Analysis Corner (Mar 31st Yeh koi saas bahu serial nahi hai link p.64) - Page 25

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

I am not sure about symbolisms in today's episode, coz the episode itself outlined all the symbolisms. 

1. The lift scene was awesome. It was exactly as members here had predicted, that Maya was helping Rudra actually. What I infer from that, both MayRa have insecurities, fears and vulnerabilities, and the other is able to effectively alleviate them. Why Maya did it? I can only guess. That she still has some goodness left in her, she didn't want to owe Rudra for saving her in the morning or SHE wanted to be the one to inflict pain and didn't want Rudra to succumb to any other fear or breakdown. 

2. What I did notice, that she let Rudra get over his fears and leave the darkness towards light though she stayed back in the dark lift. As if saying, it's too late for her and there's no hope for her while there's hope for him, coz he chooses to not let the darkness consume him, while she's chosen the darkness for herself. That coincides with what she told him outside in the rains, that you choose what binds you, your fear, your darkness, your grief. And she's chosen that. 

3. Everyone in the Forum kept saying that she's Krishna, teaching Rudra, who's like Arjun. I never saw that before until today. Today she taught Rudra a lesson that would probably help him with his fears and his dark past just like Krishna taught Arjun. However, I don't see Rudra teaching her anything. More like she's too far gone to be salvaged. Rudra provided her comfort, and temporary relief from her fears, but nothing more than temporary. However what Maya did today may go a long way in Rudra's future. 👏 

4. I LOVED the RuAn scene. Are they having a sleepover? And Rudra has agreed to a girl's night out coz Ananya doesn't have female friends. 🤣 I find it so adorable, that he's wearing a girl power t-shirt. 🤣🤣 

5. Another thing was established today. Ananya is no Saanjh and I am happy about it. I thought looking at her sudden bubbly, chirpy behaviour with the stoic Maya, she may have traces of Saanjh. But she doesn't. She may not succeed, and Rudra may end up falling for Maya. But she's kept in the loop. And I am SO happy Rudra shared the truth with her. I am glad there's no unnecessary godliness and stuff, no one sacrificing anything. The truth out in the open. And Ananya has made it abundantly clear, that she's okay if Rudra doesn't love her, but she won't stand the prospect of the possibility of him loving her in the future completely shut off, because of his feelings for some other woman. Rudra doesn't seem to take it seriously coz he doesn't feel he's at risk of falling for a psycho like Maya. But it was a point worth noting. 

6. That said, a lot of times, we as people, exacerbate our feelings by vociferously expressing them, so the thoughts don't seep into our nerves and our system and corrupt them. So, Ananya's pretty much clarified she won't be able to deal with Rudra feeling for another woman, and by doing so, she's effectively stopped the feeling of betrayal or loss and nipped it in the bud, and at the same time has also recognised the same in the beginning. I am guessing she'd cope with it if at all it happens in a much better manner. 

7. And she's also not denied the jealousy and buried her head like an ostrich and admitted that Maya has looks, she's successful, she's talented and she's a catch. I love Ananya more and more. 👏

Minionite thumbnail

Dec 17th - Breaking Free

These episodes need to stop being so good that I can't even wait to watch them! I never take lunch breaks. Usually just eat at my desk and now, thanks to Beyhadh 2, I'm literally taking a lunch break. Stop it CVs! Stop it! 😆

Breaking Free - Anyways, moving on to the most important sequence from today. Breaking free. Maya did this really well. She kept egging on Rudra to the point where it became a karo yah maro situation. She was quite matter-of-fact, not taunting in her tone. She was just stating the facts and that was exacerbating the situation for Rudra. And it almost felt like Rudra knew that she wasn't taunting him. Despite the smirk on her face, he was looking at her with a confused expression.

One thing worth noting here is that even when the lights went out in the elevator, Rudra still had the elevator buttons on his side, which kept flashing and giving him some light, while Maya stood in the complete dark. It seemed to signify that Maya is gone, there's no return, but Rudra still has a chance, a sliver of hope. Even if he's standing with Maya, he still has a chance to break free and go back into the light. He does not have to be engulfed in the darkness with Maya. He's not trapped.

