Analysis Corner (Mar 31st Yeh koi saas bahu serial nahi hai link p.64)

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hey guys,

I may or may not make this a regular thing, but instead of opening a new thread everyday, I'm just going to post my reviews and symbolism's here with links in this first post for easy access. I may be looking too much into each episode, but that's the whole point. Sometimes you'll see symbolism even where there wasn't supposed to be any. That's the beauty of storytelling.

Dec 2nd - 1st Episode

Dec 3rd  - 2nd Episode

Dec 4th - 3rd Episode

Dec 5th - The Fear of Touch

Dec 6th - Humiliation Through the Sons

Dec 9th - The Painful Trust

Dec 10th - Symbolism Galore

Dec 11th - The Three Pillars

Dec 12th - Drawing Closer Together

Dec 13th - The Foundation of Trust and the Anchor

Dec 16th - Dinchak Episode

Dec 17th - Breaking Free

Dec 18th - Caught in the Trap

Dec 19th - The Preparations Begin - pg. 34

Dec 20th - Past and Present Collide - pg. 35

Dec 23rd - Maya's First Win Begins - pg. 36

Dec 24th - A Few Quick Comments - pg. 38

Dec 25th - A Little Bit of This and That - pg. 39

Dec 26th - A Few Comments - pg. 40

Dec 27th - The Fun, But Realistic Lies - pg. 40

Dec 30th - The Three Rs - pg. 42

Dec 31st Analysis - pg. 42

Jan 1st - Light on Symbolism - pg. 43

Jan 2nd Analysis - pg. 45

Jan 3rd Analysis - pg. 46

Jan 8th - Kissa Kiss Ka - pg. 47

Jan 9th - Hasty Decisions and the Fall - pg. 49

Jan 10th - Mistakes - pg. 50

Jan 13th - Maya and Rudra - pg. 51

Jan 14th - Death - pg. 52

Jan 16th - Emotions - pg. 53

Jan 17th - Masks - pg. 55

Jan 20th - Short Analysis - pg. 55

Feb 4th - Love Till Death - pg. 56

Feb 5th - Face-to-Face - pg. 57

Feb 10th - Hypocritical Women - pg. 58

Feb 21st - Darr Ka Asaar Khatam, Pyaar Shuru - pg. 61

Feb 24th - The Past Repeats with a Twist - pg. 62

Feb 25th - The Lifeless Women - pg. 62

Feb 26th - 1 Pillar Down, 2 More To Go - pg. 63

Mar 9th - Stand Up For Your Self - pg. 63

Mar 11th - Higher You Fly, Further Your Fall - pg. 64

Mar 31st - Yeh koi saas bahu serial nahi hai - Separate Topic

x

Edited by Minionite - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail

Dec 2nd - Episode 1

The black car with a 444 license plate - Black is the symbol of death, while 444 is the symbol of angels. The way Maya emerged from that car in a silk gown with the wind blowing the sleeves was quite symbolic in my view. It appeared as if an angel was emerging from death. A butterfly was being born from the cocoon.

Emerging from the mud - The fact that Maya chose this mud for "rebirth" seemed interesting. In a way, she chose to immerse herself in the Earth and then be born from it again.

Merging into Durga Maa - The CVs chose to blend Maya's face into Durga Maa for a reason. After all Durga Maa is the Goddess of War, the fierce goddess who rises up to protect the oppressed and liberate them. She becomes Kali when she faces evil and becomes a benevolent Parvati when at peace. Maya is going to be just like that.

