Lavender (4): Discontinued (Note, p. 68)

-publicenemy- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material (the entire FF in whole or in parts) without express and written permission from this author is strictly prohibited.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello lovely readers,

Firstly, thank you for stopping by to check out this FF/SS.  If it's to your liking, please do stay and contribute (we are a talkative bunch), but if not to your liking, well... (you know what to do J).

I have been writing FFs for a bit now, and I have realized that there are some ' shall we call them 'suggestions' ' that are good to put forth and get out of the way so that we can make this experience as enjoyable as possible for all of us.  Admittedly, many of these are to make this easier for me ;), but I do hope you can cooperate.   

Onto the Suggestions:

A)    Please Do Not ask for longer chapters.  At times I write 5 pages, at times I write three paragraphs, but usually they average to about 2-3 pages per update.  I update at least once a week (for some of my stories, more often), so hopefully this will not pose a problem.

B)     Please Do Not ask for specific scenes (i.e., More scenes on couples that you like!).  I have tried to be the sort of writer who accedes to such wishes, but have found out the distressing truth that I am not (alas!).  So, I request you to refrain and let me tell the story as I wish.   

C)    Please Do Not ask for updates if you do not comment other than to say, "Update please!"

D) And lastly, I have to address the growing number of buddy requests.  While I am flattered and thankful, the PM-ing is a bit of a torture for me as I can only do 20 at a time and I have 4 ongoing stories.   Thus, I have decided to do the following. 

- I will only accept buddy requests from readers who have commented (read comment, not like) at least three times on any of my threads. 

- I will delete readers from my list who have stopped commenting for a month or more as I will assume that you have stopped reading my stories and do not wish to be bothered with PMs. 

- There are a few readers who offer their comments via PM to me; while I quite enjoy your feedback, I request you to post it on the thread itself, as my PM box tends to become crowded as is.

Even though it doesn't seem like it at times, I do read every single one of your comments and cherish them.  I show my gratitude by usually updating more often than to leave a note saying 'Thank you".  I hope you will take that manner of Thanks instead of my "Thank you's" anyways J

Lastly, I do encourage you to comment.  In the past, the best FF threads I have had (i.e. REEL, The Oldest Story, Love and Despair, Eden) have all had healthy and prolific discussions on the characters, situations, and the like with my readers becoming quite friendly with each other; they have become something of a reader group that travel together, I have noticed, even checking in when a key member is missing for a few days.  That sort of camaraderie and engagement is the greatest muse for a writer and the best reward as well. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this long(a$$) intro.

And now, a warm welcome abroad,

-Devi     

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Index

Thread 1

Chp-1: Silly Twit

Chp -2: Get Laid

Chp-3:  Peeping Tom

Chp-4:  Audition

Chp-5: Lavender 

Chp-6: Wood

Chp-7: Hooky

Chp-8: The Soup for all Maladies

Chp-9: Beneath

Chp-10: Dalliance

Chp-11: What's in a Kiss?

Chp-12:  He did What??

Chp-13: Colossal

Chp-14: Ill Begotten

Chp-15: Ever-losing

Chp-16: The V-Factor

Chp-17:  When in Doubt, Go for her Neck

Chp-18: The L Word

Chp-19: Naakka Mukka video-link

Chp-20: Pretenses

Chp-21: Moral Fiber

Chp-22: Nightwing

Chp-23: Wolverine vs. Catwoman

Chp-24: Khushi, Vaibhavi, Veronica

Thread 2

Chp-25: Brown Sugar

Chp-26: I Thought You Were Someone Else

Chp-27: Deep Shit

Chp-28: Simply a Braggart and a Cad

Chp-29: The People Liberate Themselves

Chp-30: Limited Supply

Chp-31: An Indecent Proposal

Chp-32: Deductions

Chp-33: Interrupted... 

Chp-34: Would You Take it the Wrong Way?

Chp-35: The Bait

Chp-36: The Final Entry

Chp-37: Good and Bad

Chp-38: Walking Menace

Chp-39: Something Lost

Chp-40: Giving up and Giving in...

Chp-41: Repercussions

Chp-42: Repercussions - Part 2

Thread 3:

Chp-43: Hell Hath No Fury...

Chp-44: Utterly Empty

Chp-45: Down and Out

Chp-46: Approach with Caution

Chp-47: What Goes Around...

Chp-48: Calling Card

Barun Video!!!

Chp-49: To Hell in a Hand-basket

Chp-50: Bhool Jayenge Hum...

