Aditya Raman Bhalla - The Lost Boy *UPD - Link to episode review*

-Silencia- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
* UPDATE *

A lot of people seem to think this is a review thread, which it is not 😳 

This is solely about Adi - his journey from where he was a year and half ago, to where he is today. The progression of his character graph and his growth into one of the emotional anchors that he has proven to be today 😳 😃

My detailed take on the entire episode - All scenes included (IshRa, Precap, Toshi-Sarika-ACP) - is in another thread here.

----------------

I wrote a part of this in today's review thread by Akanksha (gravity23), but then thought this deserves a post of its own. Its about Adi, the boy Raman pined for, the boy we all hated, the boy who has come so far from being his biological mother's shadow that now I feel happy he's a part of IshRa's family.

I always felt IshRaRu were a single unit, because they've always been so. When Adi came back to Raman and decided to stay in Bhalla house, when he became friends with Ishita, when he called her Ishima, I saw those as signs of progression in his character sure, but never could make him a part of IshRaRu in my mind, despite having cute family moments. But today, Adi became a part of this single unit in such a beautiful way that it touched my heart. The unit is now IshRaRuDi in all senses.

Aditya Raman Bhalla:

Adi is the one who suffered the most because of Shagun-Raman's divorce. Had he been as young as Ruhi, he would have been moulded in a single pattern. Had he been older, he would have been able to manage his thoughts. He was a small kid when his parents separated, but not as small as to not recognise his father, or fall prey to his mother's tears. He was brought up in a joint family with certain ideology for the first 4-5 years, and then with some other ideology but lots of material possessions for the next 6 years. He disrespected his father because his mother taught him so, he found a new father. AND then, he was betrayed brutally by the man he considered his dad. AND then figured that his real dad wasn't that bad. But by then, there was no place for his mother in his father's family, or his heart. Imagine a child spending the first 10 years of his life the way he was made to. Its terrible, hence the psycho ideas and psychological impact later when he came back to Bhalla house. Add to that the swapping story by his own mother. Then the fire accident. This boy has suffered even more than Raman, I'd say.

Adi - Ishita Relationship:

He was always Ishita's second child, Ruhi always came first for Ishima, because she was the child that made her a mother for the very first time. Similarly Ishita was always Adi's second mother, Shagun always came first for him. She brought him up, and she did love him very much. Even after Adi had come to Bhalla house and accepted Ishita as his Ishima, the bond that Ishita-Ruhi have, or Shagun-Adi had was missing. I always felt that when Ishita gets pregnant, Ruhi would get ecstatic, but Adi will become uncertain, uncertain about his place in the family, uncertain about his importance in Raman's heart, uncertain about his priority in Ishita's life. And the only person who could remove his uncertainty was Ishita. Only she could tell him what he meant to her.

The Adi - Ishita scene today is one of the best mother-child scenes in YHM, including the one with Raman - Toshi and numerous Ishita - Ruhi scenes. The fact that he owed up to her about his feelings - his negative thoughts about the baby, his doubts about her love, his pain - showed how much he has experienced in his short span of life, and how much he loves and trusts her. His asking her to promise him to love him forever was an authority over a woman he hated initially, but now has come to whole-heartedly accept her as his mother, despite loving Shagun even today. I loved how Ishita explained her love to him as well, how she put him and Ruhi on an equal footing today. True, for her Ruhi will always be special, in the same way Adi is more special to Raman. That doesn't mean she can't love him equally. I loved how she acknowledged to him, and herself, that this new baby is her THIRD baby, because she already has him and Ruhi. I loved how she shared with him the taunts and the miseries she had to go through when she couldn't be a mother. Ruhi has seen her go through that phase multiple times, but Adi hasn't, and so it was important to tell him that even for her, he means a lot because he became her only son.

