Analysis Corner (Mar 31st Yeh koi saas bahu serial nahi hai link p.64) - Page 33

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DreamOfEndless thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hey Shreya πŸ€— Good to see your post today. Amazing points πŸ‘

I felt really weird when Rajiv addressed Nandini as Maa, not once but twice. Earlier only Maya was in Rudra's thoughts, now Rudra has entered Maya's as she revealed a part of her truth to him. I agree with your assumptions regarding her brother and dad. They could be alive or dead, we only need to wait till the box opens. πŸ˜‰

libran90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Minionite

Dec 27th - The Fun, But Realistic Lies

Tum apni zindagi se itna door bhag chuki ho ke tumhari khud ki maa tumhari help nahi le sakti - That's so true naa. And it goes to show the difference between Rudra and Maya. Maya can't help anyone, not even her own mother because she has gotten so far away that no one can bring her back. But Rudra, despite all his pains and hurt, is still around to help everyone and anyone. Anyone can turn to him and he'll do whatever he can to help them. It's also what will bring them closer together. Rudra will do whatever he can to help Maya and, in the process, it'll pull her back into the life she left behind long ago.

Khatam kar diya - I found the choice of words very telling. Maya didn't say that her father and brother are dead, just that they are "finished", like her. Hence the title, "fun but realistic lies". Whatever MJ did, finished Maya. It finished the old Maya and from that a new Maya was born. The same way, Maya's father and brother were finished as well. Maybe they are now with MJ, maybe they're dead, maybe they're actually in the US. But whatever it is, they are gone. The way Maya knew them, they are gone. They are no longer the same father and Manas she knew. In fact, everything Maya said there has two meanings. Uske bade gadi ke bade paayon ke neeche sab kuch badal gaya. Could mean that they were killed in an accident or that MJ's dreams were so big that they destroyed everything in its wake. Iss duniya se aapne aap ko chupa liya. It could mean what she was actually saying or that she hid the real Maya somewhere because she doesn't want to lose more of herself. She doesn't want to expose the real Maya to the world. The real Maya is hidden behind those closed doors, behind a strong barrier, behind a shield.

Real Maya ke darshan - Despite all her joking, Ananya isn't wrong. Even with her false story, Maya still revealed part of herself to Rudra. The part that is hidden in those dialogues. The words that can be taken at face value or whose deeper meaning can be understood. If Rudra understands the deeper meaning of her words, then he'll surely meet the real Maya, not the fake one that the world can see.

Rishi's obsession becoming something more - Is Rishi's obsession for Maya truly becoming something more or has he learned how to play the game that Maya is playing with him? He is MJ's son through and through. After MJ's simple reply to his question, Rishi has changed. Was that one answer enough to tell him that he has to play the same game that Maya is playing?

Rajiv - Rajiv confuses me more and more. He is quite close to Maya and Nandini. And sometimes he seems to be Maya's partner, other times just working for her. Sometimes I feel like he can deceive Maya at any moment for his benefit, other times I think he'll be true to the end. I feel that the CVs have introduced a truly unique character to the mix. With Maya, Rudra, Rishi, MJ, etc. we are able to bucket them and understand where they stand. But Rajiv - he's an enigma. It also shows in his name Rajiv - lotus flower. A flower that symbolizes what is divine in humanity, immortal. It symbolizes the potential of an individual to harness the energy that flows through the chakras. Is that Rajiv? Is he the flower that grew from the mud and holds a true promise of divine?

@green - Maya is far gone into her hate and revenge that it will take Rudra all his might to pull Maya back towards life and light. Mrityunjay has given her tremendous pain and his family has supported him by staying quite. She was innocent, and she suffered. To teach Mrityunjay a lesson he will not forget, Maya also has to deal a tough blow to innocent people - here being Rudra and Rishi. Both of them have to go through this trial by fire to either burn to the ground or rise above the flames and pull Maya out of her internal fire.

@red - Inspite of getting answers he was seeking, Rudra still was very impatient and restless - like there is more to the pain Maya has revealed to him. He is drawn to her pain - because her pain is related to family, just like his. He seems to be seeking a partner-in-pain and he has found it in Maya.

@blue - Is this Rishi's obsession? Who gets a kick by seeing someone burn their hands with coffee and light a fire on their bed? He is plain and simple crazy. How can someone portray him as naive? He is clever and crazy at the same time. Crazy for a sanki Maya and clever that she has played a game with him and Rudra.