Chp-51: Sense and Sensibility

Chp-52: Chihuahua on Crack

Chp-53: A Mishap

Chp-54: 78%

Chp-55: The Fork in the Road

Chp-56: Absentee

Thread 4

Chp-57: A Tepid Affair

Chp-58: A Splinter and  A Kiss... Maybe More 

Chp-59: Eight Shades Darker Than Mocha

Chp-60: Psych 101

-------------------------

Links:

Rajeev

Vaibhavi

-------------------------

Edited by -publicenemy- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-publicenemy- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6

Chapter 57:  A Tepid Affair

Lavanya called Arnav two days later and formally asked if he and V would accompany them on a family picnic that weekend.  He couldn't tell her how glad he was that she was talking to him again.  He was stubborn to a fault and if left up to him, sadly, he couldn't guarantee that he would have taken the initiative to repair the rift that had formed between them.  He would like to think he would have, but he couldn't guarantee it.  His stubbornness had been indulged for too long now for it to disappear overnight... like many other traits of his...  He told Lavanya that he would try his best, but that he wasn't sure.  He remembered Khushi asking V to come on the same picnic and V's answer.  Admittedly, she had not been in the best of emotional states in that moment, but there was nothing to indicate that things had changed drastically since then.  In fact, V had gone into a sort of withdrawal that had become perplexing to the family.   

He found V that night on her balcony, leaning against the balustrade, looking off into the distance.  She had been like this for the past few days, a bit dazed, her mind only half in the moment while the other half perpetually floated along somewhere else... he, like the rest of the family, had let her be, not precisely knowing what to do.  Every particle of her being had always been so animated, even at rest, that it was difficult to know what to make of this Vaibhavi... she didn't look sad or distressed, which would have prompted the family to intervene in some fashion.  She just looked... preoccupied...

When he cleared his throat, she looked up startled.

"What's wrong with you?"  He asked and she shook her head, looking away again.

He watched her carefully for a moment before he asked, "Did he hurt you that much?"

Her head snapped back to him and he clarified, "What he said that day... all those things... did he hurt you that much?"

Her eyes swept down before she shook her head.

She was almost docile like this and it was not a look that agreed with her!

He made his decision in that moment and announced it to her.  "We are going to that picnic that Khushi asked you to go on that day.  The twins' mother, Lavanya, called today to ask us again.  I told her that we would go.  It's this Saturday, which gives you one more day.  I won't take no for an answer, V.  We're going. And if you refuse, I am calling Ambika aunty and telling her that you got a lobotomy while the rest of us weren't looking."

She looked up at him and he was surprised when she gave him a faint smile.

"I'll go." She said.

He hadn't expected such an easy capitulation and stood there for a moment, taken aback by the quick victory.

"Well, alright then."  He said finally, at a loss for words.

He stood there for a minute longer before he finally said, "Good night, V.  If you try to climb off this balcony again, none of my employees are waiting down there to catch you.  So do try to control yourself."

She surprised him when she hugged him suddenly, in a quick tight squeeze. 

He let her hug him while he patted her back, albeit awkwardly; she was not someone given to open displays of affection for all that she was a wildling.   Neither was he.  But it still brought a smile to his face and he told her before she let go, "Well, I am glad we understand each other."

------

He and V arrived at the picnic site on Saturday ten minutes after the time that Lavanya had asked them to be there.   Even though his natural compunction was to always be on time, he rarely attended other people's family picnics and wasn't sure what decorum called for.  He certainly didn't want to get there first and thus he had opted to delay their arrival by precisely ten minutes.  The picnic was actually not in any park, but on grounds owned by Sohan's family a bit outside of Delhi.  Thus, it was a relatively secluded green expanse with numerous trees, picnic benches, and even a small shallow pond nearby.  It reminded him of some idyllic pasture straight out of a BBC short series featuring some seemingly tepid family drama with a subversive socio-political subtext.  Not that he had seen any such features, but he imagined that this is what it would look like.

He saw Sohan and Lavanya immediately by one of the picnic benches; Sohan was going through a cooler of beverages and Lavanya was sorting through the picnic basket.

"Where are the imps?"  he asked and the couple turned.

"Hey man!"  Sohan said as he moved forward to shake his heads just before Lavanya came forward for a hug. 

"I am so glad you came."   She said as she turned to V and gave her a hug as well.

V smiled and returned the hug just as Arnav repeated, "Where are Nikhil and Jay?"

"They just went for a walk with Bee and Rajeev around the pond."  Just as Lavanya finished, they heard footsteps behind them and turned to see Rajeev walking up with Nikhil hoisted upon his left shoulder.

The boy looked as if he had been crying earlier, with tear-rimmed eyes and a leaky nose.

"What happened buddy?"  Sohan asked and Rajeev looked up at the boy and winked before he asked, "Should we tell Papa or Mama?"

The boy shook his head and rubbed at his eyes wildly to remove any remnants of tears.

"What's wrong baby?"  Lavanya asked.

"It's a secret, bhabhi.  He just wants to relax here with you both for some time before coming back out.  Isn't that right, Nick?"

The boy nodded and reached for Sohan who had come to take him from Rajeev.

"You guys go ahead and find Khushi and Jay.  We'll be here and Nick is going to help us see if we packed any popsicles."

Nick brightened up at this suggestion and Rajeev smiled as he turned to Arnav.

"G'morning, sir."

