Fan Fictions

MG[FF]Maan Proposes Geet Disposes[Thread1/Note149] - Page 91

jazzerette thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: mchopra

Jaz: wadhiyan jee...tussi eni chetti raazi ho gayi...na jee na..hole hole..warna mazza nahi aayeha..

Mere hath che nahi hai...true story remember? jo jo uhnane kitta si...so so main likhdi payyi haan..

waise pls is waale ka proper end dena..i rem last wali story mein i was scartching my head...
Your poor brainπŸ˜›...I assume you did not read the epilogue for that one...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jazzerette thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: deejayaqueel

oooh!! i like this Maaan... and Geet... 😳😳

Loved the fact that in 1980, Geet was questioning and ruing the fact that girls' consent was not really taken much into account and that Maan was taking it for granted that it would have been taken into account... both ahead of their times...

Also i loved the amused look on Maan's face at the end when she ran off in a huff... he really looks like someone who is a level-headed, no-airs-about-himself, solid guy who is not above enjoying a joke or two...

Have told you this before too Chhote... but really love the way you characterize your leads... makes you really look forward to the rest... surprising how much you start enjoyng a story just because you respect/ appreciate the ideologies of the leads...

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ 

Ustaad!!πŸ€—

They were different. That is why their story has become such an epic in their family. That is why I say they could easily fall into the molds of Maaneet ...the Maaneet you and I wished had remainedπŸ˜‰...

Thnaks for being here UstaadπŸ˜ƒ
jazzerette thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: aashluvsmaan

okies me just started reading..abhi bhi chapter 4 pe hu..so no comments till now..lolzπŸ˜›πŸ˜›

just savitri is such a stuck up...*****..,...but i guess therea u are talking about was harsh to women..πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
 Ouch
i am assuming ke sam ko dekhne aaye and geet ko pasand kiya..roja typesπŸ˜•

okeiss...waht had me in ROFLs..was ur comment over ROMESH...where u said u wont use the same colour for them...and he wont say anything..i laughed out soo loud at that oneπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
That was all I could say for the poor guy...🀣

me was alll agog at the strenous traing...

are u from army background like cinders??
Cinders?πŸ˜•  Yeah...my father is third generation fauji...and me too was a cadet in training...but resigned due to medical reasons

right now i am at tha snake eating fest🀒🀒🀒
Enjoyed?😈

btw..loved the relationship of sisters u have shown...geet n meera n sam..πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

u kno na i have a "special" corner for meeraπŸ˜†
Yeah... Glad to know thatπŸ˜†

jazzerette thumbnail
Chapter 12
Secrets revealed; Truth realized

(September 21, 1980...)
(Night, Handa Handa Haveli...)

Tu toh gayi! Teri shaamaat aayi Geet puttar! What was the need to open your mouth infront of Sarru? What if he complains to Papaji? She twisted her lips contemplating that scenario. Not that Papaji would scold me. Humph! Mere papaji hain! Not his! But Papaji will be disappointed na? They will say that Papaji did not teach his daughters proper manners. She groaned and turned over. She never had any problem in falling asleep ever. All you had to say was 'Geet, go to sleep' and she would be off. But then today was an exceptional day.

What a drama that Sarru is? Has he ever heard girls getting a choice in these matters? But naturally I will marry whomsoever my Papaji chooses. What is the point to ask me my opinion? As if it matters!

Nautanki! Pretending to be so considerate when his acts are so shallow. If he was that decent then why did he reject my Sameera Di only because of her looks?

She tossed on the bed and lay down on her stomach clutching the pillow below here. Uff! How will I spend my whole life with him? He doesn't even smile. The whole evening he sat as if someone has kidnapped him and forced him to sit there. And such boring tastes in clothes. Well turned out, but how old fashioned. Hayye rabba, mera kee hoga!

She shut her eyes tight to force all thoughts out and tried hard to sleep.

"Kakku?"

Geet felt the bed dip her as Sameera slipped in the covers from behind.

"Can't sleep?"

Geet shook for head for a no as Sameera hugged her from behind.

"Did Papaji talk to you today?"

Geet again signaled for a no.

"He will'tomorrow morning. But before that I want you to know something. Alright?"