@pink - Rajiv comes across as a good man - whose reasons for helping Maya are not just business, but personal as well. Rajiv considers Maya's mom as his, which shows that Rajiv knows Maya on a personal level. Rajiv has a personal grudge with the Roys as well. But as much as he wants to teach them a lesson, he does not want Maya to lose herself in this revenge or in her pain.

Edited by libran90 - 4 years ago
Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

1. I liked your analysis today! Especially the parallel between Rudra and Maya where Rudra still has it in him to be there for people. And that's mainly coz Rudra has retained the goodness in him, while Maya has let herself be overwhelmed with all the evil around her so as to wreak havoc in people's lives. 

Keechad ki saaf Karne ke Liye, us mein utarna padta hai. Maya's gotten into the mud to remove the mud that MJ is. 

2. Regarding your comment about Rishi wasting water/coke - I think that happened yesterday? I binge watched. Wasn't sure. That probably shows the difference in their core characteristics as well - if Rishi can't have something for himself, he ensures no one has it. If he couldn't eat or drink, he makes sure it's not left for anyone else's benefit as well. And that's something natural to him, it's his genetic characteristics acquired from MJ. 

But Maya's acquired negativity hasn't able to shake the core within her when she still saves what she can't have. What she does outwardly, is do everything like MJ coz she believes she needs to be like the enemy to fight him. But that's not who she is. 

3. Today Rishi- Maya (MaHi) engaged me a lot more than MayRa. When the show started, the tables were the exact opposite. With Rishi, Maya was completely fake, she was faking honestly, but her tears, her joy everything was an act. Whereas, with Rudra there were no lies and deception. There was just secrecy and duplicity. 

But today, what happened was the exact opposite. Maya put up an act in front of Rudra. A complete act that was filled with sedulous honesty, coz they were true lies. Just like her true lies with Rishi in the beginning. And her behaviour with Rishi was fake only to the extent of her feelings, the rest was probably real. Her passion, her emotional trauma, her sanak was probably just real. Or maybe, she wants to reach that kind of sanak and that heights of madness that it becomes a deadly weapon for her to cause destruction. πŸ‘ 

I kept thinking and saying Maya is overestimating Rishi's feelings. However, I didn't realise that by being this real, she showed Rishi a truth that overwhelmed him to the extent that he bowed down to her, quite literally. If he hadn't been in love with her earlier or isn't in love with her now, it's no longer fear that binds him to her, no longer his male ego that binds him, he is there knowing his inability to reciprocate the passion but someone who's in awe of that kind of passion.  

I am not rooting for MaHi or MayRa here, but as of now, I love the fake madness in the MaHi equation. MayRa equation as on date has become something simpler coz Maya believes her feelings aren't involved while Rudra's are. 

Rishi would be so bound to Maya because of her BeyHadh love that he'd never be able to get out of the web she's woven. 

4. Ananya. I don't know where the CVs are going with her character. Maya snubs her openly. Why isn't she reacting? Is she actually that confused? As of now, Ananya is the only character with no secrets - even Nandini has some secrets. Does she know about Maya being an author? Why is so desperate to forge the bond between MayRa? Idk. But Ananya's character is too straightforward in the scheme of things. And her confusion isn't too clear to me now. 

5. Regarding the year - 4.4.2011 - there are 3 fours. But she revealed only 2 of them. Is it coz it's a lie or a blooper? πŸ˜† Or is it 2+0+1+1=4? 

6. I still don't like Rajiv, idk why. Maybe he'll become better. 

7. So aerial yoga, Maya's writing habits, the Gita Shlokas are all officially gone. πŸ€” 

8. The precap IS KICKASS.  But I won't comment much coz it's still the precap. It wouldn't have been fun if Rudra had been the only one interfering in Maya's perfect plan. Rishi had to step up too. 

9. Also, Rishi's reaction when Maya slapped him was SO like MJ! Like OMG. Are they related or something? Like the actors. I applaud the actor who pulled it off SO Mind-blowingly well

Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: libran90

@red - Inspite of getting answers he was seeking, Rudra still was very impatient and restless - like there is more to the pain Maya has revealed to him. He is drawn to her pain - because her pain is related to family, just like his. He seems to be seeking a partner-in-pain and he has found it in Maya.