Kehte hain ke maarte huye insaan ki aankhen khuli hoti hai jaise kisi umeed ka intezaar ho. Lekin woh umeed kabhi nahi aati. Lekin jaante ho Rudra, yeh umeed kahin aur se nahi khud se aati hai. This was both for Rudra and herself. It was to encourage Rudra to be his own hope, his own saviour. No one is going to come and save him, he has to save himself. And that's exactly what he did. He stood up and tried to pry the doors open for himself. On the other hand, this is also for Maya. When she was an innocent person, just in love, and was deceived, she hoped. She hoped that someone would come for her and no one did. She changed because of that, but somewhere she doesn't want Rudra to change. Or maybe she doesn't want him to become disenchanted with the good in people, like she has.

Zindagi iss lift ki taran hai. Har taraf se band karne ki koshish karti rehti hai. Lekin inhe deewaron ko torne ki umeed hum sirf khud se kar sakte hain. OMG! This whole scene and every dialogue is so important. Once again, a teaching moment for Rudra. Do not rely on others to save you from your life. You have the solution to your problems and only you can save yourself.

Back to the words: breaking free. For Rudra, this was a defining moment. His fear, his claustrophobia arose from seeing MJ with his girlfriend. He needed to break free of that moment. And it was important he do it himself.

By the way, Maya reached out and grabbed Rudra's hand. She proved his words correct. But, at the same time, she encouraged him even more. Do not leave the door now. Break free of the past. Let it go. Whatever happened, cannot change and history does not repeat itself in the same way. That one move and those few words (har darr ateet mein chupa hota) were more than enough to help Rudra break free. He was leaving his past behind. And as he did that, his side of the elevator lit up even more. Instead of flickering lights, the lights came on properly. It lit up not only him, but Maya as well. He chose the light. He chose not to let the dark affect him anymore.

Maya considered this her success. And based on her small smile and her hugging the Gita, I don't think she intends to destroy Rudra. She's making Rudra stronger. Working out the kinks in this shield. She's preparing him to both fight and protect. Rudra is going to be her weapon against MJ and today, I can safely say, I don't think Rudra is going to die. By breaking free from that elevator, Rudra signified that even when things get dark and the goings get tough, he'll break free and come out stronger with Maya's help. And Maya staying back in the elevator seems to tell me that, in the end, when push comes to shove, she'll push Rudra to get out, while getting engulfed herself.

Water used as a rebirth once again. In the first episode, it was used to show Maya shedding her innocent avatar for a darker, more sinister avatar. And today the rain was used to show that Rudra had finally broken free and moved on from his past, his fears, his darkness. He looked up, embracing this change in him. He let the water absolve him of the past. He let the water wash away those tensions and those fears. Oh and what a perfect time to use the Beyhadh title song. What a perfect time. (I've got to download this to my phone.) Shivin take another bow man. In these few seconds, you showed so many emotions, so much about Rudra, that dang man! You went from the angst and pain of the betrayal to letting it go to being at peace finally. You could see it in Rudra's face. As Maya came to stand beside him, Rudra looked relaxed, his shoulders dropped, his face relaxed, he seemed so calm finally. Rudra has moved on.

The umbrella and Maya appearing at the right time was significant as well. She came by him with protection, a shield. And she shared it with Rudra. When the goings get tough, she will step up, stand by Rudra, and help and shield him. She will guide him and she will remind him that he is his own person. Yet, at the same time, she will also leave at the right time. Letting Rudra finish his fight on his own. She will not stand around and mollycoddle him. That's not Maya.

Aap aur mere bache hi meri puri duniya hain - If this was a close knit family, I would have been laughing at MJ's blunder and Antara's reaction, but it isn't and Antara is a fool if she thought that she was important for MJ. MJ has proven it several times already that he doesn't care much for her. The anger he had was most aggressively shown towards her. He grabbed her out of control, not out of love. During the anniversary celebrations, he was more than glad to leave her side to talk to others. And, if the flashbacks are any indication, he's not afraid to use her either. So believing that she was important to him was rather naive of her.

