Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JayaBachan thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

^ To all of the above. You guys are breaking my heart again ruminating on the ending scene 😭. Gosh I was so outraged when I first watched the movie that I never thought how Sameer’s life continued after having his heart broken once again. Remembering the tadap tadap song makes it even worse. 

I honestly have never hated a character more than Nandini’s father. 

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

^ To all of the above. You guys are breaking my heart again ruminating on the ending scene 😭. Gosh I was so outraged when I first watched the movie that I never thought how Sameer’s life continued after having his heart broken once again. Remembering the tadap tadap song makes it even worse. 

I honestly have never hated a character more than Nandini’s father. 

Unfortunately I did try to picturize the life Sameer would’ve lived after Nandini left him for good and it didn’t look pretty...Sameer has only one old mom and Nandini but on the other hand Vanraj has an entire village of people backing him up...Sameer ended up being the ultimate tragic hero of the story(though I wish Salman enacted that last scene a bit more maturely and not make it look like he was pretend crying😆)..That’s why HDDCS is not a very happy watch for me just because of who Nandini ended up with letting her dad win in the end...The first time I watched, I couldn’t believe the ending...But over the years I kind of accepted it but this thread just reopened all those, er, sort of wounds...😆

JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Unfortunately I did try to picturize the life Sameer would’ve lived after Nandini left him for good and it didn’t look pretty...Sameer has only one old mom and Nandini but on the other hand Vanraj has an entire village of people backing him up...Sameer ended up being the ultimate tragic hero of the story(though I wish Salman enacted that last scene a bit more maturely and not make it look like he was pretend crying😆)..That’s why HDDCS is not a very happy watch for me just because of who Nandini ended up with letting her dad win in the end...The first time I watched, I couldn’t believe the ending...But over the years I kind of accepted it but this thread just reopened all those, er, sort of wounds...😆

Thank you for rubbing salt on the wounds 😆. I low key wanted to visualise an identical version of Nandini coming to earth and repairing his broken heart (since anything is possible in the world of fiction). Reality is that Sameer's mum is going to pass away and he is going to be left with a bitter heart with no one left in the world that loved him (unless he finds love again). He will grow to be an old man and will recall the olden days and the bittersweet memories of first love. Gosh he might even feel a whole heap of regret and self-contempt for respecting her fathers wishes and not eloping with her instead. I HATE WHAT THIS IS DOING TO ME RIGHT NOW . 

HAHA I totally agree. I re-watched the last scene on youtube for the sake of research purposes (for my debate here 🤣) and I was cringing at Salman's acting. But as soon as the 'tadap tadap' song played whilst he broke down in his mothers arms, I wanted to lodge my fist into the screen. I only watched the movie once and was completely left traumatised from the ending and vowed to the world that I'd rather die (quite dramatic) than re-watch this movie again. 

But like you, this post and the youtube clip from last night had me in depression mode once again - with a bitter anger towards SLB. 😆

Edited by FingerFetish - 3 years ago
Anjalika01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

The thing is, Sameer was portrayed as a perfect guy too, with not a trace of grey! It was made very clear that he truly loved Nandini as well.

The story could have been a lot more respectable if they showed some major flaws in Sameer’s character...

Like think of that film Dhadkan where Anjali loves Dev, but after meeting him her Dad sees that he’s a terrible person, so doesn’t give his consent for the marriage. Anjali accept her father’s decision then itself, and agrees to marry the guy chosen by him (no suicide attempts, etc.)

HDDCS is a much superior film to Dhadkan in most ways, but I feel this was a much healthier portrayal of a similar concept... 

If parents are able to convince their children of their choice and the children agree without being forced (like Anjali), then that is great... but if it becomes necessary to force, threaten, beat etc, or if the child is getting to a point of wanting to run away or even harm themselves....any decent parent would stop right there. 

Plus in Dhadkan Anjali’s Dad’s rejection of Dev was due to his bad personality, not just due to caste/status...

If we were shown that Sameer was flawed, and Nandini accepted her father’s decision in the begining itself without the suicide attempt, etc, then the story wouldn’t be so objectionable imo 🤷🏽‍♀️

NoraSM thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

DDLJ 

Not only that it was a light hearted romantic comedy but a very progressive movie where everyone came to respect the choice of Simran 

The scene between Simran and her mother where she asks him to run away with Raj as she can't see her daughter going through the life she has had, it's not often that they show a typical mother figure complaining about giving up on things she has wanted, sacrifice is considered way of life for women. In the end, Simran's father sees where his daughter will be happy 

HDDCS shows a father forcing a daughter who tried to commit suicide into a marriage and ultimately her father was right in doing so 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Aishwarya’s balcony scene is one of the most haunting scenes I’ve watched. Probably one of the best scenes she’s delivered 

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

DDLJ any day. It has its flaws but it's entertaining and a happy movie. Some bits of story are ridiculous but overall it turns out fine

HDDS is only good when Salman is on screen otherwise it's boring and annoying. The whole story is regressive and illogical

The song tadap tadap is very well picturised.

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

H D D C S any day over any romantic film ever.....

CuttingChai thumbnail

DDLJ anyday. Cant stand Nandini and Hawa ka jhooka Sameer. 

YourCat thumbnail

DDLJ... There can never be any movie made like that. Full entertainment and can be watched even now.