A nod for yes and Sameera braced herself to acquaint Geet with some hard facts of their life.
"You know the truth about Nandini Di's marriage right? It wasn't an easy decision for Papaji to do what he did. To agree to marry his daughter to a widower and a father to a little boy must have been the toughest decision for him ever. But it was not be so. Tougher decisions lay ahead."

Geet turned to look at her sister with eyes filled with questions.

"Then it was time to find an alliance for Anwesha Di and with Di's classic looks it was soon that a match was suggested. And I am not talking about Arjun jiju. This was before him. Things went as far as engagement. All the shopping was done. Papaji was so happy. It almost made him overcome the guilt of Nandini Di's marriage."

Geet never knew of this. She was too young when Anwesha Di got married. "Then?"

"One month before marriage, a relative fo theirs came from Canada and came to see Anwesha Di. And the moment she found that we have no brother, that we are only five sisters, the marriage was called off."

"Hauu!"

"Papaji was devastated! He was completely broken. It is a social stigma. No one marries a girl who has been rejected in such a manner. That was when Nandini Di decided that if she gives birth to a boy, she will give him to our parents. Nandini Di has been Papaji's support in every sense of the word. It was a huge decision for her. And even more huge for Papaji to take. Had Nandini Di not forced and Daman jiju assure Papaji of his whole-hearted support we wouldn't have Lucky in our lives," she wiped Geet's tears which were now spilling freely.

"This is the reason why Arjun jiju is so haughty and high-headed. He considers it a favor he has bestowed on us. According to him marrying a girl who was once rejected and then knowing the truth about Lucky puts him on a pedestal. The pig! Truth be told he was smitten by Anwesha Di from the very first glance. But admitting that makes him feel less of a man. As if he is anywhere being one."

Sameera took a deep breath to reign in her temper. She caressed Geet's face and went on to explain, "Marrying a girl well is a dream of every father. Finding her a perfect groom is a matter of pride. Papaji has been through a lot. But every step he takes is for us. Nandini Di has made the ultimate sacrifice for us. For the rest of us to get married well and fulfill Papaji's dreams. We can't let it go waste."

"But'"

"I know you are angry at Khuranas and especially Maan for what happened with me. But we don't know for sure how things happened. Maybe they had their reasons. Maybe it was simply how Fate worked to bring the two families together. But they seem good people Kakku. And today whatever I saw, I can atleast say this that Maan is a man worth respecting. Compare it for yourself how Arjun jiju reacted after hearing about Lucky and how the Khuranas did. The way Maan did. Tell me truly if you have ever heard of a guy putting the girl's interests before him?"

"Pata nahi'"

"Jhalli, think about it properly. But sleep now. Okay?"

"Goodnight Di."

(September 22, 1980...)
(Early Morning, Handa Haveli...)

Ajaipal couldn't stop beaming at his soon-to-be samdhi. He was assured of a happy future for his son. Ajaipal did not need explicit words to know how his son feels. He already knew how impressed he was with Mohinder ji, how much he admired Ranjeeta ji. And how intrigued he was with Geet.

Ajaipal knew that nothing easily catches Maan's attention. It had to be something if it catches Maan's interest. And he was sure a girl had never ever caught his son's attention before.
They were back at Handa Haveli for breakfast before they left back for Chandigarh. The night was spent at Golden Temple's guest room, Ajaipal being a very religious man who never would give up the opportunity to visit the Gurudwara Sahib.

And this time he had every reason to visit the Gurudwara Sahib and thank the Almighty. 

Mohinder Lal was a proud man today. For the first time he truly felt that he has accomplished his duty as a father successfully. That this time he will finally be able to get at least one of his daughters to a perfect life partner.

And to add to his happiness was Geet's wholehearted acceptance of his decision. Till last evening he was of the opinion that Geet was only going through the ceremony and celebrations out of duty and obligation towards him. But surprisingly, today morning when he spoke to her he found himself assured by her of her complete acceptance of the match. She even spoke how much touched she was with the loving gestures of Savitri ji and how much she came to admire Ajaipal ji for his good heart. This was enough to calm Mohinder's fears and he swelled with pride and happiness.

