17.09.2015 When LOVE challenges GOD * Updated about IshRa *

-Silencia- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Ever since I read the LU this evening, I had been itching to watch this episode so much so that I couldn't concentrate on work. And now finally when I have seen it, I'm in a turmoil, should I laugh, cry or just be amazed. I think I'll go with the last option.

Less important scenes of the episode first (so that I can dedicate the rest of the post to the most important moments 😳)

Simmi - Rinki

Rinki is goofing around. Maybe with her Australia returned ex-boyfriend? Any which way, there's something supremely fishy about her, and I can't shrug off the feeling of distrust. I'm sad Simmi has recently been reduced to a side character. What happened to her being independent? Would have loved to see her struggling, and standing on her own feet 😊

ACP - Ishita

I get it Ishita is trying to get Ashok behind the bars, for any wrong doing that he might have committed, in order to help reduce Raman's guilt. But will it really reduce his guilt? (As Raman tells her later, it won't.) Besides I don't get it, why hasn't she been able to understand the creep yet. Why does she need to provoke him at all? She knows what sort of a cheapster Ashok Khanna is, she also knows to what extent he can go to destroy their happiness - The recent example being the entire bus incident. Her entire family was at stake, she lost her unborn child, yet she's again poking fingers in Ashok's work. Knowing the kind of man he is, it'd be stupid to assume he won't come back for this. Why can't she keep her involvement hidden, I don't understand. During the license track, when Raman had smeared cake on Ashok's face, she was the one asking him not to such things, because Ashok / Suraj would come back and take revenge. She seems to have forgotten her own advice here.

However, I kind of do get why she wants to get him punished anyhow - because she does not want to see Raman in pain. But then, going by the past track record, she could have taken some other route to accomplish this. I'd rather see her punish Ashok with this much desperation as a mother who has just lost her child first, and then as a wife whose husband is hurting.

I don't know, maybe I still don't connect with her because she's shown no emotions whatsoever with respect to her miscarriage. More on this, in the later part.

Suraj - Ashok - Raman

As someone mentioned in the LU, Suraj is Ashok's mother πŸ˜† Ashok is the creep who believes in creating spectacles (and falls flat sometimes because of them). Suraj, however villainous, believes in doing things from behind the back. Also, he's very much concerned about their image and their business, which Ashok seems to discard. He still has some sense, and tries to stop from creating a scene, but Ashok is so much in love with Raman that he just can't help himself πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Anyway a lot of people seem to be pissed off at Raman. Why does he still get affected by Ashok? Why can't he let go and move on? And so on and so forth.

I kind of get where he's coming from. The kind of pain that Shagun and Ashok have given Raman is of an unprecedented level. The wounds heal, but the scars always remain, however faint they may be. And to be honest, Raman has always believed this man to be the source of change in Shagun. That doesn't discard the fact that Shagun was so shallow that she got lured by Ashok, but for Raman, Ashok's to be blamed first, and then her. For him, Ashok is the man who ruined his happiness, and broke his family apart, and he could not save it. Now he is back in a happy place again, but Ashok refuses to change. Right now, Raman is worried and hurt. Ashok's questioning Raman's manhood hits a raw nerve again, because (1) he himself is already feeling guilty, (2) he is a hot-headed man with an ego, (3) his capability as the protector of his family is being doubted upon, and (4) his wife has been named as an infertile, incomplete woman once again.

Years ago, when Ashok broke his marriage, Raman could not protect his family. Now again, Ashok has raised the same question, although with a different context. Add it to the fact that he was already lamenting over the loss of his unborn kid, feeling guilty for not being able to protect his wife, grieving over her becoming incomplete again, and taken aback by her non-reaction.

How does a person feeling so much, not get affected by his arch enemy's words on his personal life?

Raman - Ishita

RAMAN KUMAR BHALLA:

Here is a man, a father who has just lost his unborn child, and, a husband whose wife's biggest miracle of her life has been snatched away. Unable to understand what happened and why, he is just lost, drowning in his guilt, trying to cope up with this pain.

When another woman as his wife had huge dreams about her life, which he was unable to fulfil, she left him, leaving him broken and angry, and took his child with him, his first-born.