It was one plot that I desperately wanted to see in YHM and it got fulfilled so beautifully, and so realistically these past few days that I felt like crying. And the entire credit goes to Gautam for this 👏 👏 👏 DT, we know, is a super actress, esp. in emotional scenes. But Gautam stole my heart in this plot. He has come a long way ahead, and, at the expense of sounding like his mother, I kind of feel proud of him 👏 😃 😆 😆

Adi - Raman Relationship:

There was a father, who yearned so much for his son, that he asked his wife to apologize for no fault of hers, that he neglected his daughter while lost in his memories, that he bore his wife's insult in his own house just so that his son could stay with him. It hated him to do all those things, but he did, in the hopes of hearing 'Papa' from his first born. Then there was a boy who hated his father, left no stone unturned in disrespecting him, who believed his mother so much so that despite staying in his father's home with his paternal family, he believed him to be a liar. These were 2 unique individuals, tied by blood, yet far apart.

But today, I saw a REAL father and son moment. Teenage son, perceptive enough to understand his father's anger by his behavior, responsibly promising him to take care of his mother and his yet-to-be-born sibling, communicating via his eyes & expressions to control his anger in front of his pregnant mother. Worried father, treating his son like a friend and cribbing about his mother's carelessness to him, like he would to his brother-cum-confidante, understanding his son's concern and hugging him thankful for his love, lovingly promising him not to lash out on his mother. 

Today I saw the son Raman longed for, the one who would be his shadow in the future, who would step-up when his family needs him, and take care of everything and everyone around, just like his father. Today I saw the father Adi always needed, the one who would treat him as an equal, the one who would confide in him as his friend, the one who would trust him with responsibility and guide him every step of the way.

How far have these two come from those hateful days!

Adi - Ruhi Relationship:

A boy who never met his little sister for the longest of time, who never cared for her feelings, who considered her stupid and not good enough even to play with, who taunted her in school with the horrible newspaper reports

TO

A boy who felt disheartened when his sister didn't tie rakhi on his hand the first thing, who knew what his sister liked and how much, who wanted to buy her a gift from his own pocket money, who felt so relieved at her liking and accepting the gift.

How he made me wish today I had an elder brother like him!

Adi has done some real weird things in the past. His feelings have been tossed around everywhere like they didn't mean anything. He has lost family multiple times. And then, he emerges stronger than ever. I believe this is one character that has shown maximum growth in YHM, and Gautam is the one who has brought Adi to life, even when we hated him, even now when we're liking him so much.

Kudos to Adi's journey and Gautam's portrayal of the same! 👏 👏
 👏 👏 👏

THIS is what is called realistic progression. He went from being a complete spoilt brat to scared to spiteful to mellowed to hopeful to trusting to insecure to lovable to responsible 👏 👏

(P.S. I wish they showed the same trajectory with Shagun's character, and I'd have whole-heartedly accepted her transformation into the saint she's now.)
Edited by -Nidoo- - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mayasun thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Hi Nidhi, 

Sorry for updating this late.

Nice analysis on Adi⭐️

My take on Adi run along the same lines but I have a few more things to add.

I totally loved the yesterday episode  but won't  gush about how Raman kept his hands on Ishita tummy and was talking to the baby I so wanted the scene to air and a kiss on the tummy too but I am happy with what I got OOPS sorry this thread is about Adi and I got carried away SORRY I can't help it when it comes to puttar

I will take your cue and write accordingly.

Adi: 

I agree totally with you that Adi is the one who suffered most in his childhood. He was the one who was manipulated and used according to suit the needs of the people he was with. He was abused mentally and emotionally by the people he knew. 

Adi has kind of grown on me he has come a long way for me from hating him initially, then feeling sorry for him, hating him for turning into a pyscho villain, feeling sorry for never be loved and finally finding his place where he is now accepted. 

Adi/Shagun:

I slightly disagree with you Adi was never in a joint family before when he was a kid. Shagun lived alone with Raman away from Bhalla family as she instigated Raman against his family and his father was not in talking terms with Raman. Shagun manipulated Adi against Raman because she wanted a hold on Raman to come back if things didn't work out for her with Ashok and if it did she didn't want to release her hold on Raman because she knew Adi was Raman weakness so she poisoned his mind against his father. Adi idolized her so he even restored to framing others, harming himself, making others dance to his tunes just to see her smile but he was brutally betrayed by her when he came to know he was always a commodity to be traded for higher value even today he still has feelings for her as a mother but doesn't blinding trust her as before which shows he is finally getting good values in life.

