStar Link:  Will be back with the link

Thanks, Katelyn, for all the links. 

Note: StarPlayer is now called HotStar

Edited by Katelyn - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
thanks for posting episode , kate... 
indi52 thumbnail

episode 323
chapter 1

i had written this on from crooner 1.25: embers of destiny, page 3... am adapting for blast. a lot of what i wrote then is exactly what i would say now... this was my first take on 323. will add a short piece on the crucial aane doh aane doh aane doh later.

oh, kiss me 
beneath the milky twilight
lead me 
out on the moonlit floor
lift your open hand
strike up the band 
and make the fireflies dance
silvermoon's sparkling,
so kiss me
~ ~ sixpence none the richer ~ ~

i've seen in my own life that if intentions are clean, destiny acts to bring you to the right place. of course, there is randomness and it can completely throw you, but still too many times i have seen forces align to make something happen because the heart and the call was untainted. can't ignore that. we're seeing it right now and perhaps "tab se" in iss pyaar ko. there's depth and perhaps an empirical truth there, which keeps us riveted.

a kiss is never just a kiss.
a thank you is never just a thank you.
but character just may be destiny.

i have worried about two characters last week, last night that worry got almost entirely allayed. 100 percent in the case of asr. 93.7612 percent for khushi. i am happy, grinning, wanting to write. 

got home late last night, iss pyaar ko had already started. caught it just as he came back to take his phone. a bit apprehensive about the episode i was trying to catch the story, when his "thank you" reached my ears.

had no idea why he was thanking her, ostensibly it was for that phone of his, but how could it sound so full of meaning and moment? surely not just for a phone? and that voice, low, deep from within? i let it be and decided to just enjoy the exchange. he looked at her lingeringly, something in his eyes, the frankness of a child untouched by the world, a touch of sadness? certainly gratitude. he held her gaze as if he wanted to say so many things. 

she was puzzled, perhaps not wanting to see him go, a fleeting smile and she said: bye.

bye? that's his language, i thought. she even said it in his sort of way. he seemed to notice it too.

"bye," and he turned away.

of course i saw the episode immediately once again. as the context set in, there was just wonder in me at the very conception of this character called arnav singh raizada and the understanding his makers have of him, not to mention the fire asr's prometheus, barun sobti, brings to him. once, a long time ago a man had let me into a secret about himself: when he loved someone all they needed to do was show him a wee bit of love and then he would want to flood them with his love, absolutely, no limits, no flood gates.

and there was arnav singh raizada doing just that. he had overheard buaji's conversation with di. he wanted khushi to have the wedding of her dreams and perhaps was wondering what to do. then he heard khushi making buaji understand why she felt there was no need for him to tie the raksha bandhan: he respected and loved each one in the family, but if he didn't believe in something why not let him be. just that, the small matter of a string. but with that sentence she had shown respect for his individual space, she had defended his right to be him. then he also heard that she had got a slap for speaking up for him earlier. 

nothing much, just a couple of sentences, yet his heart welled over. first time ever, he was hearing his khushi, his patni, his ardhangini, the love of his life say in so many words, his way mattered, just because it was his way. khadoos, non ritualistic, laad governor whatever he was, she would want him no other way. he was worth getting even slapped for, he was worth much more. 

almost any human being would be touched by this. but arnav singh raizada showed his gratitude his way. with a deeply felt thank you, which had wonder and why did i feel a few tears in it? as though he felt, no one got me all these years, and now you, spunky, jhalli cute mad you, you who loves her little traditions, her dm, with your clear eyed innocence, your inexperience, you got me so beautifully and thought i was worth keeping just the way i was? yes, there were tears behind those eyes, at this amazing grace.

the flood gates opened and all he wanted to do was show her his love. ever the karta, the man in charge, he took over the observance of the ritual, every detail, requirement, rule at his fingertips. make sure it all happens right. just the way khushi wants it. no mistakes this time. without rancour an arm, sorry right arm, was stretched out for the raksha dhaga. smitten buaji, proud naniji, what the di, harrumph dadiji, star in my eyes khushiji.

don't know what dazzled me more, the man in black, white and red or the man immersed in the colours of love. if only there were no pink.

how beautiful is the character of that arrogant young devil we met 6 june 2011. what a deft touch, this trait of loving back big and generous for a tiny bit of love given to him. actually, it's always been that way i realised. how much he treasured and gave his di emotionally. did he ever ask for much in return?

