Views

Users

Frequent Posters

maan-ki-sanjana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: uglyduckling_f

😭 u r gonna discontinue this fff..thats sad...it ws one of my favourites!!!!😭

nyway...i ll always be guessing wat wat bad things maan did...nd r they ever gonna be together in real sense ,...

i again should say i love ur poems ...nd spend extra tym understanding the meanings...specially almost lovers...😊

nd ill be hooked with Limitless...till it ends...

i loved all ur works...u r a great writer...😃😃

Thanks hun!😳

Glad you like the poems! I love writing them!

Don't worry...I'll try my best to continue!😃
maan-ki-sanjana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

ALMOST LOVERS

Chapter Thirteen

I would break the world

For a piece of you,

I would shatter myself,

If it meant a moment with you

I would even destroy you,

To covet what is mine

-----------------------------

PRESENT:

Meeting up with her parents would be the brightest and saddest part of her day. Her mother would complain about Geet's working hours, while making her rest for a while in her bedroom. Her father and her would as always discuss business and other interests, with Rano joining in when she was free.

But if clouds had silver linings, then even the beauty of light would have to cede to the darkness. Every moment of happiness would have a touch of sadness.

Seeing her parents reminded her of another time, when life wasn't as complicated and when she was leading life on her own terms. And of course seeing her father weakened was the worst part.

Gearing herself up, Geet picked up her phone to make a call. "Mr Lawrence, are the share prices going down?"

"Not yet." He replied. "But there is development in the Lotus Project. The software is in its final stages but it's under Khurana's top security clearance."

"You don't worry about that, as one of the major shareholders I can get access." Geet said thoughtfully. "I need you to start on those shares. If they are going into such a big project, they will need new investors and that's where we will need to come in."

"But ma'am it's a large amount." Mr Lawrence asked confused.

"Don't worry about that." Geet reassured. "I'll manage the funds, you need to do the work."

"Of course but Mrs Khurana are you sure about this?" He asked in concern, after all he had been a retainer for Handa Constructions for a long time. "This is a drastic step and maybe we should reconsider this."

"Mr Lawrence, the wheels are set in action." She replied calmly. There is no going back.

----------------------

PAST:

The brush of the cotton against her skin and the smell of his scent so close to her, it was all too intimate. Geet tried not to get carried away by this false feelings. After making sure that all the buttons were done, she tentatively poked her head out of the room to look out for Maan.

And there he was standing in the hallway, wearing only his vest. Again Geet was confronted with the unerring sense of intimacy.

Something is not right, her conscience told her. She could feel the hairs on the back of her arm rising in anticipation of some tumultuous event.

"Maan." Geet hesitatingly called out.

He turned around and was mesmerised by her. She looked so pure and beautiful in the white shirt, somehow the masculine get up only enhanced her feminine side. Seeing her wear his shirt only heightened his possessiveness, the feeling that only she would only share such with him.

Geet could feel herself blush as she stood in front of Maan wearing his shirt.

There was no way to escape the burning look in his eyes. At that moment everything else ceased to exist, just them in the hallway. A moment that made the past, present and even future meaningless.

With slow and determined steps Maan walked towards her until they were scant inches away. Geet's eyes widened at their proximity and she took a small step back, trying to widen the gap. But Maan only went closer.

His hand reached across, just about to touch her when suddenly chaos broke out. Before Geet could blink there were flashes and people started to yell out. It took a moment for her to realise that there were reporters everywhere.

"Ms Handa what are you doing with Mr Khurana at this time of the night?" One reporter asked but his tone clearly stated what he thought.

Another reporter was not as friendly. "How long has this affair been going on for? We heard that you were in a long term relationship, so have you broken that relationship yet?"

Geet didn't even know what to say, for the first time she was speechless. Never before had she faced such a situation.

However she didn't have to do anything as Maan quickly led her away from the reporters and back to the car.

Geet was still shaken as she sat next to Maan in the car. Confusion and concern had her frozen, with her mind trying to analyse what had happened.

"I don't understand what just happened." Geet asked more to herself than to Maan but still he answered her.

"There was a political meeting happening in the hotel, so they must have seen us coming in or someone in the hotel must have told them that we were there." Maan explained. "Don't let it get to you, these things happen."

Geet couldn't reply, she just wanted to block all thoughts of what had happened. She knew that the repercussions were going to be great.

Maan took a glimpse at her and felt another pang of guilt. I am sorry for doing this Geet but I'll do anything to win you over. One day I'll make it up to you.

---------------------------

PRESENT:

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?" Maan screamed as he sat with Geet in their lounge room. In his hands there was a newspaper with the headings, "Geet Khurana's mysterious past." There was also a picture of Geet and Rehan dancing at the party.

Geet didn't know what to feel. Conflicting feelings of embarrassment, anger and vindictive pleasure rose within her. It rankled her to be in the media again, to have her dignity and integrity questioned. Can I not find peace from these vultures.

