Blast from the Past Thread #28 ~*~Purane moments@300~*~ P 140 Epi 330 - Page 29

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: cineraria

Hey JJ welcome to the gang dude, such a delight to see you here. I remember you had raised this point in the CC too, I had been in a particularly playful mood then and had joked about it being the Dil and Dimaag divide. 😉

But I slightly differ in my take on this. 

First and foremost, what is education for you? Is getting good grades in academics a criteria to decide how level headed, thoughtful, composed and pragmatic a person is when it comes to dealing with personal crisis?

Honestly, I don't find educated from Harvard and yet taking rash decisions in personal life ironic or illogical. You may do extremely well in academics, earn the highest degree from the most prestigious university, be a roaring success in your career but is that a testimony to "thou shalt not be gullible to folly"? 
That you cannot make a wrong judgement based on your senses? That you cannot be impulsive, and never lose your rationale in face of adversity?

Lets take a general consideration of how we reach a decision. 

Instant decisions even in business are often made based on immediate facts, past experiences, weighing the pros and cons. 

In Arnav's predicament, it wasn't just witnessing his love in the arms of his sister's husband and hearing a portion of the conversation at the inopportune time, the unfortunate selection of words, "If you don't love her, then leave her."
But simultaneously, it's a cruel reminder of the stigma he's been carrying for half his life. That what had transpired between his parents, how it had killed the person he once was, and to what extent he had hardened himself, how much of a skeptic, untrusting, disbelieving a man he had become just to avoid being shattered again. 
And just when he had let himself to feel a little vulnerable again, willed himself to trust someone with his heart, broken the shackles he had bound his heart in for past fourteen years, he's met with such a sight!

How can one expect a man to remain sane in such a situation. His trust with happiness was never a plenty, it was a very fragile thread, broken with a single jolt. 

And then he's ASR. To him, his only means to sustain is to believe that he's some sort of invincible force. From his point of view, when his sister is in a delicate situation, when he cannot reveal to her the truth, and his judgement is clouded by the betrayal of past, what are the stakes in front of him? 

Oh hell, he gets the girl he wants. If he burns in his hell, he'll make her burn with him. If she suffers, he suffers, they are together in this. And do you not think, ASR was one hell of a masochist. And that's a psychology, ain't got much to do with how brainy you are. It wasn't a stupid move at all, he took the best advantage of the situation, poor Khushi, she was made a scapegoat in this battle between Arnav and Shyam and Arnav's personal demons. Reference point, episode 192, last few minutes. Hell, I love that conversation between ASR and Daiyya ho.  

😆 Sorry for the awfully long bhashan yara 😆 , hope I didn't bore you. Just my take. 😃

My sweet young friend, take a bow! Very well said. As somebody who is a bhudiya compared to you, I hope you remain so clear headed and clear sighted all your life! It was an absolute pleasure to read that. Yes, Harvard and Oxbridge won't remove human frailties!
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
JJKL,

Very glad to see you here. I see that your query is eloquently answered already.
How can I  refrain when something has to do with asr?? not...😊

Absolutely wonderful analyses Rhea and Ria (arwen and cineraria).. 👏 Between both of you, you talked aplomb about the dil and dimaag sides of this coin with great lucidity.  Treat to read..

Rhea, that indeed portrayed the intensity of his love for her and Ria, yes my friend life is  a continuous education beyond any academics.. And oh I absolutely love that convo of BIL - saale saab in 192, his grudging gratification in announcing Khushi to be his wife... raw possessiveness..

Yes Sohara, our love for IPK is myriad... pitfalls galore later on, but his/ their journey for a whole 9 months is sheer perfection and artistry from where I see.

Yes, asr was surely inhuman there, but that's how its supposed to be.. he going back to being inhuman.  the one who would welcome her to hell, make life literally hell, leave her to fall from his cabin and order to manage parking on rainy nights. He was a Harvard graduate that time also. Life altering experiences bring out the most unforeseen reactions from people and I am only talking about shockingly finding two of his most trusted, and one he helpless loved in each other's arms and conspiring about destructing his sister's life line like wedding.

but,  unlike that time, here with all sea of love for her, he is dying inside watching her plight by the pool but his life experiences point otherwise. The fact that his BIL attested to her being an accomplice meant a lot to him.

