IPKKND Ek Jashn. Celebrate on Blast. - Page 25

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: cineraria

30 pages of intense discussion it seems. πŸ˜† So much fun to see the thread alive, the forum alive! 

Like Indi di said, the target audience for them have apparently changed, I don't get who are the target audience in first place? And whatever was the reason behind a reunion thrown out of the blue? Even if I try, I can't reconcile with the view that it's a magnanimous gesture by the channel towards the show fans. Nope, they are too business minded for such generosity. 

It could be any, maybe because they are extending services of hotstar to other countries and IPK enjoys a decent, okay more than decent popularity overseas, they decide to encash on that, yet again. 
Or the incessant spam since 3 years had eaten up all their bandwidth and they were suffering from slow internet πŸ˜†(and that irritated the hell out of them, not that far fetched for I remember not long ago, somebody from star calling the spammers sadistic) and they decided to end it once and for all. (that is far fetched.) 

Whatever be the reason, I at least get to see that rarer than blue moon sight on screen. I honestly wasn't expecting much, so in that way I am pretty satisfied with what Jashn has to offer. 

Coming back to the question of target audience, I was 17 or 18 when I got hooked on to this show, detested the cheesy even then. If they think all teenaged girls like, are pink rooms, cuddle teddies, mushy talks and peppy dance songs, they are gravely mistaken. Even the idea of romance is so misconstrued. Why is it necessary to reconcile all differences between two human beings for them to be in love? 

The essence of IPK was in its portrayal of relationships, be it sibling relationships or friendship or romance. And in all these relationships, the contrasting traits of the people in them were the highlight of the show. IPK's beauty was in love blooming despite the conflicts and not love blooming because we seeked counselling sessions from each other and worked our asses off to excoriate the conflict so that we can fall in love, peacefully. 

No, I don't have issues with Jashn, but I have had issues ever since they showed ASR partaking in rasams and kasams to please his beloved. Not issue per se with the characterization, I understand people do things for the happiness of those they deeply love despite the said things being out of their comfort zone. ASR did it earlier for Anjali, he then did it for Khushi. What I have issues with is the psyche that runs behind it. 
The idea that he changed, she changed him or he changed himself for love. Then whom did she love in the first place? A man whom she wanted to change? Am I making sense here? So she did not fall for the man, she fell for the project. The excitement of taking up a difficult project and then moulding it as per your wishes. Huh? πŸ˜²

In the last couple of months of IPK, they gave us an uncomfortably mellowed Arnav and a bratty, aggravating buffoon Khushi, nah she wasn't anymore the girl I rooted for, related with, adored. Nor was he the man I fell head over heals for. 
If Khushi who lectured Lavanya on not to burn crackers on Diwali for they encourage child labour in 2011 had to be lectured by her husband on the same in 2012 while she sulks, "ek bomb mein kya jaata hai, laad governor kahinke..." then she can also steal the scooter of her own shop. And they can have off screen segments ki photoo adorning the bedroom walls. It's all much acceptable, to be taken with a pinch of salt and gargled with lukewarm water of nostalgia. πŸ˜†

πŸ€—
Can this be send to star minus or star poop as you call them as  representative of your generation which is I presume their target audience?
Hum nahiin underisstanding what is behind this supreme magnanimous gestureπŸ˜† 
Welcome to conspiracy land, we have even pondered alien abduction of the dear babua
But yes its a pleasure to see the two together, so without too much of faraks we shall jashn for that
#IPKKNDEkJashn Episode 3 is here. 

30 Nov | Season 12 | Episode 3 | 11 min

Hello Brother
Arnav's cousin, Aakash arrives to wish him on his special day. Arnav checks on Aakash's wife, Payal who is expecting their first child. As the brothers talk about how marriage changes everything, they also remember how Khushi and ASR had brought Payal and Aakash together. Later, Aakash leaves but not before telling Arnav that Khushi wants to discuss an important issue' with him!

