Blast from the Past Thread #23!!Catch up and some ott!! pg 114 epi 230 - Page 87

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
@Jav~
thanks for reading my 211.
Loved all of your comments.
You are so right about Khushi's thought on Payal. Like Arnav Khushi was also too possessive about her sister. It's true that because of her unconditional love for her family, she had to suffer a lot. Gosh can never forgive bua how she coerced her to marry Shyam.
Akash really disappointed me after the marriage. he is just a spineless man in front of his inexorable mom.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 229

An episode with quite a lot to write about.. After a long time scenes flowing seamlessly into each other in the 20 mins.. The minutes that follow reveal a lot about each individual of the Raizada household... "Ee ghar mein aisan naahi howat hai".. amazingly different from most serials on television.. Here is household where none of the women are shown working so you would be tempted to put a label of regressive .. but then comes this one simple line and you understand this is the house Arnav Singh Raizada belongs to. Nani may have said no to Lavanya as a bahu but her reasons where not blind tradition only.. The loud next gen saas who does nothing remotely sacrificing for her husband but expects it out of her already too docile and scared bahu.. a grown middle aged man who agrees with his mother and gently playfully shows his wife that he too does not expect it.. and another man who does not agree with his mother but does very little to display the displeasure.. No concrete action to protect the one he has sworn to protect.. And finally the contemplative look of an elder sister.. Am really happy with the direction here.. Anjali has this quiet layered far off look.. like she isn't really hearing the words but figuring out whats behind it.. a subtle disappointment that her caring bhabhi has not acted upon her absolutely sincere words when she tried explaining her "Chote" to his "Khushi".. not the reaction she had hoped to draw out.. and for one brief second we see Sanaya steal a furitive glance at Anjali.. the glance conveyed that Khushi knew in her heart of hearts that she was letting di down by behaving this way..
I also agree what you said about Raizada family. They are not typical family of hindi soaps.
Loved what you said about Anjali, she is a smart cookie. Isn't she?

Nani tries to order chote home but the busy man will not be swayed into hurrying home.. Khushi tries to wait.. her hungry stomach does not.. Fasting has never been khushi's forte.. but eating all those puris?! And rice.. and whole bowl full of sabjis?!!😆

"Ki jab tak main ghar nai aaunga tum khana nai khaoge".. ordinary words but the way Barun says it makes me think .. he is not standing at a hands distance away from his pagal wife uttering words that can be said even in a crowded room.. If I close my eyes and just hear him.. it feels like Arnav must be standing impossibly close to the endearingly wierd woman whispering in her ears something special..honeyed teasing voice.. "whaat sath baithke nai khana hai?" I am trying to be objective here but am absolutely floored by this man. "Waaitt main kahin se order kar deta hun." He is still not yelling at her.. Are real men like this?! why is it whenever he talks to her his tone is so intimate... its like an endless continuing conversation.. no beginning .. no end.. A slight hint of Barun peeping out of Arnav today.. Maybe its all this talk of food that brings him out .. Have heard Barun is quite the foodie in real life.. No words needed just an expressive face communicating the tiredness.. hunger.. Arnav Singh Raizada with his back half turned had jumped down stairs to catch a swaying Khushi Kumari Gupta on the temple steps and today right next to him Khushi can't feel him about to collapse .. where is the mehsoos these days?😆
Mehsoos choo mantar ho giya.😆
just so right what you said about Barun. he is outstanding delivering his dialogue with a perfect modulation. And with Sanaya, it's just the chemistry, what compels us to feel the magic.
Barun is quite a foody. i guess not Sanaya but he finished all the puris and aloos.😆 Sanaya eats blend food like ASR, but in real life our sexy man eats all the oily food like Khushi. Can you imagine he eats bread pakora early in the morning!