Yet a sense of satisfaction rose as she saw the anger in Maan's face. The irony of the situation was not lost on her. The same media who had aided Maan Singh Khurana was today publically humiliating him.

"Don't let it get to you, these things happen." Geet said in a sarcastic tone, using his own words against him. "After all my reputation has withstood many things in the past. So another on the list hardly matters."

"Don't let the past get into this Geet." He gritted out. "Don't let your resentment cloud your judgement. Certain things cannot be taken back once done."

"Hmmm…..you are right." Geet nodded in mock solemnity. "After all with Khurana Enterprise's board meeting coming up, we wouldn't want our reputation in tatters."

"It's not about the business! I don't want anyone to point fingers at you!" He growled out while slamming everything off the table. It killed him to see his wife on the paper like that.

Geet only smirked. "You mean you don't want anyone to point fingers, unless you point the direction."

Her words made Maan livid. He wished he could make her see how much he loved her and that his anger was not about him but about the fact that she was being put down for no reason. But he knew that it was futile to argue with her about this.

He walked towards her, trying to calm himself down. "Look Geet, you and I both know that you will never go with Rehan. So what the article has written doesn't matter to me but the idea that there is news like this about you makes me angry. Whether you accept it or not, I love you. In that love, you will do anything to make sure that person stays close to you and that everyone knows that there is no one else."

For a moment his words stood between them, both immobile. Maan waited for her response, hoping against reason that maybe today she would understand his words.

But Geet could only say, "It's time to go to the meeting."

--------------------------------

PAST:

Geet had her head down in shame as she stood in front of her parents. She didn't know how to explain what had happened because in reality she had done no wrong. Yet she felt guilt in putting her parents in such a situation.

Every leading newspaper had pictures of Maan and her. An innocuous situation had become flammable, with every article making implications about their alleged relationship.

However the worst part was the allegations on her character. While Maan was able to get away free of these accusations, being a billionaire man, Geet as a daughter of a respected family had to face the fingers of society.

The heading of one of the articles summed up the situation; Geet Handa and her scandalous liaison. The article went on to talk about how this generation of socialites were flaunting their sexuality with no concern about morality, yet it was only attacking Geet.

"I am sorry." Geet whispered to her parents. "I don't know how this happened."

"Did….do you like Maan?" Geet's father asked cautiously. "Did anything happen between you two."

"NO!" Geet quickly refuted the claim. "You know I love Rehan and I would never do anything like that."

"We believe you darling." Rano quickly reassured Geet.

But the main battle had began, Mohinder knew. Facing massive problems, this issue could be the fire in the fuel for Handa Constructions.

----------------------------------------

AUTHOR's NOTE:

I love you all!

I was so down...but then I thought I should update while I can.

I am not going to say much except thanks for giving such support for this story.

As I said, I'll try my utmost to continue this story. But please don't get upset if I don't update. I can't explain how difficult it was to write this part as I was so upset. I am not this emotional, so hopefully I'll be able to move on.

PLEASE DO COMMENT and press the LIKE button!!

Nothing motivates me as much as reading your comments!😃

-SanjanA

Loquacious_Aash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
muahhh thanks for updating jaanuu😭😭

hmm...so geet IS trying to do some back stabbing to maan!

lets hope she doesnt falter at the last moment

i was between patiests..and look what i got for my treat😳

now back to work for me

love u darlingg😳
Edited by aashluvsmaan - 12 years ago
abinash079 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
awesome update
i know what maan did in the past was not god what what geet is doing is also not correct
she is playing with the trust maan has for her and wanting to bring his company's share price down
this is really not acceptable
zaara2212 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
thanks for the update Sanju😊
but pls do not abandon your lovely writings...
harshdb thumbnail

awesome part. thanks for the pm. pls continue soon.

ninand thumbnail
haww.. that was such a low blow ! a despicable act..  and what a completely self-serving justification by Maan !

I somehow do not feel like right now he deserves anything other than her coldness and contempt, however much he may profess to love her.

feel sad for her for having to live though such manipulations. 
Do continue soon .
rsroopali thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Dilsay thumbnail
lovely update dear ...
u r such an awesome writer please don't ever think of leaving Maneet's FF..
We all r going through the same phase of missing Maneet 😭 but we have to keep Maneet alive in our hearts and this  is the best way to do it ...Maneet's FF is the best way to keep them alive in our herats ...

Please don't stop writing ur such a brilliant writer ...
will keep waiting for updates ...
lots of🤗🤗
mechantefille thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
You are making it hard for me to love Maan - how can I love him, when he's been upto such devious antics. Bring me Seb - I miss Seb!!
 But I totally get Geet's situation . It all boils down to the fact that a human in possession of a uterus cannot go alone with a guy - and no matter what the situation - she's the one getting all the blame - grrr I hate the world sometimes!!