indi's index, from the blast from the past pages - Page 18

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

^^^

thank you, rhea... the joy of hotstar clarity is fully experienced only when you pause when you hear the click in you and make a cap, then run and make an edit... some edit, any edit. and as i watch these episodes i feel one has to write an essay on a girl and her first love or rather khushi and her very first time of falling in love. on this watch, there was so much sanaya expressed in this phase...fantastic stuff.

of course, baru  just keeps getting better. i want that jadoo tona man in black.

Just a thought, about those scenes where khushi is imagining herself with the two men. In a way, she had sensed or sussed shyam out, hadn't she. All those glib words of praise. Don't know which episode or whether its the same one, where shyam is shown with anjali and again using his sugar coated words with her. Khushi didn't realize or have the experience to know  that it could translate to something evil.
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
^^^

kizh,

yeah possibly khushi sensed something was not kosher about shyam ji. but most interestingly, this seemingly perfect young man, the sort aunts and mothers would want for a son in law... she didn't find him attractive at all. he didn't touch or arouse the woman in her one bit.

but one look at the devilish arrogant brute who was an atheist to boot and she couldn't think straight.
indi52 thumbnail
thoughts on episode 111

perhaps he'd never felt his head, his dimaag, shut down so... clearly there was no thought, no limit set by the rational, the thinking. the pool undulated, the night stood silently by, a man and a woman walked, one forward, one back and desire stalked seizing the moment, giving birth to what...

"at first there was only darkness wrapped in darkness.
all this was only unillumined water.
that one which came to be, enclosed in nothing,
arose at last, born of the power of heat

in the beginning desire descended on it -
that was the primal seed, born of the mind."

~~~ nasadiya sukta, rig veda ~~~

no words were exchanged, there was hardly any movement... yet an explosion of emotions and tectonic shift of plates within, a man walked away, then turned and started walking back toward his target... she moved... a balletic graceful smooth concentrated walk of two people, a losing of focus in the eyes, hand clutching red, hint of glisten on lips, eyes... breath.

such a simple design. holding so much in it.

have i ever seen a man look at a woman with that look in his eyes. and what does that apprehensiveness, that wait on her face say.

episode 111, i got hooked on ipk over that look and the walk of theirs. that night after seeing the telecast, i picked up my phone and went to youtube, i was there till 3.45am. jadoo hai nasha hai... madhonshiyan.

so many feelings, such breaching of barriers set by self and society... someone had to pay. everyone had to pay.

Edited by indi52 - 8 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
episode 111

like a painting often when the two were together in a frame. a layer you can't quite clearly touch, yet you know it's there in their moments together. i have seen many "kissing" scenes, where lips actually touch, a lot of what we think is sensual happens. and as a kid growing up in an environment where no kissing scenes were allowed in movies, the whole thing was naturally always intriguing, something i just had to see. deprivation in early childhood may be the reason ha ha, but i watch shots onscreen which involve physical stuff without flinching, with keen concentration and maybe that's why i know exactly how i feel when i see them. in the beginning, they were most interesting but soon enough they just started looking pretty everyday and ordinary to me. in fact, most times, it started feeling boring or just trying too hard to get the audience gasping.

i have never ever felt what i feel looking at these two. i first remember going huh when i felt i think my upper arm going kind of hot. what? i thought. what was that? soon enough of course all thought departed.

all they are doing is looking at each other, or stepping forward/backward, or coming closer... they don't even kiss... and i am getting lost, completely...

the sensuality of it all changing my breathing pattern. when his hand touched her face, i actually almost passed out. the look in her eyes.

gah, what was this, if not jadoo, if not the best and the most beautiful kind of nasha. their was not a streak of darkness in it, it was lit and clean and funnily elevating.

Edited by indi52 - 8 years ago
anabrissa thumbnail

episode 27

"khushi"

"then love knew it was called love.
and when i lifted my eyes to your name,
suddenly your heart showed me my way."
~~~ pablo neruda ~~~

El amor supo entonces que se llamaba amor.
Y cuando levant mis ojos a tu nombre
tu corazn de pronto dispuso mi camino.