@blue - Is this Rishi's obsession? Who gets a kick by seeing someone burn their hands with coffee and light a fire on their bed? He is plain and simple crazy. How can someone portray him as naive? He is clever and crazy at the same time. Crazy for a sanki Maya and clever that she has played a game with him and Rudra.

I absolutely love the Rudra-Rishi parallel in the show and love it even more that now the tables have fully turned.  Regarding Rudra - maybe Rudra also feels connected to Maya, coz he's tried doing the same by shielding HIS Mom from the truth of HIS life that may shatter her? And when Maya said she's taken her Mom away to shield her and build their own small world. Rudra probably also felt guilty that despite all his efforts and his strength, he still hasn't managed to get his Mom out of the hell she's in, to a place where he can make a perfect world for them? These are just Maybes. May never be explored in the show. Just my inferences. Maya was clever, she knew Rudra is hiding something deep. And Rudra's voicenote made it clear as to how important his mother is to him. Secondly, a mother is anyway the most important person in anyone's life. It might have been an excellent deduction combined with a pointed guess. And partly the truth. 

Regarding Rishi - I was worried and still am, that for whatever reason they might venture the normal way, establish MayRa and sideline everyone else. As much as I like MayRa, I like the story more. I don't care if no one stays a couple in the end and everyone's dead, if that's how it is as per the story. So, giving some more impetus to Rishi was awesome. And I agree. Rishi's crazy too. He's not just naive. He's mad too. Which is a great point you highlighted. He's not just after any hot girl. And, each time Maya does something dangerous that's mortally risky to her, Rishi is pulled to her even more. It probably gives him a huge sense of power and superiority when someone's willing to destroy herself for him. When she cut herself, he was overwhelmed. When she was starving, it pricked him, when she sat with a fire around her, he saw Maya's struggle and by dousing the fire he also doused the fire of anger in him. Maybe it was her plan, but for him it was the biggest truth ever. What will happen on Monday is yet to be seen though.

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: Armu4eva

Good to have you postingπŸ€—

Just few random thoughts off my mind.. 

- Maya did use lies to appeal to Rudras softer side coz she knows he has some burden of pain. So she did tell a tale about real characters but it was still filled with lies. Imo she didn't need to do that. Saying someone destroyed my family leaving me to pick up the pieces & rebuild my life would have sufficed. Rudra has demonstrated his empathy both for Maya & her mom. I would have gone with the "her dad-bro ditched them and moved to us" but that phone makes me think that they actually are dead. 

- Maya creating a Lakshman rekha Or Sitas test by fire. This scene has many symbolic interpretations. Right from Maya creating a Lakshman rekha of fire to protect herself from Rishis unwanted advances or even Mayas attempt to purify herself after Rishis unwelcome touch. Fire is long regarded as a purifier. Hence the adage "trial by fire". In a way it is Rishis trial by fire and he showed he has grown little bit from that selfish brat who ran hearing fire alarms. He doused the fire & made tall promises to Maya. 

- Rudra.. This man has my entire heart and unless he has or he will do something to hurt Maya/any women, he will keep being my heartthrob. Such a clear conscience he has. He let his anger go and empathised with Maya immediately. He regretted his actions and unknowingly demonstrated his softness for her when he stopped wanting the ice cream coz Ananya took Mayas name. 

- The Precap: for me the high point of the episode. Who would have thought the four angles of this quadrilateral would meet at the same place so soon. The upcoming episode are going to be super fun. 

@ Bold: But giving just a basic story of "someone destroyed my family" wouldn't have been enough for Rudra. He needed to be told just enough to satisfy his curiosity and make him believe it was true and to draw him in further into her net. She did exactly that. With her story, she left him a basic and explicit story, but also left him enough of a trail to draw him closer if he reads between the lines.

@ Red: Yes, yes, yes! I don't know if they are tall promises though. Since the beginning, if there's one thing that Rishi has repeatedly shown, it's his ability to keep his promises. No one knows Maya's name yet. No one knows what she looks like yet. He brags about having a GF to his friends, but that's it. And despite not wanting to get married yet, he is willing to try to live up to her expectations.

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: libran90

@green - Maya is far gone into her hate and revenge that it will take Rudra all his might to pull Maya back towards life and light. Mrityunjay has given her tremendous pain and his family has supported him by staying quite. She was innocent, and she suffered. To teach Mrityunjay a lesson he will not forget, Maya also has to deal a tough blow to innocent people - here being Rudra and Rishi. Both of them have to go through this trial by fire to either burn to the ground or rise above the flames and pull Maya out of her internal fire.