MJ's analogies are interesting as well. MJ is alcohol. And like any alcohol it is unpredictable. You never know what a person's reaction will be around or after having alcohol. That's similar to MJ, who is quite unpredictable. Mrs. Roy aka Dadi is the lime. Limes are essential, they counter the sweetness in life, they are predictable. Limes will always have a similar flavour depending on what type of lime you get. Rishi and Rudra are ice. They can melt away. But note that ice is made of water. Seems to indicate that they are more like Antara, than MJ. They are essential to alcohol, but you can just as easily do without them. And keep them out for too long, they will melt away. Disappear. Gone with the wind.

But of them all, MJ likened Antara to water. Water, which according to him, you need only sometimes. But he forgets that water is essential to our survival. Studies have shown that humans can only go a week without water. 7 days. And, based on the promos, she might die because of water. Not right away, but her death will come because of that. Ironic really. You're the water, but you'll die because of water. Basically, you'll die because of yourself Antara, not anyone else.

Rishi's ego - Meh I'm just going to be repeating myself here. I guess that's what makes Rishi's character the easily controlled. He's so predictable. The CVs played around with everyone's role, except his. The only thing I will say here is that his response to his friend's teasing is one of arrogance. He may not love Maya, but now, he'll do anything to ensure Maya is in his life. It's become a matter of pride for him. And this pride is what will lead to his downfall.

Tum jaanti ho main kaun hoon. Notice also how he introduces himself to Maya - Rishi Mrityunjay Roy. He prides himself on being MJ's son and thinks that no one can mistreat MJ's son. That sealed his fate. Anyone who considers himself MJ first and himself second is going to be destroyed by Maya.

Rudra and Ananya - One thing that I love about Ananya's characterization is that she has been set up as someone who is quite mature and open. Rudra knows that she loves him and she isn't afraid to mention that she'll feel jealous and hurt if Rudra ends up with someone else. She also knows who her competition is and why. But what I also like here is that Rudra is not afraid to speak his mind, despite knowing that Ananya loves him. He can openly share his feelings with her and this will become instrumental later on as he gets closer to Maya, but is unsure of how to approach it.

On a side note, that shirt - 😆. Rudra so calmly and easily pulled out a t-shirt from Ananya's closet and put it on. It's like he's done that before.

Duniya mein ache log bhi hote hain - Maya and Nandini's equation is an important one. They are the yin-yang here. Both took different routes from being deceived. Nandini still believes in the good in people. She knows that Rudra is good and that too from just one meeting. On the other hand, Maya can only see the worst in people. She thinks all Roys are bad just because of their name. Both of them have a journey to make. Nandini has to travel to understand Maya and why she has become so dark and dismissive of people, while Maya has to travel and understand that Nandini is right - not all people are bad and the Gita cannot be interpreted however you feel.

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: Antara123

1. The lift scene was awesome. It was exactly as members here had predicted, that Maya was helping Rudra actually. What I infer from that, both MayRa have insecurities, fears and vulnerabilities, and the other is able to effectively alleviate them. Why Maya did it? I can only guess. That she still has some goodness left in her, she didn't want to owe Rudra for saving her in the morning or SHE wanted to be the one to inflict pain and didn't want Rudra to succumb to any other fear or breakdown. 

4. I LOVED the RuAn scene. Are they having a sleepover? And Rudra has agreed to a girl's night out coz Ananya doesn't have female friends. 🤣 I find it so adorable, that he's wearing a girl power t-shirt. 🤣🤣 

1. I think it's because she doesn't want to destroy him. Rudra is going to be her weapon. Rishi is going to be destroyed. This is because Rudra is stronger and he hates MJ. Rishi is easily controlled. As long as she remains attainable, Rishi will do anything for Maya and that's his downfall. Rudra doesn't need that. He just needs to be shaped correctly and after that anything he does will lead to MJ's downfall.

