RiAnsh Drabble: Monsoon Love

Eternalallure thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 years ago

Just because it's the monsoon season, and I wanted to write something on it. Don't know what to call it, as it seems too long to be drabble, and too short to be a full-fledged OS. Anyway, leave your thoughts, please😳

RiAnsh Drabble | Monsoon Love

Vansh Raisinghania hated rains.

For someone who lived in a city that was as famous for its rains, as it was for housing a film industry that made millions off of romanticizing them, he hated the monsoons with a passion rarely any person displayed for a harmless season.

He had hated the rains for as long as he could remember. He had hated it as a kid when his small, cramped one bedroom house in a Mumbai chawl would get flooded due to heavy rains, and he would have to spend hours with his widowed mother, trying to throw the dirty water out in a bid to save the measly possessions his family owned. He had hated rains when the leaking roof of his house would force him and his little sister to huddle against each other in one corner of the house, while waiting for their mother to come home and cook them food after a hard day of grueling labour. And, he had hated it with a loathing unimaginable for a boy of 15 years, when one rainy day his mother didn’t come back home at all after work, leaving him and his sister-orphaned, and alone-to fend for themselves.

As an adult who finally left behind all the trials, and sufferings that came from living in such penurious conditions, he hated this season for the inconvenience it caused. He hated the water-logged roads and streets, and the miles-long traffic. He hated the ruined schedules, the unpredictable delays, and the unforeseen leaves of his employees. He hated the vagaries of this weather, the might of the Mumbai sea during fierce rains, that scared him, and reminded him of the loss of his mother, and the feeling of loneliness that struck deep during this season.

Suffice to say- Vansh Raisinghania absolutely detested rains.

Until, he met her.

It was during one of these rainy days when Vansh’s driver had driven his car over a puddle, splashing the dirty water onto a girl standing on the side of the road by a corn vendor. That girl- in an uncharacteristic bout of rage- had screamed in a highly colourful language, about the insensitivity of some pretentious car-owners towards the remaining public, and then lobbed her half-eaten bhutta at his driver’s head, whilst continuing to mutter under her breath about her day going from bad to worse. And, Vansh- in a display of chivalry that shocked him the most- had apologized profusely for his driver’s inadvertent mistake, and had offered to drive her to a nearby café for some warmth and dryness. While that girl had been using the washroom, he had ordered some warm coffee and two pieces of soft, gooey chocolate cake as a further offering of apology. When she had emerged from the washroom-cleaned up, and calmed down-she had been contrite for her violent behavior towards his driver, and had assured him that she was not always such a hot-head. Vansh- in an even bizarre turn of events- had laughed and waved away her apology, invited her for some coffee and cake, and had asked about her name and the reason for her bad temper. She had told him her name was Riddhima, and that she had just been fired from her job as a waitress by her manager because she was late to it due to heavy rains.  And while, after some careful prodding, and cajoling, she had opened up about her job woes, and her financial troubles- Vansh had gazed upon her big, doe-eyes the colour of molten chocolate, the silky curtain of her black tresses flowing down to her waist, and the pink, pouty lips just begging to be kissed- and had taken a giant leap of faith, given her his phone number, and offered to help her out with her job search.

Vansh would never understand what had prompted an absolute stranger to take him up on his offer, and exchange her number with him. Or how a completely innocuous meet-up regarding a job opening in his friend’s company, had transformed into another harmless coffee-date at the same café. Or how that first coffee date had led to more such dates, and more such easy, effortless conversations, and more such car-rides in the rain.

But, that was a year ago.

And now, sitting in the backseat of his car- with the pitter- patter of the gently falling rain providing a perfect accompanying melody to the soulful voices of Kishore Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar playing from the car stereo, Riddhima crooning along with them while snuggling against him, and eating her masala bhutta- Vansh came to the startling realization that monsoons weren’t so bad after all.

And, how much he loved rains.

Comments, please?❤️

Edited by Eternalallure - 2 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rubellite thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

..and that's how he fell in love with Monsoons!

Understandable why Vansh hates rain. After all, these water droplets falling from the sky had kept on causing troubles in his bitter past. 

It begun with Bhutta and ended with Bhutta❤️ 

Absolutely loved this piece, Arni!smiley42

KrishnaSourav thumbnail

Such a beautiful piece of writing Arnima 

loved it

Rain can give us so many emotions ....

do write more Arnima ❤️

Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail

Awesome one shot loved it so much.

Blueberry94 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Beautiful.arnima how I wished a riansh rain romance scene khair isise imagine karlungi

Priya12000 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

This is so beautiful 

Rain evokes many emotions within us...It is one actually,

It calms us through the splashes

Its nice to cry, its nice to smile and its nice to dance under the rain 

For some, Its warmth, For some, its happiness For some, its pain and For some, its a cure that washes away the pain

Amazingly written..👏 Well done

Sgayuiyer thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

It's soooooo beautiful arnima ❤️❤️❤️

A cute story with rain amazing concept one has at least found a love by this rain. Actually some say that most of them find their love due to rains 🤪

Innocentlove96 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Marvelous one shot 💞💞

Rain, the monsoon draws varities of emotions from every individual.

For Vansh Rai Singhania it was a curse as it brought only pain for him with its every drop or splashes. But not for long, it finally brought the life, the peace, his Riddhima in his life which he badly wanted. Rain finally gave me his share of happiness in name of his Riddhima.

Akkusharma77 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Ohh it is such a lovely update 😍😍

Beautifully written 

Phenomenal and Incredible update ❤❤

even_odds thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Okay..... *taking deep breaths because I am overwhelmed*

Right. I don't need to start by saying that this was yet another awesome piece. I don't have anything else to say because it was so overwhelmingly beautiful that I don't know what to say. 

But, I'll say this. Vansh and Riddhima starting as a normal couple is something my eyes were dying to witness. And you did just that. ❤️

I won't say I hate rains. But I don't like it either. It depends. If I'm out and it rains, I hate it. If I'm home or under any roof, I'm fine with it. After reading this, like Vansh, I think perhaps rains are not that bad after all.  😆