Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Madhuri53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Still status is the same...when you are going to update dear...
Just now you are replying to readers comments...
Please update fast na...
maan-ki-sanjana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: punam2712

PART 22

HER GIFT WAS TO TREASURE FOR A LIFETIME AND HE HAS DONE IT

ALL THE LITTLE THINGS ABOUT HIM MADE HER REALIZE THAT HE MAY BE A BIG MAN, BUT STILL THERE WAS SOMETHING VULNERABLE OUT HIM
HE WAS IN THE END A FOUR OLD BOY WHO LOST HIS PARENTS AND THE HURT AND PAIN IS STILL THERE
SHE WAS HAPPY AT THE WEDDING, THEN WHAT HAPPENED TO CHANGE HER INTO SUCH A COLD CALCULATING WOMAN WHO WANTS TO SEE HER HUSBANDS DOWNFALL

Thanks Punam!😳

Yes...he has a soft core that wants her love...
Well...there are reasons...will be revealed😉

Originally posted by: Madhuri53

Still status is the same...when you are going to update dear...

Just now you are replying to readers comments...
Please update fast na...

Will hopefully be updating within an hour😃
Madhuri53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: maan-ki-sanjana

Will hopefully be updating within an hour😃

Ok dear...
But sad is that I am leaving the office and now log in tomorrow only...
I will read tomorrow only...

P.S. Actually daily I long on from moring 9.15 am IST to 4.30 p, IST...working bet the reading updates...ha...ha...ha😆

Originally posted by: Madhuri53

Ok dear...
But sad is that I am leaving the office and now log in tomorrow only...
I will read tomorrow only...

P.S. Actually daily I long on from moring 9.15 am IST to 4.30 p, IST...working bet the reading updates...ha...ha...ha😆

Awww...well thats okay😃
LOL well I am writing instead of working😆

ALMOST LOVERS

Chapter Twenty Three

Never Alone

Don't ever feel alone,

For my heart is always there,

To beat for you,

Even amidst the silence or thunder.

Don't ever feel alone,

My soul entwined with yours,

Will forever belong to you,

Even amidst the loneliness or the crowd.

------------------------------

Past:

Khurana Mansion was perfection; elegance mingled with a hint of modernism and the beauty etched in every corner. It was grand yet had an aura of calmness and warmth.

It somehow fit in with the image she had of Maan, he would never settle for anything less than perfect.

She was standing in the foyer waiting for Maan to come down to meet her and was staring at a Monet that hung the wall. The soft colours were stunning in their mute beauty and the detail was brilliant, causing Geet to stare in wonder. It had been awhile since she had seen such a masterpiece up close.

"It does catch the eye" a feminine voice broke through her preoccupation with the painting. Turning to face the woman, she was surprised to see an elegant but beautiful lady with a timeless face.

"Hello, I am Geet Handa" Geet smiled easily, reaching out to shake her hand. "You must be Savitri Ji."

"It's lovely to meet you" Savitri smiled at the beautiful young woman, impressed with her confidence and natural grace. Even though her grandson didn't say much, Savitri had ears and eyes to realise that this girl was special. "Thank you for coming to visit"

"Oh it's my pleasure" Geet smiled and then wished Savitri, "Happy birthday! Here is something for you" Handing over her present to Savitri who graciously accepted it.

"Why don't you come and sit in the drawing room" Savitri led Geet there.

As with other parts of the house, the drawing room was elegant but what caught Geet's eyes was a portrait hanging above the fireplace mantle. It was of a striking couple, both young and beautiful. There was obvious love in their eyes and the way they held each other's hands, making the portrait even more striking.

"That is my son and daughter in law" Savitri said with a sigh and a sad smile, "Maan's parents that is. They died at a very young age, in fact this portrait was done only 2 years before their death."

"I am so sorry" And Geet did truly mean it. She had known that Maan had lost his parents but hadn't realised that they were this young.

"We must accept the cards we are dealt with" Savitri replied but looked at Geet before continuing, "still it hurts me more to recall the young boy who lost his parents. He was only 4 years old, still a baby"

Geet felt her heart swell with sadness at the image she had of the boy without his parents. She could not have pictured Maan vulnerable but that moment she understood that everyone had there weak moments and hidden pain, But he hides it all the time. That is strength.

Trying to lighten the mood, Geet smiled at the lady and said, "Well he had you to help him."

A bittersweet smile crossed Savitri's face at Geet's comment. Well'.I was late in looking after him, my own grief took hold but what she said was, "I guess so but he was also there for me"

Savitri gave another assessing look at Geet, the first girl who his son had brought home. Oh Savitri was no fool, she knew that Maan had been with many women but none that truly mattered and none that he was willing to show a part of his world. So that made Geet different and Savitri wanted to know more about this girl who managed to bridge this obstacle.

So it made her say her next words, "Well, I want to say thanks to you as well for being such a good friend to Maan. He really values you"

Geet was startled with the comment. Even though it was relatively innocuous, she could see there was more to it than the superficial meaning.