MJ's introduction - In contrast to Maya's introduction, MJ's was all about power. The background score, the rippling muscles, the strong namaskar to Durga Maa, the aarti, and the bodyguards - it was all about power and might. He's also someone who loves his son, Rishi, a lot as is evident from their meeting and then his concern for Rishi when he almost drowned. Waise might be an unpopular opinion, but he loves Rudra just as much, if not more. MJ treated Rishi like a kid, usually how the youngest is treated, but with Rudra, even in the formality, he was giving Rudra an equal footing. It wasn't about babying Rudra, but about letting him be the independent man that he is. In a way, as the show progresses, this relationship is what's going to be the hardest to break because even though Rudra hates MJ, somewhere in there is love and it will come out. Reminds me of Bepannah and Aditya's relationship with his father. In fact, the hate was for the same reason. And at one point, that hate fell away and the hidden love came out. It'll be the same here. Anyways, I digress. Moving on.

Rishi, all cute and sweet - He's the chocolate boy and the apple of everyone's eye. I'm going to feel bad when Maya uses him, but that's what happens in revenge. Of course, he isn't all sweet. The way he tells his friend to find out about Maya, almost feels stalkerish (or maybe this is just the effect of all those crime shows and movies I've watched over the years). Waise genhu ke saath ghun bhi pis jata hai. And he got pulled down with Durga Maa and saved by Maya. Interesting really. It just adds to my third point above. Maya will be both roops of Durga Maa - the destructor and the protector.

From white to black - Maya's second entrance was again symbolic. She went from the white of the angel to the black of the devil. She went from the peaceful to the destruction. She went from pure to dark and determined.

Fencing challenge and Rudra's introduction - The background score and the fencing game was the best part of this episode. It introduced Rudra - a witty, charming, confident, but slightly arrogant man. He knows his limits and tries to keep within them. He respects women, but he also hates losing. That explains why Maya challenged him. To hurt his ego a bit, to the point where Rudra now refuses to have anything to do with Maya. I have a feeling that was part of Maya's plan to get into his head..........and heart.

The two brothers - Aww just the way brothers should be. Aww. Just aww. Forget everything else. There's no symbolism here. It's just an aww moment. One second Rudra is scolding Rishi and the next showing his love. Waise concern main bhi pyaar chupa hai.

The two cake cutting ceremonies - Both were so different, yet so alike. Rudra is right - jo family cake saath mein kaat sakti hai woh ek doosre ko bhi kaat sakte hain. That's exactly what's happening in the Roy family. They may appear together, but there is distance there. Some are visible like Rudra and MJ's mother, but others aren't yet and will come out slowly. On the other hand, Maya was cutting the cake to separate as well. She was cutting it to separate two brothers, and a family. And notice how she stabbed the cake exactly where she hurt the two brothers. She knows it isn't as easy as separating the two brothers. It'll take time.

The bracelet - This seems to be both important and a red herring. A red herring because it was shown specifically to make the audience think Rudra is the man in the picture. But I think it'll be important as well. The way Maya caressed that bracelet in the photo makes me think that it was an important part of her life. Maybe she's the one who gifted it to her love. And it'll make her connect with Rudra and make her hesitate from hurting Rudra. Or it could be the way she'll recognize that the man she loved came back in Rudra. Long shot - what if MJ killed Maya's lover for some organs to save Rudra and he kept the bracelet as a trophy and gave it to Rudra for the same reason? Ooh and what if that organ was the heart?!! Dang my mind is really going to places.

Pros:

1. The cast was well chosen and well cast. They all have their strengths and put together, they play off each other so well. It'll be interesting to see when MJ and Maya first come face-to-face because both Ashish and Jennifer are great actors whose body language speaks volumes.
  2. The story seems rather intriguing and a lot more dark. But I also feel that it'll make more sense than Beyadh 1.
  3. The first episode itself was good. It had a lot of symbolism and really makes you think. As you can see above, just from the bracelet I can think of at least 3 or 4 different scenarios (all shared around the forum).

Cons:

1. They didn't really introduce anything new in the first episode that wasn't already seen in the promos.
  2. MJ's mother seems a tad OTT. I kind of skipped her dialogues after a bit. She just seemed so irritating.
libran90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Minionite

Dec 2nd - Episode 1

The black car with a 444 license plate - Black is the symbol of death, while 444 is the symbol of angels. The way Maya emerged from that car in a silk gown with the wind blowing the sleeves was quite symbolic in my view. It appeared as if an angel was emerging from death. A butterfly was being born from the cocoon.

