maan-ki-sanjana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Wow! Thread 4! We are on a roll!
Thank you all for your lovely comments and for reading this story!😳

ALMOST LOVERS

-------------------------

Summary:

Geet and Maan are married but we can see that the relationship is not what it seems.

Through flashbacks we see that Geet was in a relationship with a man named Rehan, who was also her best friend. However Maan fell in love with her and through means that are still unknown made her marry him.

Rehan had left Geet's life but after a long time they meet again at a party. Through the party we see the three interact and get an understanding of the dynamics of their relationship.

Geet is resentful towards Maan for a betrayal in the past and as such their relationship is still under a cloud of resentment and silence.

--------------------------------

Thread One:

Chapter One: Haunting Past - Pg 1

Chapter Two: Two Different Love Stories - Pg 13

Chapter Three: Mismatch - Pg 29

Chapter Four: Stalked - Pg 42

Chapter Five: The Other Man - Pg 60

Chapter Six: Fatal Attraction - Pg 77

Chapter Seven: Closer to the Prey - Pg 91

Chapter Eight: Anger - Pg 106

Edited by maan-ki-sanjana - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Downhill thumbnail
congrats on new thread
insight555 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
congrats for new thread...
Waiting for update...
impoojaverma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

congrats for new thread dear😃

waiting for update😍

sneha.juneja thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Heya Sanjana..
Congratulations on the new thread..
will wait for the update eagerly.. 
Loquacious_Aash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
moi ish hjere sauts!

muaz...*from far*
Donnaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
congrats on the new thread
waiting 4 d update
maan-ki-sanjana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
ALMOST LOVERS

Chapter Twenty Four

Emotions

I wish I could bury,

Emotions that scare,

Feelings that frighten,

The love that blinds.

I wish that time would cease,

When emotions were revered

Feelings blossomed amongst pain,

When love grew.

-----------------------------

PRESENT:

Sitting across from Rehan in the cafe brought a bitter smile on Geet's face, reminders of the past in her mind. This had been one of their usual spots, a place for a lazy Saturday lunch but today was something more.

They say that our past defines us and for Geet these words were her truth. She thought about the Geet Handa she had been and the one she was today.

Once filled with expectations, today she was burdened with resentment towards the very person who was not only responsible for her state but also the only one with the power to free her from this anger and vengeance. Maan Singh Khurana.

And that need to lighten the fire within her was why she was here.

"How are you?" She asked Rehan, as she stared at him with her penetrating gaze.

Rehan tried to smile at her, the ever present guilt acting as a barrier. "Okay but felt better once you called me. Its been so long since we were here."

Geet felt her face soften at the comment, the bitter memories sweetening with his words. "We did have some good times here. Remember the time we had the brownie eating competition?"

"Oh yeah and we ended up nearly vomiting on the table" Rehan scrunched up his face in equal parts amusement and disgust.

"Those were the days" Geet said with a sigh, bringing back the melancholy.

"I am sorry" Rehan's voice was filled with regret that could never abate. "I wish I could turn back the time and fix things. Trust me"

Trust, she thought with cynicism, the one thing that always fails me. "I'll always trust you as a friend Rehan. We shall always be friends but nothing more"

Rehan looked at her with sadness, "Can we not move past this?"

"Move past what Rehan?" Geet asked with a scornful tone, "Past the fact that you walked away and that I am married?"

At that Rehan gave a humourless laugh, "If it was just you being married it would be fine but you are married to that man! And the worst part is that you are in love with him"

In love with him, she let the words grow in her minds. Love that is destructive, but once was my solace.

----------------------------

PAST:

She felt so angry, at him but more so at herself. Geet Handa was cool and collected, not one to lose herself to such violent emotions.

But the truth was that his words hit her somewhere sensitive. Am I a coward? What if I have been running away from my ownself?

Self-doubt was not an easy thing to deal with for Geet, but she knew that she couldn't let these things fester in her mind. The more she let herself stay in this state of limbo, she would worsen the situation.

That was why she geared herself and went to speak to Maan again at the office, hoping that they could put this sticky mess behind themselves. She didn't know why but it was important for her to fix things with him.

Somehow over time, Maan Singh Khurana had come to mean something to her; a friend and comrade. He was someone who had supported her and she didn't want to make him suffer for being honest with her.

Is that the extent of your feelings for him? An insidious voice within her asked, probing into her emotions. But just as quickly Geet pushed those thoughts away.

I shall never let myself fall for another man, never. She thought with a grimace, Never open myself to this hurt again. It wasn't that she didn't believe in love but understood the fallibility of people, even those who cared. If someone who knew her so well, like Rehan, could betray her what hope was there for other men?

So trying to shake away gloomy thoughts and with apprehension, she walked into Maan's office and with forced calmness asked, "Hi Maan. Could we talk?"