4. Ananya and Rudra are so cute together. 🤣 I'm so glad that the CVs have managed to show a girl-boy friendship that is actually realistic, not stupid or cliched.

Antara123 thumbnail

I absolutely LOVED your water symbolism. I realise now that it was used everywhere today. 

1. The rain one - I didn't really get the rebirth thing until you said it. I interpret it as a flood of emotions trying to wreck Rudra but Maya offering a haven, even if not safe, but giving him an option to accept or reject the same..

2. I did notice the water jug symbolism when MJ mentioned. Water is meant for survival. And by showing utter disregard for something so essential MJ is probably wrecking his own survival in the future. It could also mean that, though MJ utterly defenestrates Antara, she, being the most essential survival tool could just be the cause of his loss and suffering. 

3. I LOVED how you related the ice melting to Rishi-Rudra. And that explains why MJ wants to keep them in check and control to ensure they don't melt and drift away. 

Antara123 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minionite

1. I think it's because she doesn't want to destroy him. Rudra is going to be her weapon. Rishi is going to be destroyed. This is because Rudra is stronger and he hates MJ. Rishi is easily controlled. As long as she remains attainable, Rishi will do anything for Maya and that's his downfall. Rudra doesn't need that. He just needs to be shaped correctly and after that anything he does will lead to MJ's downfall.

4. Ananya and Rudra are so cute together. 🤣 I'm so glad that the CVs have managed to show a girl-boy friendship that is actually realistic, not stupid or cliched.

I think Maya's main aim is to destroy MJ, her vested interest is only him. She wants to destroy Rishi, coz he's MJ's son. And Rishi himself has proved that his identity starts and ends from there. Whereas, Rudra has his own identity. And therefore Maya wants to use that as a weapon. However, once the battle has ended, and the victor declared, weapons have no purpose and they are discarded.

Minionite thumbnail

I absolutely LOVED your water symbolism. I realise now that it was used everywhere today. 

1. The rain one - I didn't really get the rebirth thing until you said it. I interpret it as a flood of emotions trying to wreck Rudra but Maya offering a haven, even if not safe, but giving him an option to accept or reject the same..

2. I did notice the water jug symbolism when MJ mentioned. Water is meant for survival. And by showing utter disregard for something so essential MJ is probably wrecking his own survival in the future. It could also mean that, though MJ utterly defenestrates Antara, she, being the most essential survival tool could just be the cause of his loss and suffering. 

3. I LOVED how you related the ice melting to Rishi-Rudra. And that explains why MJ wants to keep them in check and control to ensure they don't melt and drift away. 

1. That's the great thing about symbolism! They have so many meanings. Yours is a good one as well. And if it is that, then Rudra is openly accepting that flood of emotions. His stance said as much.

2. That's just it right. When everything is over, MJ will realize that the person he actually loved and cared for the most, the one that was utmost important for his survival is Antara. There are going to be deaths in this show and Antara's is possibly one of them.

3. But that's just it. You cannot control ice. Ice can melt, ice can freeze, ice can hurt. Ice is the reason the Titanic sank. Ice is the reason that there are so many accidents on the roads each year. But ice is also the reason we stay cool in the summer. MJ is trying to control something that is uncontrollable to a major extent.

Minionite thumbnail

I think Maya's main aim is to destroy MJ, her vested interest is only him. She wants to destroy Rishi, coz he's MJ's son. And Rishi himself has proved that his identity starts and ends from there. Whereas, Rudra has his own identity. And therefore Maya wants to use that as a weapon. However, once the battle has ended, and the victor declared, weapons have no purpose and they are discarded.

@ Bold: Yes, but some weapons become an important part of history and the victor. In ancient times, kings would keep their trusty swords by them at all times. Their shields that protected them and helped them win battles would stay with them as well, many times even after death.

Rudra is a weapon, but is he so easily discardable? Time will tell.

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Beautiful post. Loved your water analogy. 👏

I must say the episodes are getting more and more interesting everyday. So Rudra has claustrophobia. Is that why he did not think about taking the lift before running to take the stairs? There might be symbolism lurking here connected to his past. When Rudra fell on his knees in the lift when Maya was advising him, it gave a direct Krishna-Arjun connection.