(Neruda one of my favourite poets)

"khushi"
the first time ever he called out her name. in panic, scared, uncanny feeling of disaster creeping in. almost a prayer. and she opened her eyes. 27 became magical at that very moment amid all the rain, thunder, lightning, and collapsing scaffolding. he had quickly connected the dots and realised she was most probably stranded in the dilapidated building. in seconds he was in his suv, angry with sinha, rushing to find her, eyes gripped by worry, maybe a trace of guilt too. felt like the longest drive possibly, he screeched to a halt at the guesthouse, almost crashing into the building. he looked at the structure and his feet spoke before his mind did.

he ran.

inside only darkness and clutter, but no sign of life. when he picked up the bag and saw her phone, he knew she was around and alone. fear seized his senses. his eyes stilled, then lit up imagining perhaps the worst.

her name came surging out of him. a desperate call.
then once more, decibel ascending. what had started the week before, that blinding awareness which wouldn't leave him alone, making him angry, mad at her, that seemed to add on an unnamed emotion. the man who had hollered "miss gupta!" that same morning, just let go of his inhibitions and called out to her, it seemed to me, from somewhere deep deep inside.

khushi... khsuhi. and a new journey began.

he found his way to her finally. when he forced open the door and looked at her huddled in a corner in the dark, he was beside himself with relief and tension, both filling him at once. a man of quick decisions and action, he knew there wasn't much time to lose, he went up to her and looked at her, then bent down catching hold of her hand, intent on taking her away to safety.

tear stained, mind fuzzy with all the terrible feelings of the day, first his screaming and harshly sending her away, then the horror of being trapped in a crumbling building, crying out for help while no one listened, she was beyond resistance or thought. or so it seemed.

he pulled her up in one urgent motion, she stood up as her loosened plait gave way and her hair opened. as he looked at her, her hair flew wild like the elements outside, framing her beautiful face, now storm tossed. (Sanaya was breathtaking here,❤️ she looks so wildly beautiful here as if reflecting the stormy weather)a feeling of great force entered and permeated the scene. words from a very old song floated into my mind... kuch na kaho, kuch bhi na kaho... samay ka ye pal thamsa gaya hai... aur is pal mein koi nahin hai... bas ek main hoon... bas ek tum ho. yes it did seem like that. there was him and her, and nothing else in the whole wide universe. not even time.
(that scene, this suspesion of time made me think of one of my favourite French poems by Lamartine :

Suspend your trek O Time! Suspend your flight
O favoring hours, and stay!
Let us pause, savoring the quick delight
That fills the dearest day.

he felt it. i wonder if she did. or maybe there was too much passion of another kind in her at the moment for this to register.

we cross infinity with every step
we meet eternity in every second
~~~ rabindranath tagore ~~~

they hurtled out of the room. and as he went ahead, she suddenly stopped. he knew something was coming. he tried to gather his composure, tell her he had no idea... but she was in no mood to listen.

at last. after all that. everytjhing that had transpired between them from the day they met. all his insults, his cruel behavioiur, his inexplicable insults, his everything.

at last it all got to her.

and a rage more fierce than the elements outside broke. 👏khushi let arnav singh raizada have it. no mr arnav singh raizada, you listen to me. she rode into him, lacerating in her fury, how dare he, how dare he do this to her. not just a minor this or a little that, your whole life is based on a wrong foundation.

magnificent gussa. asr had met his match it seemed.👍🏼

(exactly my thought magnificent gussa indeed, and what I loved more is that we see the woman in her here, cos that rage and strength is so much of a woman with big W, Sanaya was absolutely, absolutely brilliant, have to say was proud of khushi go go girl)

she pushed him when he tried to hold her, she shoved him with all her might. her anger poured its lethal torrent, wanting to do permanent damage. 👏in the end, he knew he had to act, if not anything, to stop her tirade, calm her down. and yes, his temper wasn't exactly languishing silently, it was rising at every word, every push from her. he caught hold of her arms and held her, determined to have his way. without words if necessary.

"never be afraid of the moments - thus sings the voice of the everlasting."
~~~ rabindranath tagore ~~~

starting last week, it has been about moments. that have more in them than words or script can describe. everything is getting more murmurous with flutters of unknown unspoken feelings, instincts, senses. the sixth sense is at work and more compelling than the other five. the subtext is rich, richer.

today, three such moments. her name on his lips; the two of them caught in a space beyond time; the kindling of something in her expressed in wild anger.

when he saw her in her saree, then saved her and held her in the rain, something in him changed. he resisted, in his typical way. with gussa. but knowing she was in imminent danger, and he had put her there even if without realising, something in him shattered more. and felt more. the winds knew it. maybe even she did. let's see what happens tomorrow.