Maan saw the look on Geet's face and feared for the worst What is she doesn't want to talk to me anymore? But he kept a poker face, "Of course. What is it?"

"I am sorry" Geet spoke in a soft voice, "for overreacting that day. So much has happened that I feel like I am in an emotional roller-coaster. But that is no excuse for venting out my anger on you. After all, you have been such a good friend to me, always there to support."

"That is what friends do" Maan finally smiled, pleased that she was no longer angry at him but again the worry about her state came in. "Don't worry about it"

Geet shook her head, "No, I was rude. I hope we can put this behind us"

"It already is" He said but still, concern made him ask, "Are you okay? You seem tired."

"No I am fine" Geet tried to reassure him, "I just don't want anyone to misunderstand you or me. I saw what was on the newspaper, again, about how we are dating. I feel bad that you are being dragged into this"

Maan didn't know why, but at that moment he lost his iron control. Everything within him screamed out to take her in his arms but his heart made him weak and open up to everything, unable to hold back.

Standing up, he walked towards her, "I don't mind. I've never minded being connected to you"

Geet's eyes widened with the words, sensing a deeper meaning than what was being said. But unwilling to face the emotions that his eyes were trying to convey. Trying to diffuse the air of the tension that caused her skin to tighten, she spoke in a negligent tone "You are just too kind and a friend but I am sure it must be irritating"

Maan could have let the comment pass but he didn't want to hide how he felt any longer. The love he felt for her was growing within him to the point it refused to lay down or to be denied, so with intensity that showed the truth behind his words he refuted her comment "No, it isn't because I am kind or because I am your friend. It's because of the way I feel about you"

Geet's eyes widened in disbelief at the comment, unable to stare away from Maan as the words came out but at the same time could feel the sudden rush of blood to her face.

What does he mean?

But she didn't need to ask as Maan continued on, while stepping even closer to her, "I am in love with and I have been since the moment I met you. Can you not see that?"

Geet opened her mouth to say something but couldn't think of anything. She was left speechless by his honest admission.

"Say something!" A frustrated Maan ran a hand through his hair, "I don't expect you to the feel the same way, yet but at least tell me something about the way you feel. I know that you feel the sliver of connection between us. Don't you?"

He reached his hand out, so that the tips of his finger ever so slight brushed her clenched hand and then took it within his hands. A small tremor past between them, the change in the air as they touched.

Geet stared down at the way his hands held hers for a moment before pulling away. She shook her head, trying to clear the turbulent thoughts running within it.

"I have to go" She managed to mumble before she started to walk away.

"Geet!" Maan called out as he stepped forward towards her but Geet was already out, leaving Maan alone to himself.

With a thundering heart and clenched hands, Maan cursed himself for his impatience and lack of finesse.

But he wasn't going to give her up, not without a fight.

--------------------------

PRESENT:

Forcing herself away from memories that haunted her at every turn, Geet replied to Rehan, "Yes I am in love with him. But we both know that love is neither a choice nor is it perfect. Is it Rehan?"

Rehan lowered his eyes with both embarrassment and anger, understanding the barb aimed at him, understanding that he had failed her. But he spoke from the heart, "I want you to happy"

"Happy?" Geet pondered at the word. "What is happiness? Blissful ignorance is more like it."

"Geet, don't let your anger get the better of you" Rehan saw the agitation within Geet, understanding her dissatisfaction. "Either move forward or move away but don't let this anger fester within you. It won't help any of us"

Let the anger go? What am I left with then? Instead she tried to allay his worries, "Don't worry that is what I aim to do, let myself move on."

Rehan just looked at her with scepticism, knowing her well enough to understand that she wasn't the type to easily fold.

"Enough of this out pouring of emotions" Geet tried to lighten the mood, "I came here for a reason."

"And what reason may that be?" Rehan followed Geet's lead, curious to know what she was trying to do.

"Well…" And then Geet spoke to Rehan about what she wanted from him, giving only what he needed to know.

"Are you sure?" Rehan asked with both confusion and satisfaction.

"Never been more" She reached out to touch Rehan's hand, a gesture very familiar, "Bye buddy"

With that Geet Handa walked out of the cafe, making sure that her profile was visible to the hidden photographers around.

Pieces of the puzzle, falling into place, She thought with a smirk as she imagined the headlines for tomorrows news. Wife of Billionaire meets her ex-flame.

Let the flames burn.

------------------------------

-----------------------------------

AUTHOR's NOTE:

WOW! New Thread! 😆

Again, thank you all for your encouragment!

Hope you all enjoyed the update and understand the way Geet is feeling.
She loves Maan but she is unable to accept that love because of the web of deception he built around her.

PLEASE DO COMMENT and press the LIKE button!!

Nothing motivates me as much as reading your comments!😃

-SanjanA

ambili123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
OMG what is she upto now😕