Kalarikkal House [3] - [Thread 4 link - p. 144]

-publicenemy- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material (the entire FF in whole or in parts) without express and written permission from this author is strictly prohibited.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello lovely readers,

Firstly, thank you for stopping by to check out this FF/SS.  If it's to your liking, please do stay and contribute (we are a talkative bunch), but if not to your liking, well... (you know what to do J).

I have been writing FFs for a bit now, and I have realized that there are some ' shall we call them 'suggestions' ' that are good to put forth and get out of the way so that we can make this experience as enjoyable as possible for all of us.  Admittedly, many of these are to make this easier for me ;), but I do hope you can cooperate.   

Onto the Suggestions:

A)    Please Do Not ask for longer chapters.  At times I write 5 pages, at times I write three paragraphs, but usually they average to about 2-3 pages per update.  I update at least once a week (for some of my stories, more often), so hopefully this will not pose a problem.

B)     Please Do Not ask for specific scenes (i.e., More scenes on couples that you like!).  I have tried to be the sort of writer who accedes to such wishes, but have found out the distressing truth that I am not (alas!).  So, I request you to refrain and let me tell the story as I wish.   

C)    Please Do Not ask for updates if you do not comment other than to say, "Update please!"

D) And lastly, I have to address the growing number of buddy requests.  While I am flattered and thankful, the PM-ing is a bit of a torture for me as I can only do 20 at a time and I have 4 ongoing stories.   Thus, I have decided to do the following. 

- I will only accept buddy requests from readers who have commented (read comment, not like) at least three times on any of my threads. 

- I will delete readers from my list who have stopped commenting for a month or more as I will assume that you have stopped reading my stories and do not wish to be bothered with PMs. 

- There are a few readers who offer their comments via PM to me; while I quite enjoy your feedback, I request you to post it on the thread itself, as my PM box tends to become crowded as is.

Even though it doesn't seem like it at times, I do read every single one of your comments and cherish them.  I show my gratitude by usually updating more often than to leave a note saying 'Thank you".  I hope you will take that manner of Thanks instead of my "Thank you's" anyways J

Lastly, I do encourage you to comment.  In the past, the best FF threads I have had (i.e. REEL, The Oldest Story, Love and Despair, Eden) have all had healthy and prolific discussions on the characters, situations, and the like with my readers becoming quite friendly with each other; they have become something of a reader group that travel together, I have noticed, even checking in when a key member is missing for a few days.  That sort of camaraderie and engagement is the greatest muse for a writer and the best reward as well. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this long(a$$) intro.

And now, a warm welcome aboard,

-Devi     

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Everyone,

This is a short series (Edit: 8/3/12: It turns out that I don't know how to write SHORT stories!!!  It's now 17 chapters and I have not even covered a whole day!!) based on IPKKND.   The setting is a bit different from the show, but the characters of Arnav and Khushi are still somewhat similar to that of the show (Arnav more so than Khushi). 

-Devi

Chapter 1  - In An Unknown Land

Chapter 2 - Kalarikkal House

Chapter 3 - The Condition

Chapter 4 - What Do You Know of Us Anyway?

Chapter 5 - Murderous Witch

Chapter 6 - Violence Begets Violence

Chapter 7 - Ruminations

Chapter 8 - Stillness

Chapter 9 - Umikiri

Chapter 10 - The Incident at the Pond

Chapter 11 - Kashi Chechy is a... Puli

Chapter 12 - Nalan's Lie

Chapter 13 - A True Disappointment

Chapter 14: You Owe Me

Chapter 15: What More Could I Want?

Chapter 16: A Memory of Something That Never Was...

Chapter 17: Shivan

Chapter 18: Shavathaalam

Chapter 19: Two and Two

Thread 2

Chapter 20: Sorceress

Chapter 21: Doppelganger

Chapter 22: Man-eaters

Chapter 23: Another Dawn

Chapter 24: About Last Night

Chapter 25: En Manamurukum...