@pink - Rajiv comes across as a good man - whose reasons for helping Maya are not just business, but personal as well. Rajiv considers Maya's mom as his, which shows that Rajiv knows Maya on a personal level. Rajiv has a personal grudge with the Roys as well. But as much as he wants to teach them a lesson, he does not want Maya to lose herself in this revenge or in her pain.

@ Green: That's what makes the relationship between Maya and Rudra so interesting, so intriguing. It's a case of yin-yangs, but also a case of similarities. Both have suffered - similarity. Both have taken different routes from that - yin-yang. Both have problems with MJ - similarity. Both have different styles of dealing with it - yin-yang. It's this yin-yang/similarity problem that they have to overcome to become one in the fight against MJ. Rudra has to pull Maya towards the light, but also has to be pulled towards the dark to walk side-by-side with Maya.

@ Red: Rudra is smart. I feel like somewhere he understands the hidden meanings to what Maya was saying or at least is trying to. He's also restless because, if he has accepted what Maya said at face value, then he made a huge mistake in not trusting her and he showed in the past few episodes that the only thing he wants is the truth before trusting someone. Now, even though someone was telling him the truth, he didn't trust her, which goes against his core belief.

@ Blue: Rishi was obsessed with Maya initially. But now I believe he's just as crazy as Maya. What suddenly made him change and call her his GF? Up to yesterday he was having trouble accepting Maya in his life so suddenly. I agree with you. Rishi is both sanki and clever. But is he as clever as MJ and Rudra or is just putting together 2 and 2 when they are laid out in front of him? Precaps can be deceiving and right now the precap makes him appear clever for connecting the dots himself, but what if he didn't?

@ Pink: At risk of sounding like I'm going against my initial points on Rajiv, I'm going to say Rajiv is a good man as well. But he also can't be taken lightly. He has the ability to see through Maya's facades, her moods, and her words. He knows what she's capable of doing and even though he sounds overconfident, I think that stems from the fact that he trusts her implicitly. Yet, I can't shake the feeling that if the CVs really want to twist the plot, they could make him backstab her and turn to MJ. Call it my cynical nature when it comes to Indian TV shows or just my overthinking, but I really hope this doesn't happen.

Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: Antara123

3. Today Rishi- Maya (MaHi) engaged me a lot more than MayRa. When the show started, the tables were the exact opposite. With Rishi, Maya was completely fake, she was faking honestly, but her tears, her joy everything was an act. Whereas, with Rudra there were no lies and deception. There was just secrecy and duplicity. 

But today, what happened was the exact opposite. Maya put up an act in front of Rudra. A complete act that was filled with sedulous honesty, coz they were true lies. Just like her true lies with Rishi in the beginning. And her behaviour with Rishi was fake only to the extent of her feelings, the rest was probably real. Her passion, her emotional trauma, her sanak was probably just real. Or maybe, she wants to reach that kind of sanak and that heights of madness that it becomes a deadly weapon for her to cause destruction. πŸ‘ 

I kept thinking and saying Maya is overestimating Rishi's feelings. However, I didn't realise that by being this real, she showed Rishi a truth that overwhelmed him to the extent that he bowed down to her, quite literally. If he hadn't been in love with her earlier or isn't in love with her now, it's no longer fear that binds him to her, no longer his male ego that binds him, he is there knowing his inability to reciprocate the passion but someone who's in awe of that kind of passion.  

I am not rooting for MaHi or MayRa here, but as of now, I love the fake madness in the MaHi equation. MayRa equation as on date has become something simpler coz Maya believes her feelings aren't involved while Rudra's are. 

Rishi would be so bound to Maya because of her BeyHadh love that he'd never be able to get out of the web she's woven. 

4. Ananya. I don't know where the CVs are going with her character. Maya snubs her openly. Why isn't she reacting? Is she actually that confused? As of now, Ananya is the only character with no secrets - even Nandini has some secrets. Does she know about Maya being an author? Why is so desperate to forge the bond between MayRa? Idk. But Ananya's character is too straightforward in the scheme of things. And her confusion isn't too clear to me now. 