Emerging from the mud - The fact that Maya chose this mud for "rebirth" seemed interesting. In a way, she chose to immerse herself in the Earth and then be born from it again.

Merging into Durga Maa - The CVs chose to blend Maya's face into Durga Maa for a reason. After all Durga Maa is the Goddess of War, the fierce goddess who rises up to protect the oppressed and liberate them. She becomes Kali when she faces evil and becomes a benevolent Parvati when at peace. Maya is going to be just like that.

MJ's introduction - In contrast to Maya's introduction, MJ's was all about power. The background score, the rippling muscles, the strong namaskar to Durga Maa, the aarti, and the bodyguards - it was all about power and might. He's also someone who loves his son, Rishi, a lot as is evident from their meeting and then his concern for Rishi when he almost drowned. Waise might be an unpopular opinion, but he loves Rudra just as much, if not more. MJ treated Rishi like a kid, usually how the youngest is treated, but with Rudra, even in the formality, he was giving Rudra an equal footing. It wasn't about babying Rudra, but about letting him be the independent man that he is. In a way, as the show progresses, this relationship is what's going to be the hardest to break because even though Rudra hates MJ, somewhere in there is love and it will come out. Reminds me of Bepannah and Aditya's relationship with his father. In fact, the hate was for the same reason. And at one point, that hate fell away and the hidden love came out. It'll be the same here. Anyways, I digress. Moving on.

Rishi, all cute and sweet - He's the chocolate boy and the apple of everyone's eye. I'm going to feel bad when Maya uses him, but that's what happens in revenge. Of course, he isn't all sweet. The way he tells his friend to find out about Maya, almost feels stalkerish (or maybe this is just the effect of all those crime shows and movies I've watched over the years). Waise genhu ke saath ghun bhi pis jata hai. And he got pulled down with Durga Maa and saved by Maya. Interesting really. It just adds to my third point above. Maya will be both roops of Durga Maa - the destructor and the protector.

From white to black - Maya's second entrance was again symbolic. She went from the white of the angel to the black of the devil. She went from the peaceful to the destruction. She went from pure to dark and determined.

Fencing challenge and Rudra's introduction - The background score and the fencing game was the best part of this episode. It introduced Rudra - a witty, charming, confident, but slightly arrogant man. He knows his limits and tries to keep within them. He respects women, but he also hates losing. That explains why Maya challenged him. To hurt his ego a bit, to the point where Rudra now refuses to have anything to do with Maya. I have a feeling that was part of Maya's plan to get into his head..........and heart.

The two brothers - Aww just the way brothers should be. Aww. Just aww. Forget everything else. There's no symbolism here. It's just an aww moment. One second Rudra is scolding Rishi and the next showing his love. Waise concern main bhi pyaar chupa hai.

The two cake cutting ceremonies - Both were so different, yet so alike. Rudra is right - jo family cake saath mein kaat sakti hai woh ek doosre ko bhi kaat sakte hain. That's exactly what's happening in the Roy family. They may appear together, but there is distance there. Some are visible like Rudra and MJ's mother, but others aren't yet and will come out slowly. On the other hand, Maya was cutting the cake to separate as well. She was cutting it to separate two brothers, and a family. And notice how she stabbed the cake exactly where she hurt the two brothers. She knows it isn't as easy as separating the two brothers. It'll take time.

The bracelet - This seems to be both important and a red herring. A red herring because it was shown specifically to make the audience think Rudra is the man in the picture. But I think it'll be important as well. The way Maya caressed that bracelet in the photo makes me think that it was an important part of her life. Maybe she's the one who gifted it to her love. And it'll make her connect with Rudra and make her hesitate from hurting Rudra. Or it could be the way she'll recognize that the man she loved came back in Rudra. Long shot - what if MJ killed Maya's lover for some organs to save Rudra and he kept the bracelet as a trophy and gave it to Rudra for the same reason? Ooh and what if that organ was the heart?!! Dang my mind is really going to places.