true to character again, he reminded her of their bandage engagement. this ritual has been done before, in a sacred spot she must have remembered. so she has been his "tab se." for me, that was their real roka. a gift of destiny to these two of the purest heart with the most untainted call.

we all know fate has delighted to these characters and already taken them through the essential rituals of a wedding. arnav, shatir saudagar, knows that. khushi is beginning to realise it. wonder what her reaction will be when she realises that indeed devi maiyya haath pakadke sab kuch karwate hain. if we are true, our god never fails us. there was never any need to worry that a wrong was being committed.

khushi is awakening to her love more and more. submitting to it. now she is entirely someone else's, sorry salmanji. and she will not change him, just take him as he is. this growth in khushi is just so so right. perhaps it's this maturity that shone in her eyes last night making her look prettier than ever in that where on earth are you from dress and the please go back to where you came from jewellery. 

again they heard each other across the distance, in the silence of their heart. he smiled. oh i miss your frown these days, but something tells me not to worry, there's plenty of that there too. character, after all. jaayega kahan. 

god's in his heaven
all's right with my characters

as the story progresses and the kisses get going, i leave with only one request.

khushi, please miss him like he misses you at night. feel the stirrings he's left in you, sneak into his room as he sleeps, nk will be glad to pick you up and bring you home, go right up to your sweet husband and put your lips on his skin. the rest i'm sure he'll manage. don't worry, you're already his. will you please be true to sankadevi and do this, khushi kumari gupta... singh raizada?
Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
episode 323
part two

when a man smiles ever ever ever so slightly listening to his beloved, feeling her love in her slightly loopy voice, her words... it's lovely... especially when i know they have shot separately.

"unka yeh sab cheezon mein vishwas nahin hai toh zabardasti karna theek nahin hoga na..."

he doesn't believe in all these things, wouldn't be right to insist... khushi says. perhaps the only time, she as someone who loves him, showed she understood a way of thinking diffreent from hers and respected it... gave him space to be who he was.

a huge shift in khushi, a mature way of looking at something and so very endearing... love is not about making people your mirror image... it's got a lot to do with just enjoying, being one with, people for who they are even when you don't agree with certain things. love allows you a different access... and when you become aware of something vis a vis a specific person, the one you have feelings for... over time there's a chance of this new awareness seeping through and becoming part of mindset. some day khushi might have begun to understand many people believe in their own way, even when there are no visible customs and rituals being followed, just like her khadoos laad governor arnav ji...

i wish we had seen her saying such things, standing up for him more.

bua ji sticks her fingers under khushi's chin and asks, "bahut issak karti hau na?" love him a lot, don't you? somehow that colloquial veinadded to that query, made it earthy, real.

i thought of the a man who's needed that "issak"... for so so long.

"uhm... mera phone..." he walked in... and then that beautiful thank you i wrote about the first time i saw this episode.

have a feeling this was when he decided khushi would have every ritual she wanted as perfectly as possible. i also have a feeling, all that making sure everything went according to the book, started getting to him at a point... so not like him this whole thing... but asr in my eyes will remain a man to look up to, because he tried... so hard... because he considered another... and loved so much. usually, it's women who try like mad where i come from... here this hot, all male guy. beauty.

asr lies there dreaming... thinking of khushi. when he turns and looks at the empty space by him there is no doubt he wants her there. and tonight if she were, things wouldn't stop at hand holding.

he has thought of her while lying in bed right from the beginning, when he had no idea why... she was just there in his mind... i have always enjoyed the adult air barun has brought to this. an intensity. something real. could have easily become soppy, unwatchable.

and then that moonlight missing of his... again, so much has been conveyed by these shots of him out by his pool at night... his mind drifting over thoughts of her. sometimes with a payal, sometimes just gazing up at the moon. the waters rippling.