9. Also, Rishi's reaction when Maya slapped him was SO like MJ! Like OMG. Are they related or something? Like the actors. I applaud the actor who pulled it off SO Mind-blowingly well

3. The thing with Maya and Rishi is that it's all been a facade up to now. A fake over-the-top game. Maya has been playing the exact opposite of who she is with Rishi. But now, to keep Rishi tied in, she needs to start revealing more of her true self to him. Because Rishi became infatuated with her, stuck to her because he liked the idea of bragging about having an older woman as a GF, but has no idea what that even means. Now Maya is showing him that older doesn't just mean sexier, but also that it comes with its own baggage. All of us, as we grow older, have baggage that we start to carry. If I was to look back at my university self from 8 years ago and myself today, I've grown as a person, but I've also got my secrets and my stories that I carry close to me. Stories that I wouldn't have even thought of 8 years ago. That's exactly what Maya is showing Rishi now.

With Rudra and Maya though, it's the opposite. Rudra has seen the true Maya in bits and pieces. Even today, with the lies, she still revealed a part of herself to him. But to keep him tied in, she needs to start revealing less and less and let him try to make sense from that.

4. I feel like Ananya has already understood that Rudra is getting attracted towards Maya. He can refuse it as much as he wants, but he is getting attracted towards her and Ananya is being able to tell that.

9. I didn't even bother commenting on that because it's true. His reactions, his thoughts, his words, his actions are so much like MJ. I remember reading a paper in psychology class and in it, the professor hypothesized that if there are 2 children, then one child will be an almost carbon copy of one of the parents, while the other will have characteristics from both parents. I forget if the hypothesis was proven right or not, but it applies here. Rishi is almost a carbon copy of MJ, while Rudra has some characteristics of both parents plus his own.

Minionite thumbnail

Dec 30th - The Three Rs

Not a big review, but a few comments on the three Rs.

Rishi has taken his first steps away from MJ and towards Maya. Maya has surrounded him without his even realizing it. He dresses up to go to work, is wearing a "rope", and even refuses to shake hands with MJ. Each is important in itself. Dressing up to go to work he calls Maya, who says that if he looks any better he'll have to be locked away. Foreshadowing maybe? Maybe he'll create trouble for Maya and thus will have to be locked away. He asks MJ to tie the "rope" in his neck. Will MJ be the reason for Rishi's troubles? Will MJ be the one to tie Rishi up or cause his death? Finally, Rishi retracts his hand before shaking with MJ. First Rudra and now Rishi. MJ has lost control over both his sons. Coincidentally, both left because of MJs. One because of Mrityunjay Roy and the other because of Maya Jaisingh.

Rudra is being affected by Maya. First, indirectly because of Maya, he saw Rishi take the first step to break away from MJ. For him this is a win because it means his brother will not turn out to be like MJ. But is that celebration too early? Secondly, Maya is on his mind now. But each time it was for the vulnerable moments, not any others. It was when Maya was the real Maya, not this fake one. And he can pretend all he wants that it is scary ones, but Ananya can read through him easily. She knows Rudra is being affected by Maya and he cannot keep denying it.

The Final R I want to comment on is Rajiv. The more I get to see him, the more I like him. But the more is revealed about him as well. He had a few seconds only today, but in it, I felt that he knows Rishi and Rudra just as well, if not better than Maya. His relationship with them is much longer and deeper than has been revealed so far.

On an unrelated note, I'm so glad that the CVs are showing the characters keeping true to their job. They showed Maya's first 2 chapters today. Could it be the first 2 chapters of her game?

desi344 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Rishi's also so changed towards Maya. Before the bed scene, Rishi was only infatuated with her, but now he is quite serious about her. Earlier, he was running away from her due to the idea of marriage, but now he is calling Maya and bringing it up himself. I believe it will lead to Rishi working at Ruan and writers setting up for Rishi vs Rudra. 

Edited by desi344 - 4 years ago
Minionite thumbnail

Originally posted by: desi344

Rishi's also so changed towards Maya. Before the bed scene, Rishi was only infatuated with her, but now he is quite serious about her. Earlier, he was running away from her due to the idea of marriage, but now he is calling Maya and bringing it up himself. I believe it will lead to Rishi working at Ruan and writers setting up for Rishi vs Rudra. 

That is true. I do find the change in Rishi a bit sudden. I don't think it'll be Rudra vs Rishi. Rishi might try to make it that, but Rudra seems too mature for that.

Edited by Minionite - 4 years ago