Pros:

1. The cast was well chosen and well cast. They all have their strengths and put together, they play off each other so well. It'll be interesting to see when MJ and Maya first come face-to-face because both Ashish and Jennifer are great actors whose body language speaks volumes.
  2. The story seems rather intriguing and a lot more dark. But I also feel that it'll make more sense than Beyadh 1.
  3. The first episode itself was good. It had a lot of symbolism and really makes you think. As you can see above, just from the bracelet I can think of at least 3 or 4 different scenarios (all shared around the forum).

Cons:

1. They didn't really introduce anything new in the first episode that wasn't already seen in the promos.
  2. MJ's mother seems a tad OTT. I kind of skipped her dialogues after a bit. She just seemed so irritating.

@blue - I agree with the fact that MJ loves both his sons to death. But the problem is that he is overdoing the over-protective dad thing as if he is over-compensating for something. Being fiercely protective is one thing, and being obsessively protective is different. I guess "obsession" is the undercurrent of the show, so MJ is "beyhadh protective" of his family.

@red - Regarding Rudra and Maya's interaction, it is a sharp contrast to Rishi and Maya. Maya is clever enough to understand that Rishi is a cakewalk - too simple and sweet to fall for her charm and beauty. What Rishi feels for Maya is not love, its just like a crush or infatuation to me. But Rudra is more sensible, mature, and not too easy to fall for her looks. So Maya is using a twisted way of getting in his head by being someone who challenges him, who is a competitor, someone who is as independent and strong as he is. And when she does manage to settle in his head, she will make way to his heart, and may, may being the keyword, may fall for him and he may fall for her.

@purple - I agree with your prediction here. That bracelet might be a symbolism of the lost love she might find in Rudra again. Fingers crossed.

All in all, lovely analysis dearπŸ‘πŸΌ

Edited by libran90 - 4 years ago
Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Beautiful review of the 1st episode by you, Shreya! πŸ‘πŸ‘

Grey-licious thumbnail

Awww Shreya πŸ€—

Thank you for this thread 

I love reading long and deep reviews 

Grey-licious thumbnail

Wonderful review Shreya ,loved reading it even if I agreed on as some points and disagree on others

Agreed that Rudra and MJ's relationship is like Adi n papa Hooda.....and it will come out when MJ will be badly hurt/injured or something and reason for their hate is also same ...it is expected as it's from same PH . Moving on

I was sure about rishi that he'll be the innocent one ,but after his phone call to his friends he seems obsessed and mainly bratish ,yeah he's the ladla of the whole family so he's used to get everything he wants and his ego will be badly hurt when Maya will reject him then we'll see his other side 

About bracelet ,I think CVS just want to confuse the audience,in my theory that bracelet belongs to MJ only might me ancestory which he forwarded to his when he take the first step in making his career as his blessings .

Agreed that this season cast are splendid 

Yeah there's nothing new in the first episode but it was necessary too as they introduced Roy's behaviour and nature and it's clear that they're dysfunctional family and hiding something .

MJ's mother don't like Dia and have some problem with her son too ,so might be she knew something about them which the whole family is unaware of

She's not irritating,infact she seems a distressed mother 

Majnu_Bhai thumbnail

Whoa! It was a long review. It was a pleasure reading it. I also liked the fencing scene the best. Waiting for more of them.

I like your out of the box predictions. Hope they have something like out of the box in their mind not the EMA which will be very predictable.

The writers are really writing meaningfully each thing which just need to understand.

Thanks for the review.

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: libran90

@blue - I agree with the fact that MJ loves both his sons to death. But the problem is that he is overdoing the over-protective dad thing as if he is over-compensating for something. Being fiercely protective is one thing, and being obsessively protective is different. I guess "obsession" is the undercurrent of the show, so MJ is "beyhadh protective" of his family.