Edited by Katelyn - 8 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

I KNEW ITTT!! Aur koi pakde na pakde, aap zaroor pakdengi Di *puts on the best ASR voice from days of yore to paraphrase* 

This was long due, since pheelings were not remotely close to sisterly, I thought of dropping the pretense all together. Sobu it is! β€οΈ Even if he grows a cauliflower on top of his head. Sobu is way too endearing a man. πŸ˜†

bhaiyya was albhays a bit hard to handle... bahutei phroidian... sobu. oooh me likee.

hello, our sweet cin ben. good to hear that jashn reminds you of ben and co.

lovely to see you.

and that sobu meeting ben, isn't she the coolest?

haink? no vishesh tippani? aap bhi na.

πŸ€—
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Highly disappointed, still no trace of khushi. 11 minutes episode just finished with flashback and a little scene of asr and akash. Really not interested to see akash, though my man was looking devastatingly handsome. Now I 'm feeling khushi will come on the last episode. πŸ˜‘😑
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: sohara

Highly disappointed, still no trace of khushi. 11 minutes episode just finished with flashback and a little scene of asr and akash. Really not interested to see akash, though my man was looking devastatingly handsome. Now I 'm feeling khushi will come on the last episode. πŸ˜‘😑

It seems like she is expecting as Akash mentioned.and same feelings tht she will be only at the last epi πŸ˜•
Crazy4IPK thumbnail

Originally posted by: .ArshiHamesha.

It seems like she is expecting as Akash mentioned.and same feelings tht she will be only at the last epi πŸ˜•

Yeah I think she will give her pregnancy news on the last day when they will gather to celebrate their anniversary and khushi will be there only on that day. 
Edited by sohara - 8 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: sohara

Yeah I think she will give her pregnancy news on the last day when they will gather to celebrate their anniversary and khushi will be there only on that day. 

our prediction was right since last time we spoke on fb...that is what we have
indi52 thumbnail

barun and fan.

(cheesy title... in keeping with jashning)

Crazy4IPK thumbnail

Originally posted by: .ArshiHamesha.

our prediction was right since last time we spoke on fb...that is what we have

Yes absolutely l I'm more sure now.
indi52 thumbnail

30 pages of intense discussion it seems. πŸ˜† So much fun to see the thread alive, the forum alive! 

Like Indi di said, the target audience for them have apparently changed, I don't get who are the target audience in first place? And whatever was the reason behind a reunion thrown out of the blue? Even if I try, I can't reconcile with the view that it's a magnanimous gesture by the channel towards the show fans. Nope, they are too business minded for such generosity. 

It could be any, maybe because they are extending services of hotstar to other countries and IPK enjoys a decent, okay more than decent popularity overseas, they decide to encash on that, yet again. 
Or the incessant spam since 3 years had eaten up all their bandwidth and they were suffering from slow internet πŸ˜†(and that irritated the hell out of them, not that far fetched for I remember not long ago, somebody from star calling the spammers sadistic) and they decided to end it once and for all. (that is far fetched.) 

Whatever be the reason, I at least get to see that rarer than blue moon sight on screen. I honestly wasn't expecting much, so in that way I am pretty satisfied with what Jashn has to offer. 

Coming back to the question of target audience, I was 17 or 18 when I got hooked on to this show, detested the cheesy even then. If they think all teenaged girls like, are pink rooms, cuddle teddies, mushy talks and peppy dance songs, they are gravely mistaken. Even the idea of romance is so misconstrued. Why is it necessary to reconcile all differences between two human beings for them to be in love? 

The essence of IPK was in its portrayal of relationships, be it sibling relationships or friendship or romance. And in all these relationships, the contrasting traits of the people in them were the highlight of the show. IPK's beauty was in love blooming despite the conflicts and not love blooming because we seeked counselling sessions from each other and worked our asses off to excoriate the conflict so that we can fall in love, peacefully. 