Adi/Ashok:

Adi always looked to Ashok as a dad because that is what his mom taught him right from young age but he found out the truth about Ashok during Shagun/Ashok marriage it literally stumped him that Ashok never really loved him he was always a tool to destroy Raman and when Adi found about that he was shattered feeling there was no one in the world for him except his mom that is when he seized being a spoil brat and took it upon himself that he has to provide for his mom needs that is when he seized being a child and become an adult trying to destroy Ishita life so that his mom needs will be taken care of

Adi/Param:

Param used Adi to harm Ishita when Adi found out about that truth he was confused for the first time in his life which was right and wrong  and when he was trying to find answers to the question Raman blasted him off which made him more afraid of Raman to open up to him that is when I felt sorry for him for the first time that he is the one who is so affected by the adult mess.

Adi/Ruhi:

It is nice to see how far their relationship has come from initial hatred towards Ruhi he is becoming protective of her during her cycle training. I guess he always hated Ruhi for being with his dad somewhere in the corner of his heart may be he thought Raman would fight for him and when that did not happen all the hatred got transferred to Ruhi so he did not leave a stone upturned to hurt Ruhi.  His change in equation to Ruhi was gradually shown from he moving into the Bhalla house and especially after the child swap. This Rakhi was beautiful he was so upset with her that she did not tie Rakhi to him first and when he said he liked to buy the gift from his pocket money I felt how much this kid loves his little sister

Adi/Baby:

Adi was happy when he heard the news for the first time about the baby but the surrounding made him doubt that once again he will lose the love he found in his family after a lot of  struggle but even when he was suffering when the time came he stepped up and the first question he asked was whether the baby was fine when they had a near miss with the car stole my heart even with all his insecurity about the baby he acted like a big brother.

Adi/Family:

Adi is slowly learning to be part of the family and he is learning that his family loves him a lot and whatever his mother told him is not true.

Adi/Raman:

Adi was Raman weakness he would do anything for him Shagun and Ashok exploited this weakness by manipulating Adi to do their bid to hurt Raman even though he knew it came from Shagun/Ashok Raman did everything to fulfill Adi wish even though it hurts his family. He stood as a shield to protect him from the law going against his family breaking the small trust which was is in the making with his new wife but once he realized that the same love would turn his son into a criminal he opted for tough love and tried to teach him good values whenever he could even though he knew that his son would hate him more for this.

Adi was hurt that Raman didn't fight to keep him with his family as he did Ruhi and he was also easily malleable by Shagun who didn't leave a stone unturned to instigate him against his father. Adi slowly started seeing the good in Raman when he stayed in Bhalla house and when he asked whether he has to go during Rinki marriage fiasco showed how much he started respecting Raman.

In a sense Adi/Raman are same they always keep what hurts them inside they never reveal it to a third person but luckily for them they got Ishita who never leaves a stone unturned to see what hurts them and brings them out of their misery.

Yesterday scene with Raman was super Adi acted as a shield for his mother against his father rage and his father understanding the unspoken question in Adi eyes promised him he would not shout at his mother was subtle at its best by CV.

Adi is slowly turning into Raman taking care of other needs without them asking him of anything.

Adi/Ishita:

Yesterday when Adi said that when the accident was supposed to happen he realized he loves Ishita the most that triggered me to write such a long post. Why does he love Ishita the most than his family because everyone I have mentioned above loved him because he was family or used him as a tool to hurt some one but Ishita is the one who loved him unconditionally even without any ties.

She was the one who opened the door for him into the Bhalla house so that he could connect with his papa, sister and his family.

She was the one even though he tortured her never complained about him but always showered love for him

She was the one who for a second did not even think before coming into danger to save him even though she was hurt at time.

Adi realized her selfless love from her and caring nature and accepted her as his mother. The talk that he would be treated as a step-son when her baby is born took me to the day when he taunted her for being a step-mother how far he has come that he cannot even bear the news he will be treated like a step-son and Ishita opening up to him saying that she feels only complete with both Adi and Ruhi and this would be their third child was nice to see.

He is slowly learning that a mother is always their to meddle in your life if you need it or not.. He likes her caring and meddlesome nature just like his father even though both complain outwards that she is a bother both enjoy her love secretly.