@red - Regarding Rudra and Maya's interaction, it is a sharp contrast to Rishi and Maya. Maya is clever enough to understand that Rishi is a cakewalk - too simple and sweet to fall for her charm and beauty. What Rishi feels for Maya is not love, its just like a crush or infatuation to me. But Rudra is more sensible, mature, and not too easy to fall for her looks. So Maya is using a twisted way of getting in his head by being someone who challenges him, who is a competitor, someone who is as independent and strong as he is. And when she does manage to settle in his head, she will make way to his heart, and may, may being the keyword, may fall for him and he may fall for her.

@purple - I agree with your prediction here. That bracelet might be a symbolism of the lost love she might find in Rudra again. Fingers crossed.

All in all, lovely analysis dearπŸ‘πŸΌ

@ Blue: Totally agree. It's overdone, but only with Rishi. It's like he's really trying to protect Rishi from someone or something. And it's overdone even from Rishi's side almost to the point of Rishi trying to do it so that his father will never believe anything wrong about him.

@ Red: Heck yeah! Rishi is an easy peasy. He's the immature, spoilt brat of the family. He thinks he's happening and so it's easy for Maya to draw him in. Rudra is intelligent, sharp, and business-minded. Not as easy. If the two do fall in love though, it'll be strong and supportive. There's nothing that will drive a wedge between them.

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grey-licious

Wonderful review Shreya ,loved reading it even if I agreed on as some points and disagree on others

Agreed that Rudra and MJ's relationship is like Adi n papa Hooda.....and it will come out when MJ will be badly hurt/injured or something and reason for their hate is also same ...it is expected as it's from same PH . Moving on

I was sure about rishi that he'll be the innocent one ,but after his phone call to his friends he seems obsessed and mainly bratish ,yeah he's the ladla of the whole family so he's used to get everything he wants and his ego will be badly hurt when Maya will reject him then we'll see his other side 

About bracelet ,I think CVS just want to confuse the audience,in my theory that bracelet belongs to MJ only might me ancestory which he forwarded to his when he take the first step in making his career as his blessings .

Agreed that this season cast are splendid 

Yeah there's nothing new in the first episode but it was necessary too as they introduced Roy's behaviour and nature and it's clear that they're dysfunctional family and hiding something .

MJ's mother don't like Dia and have some problem with her son too ,so might be she knew something about them which the whole family is unaware of

She's not irritating,infact she seems a distressed mother 

@ Bold: Lol yep. They just reused and recycled a few concepts. πŸ˜† Not that I mind. It was tastefully handled and shown in Bepannah. Hopefully the same will be done here.

@ Red: Ooh interesting point. That's what I couldn't put my finger on yesterday. It would be interesting if instead of MJ, he becomes Maya's strongest competitor. After all, in almost every family the youngest is treated as a child well into the adult years. Rishi is being shown as this shallow, spoilt brat, but underneath it all he could be as cunning as a fox. That would make for a nice twist.

@ Blue: Could be. I still feel that the fact that they focused on that bracelet means it has some significance. Most Indian TV shows don't usually focus on something without it having some meaning. I mean if they had just shown the bracelet on Maya's lover's hand that would be one thing, but to tie it back to Rudra gives it some significance.

@ Green: Could be. It was only the first episode so let's see what happens. As relationships unfold, maybe I'll understand her a bit more.

PehliDafaHai thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Wonderful review, Shreya! 

I had felt a bit annoyed to see there was no new scene in the first episode but keeping that aside, it was indeed an impressive start. 

I really enjoyed and is intrigued by your symbolism on the bracelet. I agree that the bracelet being on Rudra's hands was quite obvious (that he wasn't the one) so there's definitely more to it. 

-Shreya (We share the same name πŸ˜†)

Edited by Mayashika - 4 years ago