No, I don't have issues with Jashn, but I have had issues ever since they showed ASR partaking in rasams and kasams to please his beloved. Not issue per se with the characterization, I understand people do things for the happiness of those they deeply love despite the said things being out of their comfort zone. ASR did it earlier for Anjali, he then did it for Khushi. What I have issues with is the psyche that runs behind it. 
The idea that he changed, she changed him or he changed himself for love. Then whom did she love in the first place? A man whom she wanted to change? Am I making sense here? So she did not fall for the man, she fell for the project. The excitement of taking up a difficult project and then moulding it as per your wishes. Huh? πŸ˜²

In the last couple of months of IPK, they gave us an uncomfortably mellowed Arnav and a bratty, aggravating buffoon Khushi, nah she wasn't anymore the girl I rooted for, related with, adored.

Nor was he the man I fell head over heals for. 
If Khushi who lectured Lavanya on not to burn crackers on Diwali for they encourage child labour in 2011 had to be lectured by her husband on the same in 2012 while she sulks, "ek bomb mein kya jaata hai, laad governor kahinke..." then she can also steal the scooter of her own shop. And they can have off screen segments ki photoo adorning the bedroom walls. It's all much acceptable, to be taken with a pinch of salt and gargled with lukewarm water of nostalgia. πŸ˜†

hi cineraria,

lovely post. i felt the pyaar, and the gussa, and the pagal.

i guess this time round the gussa and the dard will be provided, ably and adequately and even ajeebly, by the people who fell in love with a television show.

that thought about star plus doing it to just finish off the frenzy may even be spot on. πŸ˜†they called spammers sadistic?πŸ˜• pagal. and i say it without even a trace of subtle inner, embedded meaning.

precisely, young very young, old, pretty old, all were hooked. you were 17, i was... 51. and like a good piece of work, it invited many thoughts, many interpretations, and a yearning. almost a craving. after years i understood just why it may be interesting to analyse a character or structure of a script/story, or see it vis a vis current society, etc., stuff you do in college only for marks and don't really get all smitten... okay, i had a thing for macbeth and shylock, but doesn't mean i wanted to read all i could about them. (saw the trailer of macbeth day before, excited me... no idea of the what and where of it, but will see... swear i thought of barun somewhere in the middle of it all...)

ipk always had something most serials don't have... intelligence. and ken.

miss that in this series. yesterday spent hours doing subtitles... not once as i edited, did i burst out laughing. and it was asr in love, reminiscing. for me that goes somewhere between tragic and catastrophic. pagal...

ved raj and gautam hegde were the lead writers of ipk and the creators of ahem kokila gopi too (teehee, how relentless they...). three years of not writing asr, not thinking nafrat mohabbat pyaar, not being in touch, is showing. and there's a taking for granted of the viewer which adds to a smugness overall. shades of ahem in humara gussa boy, shades of vahu perhaps in kkg too, who knows. dm, please spare my mano darlings from kokila ka asar.

anyway, jashn got us all back here... so chalega.

think i'll buy my patidev a pink jacket for our thirtieth. might bring about the change a girl could live with. yeah that is why we all fall in love, so that with our superior powers and modern tech, we can change the man we marry... that way alone can parivaar and parampara go on.

aside: if we've done this to the characters of asr and kkg in just teen saal, imagine what we must have done to ram and sita in teen millennia (or more... or less), sochega padi.

bhun more cheez: about star and magnanimity. of course, it isn't there. but then i don't even expect it... you are a business... you want to make money... normal. but why kill the proverbial golden goose or if you like goat... why won't you ponder how to bring it back three years on, evolve, get in new viewers and stay strong? make money? look at mr bond (again i think of barun) over so many years and with such big gaps he returns again and again, clearly target audience is majorly women now as compared to early sean connery days  (i am happy to be killed), i hear some bond fans crib, some say they love it... and no matter who says what, three years on when the next one comes, there will be anticipation, excitement and a funny happy feeling about that spy in a deadly suit (okay daniel ji and barun ji, both in character, fought valiantly on the crest of my mind, daniel ji finally sat down, laughed, adjusted his cuff and said, okay, you win this round.)

Edited by indi52 - 8 years ago