"so rahi hogi, kissi taekwondo pose mein," must be sleeping in some taekwondo pose... today just a tender thought. yet a yearning in it.

in an ipk way we see her in a parallel scene. alas, too sweet for me. where is the need for this man? why so much kheenheen, ya that's what we used to call it in school, girls doing their kheenheen, the "n"s to add a nasal twang to this non existent word.

when he stuck his arm out and smiled at bua ji letting her tie the dhaga, i had a feeling he had this special soft corner for the dramatic aunt. the no nonsense, straight forward, don't mess with me man in black grey brown and white i think has a thing for pagals. khushi, chief pagal... nk, bua ji... and we know he is nuts about mami. a nice insight into character i felt. he is a highly concentrated type of persona... needs a light touch at times, to breathe... to be. and so dm sends him his brigade of pagals... they in turn are pretty devoted to him.

okay, the overly pink and frothy look was a bit much for me.

i did not like the fairly pedestrian prettying up of khushi,
though the caps looked great and sanaya looked very glossy magazine worthy.

but yes, man in grey suit, white shirt and red tika caused acidity severely.

ha ha. he does pinch her...

and then we get glimpse of camera boy. shyam, supposedly lethal.

everyone is immersed in merriment, but dadi must look stern... anyway, i thought i'd do a pointless cap, just because everyone made such an effort to pretend the episode was wonderful and remarriage is such a joy.

the ritual knower looks at di worried. why?

then walks off with girl... i think payal smiled again.

he reminded her they have been through roka before, i wonder if there was any need to say it. they could have simply shown it... something a little unsubtle and that is so not asr.

i liked his impatience when he draws her away... he is  a normal man, needs his wife with him. instead all this song dance pink and blue.

come to the basics now. let's kiss.

and if anyone's coming, let 'em. let 'em, let 'em, let 'em, in fact. three times... emphatic and ready to take on whatever comes.

but what if aman ji calls?

what?

so she remembers the night of diwali... hamesha? nice touch, i thought. maybe in it a coded signal of her yearning, something sp nuns and so called kitchen audience can live with. otherwise pasty smiles of good girl we be stuck with...

though episode is a bit all over the place, i did get a sense of a story of two people wanting to belong.

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
We are already at aane do?i am bracing myself with a chilled glass of water...

thanks for posting Kate.. and indi, that edit of yours from that post couple months ago.. still fresh on mind... fabulous..

cinthiann1758 thumbnail

episode 321

if arnav singh raizda had not broken down at the sight of khushi in another man's arms i'd have been surprised. if he hadn't lost it and done extreme things i'd have thought the character is losing its essence... and if he hadn't apologised i'd have been really surprised.

this is a thinking man, a brave man and a man who wants to be fair though his human frailties do interfere with that aim often... and especially in the case he has bungled it many times. i do admire this man, but that dropping of khushi from his office, one act of his i still can't figure out nor say, ah doesn't matter, these things happen.

he is a big character, and he acts like one. what i really loved about his apology was his reasoning... you tried so hard to tell me you were not with shyam, but i didn't believe you... you tried at the airport, i didn't listen, despite that... you risked your life and came and saved me.

when his lover was perplexed... why are saying all this now... he said he had something serious to tell her.

she panicked... now what. the last few days have been harrowing. above all dadi has entered and caused mayhem, one can't blame khushi for looking perturbed when he holds her hand and speaks in such a sombre way.

and then he says what he has to.

i am really sorry, khushi. mujhe shayad pata bhi nahin hai maine tumhe kitni baar hurt kiya... for every single time, i'm sorry.

i am really sorry, khushi. i perhaps don't even know how many times i've hurt you... for every single time, i'm sorry.

asr stood up for this apology, giving it a place of importance in their lives, in the story of asr and khushi... like taking a vow he caught her hands and looking into her eyes spoke the words. i do like this man.

yes, he makes mistakes... big ones even... but once he realises his mistake... not only "bahut bura lagta hai" as he tells la earlier, he also acts on it. man of action... of living in this world , engaging with it fully... no matter what the situation.

in fact, khushi doesn't like to look at negative things too hard or too much and says what is the need to go there, but he is adamant... there is a need. a thing must be looked in the eye and dealt with.

she is at first flummoxed by this apology and then picks on his extreme pain at having wronged her and says the most beautiful thing... he doesn't have to say these things, sanaya was wonderful when she said the line as if she meant every word, she cued into the emotion of the words perfectly, made me feel them

aapko yeh sab kahne ki zaroorat nahin hai... kyunki hum jaante hain ki aap humse bahut pyaar karte hain... dammit.

you don't have to say all this to me, because i know how much you love me... dammit.

the whole thing could have gone a bit too mushy and unreal, but i felt acting was solid and real... made it work.