His BIL shamelessly confessed to not loving Rani shahiba. Khushi would NOT share with him a thing that has to do with Anjali and her marriage, a why of which would be beyond his imagination.  but she would steal glances with Shyam in that room full of people where anjali's pregnancy is announced, indicating she had some thing or the other surely to do with Shyam.

Khushi had her reasons not to share. He had his reasons to believe her to be on the wrong side. Both are right and wrong.

Yes he didn't look at all at the proofs lying right before him if his eyes were open enough, yet the same time he didn't even need any proofs to confess his love for her ...It was all about heart when the matter  has to do with Khushi.. .nothing to do with any tangible proofs ever really ...  

Edited by Horizon - 9 years ago
JJKKL thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Horizon,

Are you all students of literature ? The views are captured so well.  I feel a lot of inferiority complex around here. 😭

Anyway - one of the scenes I liked a lot during the hate wedding was when after an intense argument ASR says "I hate you" and then she repeats it. The expression on his face at that moment was worth it. As if he did not mean it. Was expecting her not to repeat it. But when she did he felt so helpless. Any of you remember it ?

cineraria thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: JJKKL

Horizon,

Are you all students of literature ? The views are captured so well.  I feel a lot of inferiority complex around here. 😭

Anyway - one of the scenes I liked a lot during the hate wedding was when after an intense argument ASR says "I hate you" and then she repeats it. The expression on his face at that moment was worth it. As if he did not mean it. Was expecting her not to repeat it. But when she did he felt so helpless. Any of you remember it ?

Okay, I had thought, as always, I'd take one post at a time in order, as I read but this one made me break that rule. 

Remember it? JJ my dear, this is one of my absolute favorites. As much as I am not an angst's person and prefer some light entertainment that would bring a silly smile on my face, I have to say, there were moments of emotional torture that had me blown and riveted to this show. 

What I loved about IPKKND was the raw intensity and spurts of scathing angst interspersed in with the general light heartedness and humor of a rom com. 

On a human level, the entire concept of hate marriage and its tragedy is a very disturbing idea, more disturbing in real life than what the show made it out to be, but as a viewer I am actually very fond of the phase till Holi, for this track had made me witness some stellar performances by the cast and few of my favorite scenes. 
I don't know which scene is actually my favorite (there cannot be just one) but then there is the breakdown of ASR, in that moment I was mad at him to even consider that my Khushi was capable of bringing any harm to anyone let alone his sister, yet his primal scream pierced through my heart, the torment of his being coming across from each facial tissue of his, the slipping of the mighty against the bonnet of his SUV, his helpless tears and that beastly rage in the next moment (seriously WHAT was Mr. Sobti thinking he was doing) had me crying for a man who had crossed the tolerance limits of pervertedness for me in the initial episodes of the show. 

Now to the scene you mentioned.

He was born of hate, so he did and some more. She had only love, for a beast, for a man, for all. 
Beneath his scorned, vitriolic yells, he had silently prayed to bask in her love, for a beast, for a man, for all.
He erased her hopes, but couldn't mitigate his own. 
She did that for him. 
Crushed his hopes as she said, he wasn't worthy of love. None, for a beast, for a man, for all. 

Edited by cineraria - 9 years ago
cineraria thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
^^^
This scene just reminded me of Paint it Red, IPKKND Vignettes collection by Rockbarbie. If anyone of you guys have missed it, then people, take my words, read it now. 

Rockbarbie is beyond excellence, Paint it Red is a collection of a few angst ridden scenes from the drama, and how the author has interpreted those is mind numbing, delicious. 

I don't know why it never got the number of readers it should have, it's a must read for all IPK fans. 

This particular scene was in Cardinal Sin. 

There are 11 of them.

By the same author under the username of Thyme, is Maidens and Madmen. 

It's like 5 shots and each shot is of only 54 words. Taking 5 scenes (from initial episodes) from the show. Poetry in prose.