Years later, he found his soul-mate in this wonderful woman, the perfect wife and the most amazing mother. She was about to experience the miracle of her life, but his past intervened, claiming the life of his unborn. Once again, his wife's dreams shattered, and destiny took his child with itself, this time, never to return it back. With his track record, he has never had pure happiness without a bigger demon overlooking his shoulder.

He feels like a broken man today, a defeated husband, and a failed father, taking the blame upon himself. Had he reached 2 minutes ago, his wife wouldn't have had to risk her life, his kid wouldn't have had to die, and the circle of these vicious thoughts refuses to leave his being.

He's an angry man, angry at GOD, for punishing him all his life, and more so for punishing HER for his faults. Earlier when people taunted her, he used to get mad, but it was an accepted truth, hence couldn't do much about it, despite it paining both of them. But now, after increased hopes, after having experienced the presence of their baby inside her womb, born out of their very own love, how could he go back to the same truth again, when it stands void. She COULD become a mother, she was ABOUT TO become a mother, until she was not. Her non-reaction to this loss, her strength, her acceptance of the situation, her moving on so non-chalantly - he's unable to grasp the immensity of it all.

So he questions GOD. Questions HIM about his wife's happiness, about his child's happiness. He challenges HIM to fulfil all her dreams, which HE chooses to shatter. He begs HIM to give him the same strength that she has, or answer his questions.

He is a man, so irrevocably in love with his wife, that her acceptance of the adversity pierces through his heart, as if asking what is the pain threshold of this woman? How much has she endured in her life to remain this unaffected, even now? And this stings him so much so as to make him lose control over his surroundings.

ISHITA RAMAN BHALLA:

A woman who was termed as 'infertile' all her life experienced the first pangs of motherhood, only to give it all up to save her other children. She shows nerves of steel, reigns herself in and moves on.

Here she is, in acceptance with the loss of her unborn, witnessing her husband's plight, unable to comprehend his guilt. She was at the brink of losing her family, and her children with it, and there in hit the realization that she already has everything she ever wanted. She's absolutely content now.

But seeing him break apart like he did, question their relationship, finding himself unworthy of her love, is agony beyond imagination. Watching him question GOD for her, for their child, for them, is so painfully unbelievable, that she has to bring him back to his senses.

It hurts her to see him get hurt for her. Today she's seeing the flashes of the man she got married to, an exterior of iron, but vulnerable inside, and so much in pain that he submerges himself in alcohol, and loses his surroundings. He falls weak and snaps into pieces. Back then, she did not know him enough to either understand his anguish, or help him come out of it.

But today, she knows, and understands. Her husband needs her and her love the most. He needs to know the fact that he's her strength, he's her life. They have each other and that's never going to change. So she pulls her grit and holds him from breaking apart.

She reminds him of the husband he is, the man who loves her, the man who completes her, the man who makes her life whole even without their miracle baby. She makes him realize that they belong to each other and no one else. That good or bad, happy or sad, they're meant to be, and no matter what the situation is, they have to have each other's backs.

In those few moments, she's his mother, his friend, his lover, and his wife. She slaps him, hugs him, talks to him, kisses him, brings him back on his feet, and takes him back home, arm-in-arm. 

IshRa

The intensity of their love is so strong that anyone who comes near them will get burnt. This is not the kind of love you would find in fairy-tales, or in romantic novels. This is the kind of love that is born out of pain, that hurts and heals at the same time. There are no words that could describe the vehemence with which these two love each other. Just being a spectator to this ferocity makes you go delirious.

DT & KP

I have said it enough times already that they set the screens on fire. The raw emotions of Raman and Ishita - pain, hurt, anger, helplessness - it jumped out of the screen, poked my heart, pinched my eyes and made me cry. If that is not the mark of a stupendous performance, I don't know what is.

And the chemistry, the less I say, the better it is.