Indi this episode was huge for Arnav Singh Raizada.  We have seen by now his entire personality but then we see him at his best again...vulnerable. A man who solidly loves his wife but knows that he has caused her unbearable pain throughout their relationship from day 1.  he doesn't want to take another step forward without letting her know he knows this and he apologizes.  Khushi being Khushi sweeps it all under the rug because like she says "I know you love me dammit" and I will add "Even when you were a beast to me!"  She knows his pain she knows his limitations as a stunted man and she loves him beyond all reason...she truly accepts him as he is...unconditional love.  But he needed to let her know that he is aware and how sorry he is.  The great Arnav Singh Raizada says sorry to no one...but the great ARnav Singh Raizada shows how really great he is when he can admit they he has wronged her.👏👏👏 What a man!  Our couple rocked the episode.

that dadi is an alien to ipk is so apparent everywhere... the only character with no nuance, (even op has texture)... and clearly hear to get some trp related "action drama dhan tan tan" done. i didn't empathise with the actress at all. and the loud obvious music with all her pausing and fretting over khushi's mother's name, her stiff stilted delivery... something was almost cartoonish about it... flat, exaggerated, alas not funny at all. 
Hai Nandikisore! Dadi hmmm...hated her...hated that she believed Shyam...loved that all her plans were foiled and I actually loved when they got caught on the roof and the little separation she caused.  I know, I know , I am probably the only one who really enjoyed this.  I wanted to see Khushi get the wedding she always dreamed of...she deserved that in my opinion and they were cute AND some of the hottest scenes were during the remarriage but of course tanked directly after the wedding...like a bucket of ice cold water was thrown on the pair when they remarried! UGH! Terrible!

the angry man who was looking particularly hot today stood vis a vis his dadi and insisted on being the master of his own life and absolute shield of his wife... she is his legally wedded wife... asr does his duty meticulously and defending and protecting his wife is a clear and present duty. so beware, dadi.
What a man!  

so cute, the man calls shashi ji, khushi's "dad" and of course garima is "aunty", awww my hardwar educated angreji baboo sir laad governor.

the banter between nk, asr and anjali was lovely... only that i didn't get the meaning of the whole thing... and the ear was so not right in all the shots from asr's back. 
I hate that BD ear!

i fell for nani ji again in this episode...

and please save me from vacant cliched pyaar sabko badal deta hai, love changes everyone, nonsense.

something interesting in that jo such hota hai, woh mooch hota hai. what's true is a moustache... (cyn, in hindi, sach much means really. I thought it meant true?🤗.. nk puns on the much and does this moustache thing... wonder why) huh? major moustache was mimed by nk... again, in the trp chase another little story got lost for we never heard of it again.???????

over all, the whole thing felt a little loose and too many things were flung in, as though someone was in a rush and several points had to be made.

ha ha at eleven a.m. damad ji is visiting with his grandmother.

maine kah diya toh kah diya! okay!...

i've said it so that's it! okay!..

he snaps when khushi asks what's the rush... then quickly tries to assuage the situation, softens his tone... while that was perhaps understandable here, i did not think asr would stand in front of bua ji's house and have a long conversation with himself about not disturbing anyone... once before he's done it in 304... but that was a little more natural... we have entered the phase squarely where asr is being sweetened. bless barun for not yielding completely... he kept on searching seeking finding his character... asr... the best he could.
Thank G-d but he did became a mush.  I use to hope to just get a glimpse of ASR again...longed for it...

since i'd have to edit for the next 100 years straight without break if i wanted to catch all the o h expressions on this man's face this episode, i just exercised extreme restraint and settled for the few i did do... one more... i know is in my caps... soon.

he said to her she looked very nice in white... i wondered about the reference and the lighting in this scene, accentuating khushi's "white" look. was her pure virginal appeal being underscored, dadi having cast hideous aspersions of avaidh, etc." i felt the scene was a bit contrived and gave us the mandatory rabba ve... far more rv to me was him yelling keh diya so keh diya... very pati patni, no masking photoshopping sweetening... as is... hot livid owning demanding love.
The only thing I wanted more from that scene was for him to scoop her up and sleep in bed together spooning...he would awake at dawn and sneak out the window...I didn't want for him to leave...

going to the next one...
cinthiann1758 thumbnail

episode 321

i forgot to mention one thing... there was that moment when asr said, khushi is an orphan... like me.