What does she mean that he values me? Does he think of me in any special way?

With these questions twirling around her head, Geet managed to respond by saying calmly, "Thanks but Maan has been a great friend to me." She wanted to say more, that Maan and her were just good friends, but it was too awkward to do so.

Luckily for her, Savitri changed to topic and the two women were again chatting comfortably and that is how Maan found them.

"Hi Geet" Maan called out as he was walked into the room. He had wanted to beat his grandmother in meeting Geet but as usual she was two steps ahead of him.  Dadima will never change!

"Hi Maan" Geet grinned uneasily at Maan, "I just came over to wish Savitri Ji but I better leave soon" Get away before something embarrassing happens. For some reason Savitri Devi's comment had made her uncomfortable. There was an unease within her, an idea brewing that refused to be smothered.

Savtri Devi watched the pair with raised eyebrows and a hidden smile. Her grandson was an introvert but it was evident with the small nuances on his face that he cared. Oh Maan, how the great fall! Even you cannot escape the pull of the inevitable.

But Geet's emotions on the other hand were difficult to read. Savitri saw that there was a guarded look on her face, as if she was unwilling to show anything. I hope she feels the same way about Maan, Savitri thought fondly.

Blissfully unaware of his Dadi's thoughts, Maan frowned at Geet's desire to leave, noticing the way her eyes glanced off him, "Fine I'll walk you out"

----------------------------------------------

Geet could feel the intensity of his stare as she walked towards her car. They bore into her, making her even more self-conscious despite her best intentions.

And Geet Handa was not the type to be so flustered.

"Are you okay?" Maan asked outright, not wanting to let the silence fester amongst them. He had worked hard to earn her trust and didn't want to lose it. She means too much.

Geet just turned to give him an assessing look before spilling out the words, "Maybe it's best if we have a bit more distance" Seeing the harsh look on Maan's face Geet continued on, "People seem to be misunderstanding us. They assume that we are dating or that we are in love"

I am in love with you! Maan wanted to scream as he felt the anger and frustration build within him again.

"You are a coward" Maan bit out the words, wanting her to accept the emotions that connected them two. He wasn't stupid to not realise that Geet felt something for him; it might not have been love but it was building. And he wasn't going to let her back out now. "I thought you were braver than this but it seems you aren't"

Geet eyes widened as his words hit her, How dare he! "Coward? You are actually calling me a coward?"

"Yes" Maan stared her down, both going toe to toe. "Why are you so concerned about other people?"

"I am a coward because I don't want people to misunderstand us?" Geet growled out him, "I don't care about other people but I do care about the people in my life. Just because I am honest and upfront about my life doesn't make me a coward." With that she clenched her hands and walked away from, trying to will the anger away.

But she couldn't miss the last words he spoke out, "Maybe that is the problem, you aren't being honest about yourself and your feelings"

Geet froze for a second but didn't turn around, not wanting to listen to anything else he might have to say. Sometimes it was too easy to lie to oneself.

----------------------------------------

Present:

The truth, Geet thought with cynicism, can be hidden or bent but in the end it cannot be withheld. We can delude ourselves only to a point before we prostate before what is the honest fact.

Geet Handa could lie to herself to only a certain point before she conceded to the core truths that made up her motives and agendas.

The truth is that I love him and probably will continue to do so till I die, that was one fact that she had tried without success to avoid but she knew it was futile. This love that is blinding in its intensity. She felt the familiar clutch on her heart as she pictured her husband, the pull towards him that forever lingered.

But the greater truth is that this love is tainted by my unquenchable desire for revenge. A revenge that will be more painful for me than it could be for him, she sighed as she let her guard down for a second, as she drove her care towards her destination,  for I'll end up selling my soul and I don't even know how this will play out.

Yet I cannot stop myself because one way or the other I have to stop this limbo we are in. Either we move on or burn together, she felt the familiar burn of tears in her eyes, I can no longer bare this love that exists without trust, that creates so much pain.

And it was that desire for revenge that made her walk out of the car towards to the cafe.

Walking inside, she looked around until she met the person she was looking for and then a bittersweet smile broke out across her face.

"Hi Rehan" She held out her hand as she faced the person she had been seeking.

-----------------------------------

AUTHOR's NOTE:

Thank you all!
Loved all the comments!😳

So...as you can things are speeding up.

In the past, Geet is feeling vulnerable and too hurt to accept her feelings for Maan. But he won't let her go.

In the present, Geet is setting her plan into action, bothing wanting to back out yet she is compelled by her inner desire to push forward.

And guys finish off this thread! 😆

PLEASE DO COMMENT and press the LIKE button!!

Nothing motivates me as much as reading your comments!😃

-SanjanA

Edited by maan-ki-sanjana - 12 years ago
harshithaaaaaaa thumbnail
.yippeee me 1st

nice part...
Tyro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
nice...

continue soon...
RaDMG25 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
awww awesome update both are too caugght up in their past i want geet to let go though and accept his love
---nishu--- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
that's really short
can't fair dear

we wait really long