So Adi saying he loves her most in the world is true because she is the one who opened doors for him to feel like a family.

Anyways I have finished my long lecture hope I did not bore you guys with this and hope it kind of made some sense to you.

Gautham has portrayed Adi character very well kudos to him and his acting skills have improved a lot.👏👏

Edited by mayasundar - 8 years ago
sidivyapall thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nidoo!

Beautifully written! It was a pleasure watching Gautam on screen today and in the past few episodes. I still remember the days when I couldn't stand Adi or, and I hate to say it, Gautam's portrayal of Adi. I feel that Gautam's growth as an actor mirrors that of Adi's in terms of character progression. The IshAdi scene (s) today left me awestruck, not because of the writing but because of how the emotions just emanated from both the actors involved in the scene. The doubt, hurt, relief, and comfort were all too palpable.

And I TOTALLY agree with your post script about Shagun and I genuinely mean this. I didn't always want to hurl sharp objects at Shagun every time she made an appearance on screen, there was once a time when I genuinely empathized with Shagun Arora.

A little short on time now, so I skimmed over your write-up. Hopefully, I'll read thoroughly later and try to come up with something more meaningful to reply! 😳 🤗
Edited by sidivyapall - 8 years ago
ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Thank you for this beautiful beautiful write up Nidoo ! 😳
-Silencia- thumbnail

Waiting for you to Unres soon Maya 😳 Would love to hear your thoughts 😃
-Silencia- thumbnail

Originally posted by: sidivyapall

Nidoo!

Beautifully written! It was a pleasure watching Gautam on screen today and in the past few episodes. I still remember the days when I couldn't stand Adi or, and I hate to say it, Gautam's portrayal of Adi. I feel that Gautam's growth as an actor mirrors that of Adi's in terms of character progression. The IshAdi scene (s) today left me awestruck, not because of the writing but because of how the emotions just emanated from both the actors involved in the scene. The doubt, hurt, relief, and comfort were all too palpable.

And I TOTALLY agree with your post script about Shagun and I genuinely mean this. I didn't always want to hurl sharp objects at Shagun every time she made an appearance on screen, there was once a time when I genuinely empathized with Shagun Arora.

A little short on time now, so I skimmed over your write-up. Hopefully, I'll read thoroughly later and try to come up with something more meaningful to reply! 😳 🤗

Sai 🤗

@bold - Truly said 👏 He's become so much more refined with his portrayal as Adi now, that I connect with him more than I do with Ruhi these days (some credit also goes to the way they're making her behave).

@red - Even I did. Her character was real if nothing else, and then they took paint brushes and since they understood only 2 colors - black and white, painted her so.

Yeah I tend to pen down novels when I begin writing posts 😆 But you skimmed over Puttar's part? 😲 Ought to come back soon and reply 😆
-Silencia- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Badtameez_Dil_1

Thank you for this beautiful beautiful write up Nidoo ! 😳

You're welcome Umeirah 🤗 Won't you add anything? 😳
ChanChanMan thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Nidoo-

<font face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're welcome Umeirah 🤗 Won't you add anything? 😳</font>

After this impeccable write up; I'm speechless!

But that IshRa scene ... just to watch that ONE scene I watched the entire epi all over again! I'm thinking about a third watch!

As for the precap, I think Manoj shouldn't have intervened!

Ah & Ishu's getting a sonogram so I was hoping for some of those moments!
ChanChanMan thumbnail
As for Ishu... this baby... it's all happened so soon that she really hasn't been able to register it fully... not that she doesn't care but she'd left any hope and now that it's finally happened... it'll take time to sink in!
ChanChanMan thumbnail
Ever since Ishu found out that she couldn't be a mother... people have hurled many taunts at her!

Whether it was Subbu's mother or even Mummyji! Perhaps that's why this notion had sat in Ishu's mind that being "pregnant" is an obligation! It's to give a family their "heir" ...

I believe that's the reason Ishu says that the family has alot of "expectations" ...

That mentality, I guess stems from her previous inability to "give" an heir ...

I really don't know how much sense I make but this "take" of mine comes after watching the "IshRa" scene 4 times!

Please do tell me what you feel Nidoo! I really wouldn't be surprised if you disagreed!