Interesting Khushi says hey bhagwan not hey devi mayya.. was it a slip by Sanaya? A girl had fed her rakshas jilebis another day.. put both her hands around his falling frame to support him.. shared the secret.. But today because of her childish pranks she has in a way lost the wife's haq.. I want to feed him..look after him.. possessiveness.. you are mine.. guilt.. I didn't mean you actual harm.. But for now I have to stand back and see everyone else take care of you.. fuss and worry for you.. mami being melodramamtic is sharply made to shut up.. Am getting this feeling more and more that nani is very much like Arnav in some ways..
right and she has some Khushiness too, a bit eccentric sometimes.

Hahaha seems arnav's not a fan of babli just like us.. Ha curt nod of head is the only acknowledgement of a goodnight you are going to get! Anjali was at her best in these episodes.. There is a comfort that only siblings can share.. Don't have any myself but from what I have heard you can let out the long held breath and just relax knowing here is someone who will love you and let you be no matter what.. Her pretty orange bangles are grogeous.. How lovingly she feeds chote. i wish is she would've taken care of his meal so lovingly every day. Reminds me of the discussion on our thread about how Arnav also needs to be shown love.. By the way her plate has 4 bowls.. If Khushi cooked all that while Arnav was waiting no wonder he fainted! 😆Sensible di consoling realizes Khushi is feeling terrible.. Had it been a different show for no reason at all the bahu would be blamed.. And here unaware that it is actually her fault she is being consoled.. IPK got so many things right repeatedly..
can't agree more.

Her voice a still a tad too loud.. was it panic or not knowingly but just by habit since this is how Khushi is now.. When they had gazed at stars and a broken boy had asked consolation a girl didn't have too many words.. Uncomfortable perhaps scared to see him in so much anguish had turned to leave yet whispered in a shaky voice "aap thik toh hai na"? That is the voice I want and don't get yet.. he in turn is brusque .. showing the hurt in a way men do sometimes.. Sanaya does look good in white.." Tum white mein bahut achchi lagti ho" .. Echos in the future somewhere.. berating herself.. does she remember he has married her for 6 months threatening to break her sister's marriage.. does she remember this is what she had set out to do.. make his life hell.. is it guilt? is it fikr? is it farq? is it haq? its all this and love..👏

Can't bear the distance.. pulls the chaise close yet its too far.. staring unblinking from afar.. but my heart sees her soul lying there right next to him.. holding him impossibly close.. Taking care of him.. absolutely lovely notes of rabba ve enhacing each emotion.. he gets up and slowly her voice starts to get gentle .. As Khushi held on to Arnav's face am captivated by Sanaya beeauutiful long fair fingers.. reminds me of the daintly arched milky white foot that Arnav had held while placing the payal.. exercising her right thumps his back to take away the unease.. was she doing it for him or for herself? Did it even matter.. "matlab sirf iska hai ki main hamesha hamesha".. and so we witnessed Khushi's hamesha... Barun's tantalising heavy eyes unknowingly piercingly questioning her? I believe they are saying.. "so you thought you showered me with love all day.. look at this moment.. do you see this? do we even need any words? Does it really need a name? isn't our every action a confession? A declaration .."
loved what you said. At that moment she became completely oblivious of the animosity or the contract marriage thing. In that moment she was just a loving and caring wife.
they are confessing their love every single day by their action. so really don't need the decrataion.

Standing.. Leaning.. Sitting.. Drowsing.. Reclining.. Not giving into the clutches of slumber.. am so very delighted to get our Khushi back for these few minutes for now.. notice how Sanaya's expression also changes to the look of KKG of the old times.. the new young girl moved to Delhi in the chamkili dresses we had met.. Yet the women brought out like this man unfailingly managed to bring out in her.. and as she determinedly shakes away sleep I feel like yelling out.. ok just hug him already.. show him the love.. the concern.. the mad crazy pyaar you feel for your arnavji..

The last minute a slight loss of subtlety.. like we were watching something divine and were rudely jerked out of it..

Aarwen, fab as usual.
the lines I loved most, i marked red and my comments are in purple.
I feel like yelling out.. ok just hug him already.. show him the love.. the concern.. the mad crazy pyaar you feel for your arnavji..

this line just blew me away. I really wish without any inhibition, if she would've do so, then all the grudge, all the ill feelings would've evanesced.

