Fan Fictions

MG[FF]Maan Proposes Geet Disposes[Thread1/Note149]

jazzerette thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Maan Proposes Geet Disposes

Prologue

(August, 1980...)

The courtyard was abuzz with flurry of activities. Tents were being put up, rugs were being spread, sitting arrangements were being made, tables were being set for the food to be laid later, last moment cleaning, dusting and general supervising was being done. And a dash of color, omnipresent and alluring, stood out in all this chaos.

She was fluttering around like a busy bee. A moment she was here; and there in the next. Red salwar picked from pleats and tucked in waist, ankles bared to ease her movements. A lively kameez filled with patterns of flowers. Chunni negligently missing. Two plats. One swinging in front, mischievous and impertinent. One forgotten behind, melancholic but  swayed compliantly. Jhalli. And completely unaware of the spell she cast on everyone around.

Her appearance could not take away from the fact that she was a sight to behold. An angel. Soft tendrils that had gone astray from her otherwise tight plats engulfed her face. But even they could not hide her ethereal beauty. The rays that were tortuous to others, were adoring her creamy complexion with reverence.

She glowed as a full moon would on a dark night. But her own eyes gave her skin a tough competition. Bright, sparkling, enchanting. They shone with liveliness holding the innocence of her soul within. They let nothing out, only luring in the hearts of anyone who dared look in.

Her complete disregard to her looks and devotion to help her eldest sister in the family function was endearing and spoke volumes of the person she was. Simple yet divinely beautiful, caring, hardworking, a loving sister, an obedient daughter and a perfect choice for wife.

It was love at first sight for Savitri Swaroop Khurana.

She had chosen her badi bahu then and there as a single thought ran through her mind, "Captain Maan Singh Khurana, there is no escape now."

Edited by jazzerette - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jazzerette thumbnail

Index

Prologue - Page 1

(see post above)

Character Sketch - Page 1

(see post below)

Chapter One - Page 15

Chapter 2 - Page 22

Chapter 3 - Page 29

An Attempt Here, An Attempt There

Chapter 4 - Page 37

Promises and Expectations

Chapter 5 - Page 46

A Princess and A Soldier 

Chapter 6 - Page 54

Another Suitable Match?

Chapter 7 - Page 61

Destiny's Play - Part 1

Chapter 8 - Page 71

Destiny's Play - Part 2

Interlude - Page 82

The Heart of a Father

Chapter 9 - Page 89

Adamant Him

Chapter 10 - Page 99

Reluctant Her

Chapter 11 - Page 114

Together Them

Chapter 12 - Page 127

Secrets revealed; Truth realized

Chapter 13 - Page 139

The Aftermath

Thread Two

*********************************************************************************************

This is a true story of a couple I know. Whenever I heard their story, I always found glimpses of Maaneet in them, so much so that I felt like sharing the story with all.

But it is set in the 1980s. It would not have been feasible to narrate it in the present time as much of what happened and occurred would lack plausibility in today's time. The chapters are thus going to be detailed and stretched out, in the beginning specially. I hope to establish the characters proper so that the Why-s, When-s and How-s can be justified later.

So please bear with me till the story actually gets to the point of solely being Maaneet's, which is entirely not possible given the size and nature of their respective clans.

jazzerette thumbnail
Character Sketch

The Khuranas (in order of age)

Chaudhary Ajaipal Singh Khurana - A rich and influentional landlord from Chandigarh. A quiet man with a calm demeanor and strict principles. Built back his family's stature single-handedly after a being ruined in every sense. Married as per convention, but more involved in his work. Left most of the family matters to dealt with by his wife. Called as Darjee by one and all.

Savitri Swaroop Khurana - A proud woman who stands by the notion of upholding the family name in everything one must do. A matriarch who has brought up her children with every intent to further her ambitions and pride.

Nayantara Rajgir - The eldest born ofKhurana clan. Elegant, graceful and a loving sister. She shares a deep bond with her brother, Maan. Twenty eight years old and married to Devender Rajgir, an another affluent landlord.

Maan Singh Khurana - Age 24. A Captain in the Indian Army despite being the eldest son of a rich landlord family. Twenty-four years old, a man of independent thinking and firm beliefs. Strict in his principles, just like his father, he oftens comes across as a hard man. Loves his family a lot, but not the one to openly express. He idolizes his father but still to learn to reign in his temper when it rises. Fondly called Kakka* by his mother to his great irritation, there are many more issues on which he does not agree with her, to Savitri's great irritation.

Sashi Saberwal - Age 22.High-headed, vain and an outright snob. Resents Nayantara and Maan for the praise and adulation they receive from family, friends and acquaintances. Married to Romesh Saberwal, a very obliging husband, she got her name changed officially to Sasha believing it to be more modish. And in the same vein prefers calling Romesh as Romeo.