Chapter 26: The Lion Cub

Chapter 27: Air

Chapter 28: Straight Talk

Chapter 29: Chamber of Secrets

Chapter 30: Navarasas

Chapter 31: Brothers and Sisters

Chapter 32: Acid

Chapter 33: Public Enemy

THREAD 3

Chapter 34: Land of the Dead

Chapter 35: Tempting the Fates

Chapter 36: The Certainty Principle

Chapter 37: Abomination

Chapter 38: A River Runs Through It

Chapter 39: Heart's Blood

Chapter 40: Der Schrei

Chapter 41: Damsel in Distress...

Chapter 42: The Dreams - Part 1

Chapter 43: The Dreams - Part 2

Chapter 44: The Dreams - Part 3

Chapter 45: The Awakening

THREAD 4 

Picture Gallery

Lakshmi

Pallavi:

Nalan

Devaki

Edited by -publicenemy- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-publicenemy- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

inspiringstars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Res--- I res-ed first, and updating last...LOL! Sorry D , was out for the long weekend...and just got time to get back and read.

Congrats for thread 3----love this FF!!

Oh, this update was freaky but awesome...so it was freaking awesome..
Its creepy how he went in the trance but its strange how it scares Kashi so much despite of her being a part of all this. I think she knows its some supernatural influence that might be troubling people there, and she doesnt want him to be a part of it.

Anyway, the scene of the kiss...was beautiful D. The pain and the pleasure described very well.

And the last statement from Arnav really freaked me out.

Cant wait for the next one,

Thanks for the PM
Pankti

Edited by inspiringstars - 11 years ago
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
She is true sorceress, the one who not only controls his mind but also his heart. The one who looks upon her fall under her spell and are never seen again...poor Arnav :)

Can you truly explain such phenomenon, it's probably the only time when  no one remembers that you are truly lost,  and found true death, will he ever remember this one and only moment in time...

The land of dead and land of living crosses the bridge of love, the only way to survive and bring meaning to their being.

The details around age of rituals and the research it must have took its highly commendable, great take, truly excellent update.

Edited by -Aarya- - 11 years ago
smarty94 thumbnail
res.

*EDIT*

can imagine him getting lost in such a scene, although wht was going through his mind at that time would be nice to know😊

"I think I will follow you to the Land of the Dead if you asked me to."  He whispered as he buried his lips against her neck.
She froze at his words, the ice effectively killing the heat.

well THIS definately gave me an icy feeling toO😕 she is definately scared now to evn go near to him, i am just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best😊

btw congratulations on thread 3👏
take care and update soOn😊
Edited by smarty94 - 11 years ago
Kalyaani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Kaveri, the river which is often refered to as jeeva nadi (life giving river) will she give Arnav life or take him to the Land of the Dead. This story is eerily good...eerily...

Sur_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
So the fire dance finally made it to the update... The part where his shirt catches fire and goes into a trance really freaked me... more like, I was sitting, staring at the screen, wondering which powers were acting over him. 
The way he described the effects of the Acid was really amazing.
 "Or it may seem like that giant hooded snake is standing up and looking at you."
and my favorite
  "It may seem like this vine will grow and wrap around my neck and wring it till my life's breath squeeze out."  He looked up at her. "It may seem like you are an enchantress come to take away reluctant souls to the Land of the Dead."
Hallucinations can be fascinating... I wonder what kind of pain he must be going through, to seek this...
The last part was totally unexpected... Did not think that this would be happening so soon. 
So she does believe in the curse then, eh?

Abi.Na thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
congratz on ur new thread!
AdorableTrouble thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Congrats dear !! A verry well anticipated thread 3 !! 🥳
Awesome going, still glued to it like superglue ! Umm.bad example..
Yet, amazing work ! Keep it up ! Waiting for updates !
musicndance thumbnail
OMGGG it was great!!!!!!!!!!☺️! absolutely love this story!!so they are really falling for each other, are they?😉