I hope you don't mind me posting this here but I culdn't resist the temptation was too strong😆

Loved the ones in purple, in blue sharing some thoughts. Our demzel in distress turned out to be quite a tigress didn't she.😉

be back with some thought on epi 28.❤️

indi52 thumbnail
^^^

hi anabrissa,

that french poem lovely. must look it up.

i am so happy to see you are having fun with my rambles... please do drop in.

couldn't agree more about the woman with a capital w when she showed her unbridled gussa in the guest house... yeah, abs adult woman there. and gorgeous.
do drop in whenever you like... and enjoy the pyaar and nafrat.

indi52 thumbnail
about kkg...

(part of a chat on the forum)

she was lovely. i resisted watching ipk for months because i did not, could not believe a hindi serial could have anything of real excitement in it... i was not being a snob, till then no serial of these days had really appealed even those with decent stories.

i used to lie on my bed with my back to the tv while things carried on giving me a sense of india... i needed that after many years away...  

also i was resisting barun.

as hard as i could.

huh some silly boy, so what i get that funny feeling every time i see him... something about him says my mind... but really he's just a useless serial hero... who does he think he is... as you can tell maine bahut koshish ki... hehehe.

i remember one afternoon i turned around and there on the screen was this crazy looking girl with tight choti, tight weird pompom infested churidar, bizarre colours, and mojri and jhola, talking 3456734 to the dozen, and i said uff another ridiculous serial heroine, how crazy looking is she, what's with the costume...

but i kept watching.

she was such a delight.

naturally truly strange. a real girl, with all sorts of thoughts and things, and a different turn of phrase, view of life.

in fact, in 80, just before the hot arm twisting, her speech on marriage... never have i ever heard such a beautiful defence of marriage, such a real heartfelt understanding... sanaya took her dialogues and made them real feelings of a young girl with innocence, strength, genuine cookiness, lots of guts and plenty happy jhalli. a character who became a person with her.

the loss of this girl hurts. yes the make up is heavier... an accent on prettifying... such a reducing of a genuinely funky person, her light lipstick, her tiny jhumkas matching, her teda choti, her khushi from within, as pagal par cute as her aankhen her baal, her (imagine break in voice) smile. above all, her mind and its crazy connections, its gentle sweet faith in life, its light flowing touch that healed, its refusal to take it lying down, so ingrained that when it showed it felt normal, not like some writers had written her character. (the other day, my husband noticed a scene from another serial by chance while i surfed, he said, oh they are trying to make her do a khushi... this is a man who did not watch ipk... just a few early episodes and yes the august 1 fight.)

post the decision to marry again, the look went even more strange. her dialogues became duller, she had true sanka, not shrill voiced ott, who forgot that.

but we shall always have the khushi we love right up to the wedding... dm is much thanked for that.
indi52 thumbnail
wrote this for if's fourth anniversary main post.

Sixth of June. Once upon a time this was an ordinary date. Another day in the calendar. Sometimes you didn't even notice it passing by. Then an elderly lady came bustling out at Gomti Sadan and bellowed, "Hai re, Nandkissore!", a lissome young girl ran out of her home wearing a lovely green and pink lehenga with white sneakers, a pearl dori on her fine straight back, and the sound of helicopter could be heard up there in the wide blue Lucknow sky.

Suddenly, just like that, sixth of June stopped being an ordinary date.

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? had landed in our lives.

"Arnav Singh Raizada ka nishana kabhi nahin choogta!" Tell me you didn't hear that line in your head just now; a husky voice, slightly brutal. Or maybe you felt the whisper of a young innocent sound, "woh kya hai ki, aaj school mein drama competition (pronounced: kumpetishun) hai na issliye hum ghar se hi taiyaar hoke jaa rahe hain... rajkumari ki tarah..."