P.S. I'm STILL unable to relate with Ishita's unconcerned, calm, cool and collected behaviour about the miscarriage. One lonely moment of grief is all I'm asking for, something which proves she was attached to the baby for her own self too, that proves she's fallible too. This makes it seem so unnatural, that when I watched this scene for the first time, I could not connect with her. But then, such is the magic of DT's acting, that it grew on me.
Edited by -Nidoo- - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Atii- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
RES 

UNRES

I had so much to write, but then I decided words aren't enough to justify the masterpiece of an episode which, btw, I watched around five times. So, I decided I'd let gifs do the talking instead. Even then, they aren't enough of a justification on a beautiful episode. 

• About the episode...

• About IshRa...

• My overall state right now..

Had to just mention this, because I think it deserves the all the accolades...that is Raman's love for Ishita. I'm not trying to be an advocate for Raman here but I guess everyone can see how transparent his love for Ishita is. I genuinely believe, after all the get outs, all the taunts, and everything, the person he loves the most is her. He was a goner after Shagun left him, his heart was cold, Ishita brought him back to life and gave his life a meaning and for that, he will love her forever. Some people crave and wait for unconditional love their whole life..but these two, what Ishita and Raman have is not unconditional..it's much more beyond that. I don't think there ever was or ever will be a couple on TV whose love is so pure, so passionate, so intense, so powerful...so perfect, ever. 

They leave me breathless, wanting for more each and every time. 

• Karan Patel and Divyanka Tripathi..there is a reason why they seem to be winning all the best actor/actress awards..

That's it for now I guess, might be back later because I can gush about this episode till I die, which will probably be any minute now..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Amazing review Nids! Agree with everything you said, especially about why Raman still gets affected by what Ashok says.. because he took Shagun from him, someone he loved..and now Ishita, someone her loves more than he ever loved Shagun and that scares him...if he shattered because of Shagun, he could downright die because of Ishita, literally.. So yea, as long as Ashok is there, he knows Ishita will never be safe. 

Edited by -Atii- - 8 years ago
-Anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Shall come back to unreserve in the morning.Feeling sleepy now.

Edited - 

Sorry Nidoo,wanted to gush with you but you were busy earlier and I was too sleepy later 

Anyway, love love your topic and what you wrote 😳 My sentiments exact. Although  I will just be posting about IshRa and nothing else in the episode apart from them. They, their emotions and their feelings are what were so consuming that I couldn't think of anything else at all. πŸ˜³

Raman - 

That man, his guilt, his pain and all that he has lost in his life over and over is so agonizing that I wonder how he hasn't had a nervous breakdown and taken to the bed. People say he's overreacting or ranting one thing repetitively. But I'd like to ask, how can anyone possibly forget such an incident which could have killed his entire family and snatched the miracle that he thought him and his wife had been blessed with? What's more overbearing for him and what pushes him to breakdown even more is the strength Ishita has. Not that it's her fault if she's unaffected. But since the positivity and strength is so overwhelming he can't understand how she cannot be affected by what has happened to her and what everyone is saying so he assumes and concludes that she is hiding her pain for him. Another thing the woman does for him amidst the million other things she has whole heartedly done for him and their family time and again.. 

We say Raman is way too guilty but which man in his condition wouldn't be? He was a man devoid of respect, love and compassion from his partner in the first marriage. He'd been the one to give always but maybe it wasn't enough.. because his spouse abandoned him for something better. Ashok and Shagun left no chance to butcher every bit of confidence that Raman had on himself making him question his own capability to make his wife and children happy. But then Ishita came into his life, healed him.. gave him and his family the due respect and love. She took over every responsibility and shared his duties with him, sometimes more than him.. time and again giving him and the Bhalla's more than they could ever reciprocate. If Ruhi and Adi are now with Raman and the family is one unit, it's only because of Ishita. Summarizing a post or discussion in which Aani similarly said that Raman wants to give back, wants to reciprocate as well. And Ishita has always wanted only one thing, to be a mother. She has herself cried on his shoulders that the word baanj hurt her and snatched away all her happiness. And he wants to wipe that pain out of her life and system. Which is why he's guilty and even more desperate. Because he really wants to give her one happiness all by himself, which he nearly did before it was snatched away..

His fight with God, his heart wrenching war was only because he loves Ishita so much that he can do anything for her. It's not about having their own child, or because he doesn't believe Ishita is already a mother, or isn't a complete woman. She's always been complete for him. But he's also been the one seeing her lament about how it hurt her to be called baanj. His fight is for her, not for the child.

