The tale of two selfish mothers - Ishita and Shagun

-Silencia- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago
The essence of this show since the day it began - Motherhood, biological and just logical. Nature and Nurture. Becoming a mother, and being a mother. Today's episode, as the so many other amazing reviews suggest, was a poignant one after a long time. There were emotions, and words and actions enacting those emotions.

One of YHM 1.0's USPs was the conveyance of a person's feeling. In clear, simple, yet heartfelt terms. Whether it was Ishita yearning for a child, or Raman crying for being a bad father. Today brought it back in some form.

Seeing Pihu ask Ishita to stay away, her-Raman-Shagun forming the family that Ruhi-Ishita-Raman once were, and finally watching Ishita break down, was heart breaking. All kudos to the perfection called DT 👏 👏 👏 

Today highlighted a very important point in the show. Each mother is selfish about her child, it's the deepest layer of motherhood wherein lays the above and beyond of maternal love.

Ishita admitted that after meeting Pihu, she couldn't drag herself away. The kid had a magnetic pull. She was not just her reflection, she was also the reflection of another kid who gave her everything in life - her Ruhi. Pihu is IshRaRu personified. She admitted openly that she became selfish, that she couldn't stop herself from loving the little girl, that she wanted her child to be with her, that she wanted her child to love her back. She was a selfish mother to the extent that she could not do anything wrong for her. The said child's fear, and her word, and she could see nothing beyond her girl's happiness. Pihu wants to stay with her Papa and Mamma, Papa it is. No matter how much her heart breaks. No matter how much she dies inside. No matter how far will she have to go. But she has to go. And in her decision to keep distance from the people she loves, she includes her pain for Ruhi and her longing for Adi too, the kids she has not given birth to, nor shared her DNA with, along with her love for Pihu.

Shagun admitted too that she was selfish, that she didn't want to be separated from Pihu, that she wanted her daughter that she has raised to be with her. And so she started manipulating her daughter, taking advantage of the fact that Pihu loved her. She was a selfish mother to the extent that she put her physical presence over and above the child's best interests at heart. Had she really wanted to be with her, she could have told her about her mother and trusted her love that she has showered on Pihu for 7 years. After all, Pihu herself mentioned that she loved Shagun and wanted to stay with her and Raman. But alas! She chose what we all had been waiting for so long. In trying to keep her shallow self together, she only thinks about the two people who she thinks she fears losing. No mention of a supposed dead daughter, or a grown-up son.

P.S. Shagun's return to the greyland has me dancing even more than I danced on IshRa C night 😆 😆 The whiter than white shade had been blinding, and now I can see the colors again. I can see the birds and bees, and the flowers and mountains. I can see Puttar yelling a "Biwi ho tum meri" at all these places, and I can see Shagun being royally pissed off everywhere, and it gives my heart a lot of peace.

P.P.S. Not to invite brickbats, but for a small time unit, I did feel bad for Shagun. She really has taken care of Pihu all these years, and does not deserve to be separated from her on a bad note. If only CVs had the gall to handle it as maturely as I think 😕 

P.P.P.S. Irony of the day - There's a tiny justification (& empathy) for Shagun's deeds but not Puttar's 😲

P.P.P.P.S. I so BADLY miss my Puttar 😭 😭 ❤️
Edited by -Nidoo- - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AraBearxo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This is perfection, I have nothing to add it it. 
You're post had in me in awe, and then the P S had me shaking my head at you in pure adoration. 

Take up freelance writing, babe. You'll be so good at it. When you have time though, you know what I mean. 😉
Edited by -Ara- - 7 years ago
-Anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
That's a brilliant post Nids, I sat to write a post but I can't type anything for some reason. Maybe my head isn't into it. I will write a different post and come back to this topic when I am sane 😳 So un-reserving for nowEdited by -Anku- - 7 years ago
Zoyamalik2005 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Stunning write up Nidoo
I loved reading it. Loved it

My goodness my heart breaks for Ishita.
Yet again she is denied the right to be called a mother.  she still remains without her child. She is still barren.

Her genetic flaw has literally become a metaphor for her life. That is heart wrenching.
Edited by Zoyamalik2005 - 7 years ago
-Silencia- thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Ara-

This is perfection, I have nothing to add it it. 

You're post had in me in awe, and then the P S had me shaking my head at you in pure adoration. 

Take up freelance writing, babe. You'll be so good at it. When you have time though, you know what I mean. 😉

@bold - Your 😆

Out of curiosity, have you even seen the episode? 😆
-Silencia- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zoyamalik2005

Stunning write up Nidoo

I loved reading it. Loved it

My goodness my heart breaks for Ishita.
Yet again she is denied the right to be called a mother.  she still remains without her child. She is still barren.

Her genetic flaw has literally become a metaphor for her life. That is heart wrenching.

@bold - You nailed it there Zoya! 👏

Literally or figuratively, she's been left barren. The moment her dream breaks and she notices her empty arms hugging an imaginary daughter around her stomach, it is as symbolic as it could get. 

The irony is that the following statement holds true for both Ishita and Shagun:
The mother who always was, the mother who never would be.
sunitas123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Amazing post Nidoo. It was a heart wrenching episode - Ishita touched me deeply. The hurt was so deep. Sad that a good soul like her deserves only pain. And it ikrs me when she is even compared to Shagun!😕
traveller_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Ishita's breakdown was heartwrenching and DT nailed the scene.
Awesome writeup 
-Silencia- thumbnail

Originally posted by: sunitas123

Amazing post Nidoo. It was a heart wrenching episode - Ishita touched me deeply. The hurt was so deep. Sad that a good soul like her deserves only pain. And it ikrs me when she is even compared to Shagun!😕

The point of my post was not to compare Ishita with Shagun (or maybe it was in some way 😕) but to analyse the two mothers, as shown in the show. Both the mothers were crying for their child, and claimed themselves to be selfish for her. But the real test was whether the selfishness was for the child, or their own self. 

Here was one mother, who could see her child being scared of her and decided to let go of the only point of peace in her life. And there was another, who herself got scared of the child going away, and decided to use the same kid to safeguard her own interests.

I'm glad you liked the post. Ishita's hurt was 😭 😭 😭 I have no words. I don't think even Raman's words left such a big impact on her than Pihu's.
-Silencia- thumbnail

Originally posted by: traveller_girl

Ishita's breakdown was heartwrenching and DT nailed the scene.

Awesome writeup 

DT is epicness personified 👏 👏