Rajkumari... princess. How prettily she sat on her scooter. But like the boy looking at her inquisitively did we wonder, so where is her rajkumar, the prince?

Or maybe even before we could think that, she had looked up thanks to that particular vibe, some call it mehsoos, that was only theirs? The girl on the ground, Khushi Kumari Gupta and the man flying in, Arnav Singh Raizada.

By the end of that first day's episode the two had met. And it was instantly clear that nothing would be the same again.

And delightfully, utterly, unbelievably, nothing ever was.

Welcome to the 4th Anniversary celebrations of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? There never has been a show like this and chances and DM clearly suggest, there never again will be.

Have we ever seen pyaar like this before? Or for that matter, nafrat? Has a jodi ever had such chemistry? Or that sexy scintillating touch of intelligent comedy? Beautiful relationships and familial ties, pet goat, the creepiest villain on the face of the earth, OP, HP, JP, Hello Hi Bye Bye, gust of wind, jalebi, stars, Hamesha, Vishwas, Rabba Ve, even SUV and MU... there was no end to the extraordinariness of this show.

It pulled us in, it kept us in a state of excitement and joy, weekends became things not to look forward to. Because IPKKND aired only weekdays. All around the world, we were glued to the TV and then frenziedly hitting replay on Youtube. Ah, those days...

Then one fine day, just a year and a half later, at 398 episodes, Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? ended. We were sad, we were upset, we felt lost and bereft... for IPKKND was far more than just a soap, it was a dear and cherished part of our lives... how would we survive without the Sanka and the Gussa and the Shut up, Khushi! and the Aap Shut up.

Yet we did. And happily too. Because the show may have ended, but our love is for Hamesha.

Around the world again ASR and Khushi beguile and mesmerise... in Russia, in Egypt, in Syria, in Turkey, and in many parts of India... in dubbed versions, in subtitled versions...

and in our dil and dimaag, samjhi tum!

We'd like to thank everyone who made Iss opYaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? the most fabulous show on earth: Gul Khan, Nissar Parvez, Maan Singh, 4Lions Productions, Star Plus, Lalit Mohan, Arshad Khan, Ved Raj,  Sudhir Kumar, Gautam Hegde, Janaki V, Hitesh Kewaliya, The Team of Writers, Raju Singh, Hrishikesh Gandhi, The Creative Directors, Editors, and the Entire Unit, Jayashree T, Daljeet Bhanot, Abhaas Mehta, Akshay Dogra, Deepali Pansare, Utkasrsha Naik, Abha Parmar, Piyumori Mehta, Sanjay Batra, Rajesh Jais, Sana Khan, Karan Goddwani, Swati Chitnis, Madhura Naik, the actors who played Happy Ji, Bedi Ji, OP, HP, JP, Lallan, Rocky, Mohan, Banwari Dhobi, and the invisble Aman;

Last and absolutely the most, the two people without whom
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? would not have been what it is...

Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani

Hum bhi aapse I love you dammit!

indi52 thumbnail

"it was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." began a tale of two cities, holding tightly within the first lines a sense of moment, of bated thrill, and a feeling something huge was about to happen. when i see episode one, there is that extraordinary intensity, like a dam about to burst, and a stunning grandeur, nothing about it feels ordinary, especially once you hear the helicopter's sound, then long legs unfold and a man climbs out and stands with his feet slightly apart looking up at an old mansion. a feeling that terrible things have happened assails you... you want that inert gaze to come out of whichever hell it is in. he begins to walk toward the mansion... dark and dangerous. pink and green and talkative and happy, she races toward him on her blue scooter with milk cans clanging on either side. this could have been a sweet and predictable love story... but something in the look on that man's face, his stillness, his walk... tells you that can never be... there's never been a story quite like this.

indi52 thumbnail

ipkknd ek jashn

jashn and a beginning
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/128968656

jashn in red and brown

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/128913284

iss pyaar ko kya naam doon? ek jashn (jashn promo first sighting)
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/128861524

november again
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/128768253

ipkknd ek jashn. celebrate on blast. anchor post 1
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/128970986

ipkknd ek jashn. celebrate on blast. anchor post 2
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/128970992

you don't have a character
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/129005952

jashn begins... episode 1
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/129030108

jashn a marketing idea