If Mohinder did not wonder about her feelings towards Maan then that was merely because such matters were not given much consideration the social settings of those days. If the family was good, the son-in-law to-be  was naturally assumed to be a gem. And such matters were more of a concern of the mothers, who could command the ease in discussing a daughter's expectation from her future husband.

All he knew that he had for once been able to truly provide for a bright and safe future for his one daughter atleast.

It was an open courtyard stirred with cool breeze and fragrances of fresh flowers of their garden. On a day like this one would often find the Handa sisters dancing around out here. It was a day to be spent playing and laughing.

Not standing like a statue with Sarru Singh Khurana here, Geet mentally grumbled.

Last night was a shock to her system. She never knew such a grave crisis had gripped her family. She only knew that Nandini Di had given Lucky to them because she had wished to see her parents have a son. Geet had always found it odd, but then who was she to interfere in what the elders decide. Whatever must have been the reasons, must have been have well-thought out.

And turns out she was right. The reasons were compelling enough. Had she been in Nandini's place, even she would have done the same. As saddened she was with all that had transpired, she was proud of her family.

Her family, their experiences have been key factors in making her what she is as a person. Geet had never had any inclination to set her own standard. She simply followed the path that she saw her elders taking and believed it to be an exemplary way to lead life. Simple, honest and least expectations from anyone or anything.

And that how she will deal with this marriage of hers. Zero expectations. Babaji will set out whatever is best for her.

But before that she has to know one thing about this man with whom she was to spend rest of her life with.

Maan was finding his current situation very amusing and captivating. He was standing next to the woman, no...girl, with whom he was to spend the rest of his life.

Ankh main khamoshi, labon pe sawal, rukh pe sadgi
kaise kaise rang hain is tasveer main
[Ahmed Faraz]

They were sent off to see the Haveli with conniving smiles from both their parents. A situation Maan just wasn't comfortable with. Firstly, Maan just wasn't the kinds to gush over interiors. He could appreciate the physics of the structure, masonry and carpentry being his hobby subjects in IMA, but he wasn't adept in complimenting when a curtain matched the upholstery of the furniture. Secondly, it was just plain awkward.

Or maybe he could use this opportunity fruitfully. Yesterday was quite amusing. The girl whom he feared might turn out a mute, subservient female had actually turned out to be quite a spirited girl. In his perusal of catching her expression, he mistook it for meekness what was rather controlled resentment.

However, today was slightly calm. She wasn't simpering beneath her exterior like yesterday but still he could feel a disquiet emanating from her. Maybe he could clear whatever ambiguity clouded her thoughts regarding their future equation.

Or maybe he should give her time to open up at her own comfort.

He saw as she finally overcame hesitation and turned towards him with an inquiring gaze.

"I wanted to ask something very important," she let out in a rushed breath.

"You said it should matter."

"Your opinion? Yes."

"That is what you believe?"

Maan was completely drawn into the conversation by now, wondering where it was to lead, "Yes."

Geet wondered how to proceed ahead. "Umm...if you are that progressive in your thoughts'I mean if all this holds weightage for you...woh..."

Maan sighed seeing her stuck at the same point. "Bolo Geet?"

"Why did you reject my Sameera Di only based on her looks? Do you know she is the best? Even better than me! Skin color does not determine character," she grimaced at him albiet avoiding his eyes.

Is this what her resentment was all about? Did she not know he wasn't even involved with the whole bride-hunt craze his mother was set on? Apparently not, Maan pursed his lips.

"Geet, had I been the one selecting the girl I was to marry, it would probably have been your sister. But I was not that person who had any inclination to marry. I am simply the son who agreed to marry whichever girl they selected," he saw her frown at his words. "And you were the girl I was informed that they wanted as their daughter-in-law."

The truth of his words dawned on her and her strongly held prejudice against him started to slip away. Her mind went blank.

"Oh..."

"Geet..."

"Umm...I think Ma is calling. I have to go."

And once again she ran away as fast as she could.