We saw two Mayas today. One who was liberating Rudra from his past, another who was binding her own mother (and herself) to the miseries of past.

Also there were three kinds of love running in parallel. Rudra's: One that is wallowing in the past, still suffering in despair, MJ's: Who doesn't even respect his life partner. He thinks she is only someone jiski kabhi-kabhi zarurat par jati hai. Rishi's: Pure obsession and ego boosting.

Looks like my posts are getting longer everyday. 😆

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: tournesol

Beautiful post. Loved your water analogy. 👏

I must say the episodes are getting more and more interesting everyday. So Rudra has claustrophobia. Is that why he did not think about taking the lift before running to take the stairs? There might be symbolism lurking here connected to his past. When Rudra fell on his knees in the lift when Maya was advising him, it gave a direct Krishna-Arjun connection.

We saw two Mayas today. One who was liberating Rudra from his past, another who was binding her own mother (and herself) to the miseries of past.

Also there were three kinds of love running in parallel. Rudra's: One that is wallowing in the past, still suffering in despair, MJ's: Who doesn't even respect his life partner. He thinks she is only someone jiski kabhi-kabhi zarurat par jati hai. Rishi's: Pure obsession and ego boosting.

Looks like my posts are getting longer everyday. 😆

@ Bold: I don't know if it was claustrophobia. He seemed fine when he got on the elevator. It was only when it stopped and the lights started flickering that he started reacting. It might have been his mind and heart reacting to the bad memories of seeing his girlfriend with MJ. And like Rudra misunderstood the reason for Maya's panic attack, Maya misunderstood the reason for Rudra's panic attack.

NamuVyas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

The whole elevator scene is actually the same as what maya went through when MJ came.. She too contained herself into a small space where as rudra gave his hand and pulled her out and she found solace in him.. But in turn when Rudra was stuck into his past pain, Maya did not comfort back but gave him the strength to fight that battle and open the doors and release himself.. the time he did that, he won his battle.. Maya still did not win hers but Rudra cant have two battles at a time.. for her he has to fight for her and only her.. 

The song and rain part was so aesthetically shot ❤️.. the title track has this haunting bg in the beginning which gives me goosebumps..with that rain bit it sat so well.. and Maya is Krishna.. she actually opened the gita and gave him her words.. and Maya is not that typical revenge of killing someone.. the wrong that each one did will kill them.. like she said karm hi phal hai.. their karm will take them where they belong..

Mj and Rishi are giving me similar vibes now.. MJ doesnt have any feelings for antara what so ever even after 30 years of marriage.. he doesnt have a ounce of feeling on his face saying that to her either.. she being there for him,  the only gain is his sons and diya may be.. rishi again for him it's all about his ego and controlling Maya now.. he hardly met her few times but he has decided that she has to be with him..he cant take being rejected and now his ego has already come fore..Rishi for his ego will go ahead to declare love and marriage only to ensure control over Maya.. marriage is a sense of control for both MJ and Rishi..  

The whole challenge was same for Rudra and Rishi to get Maya.. Rudra endured the physical pain and his ego did not come his way wether it was to sell fish on the road or get beaten up at the fight club or even hurting himself to save maya.. he was ready to let go of her for his self respect.. Rishi has none of those.. he doesnt have self respect, he kept calling her even though she did not answer his calls.. his ego to tell his friends that it was maya who loves him and then now faking his hand cut to get maya to meet him.. rudra did not need MJs name and he made his own..Rishi has to use MJs name to gain control.. 

Ananya Rudra were cute.. he actually values her friendship a lot.. sometimes we should just value the relationship we have than pushing it to get more out of it.. Rudra did not want her to towel his hair .. he doesnt like intimate closeness with Ananya.. but the words about Maya being a book was beautifully written and shivin did a great job in executing that bit..I had srk feels from dil toh pagal hai who was talking about his maya in that.. 😆

Precap looks like the epi will be dedicated more ro Rishi maya today..so I have less expectations..