"Morning."  He acknowledged before Rajeev turned to V and nodded a greeting.  She offered one in return as they started walking.

"So, what happened to Nick?"  He asked, walking between V and Rajeev as they started in the direction of the pond.  He hadn't known that Rajeev would be here, although he should have guessed. 

"He got scared by a group of wild geese and literally tried to climb up my body in fright.  So, I brought him back.  It's not like you can chase wild geese away; they can be quite unpleasant if provoked."  He said with a smile before looking off in the direction of the other side of the.

"There they are."

And sure enough, Arnav could see her form in the distance.  She was wearing some sort of long skirt and a sleeveless top and he could see her trying to give chase to Jay who was squealing in excitement. 

"Jay called Nick a cry baby, so we thought it best to separate them for a bit until Nick got over his need to have a go at Jay." Rajeev said as they approached Khushi and the boy.

"Uncle Arnav!"  Jay caught sight of him before Khushi did and left her side to run up to him.

"V, you came!"  Khushi said as she turned around and came towards them.

He saw her glance at him briefly in acknowledgment and he held her gaze as she hugged his cousin.

She looked away when he wouldn't and it gave him some irrational satisfaction to know that he wasn't the only one affected like this whenever they were near each other.

He wished for once that he found some sort of cologne that made him irresistible to her so that she would be just as tormented as him and would truly understand his predicament.  But men were always more attracted to women than women were to men.  It was just a fact of life.  Women were beautiful creatures by no fault of their own.  Khushi just happened to be more beautiful than most women, again through no fault of her own.  How had he not noticed for eight long years?  Even while he wondered that, he was thankful that it took him that long; if he had noticed before, things likely would have ended badly.  She had the wherewithal to hold him off now, mature as she was, whereas before that may not have been the case.  And then he would have been really f**ked.

"Uncle Arnav"  He heard Jay call him and shook his head off of errant thoughts and picked up the boy.

"What's this I hear about you making fun of your brother?" he asked once Jay was settled in his hold.

"He made fun of me when I cried last week at Shoba's aunty's house when her dog jumped on me."

"A dog jumped on you?"  he asked, widening his eyes.

"The puppy was trying to play with you."  Khushi said coming to his side.

"That was a dog, Bee masi!  Not a puppy!"  Jay was insistent.  Khushi smiled but stuck to her side of the story, "It was a puppy, Jay." 

"It was too a dog! It was huge!"  Jay said before turning around and wrapping his arms around Arnav. 

"I'm just teasing you."  Khushi said walking behind him to see Jay's face.

Jay must have hidden his face from her before she reached around to tickle him, making the boy fidget, which unbalanced Arnav enough to back into her.  

"Oh, careful."  She said as he felt her behind him, steadying him.

He turned around to face her then, Jay giggling and turning with him.

She avoided his gaze as she looked at Jay.  "So you have new company now and you ignore me completely.  I am katti with you."  She said before turning away.

Jay reached out to grab her but only got her by the hair and Arnav heard her yelp just as he moved forward so that Jay wasn't tugging on her hair.

Jay giggled again even though he kept his hold on her hair and when the boy leaned toward her, Arnav moved closer behind her until he was flush against her back.  He took the bunch of hair from Jay's tiny fingers and the boy let go easily, pulling Khushi by the shoulder now to lean forward to say, "Dosti please."

She remained still for a few moments and Jay leaned over all the way to kiss her cheek before he said, "Please Bee maasi."

She seriously had the boy wrapped up around her pinky finger! 

She turned around and smiled as she leaned up to kiss Jay's cheek.  He didn't notice that he was still holding onto her hair until he saw her reach her hand up towards where it tugged.  She pulled on it and he opened his palm and let it slide out of his hand.

For a moment, their gazes held, but they were startled out of their reverie soon enough when Jay exclaimed, "I want popsicles!"

-------

pal89711 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Congrats on the new thread... :D enjoyed the update 
hkanchiuk thumbnail
loved it. And yes congrat for your new thread. Keep rocking gurl 😉Edited by hkanchiuk - 11 years ago
meera06 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Congrats on the new thread!!
Great update!!Loved it..
Drwho thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I came upon your new thread luckily while prowling around the forum!

The idea of a picnic is absolutely lovely!

All that greenery and beauty and peace and quiet is plenty of opportunity for all the usual suspects!

Throw in a few children and the opportunities are multiplied!
segad thumbnail
For some reason I have high hopes from this picnic
kushipugly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
congrats on the new thread and yes as usual great update👏👏👏👏👏
ninand thumbnail
(a) conscientious Bookmark. ;)
smarty94 thumbnail
res.

*EDIT*

first of all many many congratulations on THREAD FOUR👏👏 i am really happy V and Rajeev r civil now, although it was expected bt stl😆 and guess some one is falling😳 hope arnav stops being a jerk to khushi and khushi understands his dilemma😃

fab update btw😊
Edited by smarty94 - 11 years ago