Tisha - Age 19.Idolizes her sister Sashi aka Sasha, to the extent that she too has had her name changed to Tasha, albeit unofficially. All beauty, no brains and picked the wrong sibling to emulate.

Yash Singh Khurana - Age 17.Apple of his mother's eye. A charmer, flirt, party animal but with a heart of gold. Finds his elder brother too uptight and boring but loves him a lot nonetheless.

Amrit Khurana - An obedient daughter, unassuming and reserved.

Iqbal Khurana - Fondly called Baby by the whole family as the real name was only of Maan's liking. The darling of her eldest brother and adored by all.

Vikrant Singh Khurana - Youngest and the most pampered son of the lot. Already showing signs of being a proud, competitive and arrogant boy.

The Handas (in order of age)

Chaudhary Mohinder Lal Handa - A war veteran, returned home with an amputated left leg while serving in the Indian National Army during the freedom struggle. Owns a small factory which makes spare parts for industrial machines. Also runs the family garage-cum-workshop. Hard-working, self-made but jovial, kind and large-hearted, he adores his family and dotes on his daughters.

Ranjeeta Handa - A devoted wife, dedicated mother and a loving personality. She stands by her husband in all his decisions, wishes and trials.

Nandini Singhania - Age 29. Married to Daman Singhania, a civil servant in Punjab's Education Deptt. Although settled in her married life, Mohinder Lal still feels guilty over the situation that she has been placed in after marriage.

Anwesha Pathania - Age 27. Always keeps aloof from her siblings and parents. Married to Arjun Pathania, a well-off business man.

Sameera Handa - Age 23. An extrovert, strong and determined individual with a fun-loving nature. If she got censured by her father for her pranks and practical jokes, she was also the he depended on for all the decision-making. Aptly named Captaan Sa'ab* by Mohinder Lal as she truly was his second-in-command in all matters.

Meera Handa - Age 21. A sweet adorable girl, always lost in day-dreaming. Often gets teased and scolded by Sameera and Geet, the three sisters share a deep bond of love and friendship.

Geet Handa - Age 19. The youngest of five sisters. The fairest, tallest and prettiest of all five, her beauty is not just skin deep. Her heart is as beautiful. Giving, caring, chirpy and a darling of the family. Protected but not pampered, she is called Kakku* by all. Enjoys painting with her father and Sameera with same passion and energy as she loves singing with Meera or taking care of her little brother Lucky. She does not open up easily but once she does she can not be stopped from talking non-stop. She no dreams of her own, only lives to fulfill those of her father. Her Sameera Di and Meera Di were her only and closest friends.

Lucky Handa - Age 05. The pet of all the sisters except Anshewa. His birth and the events that led thereafter hold a significance in the life of Handas.

*Kakka - Means little boy or in a spefic sense adored boy in Punjabi
*Captaan Sa'ab - Punjabi accent for Captain Sahib
*Kakku - Female variation of Kakka

I am first! Yipee! You've no idea how much satisfaction i get telling this. Muhahaha *looks at AGians and smirks*
Imagine me laughing in mogambo style. Hahaha.
Jokes apart..back to business do i need to tell you i fell in love with the prologue? And why? Because of Geet. The simple description..as i already told you this Geet is the epitome of beauty and i can visualize everything infront of my eyes. 1980! Hayye. Did i ever tell you my wildest fantasy? To be born in eastmen color zamana!! Yep i sound crazy but the thing is there's something beautiful about that period. Maybe that's why i love om shanti om(first half. Second half was boring. Also i worship deepika as shanti) and action replayy. And coming back to the story, if it is a real story as you said i tell ya it's very much like Maaneet? How do i come to a conclusion? Well cuz the prologue especially Geet's description was enough.
Ps:you know what am damn happy that finally i've something i can read before going to bed. Whoppiee!!
Edited by --Shika-- - 12 years ago
ambbiha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
interesting
add me in ur pm list
--Kesh-- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Another one... Another one... Yipeee... 🥳 [:D/]
-bansi- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Interesting...
add me in..!!
mechantefille thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wow - In love already hon... A man in uniform - hard to resist - now ...loads of questions emerging - but to be asked only post the 1st update - which I hope shall be soon.
love
Edited by mechantefille - 12 years ago
Serenity_me thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
congo behna on ur new ff🥳

well i know d real hero n heroine of this story😆...n iam already in love wid this ff😃 ...

1980;;aweee black n white zamana n beautiful geet😳...n i can imagine how mr captain fell in love wid his beautiful bride.😆,,n honestly i love real life love stories more than fictional one.

continue soon

N I want to dedicate this beautiful song to beautiful couple😃

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txv7RCe8DXM[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by SlovHanda - 12 years ago
jazzerette thumbnail
Originally posted by: kesha2412

Another one... Another one... Yipeee... 🥳 [:D/]

😃😃