Fan Fictions

✍️Submit a Writing Prompt ✍️ Note P 48

LizzieBennet thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Hello, shello, IFians, readers and writers! Here we are again with a brand new initiative!

To make a good story, writers add a healthy dose of imagination with a generous measure of creativity, mix in a portion of vocabulary, grammar, and punctuation skills, then throw in a spot of drama, a hint of romance, a pinch of angst, a soupçon of thrills, a dash of humour, allow it to soak in a delicious marinade of narration skills and characterization, bake them all to perfection, and Voila!

You have a scrumptious story all ready for consumption! 

But sometimes writers run out of some of these key ingredients. 

Their jar of imagination is left empty. 

Writer’s block makes their narration skills moldy

The chef and the recipe are held at a standstill. 

This is where we readers come in! 

By supplying them with that much-needed start, the idea, the inspiration for them to write, we can stoke the embers of the stove for cooking up that perfect work of fiction

It’s also your chance to place an order for a bespoke narrative featuring your favorite characters! 

Perhaps you want to read a story where Arnav and Khushi from IPKKND battle Voldemort simply by the power of their explosive chemistry?

Or maybe you’re excited by the thought of a mythological AU where the Pandavas join forces with Hercules, Achilles and Theseus to fight against the Ultimate League of Evil?

Perhaps your preference is a time travel romantic one-shot where Sai and Virat from Ghum hai kisike pyar mein meet Jodha and Akbar?

Or possibly, your idea of a good thriller is ACP Arjun Rawte from Arjun and Srikant Tiwari from The Family Man getting together to ward off a major terrorist attack while also getting romantically involved? 

Whatever your imagination comes up with, we’re certain our writers can incorporate it into their recipe, creating your own special, personalized story!

The FFDT has created this space for you to send in your prompts to stoke the fires of imagination in our writers’ creative minds.

So what are you waiting for? 

Post those fabulous prompts and get those awesome stories written by your favorite authors right here!

But before you do that, let's take a look at the rules

Idea & Write-up: LizzieBennet

Inputs and Proof-reading by: Koeli and oye_nakhrewaali

Tags: Serpensortia

Edited by LizzieBennet - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LizzieBennet thumbnail

For Requesters (sending prompts)

ImageThe prompt can be as specific and detailed as you like, but the writer is allowed to write it the way they want to, incorporating only some or all of the elements in the prompt.

ImageYou are not allowed to request or write Real-Person fics (RPFs), including self-insert fics (either reader/author).  

ImageRequesters, please note that authors will only take up your prompts if they feel comfortable doing so. So please do not be disappointed if your prompt doesn’t get written, and please refrain from hounding authors to do so.

ImageRequesters should post the prompt clearly stating the names of the characters and the fandoms they belong to. 

Eg. Arnav and Khushi from IPKKND, Harry Potter and Ron Weasley from the Harry Potter series and so on.

ImageRequesters can specify the type/genre in the prompt – 

Fluffy, steamy, angsty, soulmate, AU, crossover, Time travel, darkfic, fix-it fic (‘repairing’ or ‘fixing’ canon), hurt/ comfort, stream of consciousness/ introspective, first-person etc. 

ImageRequesters can also specify character traits/quirks/backstory

Eg. Anupama is a vampire. OR Rishabh Bajaj is a ruthless politician by day and an avenging vigilante by night.  

ImageRequesters can tag specific author/s to take up their request. If the prompt is left untagged, or even if it is tagged, anyone can take it up if they’re interested in writing it. We would love to read multiple takes on the same prompt!

ImagePlease only include one prompt in one post, so that makes it easy for the writers to take it up.

Some examples of prompts:

Please write Shiva and Raavi (Pandya Store) spending a lazy Sunday afternoon watching an IPL cricket match, but they each support the rival team and get into an argument. 

Dialogue prompt for Ram- Priya (BALH 2) fic.  “You’re so stupid.”   “But you still love me” 

Please write an angsty Sai- Virat fic featuring these key words: ‘gut-wrenching’, ‘adultery’, ‘politically correct’, ‘kiss’, ‘life-changing’

For Authors (accepting prompts)

ImageAuthors MUST post the completed prompts (fics) in the new FF section, with due credit given to the source of the idea/prompt (requester). The tag Writing Prompt should be included when posting the story.

ImageAuthors can request a book cover here:

Fan Fiction Book Cover Shop

ImageAuthors should also post a link to their story once published in this thread, tagging the requester.

ImageThere is no word limit. Writers are free to develop the prompt the way they wish to - they can either write a drabble, one/two shot, a short story or a full-length novel.

ImageWriters can also combine multiple prompts into one story but credit needs to be given to all sources (requesters) in this case.

ImageThe author/s taking the prompt should quote the post and say something like - ‘doing this’ or ‘writing this’ or ‘taking’ 

ImageMore than one author can take up the same prompt, but remember to give credit to the requester.

ImageThere’s no specific deadline for the completion of a prompt. This also holds true for accepting prompts. It's possible an author might not find the prompt doable at the present moment, but might do so in a week, a month or perhaps even a year! There's no expiry date for your prompts!

Readers are requested to have patience. The authors will get to your prompt in their own time. 

ImageIF COC should be followed at all times, no explicit content will be accepted.

For any queries, feel free to

contact one of the FFEs.

oye_nakhrewaali (Shibani),  Koeli(Appy), Viswasruti (Madhuri)  or LizzieBennet (Riya) 

Please also refer to our link in the FF section here:

Submit a Writing Prompt

We hope you will have fun reading, writing and prompting!! 

Edited by LizzieBennet - 6 months ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

Res post  

Edited by LizzieBennet - 2 years ago
DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Hello lovely people, the FFDT started "Submit a Writing Prompt" to encourage writers and readers on IF alike, with new stories and buzzing story ideas. So, please go ahead and submit your writing prompts, spread the word, and tag your favorite writers. 😀

Tagging few ppl ❣

Edited by tournesol - 2 years ago
dusk2dawn thumbnail

Great initiative from all of you wonderful creatives..👏

Though my brain isn’t functioning properly for churning out any prompts. If I have any I will definitely drop here 👍🏼

BlackWitch thumbnail

Yay! This is up! 

I want Raavi and Shiva from Pandya Store to have a conversation about her self respect in light of the Disha issue. She can tell him to go take a hike if she matters so little to him, and Shiva shows her exactly how much she matters ☺️ Theme: Romantic + steamy

Tagging some wonderful authors from the PS forum 🤗

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Awesome initiative, BRs😍 Guys, drop in your prompts and help the writers go on the crazy adventure. Tagging two people who I know read (my) stories and stories on various forums😅

melodyofflowers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Yayy!! thank you for this. What an amazing initiative.

Edited by beingaditij - 2 years ago
ExoticDisaster thumbnail

Yayyy!! Finally this is up! Great initiative by BRs 👏

I would like to read a paranormal romance 😳 

Tagging some of my fav writers :)

CLUE #4

It all started from this thread.

Its a Global Announcement

DO you still need more hints? 🤣

Edited by ExoticDisaster - 8 months ago
BlackWitch thumbnail

Thanks for tagging 🤗I am so happy to be one of your favourites! 

Btw I have fulfilled this prompt many times over, Shiri 🤣 

Originally posted by: Serpensortia

Yayyy!! Finally this is up! Great initiative by BRs 👏

I would like to read a paranormal romance 😳 

Tagging some of my fav writers :)