Crazy4IPK thumbnail

Originally posted by: MehreenB

EPISODE 229

Weaving Relationship

She teased him all day long without realizing the extreme of it , has no knowledge of consequences of her actions but the very same actions make her regret each minute of her life.She took care of him forgetting all what he did to her and what was her mission.His longing and denial eyes couldn't ignore either.Under the ups and downs of this relationship , the love and care under the skin of anger and frustration always keeps them , weaves them, strengths them in this emotional battle of Love and Hate.

mehreen, you said everything about the episode in few words.
In the lines, what I marked red, you described their relationship so clearly. Just loved it.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
@Aarwen~
I'm glad that you enjoyed.
yup, romance was over and nafrat was back.😔
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
five or six pages have gone by and i haven't had a chance to catch up... ufff, what am i doing?

missing all of you.

sohara... still to read your 211 and the latest.

hope to update my 229 tomorrow... or maybe later tonight... 😃

this week has gone fast, that calcutta trip over last weekend was more tiring than i thought.

i am missing ipk even more with each passing day. so good that new people are joining the blast, more thoughts,more edits, more mayhem... yes yes yes.

i read something about how ipk took away years of fairly unreal stuff and reached people everywhere therefore. i think mehreen wrote that. so agree. a very neat contemporarinesseven if there was a love of indian traditions. even in the character of khushi or shashi gupta, not only the western educated raizadas, this was apparent. and nani... what a lovely character.

back soon for more bak bak.

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: samin6

I have been missing so much I have to catch up with all the readings. Hello blasters how is everyone. Hope everyone had a very happy valentine's day and enjoyed it thoroughly. We are renovating so I was extremely busy and rarely had time even to come to indiaforums. So hope to catch up soon.

hi samin,

renovating? ufff tiring... but happy making finally i guess. i do miss your unique pov a lot and all the colour you brought with you. do come back when you can... take care and all the best with the changes.

Motif_Soul thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks Sohara 😊

The message was simple after putting all the other floating things at their places.Just ignoring too much noise of those and in silence you can hear their heartbeat for each other.
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sohara

@Jav~

Loved all of your comments.
You are so right about Khushi's thought on Payal. Like Arnav Khushi was also too possessive about her sister. It's true that because of her unconditional love for her family, she had to suffer a lot. Gosh can never forgive bua how she coerced her to marry Shyam.
Akash really disappointed me after the marriage. he is just a spineless man in front of his inexorable mom.

Hey Javeria

I really liked your comments on Sohara's post..very insightful .. We all have weaknesses and you managed to catch Khushi and Arnav's weakness.. Both care a bit too much and take on all the responsibility of their loved ones on themselves..

There are so many moments where i doubt that does Arnav actually have a Harvard mind. He most of the time blantly ignores the truth, never give chance to other to speak their truth. I think the sever problem he is suffering from that is trust issues especially with his dil and khushi always create hurdles.And when he trusted his heart every mess in his life clears out and his every problem sorts immediately.

khushi's biggest mistake was to take her jiji a weak and sensitive girl and so does her relation. Her love for her dearest always make her loose but in the end she always win and stand with pride because of them.
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sohara

Aarwen, fab as usual.
the lines I loved most, i marked red and my comments are in purple.
I feel like yelling out.. ok just hug him already.. show him the love.. the concern.. the mad crazy pyaar you feel for your arnavji..

this line just blew me away. I really wish without any inhibition, if she would've do so, then all the grudge, all the ill feelings would've evanesced.

🤣 Mehsoos choo mantar ho giya.
Thank you so much for liking what I wrote 😳 Haha I had no idea Barun eats bread pakora for breakfast.. And you are so right when you say naniji had some khushiness in her too. Khushi and Arnav in one person she must be perfect !
Sona_Chandini thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome thread. The pictures bring back so many memories. I really miss the show.