i felt a pang. they had many points of connection... the sanak, the gussa, the sexiness, the love of fam both had, the straight forward action oriented attitude (when khushi was not getting completely confused between what is the right thing to do and what the tv serial thing... actually, the character she was, if they wanted to create a situation which would make her hold back the truth about shyam, it had to be written much better than this... this anjali quaking at the sight of torn mangalsutra and khushi therefore keeping quiet despite continual creepy lechery by shyam, just did not make sense, very weak muddleheaded women might do such things, but not the khushi i met initially)Darling Indi, I really think that Khushi was desperately not letting the truth be told because it would hurt Di and if Di is hurt then Arnav is hurt.  I didn't see her as mushy...I got angry that she just didn't disclose it properly.  I think it just showed an immaturity in her and maybe that was because her age ranged from 18-25 during the show...stoopid!

anyway, back to where i started... that being orphans both of them... there's a connect point there too... they both understand things perhaps people who have grown up with their own parents do not... there's a fragility and a need in both.

and that feeling... she is like me... a sense of identifying, of empathy... of course barun managed to make it sound much more than that and i thought of our chat about heer ranjha and the sufi idea of the lover becoming one with the beloved... i am her and she is me.

at one level i think lovers do become like that... you hurt one, the other cries, you please one the other smiles... their is a melding a becoming one.
They were becoming one and then it all went to pot.

Edited by cinthiann1758 - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

thanks cynthia, for reading 321... the man is something else.

yes, yes, of course sach means truth, true, etc., you're right. in this context it's in that sense... really or even truly. much pronounced moochh means moustache. i thought nk's dialogues hinted at some story to come and wasn't just a casual meaningless thing.

okay, i know you love remarriage. and you know, i don't...

would like to go  alittle further into why not... bear with me, pillleeejh.

i have tried to say as cogently as i can in the next take, why i don't. playing around with the whole idea of marriage for the sake of trp bothers me. it is happening in too many hindi serials. and here... a) i accept the wedding at the temple to be valid, b) even if we don't accept it, he has said they are legally married... and she has not denied. so i believe they are legally attached.

most disturbing, she is wearing the visible signs of marriage... mangalsutra and sindoor and going through rituals which only unmarried girls do... at too many levels this is wrong.

khushi speaks of the importance of rituals... well, if they are, then she is not doing the right thing at all by observing things that a married girl does not.

in which case she should take off those signs of marriage... can she? i would find it highly what the if she did, again because she does believe in such things...

and really marriage is not something you do to be seen in the right lehenga. i would have respected ipk far more if they had pondered the sanctity of marriage, through khushi herself, the perfect character to do that... perhaps even her refusing a major gesture by him by saying, no, she is a married woman and that is sacred. he would have anyway done something wonderful for her... and i would not be ranting so much. 😆

so memorably back in 80, khushi told him what marriage was... but then she is constantly ready to walk out on him, and now revelling in rituals wearing mangalsutra and sindoor... they really messed with her character.

if you ever get the chance, see a movie called parineeta... means the married woman.

she and he at an hour auspicious exchange garlands by mistake... she never ever agrees to marry anyone else after that, because she believes she is married to him...

he has gone away, nowhere near her is he... but she sweetly says no...

a moving story. written in the last century by sarat chandra chatterjee, a bengali author, who wrote about social issues, major ones... through deeply moving stories. women loved to read him, my mother often cribbed but read anyway. parineeta delves into several social things and also when he wrote it, girls would often get married young, so she is all of 13 i think when the exchange of garlands takes place...

it has been made into movie about five times since 1942... three times in bengali, and twice in hindi, the latest being a saif ali khan/vidya balan version in 2005.

the romantic basis of the story is still that complete acceptance of the girl of the man as her husband, without her talking about it to anyone or demanding anything, just believing it... and refusing to marry anyone else. of course, they are from different castes and that poses its own problems... but all that is secondary.

the idea still finds resonance among audiences. despite our jadedness, our superficial times.

because marriage is coded in us, after centuries of practice i think, as a sacred thing...

now that i have gone on and on... okay, i will try and write a story one of these days on how this might have been done without making khushi wear mangalsutra and get married again... would like to see if it feels lovely and romantic and if khushi's dream of the perfect wedding
can be realised.
kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Just came across this vm, put a smile on my face...😊

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgJBSLHG4X0[/YOUTUBE]
Credit: Uploader/Youtube