Hey guys...sorry for the delay but I was stuck with loads to tackle at home. I hope you like this update, I have doubts if I have done a decent job with it. Lolz...the gap kind off turned of my flow with the story line. I guess I would pick up by the next update :)

Chapter 13 - Page 139

The Aftermath

Edited by jazzerette - 12 years ago
Tu toh gayi! Teri shaamaat aayi Geet puttar! What was the need to open your mouth infront of Sarru? What if he complains to Papaji? She twisted her lips contemplating that scenario. Not that Papaji would scold me. Humph! Mere papaji hain! Not his! But Papaji will be disappointed na? They will say that Papaji did not teach his daughters proper manners.
Geet is adorable. I told you zillion times and i have a feeling that you'll get bored of this statement. I better go and get a tatoo on so that i need not say it all over again.πŸ˜†
I laughed out loud at her sentence i underlined. She's an angel totally, a sweet girl, a responsible daughter at the same time a strong girl with her principles.
She agreed to the match. That's what her Papaji wants. But that didn't make her like that "Saru" a tad bit. I wanted to know about her thoughts particularly after Maan's decision of marrying her only after she completed her education. But I'm surprised to find that it didn't change whatever her opinions were about him.
Nautanki! Pretending to be so considerate when his acts are so shallow. If he was that decent then why did he reject my Sameera Di only because of her looks?

Nautanki??!!🀣
Seriously even her grumblings are too cute.
Sameera-Geet's conversation revealed the reason for adopting Lucky. I did find it odd before but the reason said what kind of persons Nandini Ji and Daman Ji were. The couple are truly one in a million.
And Arjun. I'm not talking about him. You see I have no inclination to discuss about PIGS.
Right. I said it. I feel better.πŸ˜†
Ajaipal ji already observed his son's interest. Hmm. Keen observer.
Now i understand where does Maan inherit this habit from.
Like father..like son.
And this also applies to the next generation in different context isn't it?πŸ˜‰
Geet as an awesome human being and this definitely comes from the upbringing. I love Handas.
Zillionth time.
Maan was observing her AgainπŸ˜†
Finally Geet asked him what she wanted to.
And that throws some light on the reasons for her silence and now Maan knows why is she upset. But the last paragraph captured my attention.

The truth of his words dawned on her and her strongly held prejudice against him started to slip away. Her mind went blank.

"Oh..."

"Geet'"

"Umm'I think Ma is calling. I have to go."

And once again she ran away as fast as she could.

I so wanted to stop Geet. I wanted to listen why Maan called her.. what was he supposed to say. But Geet being Geet ran away.

Geet strongly reminds me of Elizibeth of Pride and Prejudice while Maan, Mr.Darcy. Even though i found this coincidence a long time ago, this update showed it so clearly. Lizzy held a grudge against Darcy as well Misunderstanding him. Isn't it? And that happened here as well to certain extent and now that MU is cleared I'm more interested to read the next part than ever!

Edited by Cloud9. - 12 years ago
hamini_yash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awesm update. Good that her doubts were cleared this soon n nt draged forever. Keep going.
Aussiebabe thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
RES πŸ˜† ! 

I finally finally ended up reading your update Sakhi !
And wow that was one awesome update β­οΈ...hayee Maan ...thou he doesn't have dress sense but his character is so captivating...😍
Well done Jazz ! am truly impressed by your writing ... πŸ˜›

Edited by Aussiebabe - 12 years ago
TeamMcSwarek thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
LOOVED IT!
cont soon
thanks for the pm!
-bansi- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
That Arjun thinks high of himself...gadha kahika...😑 😑 😑
loved the way sam explained the situation to geet so that she cud understand...!!
ohh both of them meeting alone...n the conversation was regarding y they rejected sameera..!!
but jaise hi clear ho gaya geet ran away from there....
are baat to kar leti maan se...!! *sigh*
Awesome update..😳
Preethi-Premi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Marriage is truely one that happens betsween families and that is truly depicted by you!😊

I have met people who are like Daman and also like Arjun! Dont be surprised Jaz... You know con-incidences are not new for us!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I have 2 cousins who are married to similar people.
One of my cousins being dark in complexion yet very beautiful... She is married to someone like Arjun and even after like 15 years of mariage,still that Jiju behaves as though he has bestowed some boon on the family by marrying her... 😑

The one like Daman is the one who strictly took only my cousin and said NO to even a single rupee of dowry.. Till today he worships my cousin and palkhon par bitha rakha hai!😳

as you said, it depends on upbringing and parents!!😊
Edited by Preethi-Premi - 12 years ago