Ishita -

She's a woman of strength, full of love, kindness and knows only how to give and never take. A woman who was shunned for not being able to conceive, became a mother miraculously when little Ruhi accepted her as her mother even when there was no such relation, even Ishita and Raman weren't married. She probably was already more than complete then, but once she got married and fell in love.. everything was perfect. And if it wasn't.. Adi accepting her as his mother over his blood mom made her the most satisfied and happiest woman on earth. She had stopped thinking about wanting to have a baby before hopes rose again, her family supported her for it and she approached a doctor. After a few more weeks of turmoil and swinging between hope and dismay she finally did become pregnant. For a woman who went through hell because of a physical complication which wasn't in her hands.. it was the biggest boon it seemed. For any woman, to be a mother is the happiest day of her life and a beautiful journey lies ahead. Ishita's happiness on the day she found out proved that.

But even before this, Ishita as she says..is a complete woman. She was abandoned and rejected over and over for being incomplete. But Raman, Adi Ruhi and the entire Bhalla family accepted her and loved her. And for any human, woman or man who is made to feel needed and is loved ... is complete. 

So Ishita is in no way wrong when she is happy and thankful more than remorseful about what she lost. That incident could have snatched whatever she had, the whole family, her husband and kids.. But they all survived and hence what completed her in the first place was not lost and she had every reason to be relieved and look for the bigger gain here. It could have been a lot worse she thinks ...She is so used to being called baanj and living without hoping to conceive that now she's ready to live with it.. as she tells her husband to accept the truth and live with it like she is. 

Her love for Raman is so pure and guileless, so all consuming. She needs him and the kids and nothing else. She's always wanted love and acceptance and till she has that she needs nothing. The way she hugged and comforted Raman.. she was his everything and he was hers.. that's her world and she is complete. 

YES like you said.. its easier to understand Raman here because he is that transparent and wears his feelings on his sleeves it seems. But Ishita has always been a closed book, hiding and bottling her feelings within her. And this time too she's taken that route. But earlier even when she used to hide her feelings from others, we would get a monologue or a moment of hers in privacy or with her sister or mother where the viewers could understand what she went through. But here her absolutely cold reaction to the miscarriage and immediate normalcy is something I can't relate to.

Ishita whose a wonderful woman, mother and wife can never be not affected by the loss of a child. It's not possible that it never meant anything more than a duty or expectations to be fulfilled for others.. It meant the world to her like it would for any woman. I am not saying Ishita should bawl or cry her eyes out. But just so that I as a viewer am convinced that Ishita wanted to be a mother for herself too and not for the others only, one moment is all I ask. By showing nothing they're either bottling it for a major outburst later or it's being used as a key for magnifying Raman's guilt here just to further the future track..

Raman and Ishita are two broken, wounded people who heal when together. They are a pair bound not just by love or passion, but pain. They are the balm the other needs and cannot do without each other. Like Ishita so beautifully put.. they are made for each other.. two halves that become one in every sense when they're together. 

Karan and Divyanka are synonymous to Raman and Ishita. So perfect and flawless in their portrayal that they give more to the characters than the story does. Had it not been for their performances I could have different opinions of them in many tracks. But they are so convincing that one can't help but feel what the character does. And last night was indeed one of their best scenes and best performances ever.

Edited by -Anku- - 8 years ago
-Silencia- thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Anku-

Shall come back to unreserve in the morning.Feeling sleepy now.

Kya yaar! You were supposed to GUSH with me? πŸ˜” πŸ˜†
s_kavya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
First of all Hi Nidoo... missed you at LU dear πŸ€—

Now coming to Epi.. well I will just and just talk about ishra as the entire episode belongs to them only... 😳

Today's ishra scen is definitely one of the most most Beautiful and intense scen till now in YHM... The way Raman was shouting at God... was questioning him why he always punish him... what has he done to get such cruel punishment... why he always snatch his happiness... he was asking God to give him the same strength which God has given to ishu... he was asking God why ishu getting punishment being with him.. because of him... he was so broken.. so miserable...so guilty for not able to protect his wife his unborn... though its not at all his fault whatever happened was there destiny but he is just blaming himself... really really felt bad for him ...

