Watching the words - Nidoo's Index *Updated - Aug 15*

-Silencia- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago

Watching the words

There's a sentence in a little book called The Book Thief, which goes like this:

"She kept watching the words."

I think this is how I get inspired mostly to write. I don't sit at a place or plan, because I can't. I watch the words, the moods, the moments, the thoughts. And suddenly I get vivid images of the scene that is supposed to be playing out, I visualize and just copy it all down.

"When the words demand attention, they must be delivered!"

This is exactly how and why I end up writing on YHM even when I don't want to 😳 Not a lot of stuff, but quite some here and there. Do not miss them analysis posts, people say I write them well too 😳

Nidoo's YHM Writing Index

FICTION

ONE SHOTS

Family feud track: When Raman leaves the house with Ishita and kids, and later hugs her and cries. This is my take on his emotions, after every one has settled into the night.
1300+ words
Completed

Miscarriage: This is right after the moment IshRa come to know that their miracle baby didn't survive in the bus mishap. It focuses on both their first thoughts on receiving the news, and is by far, the saddest piece I have ever written.
1500+ words
Completed

3. Toppling the scoreboard - Surprise character
Sarika Track: Focuses on the emotions of a certain character during this track, why / how / what made her to take those decisions. It just explores the thought process behind certain actions, and does not judge them right, or, wrong.
1100+ words
Completed

4. And it continued - IshRaRuDiHu
Imaginative: This is a happy leap into the future of five lives joined together in the parent-child bond - Ishita, Raman, Ruhi, Adi, and Pihu. It's a sweet moment 10 years down the line that this little family gets to spend together.
Almost 3000 words
Completed

Post-leap: This is a scene immediately after those 7 years. Where Raman is drunk and hurt, and Adi is taking care of him, and they inadvertently end up talking about Ishita. A bittersweet experience.
1300 words
Completed

6. An orderly crash - Ishita
Post-leap: This shot dwells into Ishita's mind after she encounters Raman in a lift, for the first time after the leap, relaying her thought process as to why she chooses to go away from Raman, despite hearing how desolate he had been all these years.
Also as a special birthday dedication to a very dear friend.
1100 words
Completed

7. In your arms - IshRa
Post-leap: This is post the "kheench meri photo" and drunken madness in the hotel room, and takes us through Raman's thoughts when he wakes up in the middle of the night and finds Ishita peacefully sleeping in his arms, after 7 long years.
1100+ words
Completed

8. The Time to Heal - IshRaRu
Post-leap: Right after Ruhi rejects Raman and Ishita and refuses to come back with them. This is when Ishita breaks down and Raman realizes what is happening.
1200+ words
Completed

9. An old knot - IshRaRuDiHu
Post-leap: Just a normal day during the 30-day phase of 'Ruhi ke liye', that transforms into an unexpected loving family moment for these five people. 
1800+ words
Completed 

Post-leap: This story begins, where The old knot ends. It carries forward that plot and takes it off on a completely different tangent. IshRa get talking, and finish it together.
3000 words. 
⭐️ First one with a century of likes 
Completed

Post-leap: A beautiful, rain soaked IshRa moment that takes place right after the Raman-Romi fight, where Ishita is dressing Raman's wounds, and then they get lost in each other.
3100+ words
Completed

12. Who you really are? - Shagun
Post-leap: One of those moments when you try to delve into the shallower mind of the crystal lady named Shagun, where she's trying to understand the recent shade she's transformed into. A spoof, if you didn't figure that out yet!
Almost 1800 words.
Completed

13. Going Home - IshRa
Post-leap: When IshRa decided to marry again, sirf Ruhi ke liye, although deep in their heart, they did want to get back together for their own selves. This takes us down through how they eliminate the Ruhi ke liye clause, and Raman decides to propose her in his unique way.
Almost 3000 words.
Completed

Post-leap: After getting Ruhi back, this is a moment in time when Ishita and Raman are finally trying to get back into their old rhythm. He returns early from a work trip, she wakes up to serve him, and how they end up realising that their lives all these years were not a fairytale.
Almost 1900 words.
Completed

Post-leap: Continuing from where It wasn't a fairytale ending left, it is the continuation of IshRa trying to fit themselves in, in their old patterns and ways. After normalising the atmosphere, this is when they become too comfortable with each other and snuggle in each other's arms.
1800+ words.
Completed

TWO / THREE SHOTS

1. The night after - IshRa
C night: This was written while recovering from the magical C night and the morning after, while watching Puttar blow air on Biwi's face for the nth time. It encompasses both their thoughts after their first night together as man and wife. Full of love, gushing and happiness.
3 parts, almost 3000 words in total
Completed

2. The sorry tale - IshRaRu + AdiShagun
Sautan Saga: This was when Adi wanted Ishita to apologise to Shagun, and refused to come back home otherwise. I felt that the situations created could have been used in a much more powerful way, indirectly Ishita & Ruhi's place in Raman's life, to Shagun.
Incomplete / Stalled

3. Lo siento - IshRa
Pregnancy: This is before Ishita gets miraculously pregnant, where her reports state that she will not be able to carry a child for the full-term. It talks about how both IshRa's expectations crash, and how they overcome the grief with each other's support.
3 parts, about 3500 words
Completed

4. Aye humnava (co-penned with Anu - Anu_IshraDivan) - IshRa
Miscarriage: This takes off from after the intense rain scene, after Ishita's miscarriage. IshRa's support for each other, their love, and the beginning of their life from that moment on. It's a sensual, yet heart-rendering piece of fiction. Heart-rendering because of the situation, Sexy because PuttWi wet in rain 😆
3 parts
Completed

5. Dafa ho jao - IshRa
Confession: One of the most idiotically placed, unjustified moments of Raman's anger in the show, to which even Ishita does not retaliate properly. When he asks her to leave his house, after the Mihir-Rinky fiasco. My attempt to fix the mess up, logically.
2 parts till now. Raman POV + Ishita POV
Incomplete / Stalled

Post-leap: This is my take on IshRa's first meeting after the leap. It's an unusual style, in first person. Less details, more monologues kind of a presentation. It takes us through what goes in both their minds after they come face to face after 7 long years, during which Ishita was presumed dead.
3 parts, about 3800 words
Completed

7. Yesterday - IshRa
Post-leap: Weaving a beautiful dream of the family of Raman-Ishita-Adi-Ruhi-Pihu together for years, only to be broken by the harsh reality of today.
2 parts, about 3000 words
Completed

Imaginative: This goes on to imagine IshRa and their kids growing up normally as they would, and Ishita finding out that she's finally pregnant, at the age of 40. A funny yet emotional take on the entire situation.
2 parts so far, about 3200 words.
In progress

Scroll below for Reviews, Analysis and other posts.

Edited by -Nidoo- - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fSharm thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Congrats for the index dr..
-Silencia- thumbnail