Edited by cineraria - 9 years ago
JJKKL thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I watched IPK online almost a year after it ended. And used to read Ipoona's takes on the episodes. She is too too good.Just check this out about the aforesaid episode.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3977966

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
hi jj,

good to see you, i am indi.

i see thread has come alive with that harvard question of yours. wonderful. as for me, i don't think where you got your business degree from has any real impact on how who or what you are as a person.

but yes, had that moment of a man wrecking within had been acted with any less beauty, i too might have found the whole thing utterly melodramatic and difficult to gel with the educated driven completely in control man asr had been presented as.

and yet in life enough harvard grads have done enough irrational things, not that they havn't.

but this is a show, and for me, the response comes without even asking me at times, straight from my gut. if you convince me there... i go with it.

for in life actually the strangest things really do happen. it does not play out a rational linear timeline despite the human being's excessive accent on the rational aspect of existence for the past five hundered years or maybe more.

if you ask me, it is because we are not rational that stories happen in the first place.

so harvard grad or not was never the point for me. in fact at a logical level and with rudimentary maths i think we can pretty much even validly question that very claim itself.

but asr was more than his qualifications and even his two-suit tycoon wardrobe.

he was a huge living breathing character. because someone perhaps felt him beyond his brusqueness, his lopsided smirk, his shut up get out arrogance, and the many things that were the physical signs of asr.

an actor went right into his character and found things no one had possibly thought of.

just my guess.

what i know is however, at that moment when asr stood at a terrace door and saw his faraq padta hai girl in shyam's arms, the first jolt hit him. then she screamed to shyam that he should divorce di in which case.

something came apart in the man watching.

after that only extreme mayhem was possible... that's what i felt.

i remember jumping up and sitting on my bed almost yelling archaic words like thespian. because as asr stood at the door and without saying a word went into shock and then broke... only expressions and that too the slightest merest changes recording a tsunami, i realised barun sobti was really this compelling because he was a fine actor.

i waited for his next move.

and then it came, despite his emotional upheaval, a brave, struggling hard to be rational man's reaction... he spoke to his brother in law... who easily fooled him given asr's emotional state, he believed the evidence of his eyes and ears and they clouded his judgement because his heart was in turmoil... he tried to speak to khushi but that was not to be, he went to tell his sister and guess what she is pregnant...

completely torn between conflicting emotions and unbearable pain he let mayhem win. he saw it as the only thing he could do... protecting his sister became the task he gave himself to find focus in that gashed up night. gussa became his mate in somehow facing the madness because otherwise he'd be swept away.

and he took a wild, obviously irrational, and yes, wrong step. he coerced the woman he loved in the most horrible way.

i would not have been surprised if he had even forced her to live with him.

it was a night like that.

and really the acting is what did it for me.

300 onwards story goes totally haywire, often making no sense. yet, if i watch and still write it's because of those unbelievable moments two actors created. in that is all the story all the logic all the love.

was good you made me think. thanks and see you again. my mind says othello... just a hankerchief and where his passionate love and his feelings of insecurity took him, he the valorous, extremely intelligent strategic thinker and warrior. there too, critics raise questions of logic, and reams are written to defend and take apart the plot. but it's really about a feeling. pyaar in essence is extra logical and makes us do extra logical things. even making us believe in hamesha. one of those things they perhaps don't teach you at harvard.

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
Motif_Soul thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi every one.I know I have become a total stranger but when when your MIL stays with you for three months then...Khuch nahin ho sakta😆

Any way..good to be back...

Just thrilled seeing my handsome on the screen.can't be over .My hubby makes fun at my craziness.He calls me a teenager.

Motif_Soul thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JJKKL

I watched IPK online almost a year after it ended. And used to read Ipoona's takes on the episodes. She is too too good.Just check this out about the aforesaid episode.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3977966

Awww, you are reminding me good reliving ipk days, 😭..I used to come everyday reading Arshi di and Ipoona di.

When Arshi di pulled off herself, the thread didn't continue that long.Hardly people come to read.Good memories.
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: MehreenB

Hi every one.I know I have become a total stranger but when when your MIL stays with you for three months then...Khuch nahin ho sakta😆

Any way..good to be back...

Just thrilled seeing my handsome on the screen.can't be over .My hubby makes fun at my craziness.He calls me a teenager.

mehreen, so good to see you. yes. he was on a screen yayyy. ha ha of course we are teenagers. i get your frustration, i have been traveling and concentration messed, often no internet or the comp acting up. right now in that state. ufff.