Ishra scen was beautiful... intense the love Raman and ishita have for each other can't be described in words... loved loved how ishita console Raman... how she told him not to blame himself for whatever happened... they are together and they are enough for each other... he is the man who gave her love.. family... children... loved how ishu told Raman that never think that he don't deserve her... she told him that they both deserve each other and made for each other... she loves and respects her husband Raman Kumar bhalla and she knows he loves her... and that love is enough for them... very beautiful scen ... ❀️

Loved how ishu soothed Raman's pain... that kiss on his head.. those hugs...loved loved it... from today's Epi there should be NO doubt about ishra's love for each other... they love each other intensely... passionately... madly... deeply.. and NO one can ever come between them ever... ❀️

And last but not the least... once again DT... KP nailed it they were OUTSTANDING... Take a bow DivAn πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Beautiful write up Nidoo... thanks for this gushing post πŸ˜ƒ   πŸ˜³

Edited by s_kavya - 8 years ago
mayasun thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hi Nidhi,

Nice review

Initially I was upset too that they have made Raman to feel guilty and Ishita not to care about the baby still I am angry at them at least for Raman they have given valid reason for him to be guilty but with Ishita they have made her look like the baby was a burden to her so I am hoping they give at least a monologue of her thinking about the baby it doesn't even have to be in tears just a happy thought will also do because then at least we will come to know she cares for the baby.

I wanted Ishita to breakdown and Raman handling her but YHM have been always breaking the norm of  the society  has in its place so when I saw today episode I felt yeah just like Param track where the family accepted the DIL and threw out the SIL which is not common practice because no matter what they always support the SIL even if it his mistake here also they are breaking the tradition of why does the husband always have to be an emotional anchor in cases of family crisis why cannot the wife be husband emotional anchor and the husband can leave his maccho image and break down in front of his wife during an emotional crisis in the world.

In this crisis Ishita become the  emotional anchor to Raman and Raman became the person who needed support breaking the norm it was brilliantly done.

On a side note this is SEP 17 exactly one year before on the same day Ishita was feeling miserable because of Shagun taunts and Raman was comforting Ishita in the rain which is the ever best dance of IshRa and one year later on the same date we have Raman feeling miserable because of Ashok taunts and Ishita comforting him in the rain saying to him that they deserve each other and they love each in contrast to that day when even though they loved each other they could not express but today all the emotions were visible for each other to see.

This was brilliantly portrayed by KP and DT superb actingπŸ‘πŸ‘

Having said that  I don't like Raman coming into Ashok words time and again Ishita was correct in telling him that if you want to punish him ignore his words that would be the biggest punishment for him because after that he want be able to manipulate Raman.

I don't like Raman talking about surrogacy at all mainly because this IshRa baby track was many fans dream track and they have royally butchered it I am still watching the show because it is just a build up only but the day they have confirmed that surrogacy is going to happen via Shagun that would be the last day I would be watching even this powerful IshRa magic cannot make me watch that crap.

I am hoping this talk of surrogacy will lead to finally Ishita pouring out her pain.

Coming to today episode 

It was sheer brilliance of KP and DT acting abilities.

The only gripe I have with this episode is Ishita kissed Raman but they didn't show it properly instead it looked like a hug I found out that was kiss from the picture posted then went and watched the episode for that particular scene.

They way Raman was fighting with god for her happiness and asking him to leave when Ishita slapped him and he literally falling at her feet she bends to hug him and comfort him and repeating numerous times that she loves him and she deserves him there hug was so beautiful.

I just wish the surrogacy drama was not hanging on top of the head making me wondering how long will I be able to watch my favorite show.

Finally my review after my gushing.

I am still waiting for the continuation of Raman/ Mihika talk and Ishita listening in the precap the next day we didn't even get what happened to that pre cap I thought after his talk with Mihika Ishita would either show her pain or talk to Raman 

I understand why Ishita wants Ashok to be punished because he puts his whole family in danger I am kind of liking this part of Ishita post C she has become some what vindictive and not always forgiving the person who are hurting her family first she went in search of Shagun to give it back to her for all the taunts she gave her now she is going after Ashok now I feel Ishita is becoming human and not some Jahan Mata who keeps forgiving everyone this shows that Ishita is becoming possessive of her family and is will turn into a sher if something threatens her life.

I was okay till Ishita found out about the factory and told Abhischek but I was not happy when she said she would be accompanying him what is with her let the police do their work. I was happy when ACP she cannot come otherwise I would have been mad. She did not tell Ashok about the constable who is in Ashok pocket revealed to him that she was the source of the information.

I also felt that  Rinki was talking to her ex-boyfriend because when her stupid friend commented that her boyfriend was some super rich boy-friend and her husband is nothing that is when all the misunderstanding with the family started and Simmi found a expensive shirt so my first thought was also probably he has come back and it is going to be repeat cycle of Mihir-Rinki-Raman instead of Raman-Shagun-Mihir waiting to see how the track unfolds I guess this is going to test Mihir/Raman  relationship I want that to be intact that is only relationship they haven't butchered so far and I hope they keep it same and not run behind trp by butchering that relationship it is one of the strongest bond in yhm of nature Vs nurturer 

After my rant about above as to why Raman is so getting affected still by Ashok I get where he is coming from even though I feel Raman should ignore him that would be the greatest revenge Raman can take against Ashok.

Raman was already feeling guilty that he left her alone in the bus for the last minute he somehow feels that if he was with her in the bus instead of the ground somehow he could have saved her and the baby together but when Ashok announced to the world that his wife is called Baanj a word which he hates most it bothers him more than Ishita because now it has become his pain rather than Ishita He pours so much love on her she doesn't even bother about other  or whatever name they are calling her she feels complete because of his love but on the other hand Raman cannot take any insult on his beloved because he knows she doesn't deserve the tag because he know how good a mother she is so when Ashok taunted him about his manhood even though he was angry he said he doesn't have to give him any explanation and when Ashok taunted about saying that he could not protect his family he got angry and said to him see who is going to protect you from me but when Ashok said Ishita is baanj all control flew of puttar and he grabbed Ashok collar.

I don't have words to describe Ishita/Raman scene it was so intense, powerful and beautifully enacted but the editing wise I am not happy because I couldn't see the kiss properly

Ishita was angry while taking him back she ranted that he behaved like a teenager and should have left him the police station and Raman being RKB took it literally and got out of the car and told her leave him here to die because that is what he deserves immediately Ishita anger vanished and she started consoling him saying sorry to him and trying to console him.

Raman was fighting with god for her happiness when he said he loves her so much and immediately asked her to leave him begging her as he knows fully well that she would not leave him in any circumstances and Ishita slapping him for even him suggesting her to go away from their lives and he falling at her feet and she holding him and telling him that she loves him was such a powerful scene I got connected with the scene more than the hug.

When Raman picked up the bottle her face fell which was noticed by Raman even in that stupor and threw the bottle away to see her smile which she did and hugged him and even while hugging her it was nice to see that he was fighting with god for her happiness and for Ishita to feel blissful in his love was a nice scene.

I am hoping at least tomorrow we will get to see how Ishita really felt about the baby

Edited by mayasundar - 8 years ago
mreshma thumbnail
πŸ‘...U know what...I wanna hug u for ur take on Raman-Ashok today bcoz this is exactly what I was saying in the LU thread though not as elaborate n in perfect words as u said...
mreshma thumbnail
@Atii...
U said it dear...Raman's love for Ishita...today almost everybody r praising the intensity of emotions in the scene...but still there r some, who rudely call it as " Raman's baccha rant", do not want to see it that it stems from that 101%pure love he has for her...Now as per spoilers whether n if at all he will somehow reach till Shagun to be a surrogate mother is yet to be seen...but whatever it is I am never gonna doubt the purity of his intentions...
ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
I saw your post JUST NOW & the first thing that struck me was "Gosh... I just KNEW that Nidoo will post today!"

Yay! So excited!

RES!
-Silencia- thumbnail
Updated the main post with IshRa 😳